• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:40 PM

http://www.amazon.co...3993998&sr=1-24

Amazon is selling Universe at War: Earth Assault for the Xbox 360 for $26.00 with free shipping. The game was originally listed for $54.99. This is the cheapest I have seen it anywhere. Sorry if this isn't a good deal or it is a repost.

#2 jollydwarf

jollydwarf

America's #1 Poster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:54 PM

No, it's a very good deal, at least discount percentage-wise.

It's also only $10.19 for the PC version over at Amazon, too. Given that I just got a laptop with Vista, I had to go with that instead. But thanks for the heads-up.

Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.co...13995025&sr=8-1

P.S. I guess they patched in cross-platform play, so Live Gold members can play on either. Not sure if the PC version has Achievements (but I would imagine it does).
"I like whipped cream a lot. I'll put whipped cream on anything."--Jessica Alba

Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at...

"What, you're still here? The post's over. Log off. Shoo! Shoo!"

#3 V4oLDbOY

V4oLDbOY

Vengeance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:05 PM

I'm not too interested, but I hope someone comes out with a quality real time strategy came on a console. I tried the demo and it didn't feel right.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#4 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:12 PM

I'm interested in the game but wish it was just a little bit cheaper....

#5 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2008 - 12:25 AM

It's also only $10.19 for the PC version over at Amazon, too.

Nice find!! It's Games for Windows Live which means achievements. :D

Just put in an order and the price is down to $9.97. (I've got Amazon Prime)

#6 graf1k

graf1k

Posted 21 June 2008 - 12:36 AM

I'm not too interested, but I hope someone comes out with a quality real time strategy came on a console. I tried the demo and it didn't feel right.

World in Conflict is supposed to be great and coming to consoles in August I think.

#7 jgamezcua

jgamezcua

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:38 AM

Just dropped to $21.84 on Amazon.

In for one.

#8 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:09 AM

Quality game for Windows at $10. Might pick up a 2nd copy. EDIT: Gone currently from Amazon, have to get from a 3rd party.

#9 jgamezcua

jgamezcua

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:26 AM

EDIT: Gone currently from Amazon, have to get from a 3rd party.

Ummm, I'm not sure what you mean. Both the PC and 360 are showing up in stock direct from Amazon for me.

PC $7.49
http://www.amazon.co...14270574&sr=1-1

Xbox 360 $21.84
http://www.amazon.co...14270574&sr=1-2

#10 KiySeph

KiySeph

Ninja BOOM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:02 AM

$21.84? Now that's a tempting price.
"By using the Insignificant Present, you had a very fruitful experience that cannot be understood by someone who does not use something insignificant." - Earthbound

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:45 PM

Yeah, I just tried the demo last night (mostly just to see how it could play). I thought they did a better job than EA's RTSs did, but it's still way too confusing to play IMO, still hard to control, and interface elements are too small. The PC version is definitely the way to go...and I would pick it up except apparently there's no real single player game, which is all I care about.

#12 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:01 PM

I really like Command and Conquer 3 on the 360. Played it for a few hours last night.

cagSig.png515886.png

#13 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:08 PM

Personally I couldn't stand it. Couldn't even make it through the demo. I don't think traditional RTS is possible on a console. The only one I've played that works is Pikmin, because it's actually designed for the capabilities of the interface. But it's different enough from traditional RTS that a lot of people probably don't even realize that's what it is.

#14 turls

turls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2008 - 03:18 AM

Ummm, I'm not sure what you mean. Both the PC and 360 are showing up in stock direct from Amazon for me.

PC $7.49
http://www.amazon.co...14270574&sr=1-1

Xbox 360 $21.84
http://www.amazon.co...14270574&sr=1-2

Well then you caught it at the right time or your browser was caching something. I checked it again, and just like before, it was $29.99 from Amazon. This is standard for Amazon and no surprise. The price fluctuates on items like this. It doesn't usually go back down after it goes up that much though.

#15 Antic

Antic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2008 - 03:39 AM

It's crazy how fast and low these games drop. I just wish I had some money for this and Dark Sector. >_<

#16 turls

turls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:14 AM

Its back to 9.97 for the PC version, from a 3rd party, but "fulfillment by Amazon" including free super saver shipping eligible. Great padding for Mario Party DS currently in the Gold box.

#17 gkrykewy

gkrykewy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 02:53 AM

18.34 for the 360 version now. Just bought it.

#18 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 02:58 AM

18.34 for the 360 version now. Just bought it.

It's tempting at that price. Haven't heard much about it. Wonder if it is worth that price.

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#19 ddrlenz

ddrlenz

Jedi Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:48 AM

Interesting how quick the price has dropped.
Check out my reviews of the best GPT and referral sites!
Total Freebie Site Earnings To Date: $4000.00+

Posted Image

#20 jgamezcua

jgamezcua

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:18 PM

It's tempting at that price. Haven't heard much about it. Wonder if it is worth that price.

Just picked up a second copy at 18.34 for my bro. My first order just shipped so not sure how it plays but from the reviews I read, the PC version is the better of the two due to controls/graphics. No surprise there on RTS, but at this price we couldn't pass up since we both are more console gamers as opposed to PC.

#21 jgamezcua

jgamezcua

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:22 PM

Well then you caught it at the right time or your browser was caching something. I checked it again, and just like before, it was $29.99 from Amazon. This is standard for Amazon and no surprise. The price fluctuates on items like this. It doesn't usually go back down after it goes up that much though.

Yeah, i hear ya on the price fluctuations on Amazon. I'm pretty sure it's not caching though, especially since it's dropped further. :)

Hopefully others can get in on this too, since it seems like a decent price for being relatively new still.

#22 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:40 PM

I went ahead and got one for the $18.34 price point.

Thanks OP and the others who show the even lower price.

#23 staindklown

staindklown

I Like Pie!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:06 PM

Thanks, OP and everyone else, picked it up at $18.34.
"Now I'm getting greedy. I want more followers. Like a cult. We'll have an outfit that identfiies us, and everyone gets to be the Pope." - Nathan Fillion (Twitter)

#24 turls

turls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:11 PM

Yeah, i hear ya on the price fluctuations on Amazon. I'm pretty sure it's not caching though, especially since it's dropped further. :)

Hopefully others can get in on this too, since it seems like a decent price for being relatively new still.

Its from a 3rd party now. I never saw it from Amazon at the sub $10 price point, I was late to this thread and I checked before and after the post that said it still was. And both times I checked it was the same $29.99 price.

It hasn't dropped further on the PC, only the 360.

#25 darthbudge

darthbudge

The Real DB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:48 PM

:whee:

I just ordered the PC version for $4.97 after my $5 GC.

#26 turls

turls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:24 AM

Still $10.xx and eligible for free super saver shipping at Amazon for the PC version. I think the value of this greatly increased with Games for Windows LIVE becoming free a couple days ago. My son thinks there are more people playing now and he's actually had Live games vs. other computer players since that became free.

BTW earlier in the thread I hadn't caught it cheap but did later so I have 2 copies now so I can play LAN or Live. This fulfillment by Amazon thing seems pretty cool. It was from a 3rd party, but it came boxed with an actual Amazon item, and was free shipping if I got over $25. I hope this becomes standard on 3rd party when Amazon runs out at the cheap price, which they often do.

Edited by turls, 24 July 2008 - 11:32 AM.

#27 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:58 PM

anyone know if the PC version has wonky copy protection? like stardock or other evil cp? i hate PC games for that reason... but willing to check this game out for the price, if it doesn't have bad cp...
-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
PS3: Dead Or Alive 5
PSP Vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Wii U: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
iOS: After Burner Climax

#28 turls

turls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:22 PM

I think you mean starforce, not stardock the company that makes games without any CP. Too funny.

And on that note, I'm not sure if I'm missing something or you have just been out of PC gaming for a while, but starforce was the last one I know of that was a big issue, and its been pretty dead for a while.

There is a special code included that you have to put in to play Live, but that's standard.

#29 l rumble l

l rumble l

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:42 PM

i just looked and it said 45?

#30 l rumble l

l rumble l

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:45 PM

Man i really wanted this at 18. Damn too late i guess?