Contest (CAG Foreplay #46): Win Patapon (PSP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
As detailed in CAG Foreplay Podcast #46, CAG Robjus was kind enough to donate a copy of Patapon for the PSP.

Listen to the show for details on how to win (or just copy the trend that you see forming of those that actually listened)! Winner will be announced on the next CAG Foreplay. One winner will be chosen at random.

Good luck everyone and thanks again to Robjus.

I would say mike tysons punch out, its not a sound rythm game but a lot of people would recognize bald bull's charge down the mat and/or the running music during the password scene with Mac running in a pink suit lol.

I'm going to say the "hit" sound from Quake 3. It was one of the (if not THE) first game to employ this kind of hit feedback to let you know you hit somebody. It especially resonates with me because I used to play Instagib, Railgun only, and hearing that meant you got a kill, not that you simply made a hit.

FINISH HIM! and all the ones that came with it - Fatality, babality, animality, and whatever else came long after the series stopped being fun, sadly :(

Most Memorable?? I'd have to say when you grab a coin in Super Mario Bros. , that would be my number 1 , or when you grab a mushroom and you get super-sized!!! The old days were so simple LOL!!!!

I would have to go with most of the sound effects from SMB as well. Those are probably some of the most universally recognized in the world.

I'm going to give two...because I'm not sure the first counts. The ultimate sound everyone could recognize is the battle-win music from the Final Fantasy Series. It's so recognizable, that in the movie Final Fantasy Advent Children Movie, they alluded to it in the Tifa fight scene (when after she "won," a cell phone with that melody started ringing).

With that said, in case that its NOT a sound effect, I would then have to go with the "jump" sound from the Mario Bros series. You hear that awkward sound (almost like Goofy's "Hayuuk") and you know some Mario out there is jumping.

[quote name='Chitown021']I would have to go with most of the sound effects from SMB as well. Those are probably some of the most universally recognized in the world.[/quote]

What he said. The sound when you clear a stage, the ominous sounds of the flames in bowsers castle, the jumping sound as someone mentioned, the coins, the sound when you jump on a turtle shell, all classics.

I have a few: the sound in the MGS series when snake gets discovered and when there's an incoming codec call. Also, the sound the lil vegetable dudes make when you run over them in Odin Sphere seems to be stuck in my head.

gotta go with grabbing the hammer in donkey kong but if that's counted as music then "combo breaker" or "Ultra" from killer instinct were awesome to get when playing against a friend

Megaman... the charged up X-buster was awesome, and it sounded identical in nearly every Megaman game.

mmmvvvvvvVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

ahh, i can almost hear it now.

(although id love to be able to forget his girlish screams, when he got hit... "Gueah!" )

Night Creatures on the Turbo Grafx 16. The game wasn't that great but the sound effects are great. It is the only game I liked dieing. That sound was great.

the MGS codec call sound effect is extremely effectively. So much so that my various cell phones have been using it for the past 4 years as the ringer.

Though I am a Nintendo guy, I think that there isn't anything more memorable than when you start up a round of Sonic on the Genesis. That first board is so memorable with the music, tings, rings, and bounces.

Pac-Man's chomping sound effect. I love old games that age well and Pac-Man: CE was awesome. I haven't touched my 360 in two or three months and I feel like playing that right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back