CAGcast #123: All You Can Eat

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
CheapyD finds a new sleeping aid and soon Wombat won't be sleeping at all. We discuss new releases, the latest video game industry and shopping news, your CAGbag questions and much more!

Listen to details on how to win 1 of 4 $100 GameStop Gift Cards!

Review us on iTunes!
Join the CAGcast Facebook Group

[media]http://media.libsyn.com/media/cheapyd/cagcast123.mp3[/media]
Download
- 89 minutes, 36MB
[digg]http://digg.com/podcasts/CAGcast[/digg]
Past CAGcasts

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Picture
Kevin's Tony Roma's Roppongi Wedding Party

By popular request, bjwoodruff's CAGs On News Theme Song
[media]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/podcast/cagsonews.mp3[/media]

I think it's about time to get rid of the CAGs on News Theme.

Anyways, glad to see the show's up even though it's 2AM, will listen to the first half now.

isn't that kind of sad that I've been checking my computer every 5 mins at 1 in the morning waiting for a new cheapassgamer cast...

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']I think it's about time to get rid of the CAGs on News Theme.

Anyways, glad to see the show's up even though it's 2AM, will listen to the first half now.[/QUOTE]

NOPE! I disagree! Keep the CAGS ON NEWS intro!

Wombat also needs to keep singing CAGS ON BAGS. :D

omg its finally out, hey guys a big hello from australia. ive been hitting refresh in itunes all day for cag cast 123 and now its here. thanks so much cheapy u make studying for exams bearable! btw i signed up jus to post this!

2594942536_4a3eed0fbf_o.jpg

Watch out for him Cheapy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djR9IM7pvvQ

Yeah I think you can remove the "By popular demand the Cags on News Theme" because it's no longer popular. It was nice while it lasted but I think that's enough. Not funny anymore. Looking forward to hearing this on my way to work today!

I know you were trying to make the CAGcast a better show by purchasing and playing MGS4 but I'd prefer it if you didn't purchase games just to talk about them. It's a lot like your JRPG arguement in that you shouldn't really go out of your way to play it just because its something to talk about. Do your wallet a favor next time and skip MGS5. It's also not like every other podcast isn't talking about that game. Stick to the games you think you'll enjoy please: it makes for a better show and you won't have people hating you for not liking "the greatest game evar!"

P.S. Check out these Double Dragons:
_MG_5685.jpg

Listening now.

As for Cheapy "buying" games he don't necessary like, I wouldn't sweat it. It's Cheapy's amazon/PA credits and he can do whatever the hell he wants with them.

It'd be lame for a gaming podcast not to talk about the biggest games just because they're big. If anything, it's good to hear converse opinions instead of sheep-like agreement with the masses.

And cheapy and wombat can discuss Veronica Belmont (or any lovely lasses') double dragons as much as they want.
as long as there's pictorial/video evidence of course. :)

MGS is a tough game to review...you either love the series and appreciate the cutscenes or you don't. For me, I'm not a big fan of series per se, but I had no problem with the length and quantity of cutscenes. The only thing I thought could've been done better was
the backstories of the B&B bosses. Having Drebin explain over a static screen didn't do it for me. It could've been handled better (I'd even suggest--the horror--more cutscenes), but I'm guessing there just wasn't time/finances to keep on going with that stuff.

I think the summer drought has just started to hit with Metal Gear Solid 4 now being out. The big game for the 360 and PS3 just hit, Guitar Hero Aerosmith is coming out at the end of the month, but for July, August and September, you basically have nothing. Yes, there is Too Human, but I have not been impressed at all by it, and yes there is Madden, but Madden doesn't mean a damn thing anymore in the eyes of a lot of gamers.

And Cheapy, if you want to bring up pricing for first party PS3 games, answer me why is Gears of War is still $60? And this "repackaged" one is $40 instead of $30 when it offers nothing besides free content in addition to the game? I'm just guessing the reason why Mass Effect dropped was because the PC version came out.

[quote name='KingBroly']And Cheapy, if you want to bring up pricing for first party PS3 games, answer me why is Gears of War is still $60?[/quote]
It's $40. And when refreshed version comes out, the $40 one will probably drop down to $30.

[quote name='KingBroly']It must've recently dropped. Because a month ago it was $59.99. It's still ridiculous it's $40 IMO.[/quote]

So is it also ridiculous that Resistance is $40, and Twilight Princess $50? Even though they came out at the same time as Gears of War?

[quote name='bardiya27']So is it also ridiculous that Resistance is $40, and Twilight Princess $50? Even though they came out at the same time as Gears of War?[/quote]

Yup. Although the Cube version of TP is on clearance at Target. Stretching high prices isn't a Sony exclusive is my point.

It's funny that Cheapy spends a lot of time complaining about the long list of downloadable games than just jumping into it.

# = sharp, Cheapy.

I've run into a few games that were full of mics, so it's not like nobody uses mics in the game. The reason the guy is shitting himself, Johnny Sasaki, is explained later in the game. What cutscenes were you falling asleep to? You could certainly try out the MGS4 Database, as it can help you find out more about things that are confusing you in the story in a wikipedia-style interface.

I've been hearing the MGS4 on 360 rumors for years now that I just stopped listening to them unless Konami or Kojima actually come out and say it's coming to the 360 because it's just a conspiracy at the moment.

If the rumors are true, Wombat's already proven wrong about his prediction that only one of the fourteen games will be made since the two Wii exclusives are supposedly the only confirmed ones of the bunch.

If Alone in the Dark is Atari's only hope, then what is Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit?

i think you should just play Metal Gear Online its more just gameplay and not story the way you like it ..... and i hope u do create a CAG Sever Room that'll be fun

[quote name='JMEPO']isn't that kind of sad that I've been checking my computer every 5 mins at 1 in the morning waiting for a new cheapassgamer cast...[/quote]

Yes. Yes it is.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The reason the guy is shitting himself, Johnny Sasaki, is explained later in the game.[/QUOTE]

Let me guess, it has to do with the dude who shat himself in MGS 1 aka the nude dude with stars above his head.

Cheapy, it's a shame that you don't get the MGS story. If you played the previous three games, it makes much more sense. There are a lot of info and in-jokes that are directly related tot he previous games. The guy shitting is an ongoing joke that's been done since the first game. He's actually pretty important for the story.

Btw, not all the cutscenes are just talking. There's a huge amount of action acenes which rival the best Hollywood action films. If you plan on skipping the cutscenes, I'll let you know which ones are worth watching for the action alone. They are terrific. You can skip the Mission Briefings if you want. They are mainly story-related and can be replayed anytime you want.

[quote name='LiK']If you played the previous three games, it makes much more sense. ... The guy shitting is an ongoing joke that's been done since the first game. He's actually pretty important for the story.[/quote]

It's all so clear now.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']I think it's about time to get rid of the CAGs on News Theme.

Anyways, glad to see the show's up even though it's 2AM, will listen to the first half now.[/quote] yes get rid of it its annoying

in regards to nintendo allowing game execution from the SD cards.. they can DEFINITELY lock down the execution to the wii that bought the games.. remember you can ALREADY put the games on the sd card, and if you try to copy them to another wii, it won't let you.

that check is already in place.. nintendo just needs to change whatever in their code is making the sd slot soooo slow. homebrew devs have the sd slot doing everything under the sun, at normal sd speeds.. while nintendo's software takes a full minute to copy a 2mb nintendo game to the thing.

something is wrong there.

I'm about to listen to the show, but...

NO MORE CAGS ON NEWS THEME?!!??!

WHAT??!?!??!?!?!?

Today is my birthday, and because of this...I will now proceed to cry.

Yes! Iron Fist! God bless you, Wombat, and your fellow comic book nerdery.

And Venom is indeed overrated as a character. Much in the same regard as Carnage, Superman, and Gambit, Gambit, Gambit.

Gents, I've been dismissing JRPGs for quite some time. I got pretty solidly burnt out on them on the PS2. They look great and all that, but I don't have the patience for turned based games anymore. Seems like an anachronism from a time when turn based games were required because of hardware limitations.

Plus, Japanese art style makes me want to throw up about 95% of the time. Okami being the 5% exception.

[quote name='thorbahn3']Let me guess, it has to do with the dude who shat himself in MGS 1 aka the nude dude with stars above his head.[/quote]

its the same guy.

Hey Cheapy, so whats up with the GameStop ads? On your older podcasts you said how dissappointed you were with them as a company because they merged and no longer giving the Cags discounts and other deals. Has this changed or was it just a money thing? Other than that Great show as always.

FYI Wombat ( and I realize that you were simply venturing a guess),

Wii 3rd Party Million Sellers..

Red Steel (Ubi)
RE: Umbrella chronicles (Capcom)
RE:4 (Capcom)
Sonic and the Secret Rings (Sega)
Rayman Raving Rabbit (Ubi)
Carnival Games
Guitar Hero 3 (Activision)
Mario and Sonic at the Olympics (technically Sega)
My Sims (EA)

Best CAGcast ever! Based only on the fact that the opening segment included stories of underage enjoyment. Preach on brother Abrahms!!

If theres grass on the field, play ball! Though to be honest no one really keeps grass on the field anymore. ;)

I thought the podcast was great except it was too short compared to other recent CAGcasts. I'm guessing that's because you cut out the CAGs on News section. I completely agree with Wombat about that some people don't even like 9.0+ reviewed games, because I have a friend who can't get into GTA IV at all and is planning to trade it in somewhere. I'm pretty sure he hasn't even played for 10 hours. Again great job, thanks for making my Fridays so much better.

Hey Cheapy I would like to play Metal Gear Online with you sometime. I am 14 years old so I think you may enjoy it since we all now know that you are fond of people from the younger generation (or is it just high school japanese girls?). I have a headset by the way. P.S Good show this week guys.

GameStop? Honestly? I laugh everytime you say 'trade your games in at GameStop' because it's a known fact that most people around here loathe GS with their crappy trade in prices, scratched games, and manged cases/manuals (if you get one). Grats for pimping out the winner of the Cheapy award for worst on and offline retailer two years running. What a joke.

On the other hand, everyone here knows they are shit, so take their fucking money and run.

In fact, everyone should click on that ad a few times daily. It's like you're mugging money from Gamespot and giving it to CAG. Woo!

[quote name='zengonzo']On the other hand, everyone here knows they are shit, so take their fucking money and run.

In fact, everyone should click on that ad a few times daily. It's like you're mugging money from Gamespot and giving it to CAG. Woo![/QUOTE]

Thats the spirit!

I never understood Nintendo's problem with letting users read their games straight off the SD card. You guys think it might be because of piracy. But that's what I don't get...people who are into the piracy scene are most likely already pirating those games on their PCs through the use of ROMs and emulators, so there isn't anything to really stop them from playing those old games already.

Cheapy I know Sony said this and Kojima said that blah blah blah, but I want to give my quick opinion. It took a dual layered Blu-Ray disc to fit MGS4 on so with the 360's petite DVD-9 disc I just don't see a 4-5 disc MGS4 being released (especially not with extra content). I know Lost Oddysey is 4 discs and Bioshock, Lost Planet and maybe others which I don't know about have been ported over but this is just my opinion.

[quote name='zengonzo']On the other hand, everyone here knows they are shit, so take their fucking money and run.

In fact, everyone should click on that ad a few times daily. It's like you're mugging money from Gamespot and giving it to CAG. Woo![/quote]

As much as I hate GameStop, this is actually a good idea. It helps CAG, unless they're only paid commission when a click leads to a purchase. Give us a confirmation, and I'll be happy to help out.

Aside from that, I'm not entering the next few GS-related contests. I have enough dignity not to sell out my hatred for GS for a Gift Card.

I don't think it'll actually happen, but here's to hoping that this new advertiser doesn't lead CAG down the path of the GameSpot/Kane & Lynch fiasco.

~HotShotX

I don't mind Gamestop, and I guess that's because the Gamestops in my area are kinda good. But this contest seems really shady, and because of that I won't enter.

Nice Shovelware Vid. Man, just put Natali Del Conte, Veronica Belmont with a scoch of Olivia Munn together ~~~> Magic.

Not a bad CAGcast but the GS whoring was a bit much. We're ringing numbers for contests now ?

Mind you, I never used to bother with the ones where we only had to post somewhere.

bread's done
Back