Rogue Galaxy (PS2) $19.99 @ Circuit City B&M

EpsilonExordium

CAG Veteran
It's not listed on the website, but I just purchased ROGUE GALAXY for PS2 for 19.99 at my local Circuit City. It is 39.99+ everywhere else.

I also got the guide for 9.00, marked down from 19.99.

Shweet. I was sorta looking forward to getting this. Hopefully its a nationwide price drop, and not just YMMV. Gracias senior

I'm pretty sure $19.99 is MSRP now. It's been $19.99 at Circuit City for at least two months as that was the last time I was there.

I picked it up from Kmart for $7 and it was an enjoyable, if somewhat overblown, 45 hours of gameplay. For some reason the characters/story really grated on me, but there are others that swear by it.

I've been looking for this game at Kmart/Target/TRU for some now, obv preferred at those locations because they are at clearance prices. I supposed I might as well stop by my local CC sometime soon to see if they have any of these in stock.

I've heard good things about this game, and Level-5 hasn't disappointed me so far (played Dark Cloud 1 & 2, DQVIII, Jeanne D'arc), so I expect a great experience.

The game has been $19.99 for at least the last 6-8 months. ;) I bought it for $19.99 at Amazon.com about 8 months ago only to find it at Walmart in Sarasota, Florida for $19.99

Old news peeps !

[quote name='Rodster']The game has been $19.99 for at least the last 6-8 months. ;) I bought it for $19.99 at Amazon.com about 8 months ago only to find it at Walmart in Sarasota, Florida for $19.99

Old news peeps ![/quote]

Well now it's a lot harder to find at that price. It is over $50.00 @ Amazon.com now, and I saw it for $40.00 yesterday @ Best Buy.

[quote name='Josef']This is also $19.82 at Wal-Mart if anyone's interested. Personally, I got my copy for $2.97 at Sears.[/quote]

Are you talking about B&M? It is 39.99 on the website.

[quote name='EpsilonExordium']Are you talking about B&M? It is 39.99 on the website.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, both Wal-Mart and Sears are for B&M locations. Most Sears stores will have it in the $2.97 - $5.97 range (the clearance prices are not the same across all Sears).

[quote name='EpsilonExordium']Well now it's a lot harder to find at that price. It is over $50.00 @ Amazon.com now, and I saw it for $40.00 yesterday @ Best Buy.[/quote]

Wow I didn't realize the price went up. Glad I bought it when it was $19.99 :D

[quote name='EpsilonExordium']Well now it's a lot harder to find at that price. It is over $50.00 @ Amazon.com now, and I saw it for $40.00 yesterday @ Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

it is not. Only the "Featured Merchants" is selling it for $50. Tons of marketplace seller are selling new copies for around $20 shipped.

Picked it up at CC 3 months ago for 20 bucks, thought I was late to the sale on this one, lol. Pick it up, cool game, but I haven't finished it yet.

[quote name='thelonepig']
I picked it up from Kmart for $7 and it was an enjoyable, if somewhat overblown, 45 hours of gameplay. For some reason the characters/story really grated on me, but there are others that swear by it.[/quote]

Wow, it's like you're reading my mind--this is exactly how this game rubbed me, too. The characters were pretty stagnant, the story was pretty dull, and the combat became VERY monotonous; however, the fantastic graphics, addicting dungeon crawling, and simplistic crafting system kept me plugging along until I finished the game.

IMHO, Level 5 is one of the few JRPG companies to rival Squenix, and I sure wish that they'd get moving on their next-gen offerings!

In summary: well worth $20, but not a ton more.

I'm not much of a JRPG'er but I like the story and characters. Solid game for $20. The battles do get somewhat tedious at times.

Hope BB drops it soon so I can use a %10 off coupon on it. I did see this at a Denver CC off of I70 on the way home from my Beaver Creek vacation but didn't get it because tax there is over 8.7%!!!

bread's done
Back