Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

• Please log in to reply
4326 replies to this topic

#3151 Strider21

Strider21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

FYI, Blizz finally detailed how MF works and is it ever a doozy. I already knew that items were created upon drop and ID'ing them was just a useless step, but what I didn't know was MF gear increased the likeliness it will have more affixes. Suddenly it all makes sense why I would farm for hours with no MF and while I got tons of 63 rares, they were all trash. This game is fucking garbage.

i dont know about you, but i REALLY like that MF can increase the likelihood of better loot. Its way better than just dropping more junk. I rather have quality than quantity.

#3152 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:25 PM

It just blows my mind how bad the design is lol. W/e, this is what happens when you lose focus of what made games good in the first place and I highly recommend checking out Dragon's Dogma as a remedy. It's only July and it's my GOTY already.

I've read it's a Demon's Souls/Dark Souls wannabe.

I'm trying not to quit D3 but everyone I played with seems to have quit, and playing solo is extremely boring.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#3153 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:28 PM

The last week or so of me playing D3 my online friends list has been at 0. I don't have a huge list, but it was rare it would be bare.

#3154 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:15 AM

i dont know about you, but i REALLY like that MF can increase the likelihood of better loot. Its way better than just dropping more junk. I rather have quality than quantity.

Just one thing. Until they fix the trash that are "legendaries", the real thing should look like this:

6 affix rare
5 affix rare
4 affix rare
3 affix rare
2 affix rare
1 affix rare
magic item
Legendary
Fight for the Lost

#3155 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:28 AM

I think it's funny to see the internet flipping out about Diablo 3 because it's not the second coming.

#3156 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:34 AM

I think it's funny that there are children starving in africa.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3157 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:48 AM

The difference is that one is childish and one is a very serious problem. If you can't differentiate between the two, then it's time you quit and reassessed your life.
Fight for the Lost

#3158 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:50 AM

I think it's funny to see the internet flipping out about Diablo 3 because it's not the second coming.

I don't see anyone flipping out. Its just a bummer that here we are a mere two months after release and the game is pretty much dead. D2 held peoples attention for like 5+ years (in many cases way longer) and D3 couldn't last for more than two months. Kinda sad.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#3159 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:16 AM

The difference is that one is childish and one is a very serious problem. If you can't differentiate between the two, then it's time you quit and reassessed your life.

I know its a serious problem, but I just don't see Blizzard getting their act together.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3160 itachiitachi

itachiitachi

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:13 AM

The difference is one takes billions of dollars to fix not to mention time, man power, diplomatic efforts ect...

The other takes a couple of idiots figuringing out how to get thier heads out of thier asses so they admit they where wrong, and patch can be made to fix things. While this comparatively is incredibly simple task that could be accomplished in a month if not a week, the latter is still probably be fixed first.

Forgive me if I have a little nuance to my worldview, and am not a black/white ideologue who can't grasp complexity.

This is perhaps the most ironic thing I have ever seen on CAG.

#3161 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:42 AM

Played my lvl 48 WD in act 4 NMand joined a public game. When I entered there was barb just waiting for people at the portal. He dropped a lvl 63 rare sword 662 dps with -14 lvl requirement, 350 loh, 45 crit damage and left. It was a nice surprise. Got a free wearable upgrade to start hell difficulty.

Edited by CAGkrazy, 15 July 2012 - 07:04 AM.

#3162 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

So is this really worth picking up? Been waiting for the Starter Edition to open up or get lucky and get a Guest Pass.

Sometimes I feel people critique this game as if it is an MMO, then again one could assume that seeing that it requires a person to be online in order to play.

fs_overall.png

#3163 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

Put all my barb gear on the RMAH. Hopefully some of it sells so I can be done with D3 and go back to playing other games. Had a bunch of fun but alas, it is time to move on.

#3164 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

So is this really worth picking up? Been waiting for the Starter Edition to open up or get lucky and get a Guest Pass.

Sometimes I feel people critique this game as if it is an MMO, then again one could assume that seeing that it requires a person to be online in order to play.

It really depends on what you want out of the game. Most of the hardcore players do not even think the game really 'begins' until you are level 60 and in Inferno difficulty. At this point the game is supposed to become about finding more and better loot. The problem is that Blizzard keeps making this part of the game worse in an attempt to keep the auction house economy healthy, and to drive more people to use the auction house in the first place. I've found maybe one or two items in Inferno that my DH could make use of, and honestly those were mostly a lateral move and not a real improvement. On the other hand there are lots of people (some on this board) who are making a decent profit just by selling stuff, so maybe I'm just unlucky.

The casual players will not really care about the end game that much, so they are going to be fine with everything up until that point. I had fun with the game up through Hell mode, and will probably go back and start new characters and play through with them.

My advise is that if you should probably either wait for a guest pass, or look for deals. It'll be a looooong while before the game ever gets it's price cut, and $60 wasnt worth it IMO for the lack of fun end game. I'd suggest waiting and dropping $20 on T2, which looks like it might be a better game.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3165 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

I know its a serious problem, but I just don't see Blizzard getting their act together.

Pro. :lol:

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#3166 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

It's an issue when a player can do harder content because they put in the time and got the better gear, but wind up being fucked over by the guy farming act one in blues with 300% MF. That's horrible design over an outdated stat that shouldn't be in the game. What needed to happen, since they're so intent on shoving MF in our face, is have a crafter that can affix MF to a piece of existing gear just like how gemming works. It's hard enough finding the gear to viably do act III, so adding MF as an additional requirement is just a slap in the face.

As was stated, if you're a casual gamer you will enjoy just making characters up to 60 and probably get 100+ hours out of it easily. If you're hardcore, the game blows until 60 and is just an extended tutorial where they hold back some of your best abilities/runes. Once you're there, the game is a lot of fun until you beat inferno (which is cheapened now that they nerfed it 30% across the board). I got 300 hours out of it as the latter, so you should decide if your money is worth either playstyle. Also, by comparison I played D2 for about a year before quitting.

Once you do quit though, more than likely you'll never go back.

Edited by Jodou, 15 July 2012 - 05:49 PM.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#3167 Strider21

Strider21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

It's an issue when a player can do harder content because they put in the time and got the better gear, but wind up being fucked over by the guy farming act one in blues with 300% MF. That's horrible design over an outdated stat that shouldn't be in the game. What needed to happen, since they're so intent on shoving MF in our face, is have a crafter that can affix MF to a piece of existing gear just like how gemming works. It's hard enough finding the gear to viably do act III, so adding MF as an additional requirement is just a slap in the face.

drop tables for ilvl 63 for act 1 is around 4.8% and its 16.3% for act 3, with act 2 at 9.3%

If im reading that correctly, mf increases the percentages, instead of giving you just more loot with the same drop tables. act 3 is more than 3x the drop rate for ilvl63. so a guy with 300% mf still gets less quality loot than you. and if you have NV stacks, you blow him out the water as he'd have to have 3x the stacks to match you. I think thats more than fair, and if you ever farmed with mf on act 1, you'd know its still a complete waste of time. So if you go into act 3 with any mf, its still much better than act 1.

as for adding mf via gems, i think it makes farming too easy, as it would just add to your already godly gear. there needs to be some compromise to losing an affix to fit mf in.

Thats why I always tell people to go into act 2 with 300 mf, as its much much better than act1, even with mf.

#3168 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

Thanks everyone for their responses.

Anyone happen to have a spare Guest Pass?

fs_overall.png

#3169 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:49 AM

Precisely why you need to quit. People starving isn't childish. Your sad ranting is.

Pro. :lol:

Not really. Just pathetic.
Fight for the Lost

#3170 Gannikus

Gannikus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:00 AM

I almost sold this to vendor :hot: I set it at 20k and now its about 5-6m bid :bouncy: I should pay more attention to my items lol
Spoiler

and found this earlier today, gotta compare other items and undercut them lol
Spoiler

Buying 2.5 Sata HDD and Amazon Gift Cards!
Posted Image

#3171 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

...Those screenshots.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#3172 triplehelix

triplehelix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

I almost sold this to vendor :hot: I set it at 20k and now its about 5-6m bid :bouncy: I should pay more attention to my items lol

Spoiler

Spoiler

first weapon is fucking nuts. i would have considered rmah, too bad the dps is low. second weapon is worth less than 500k in my experience. I'm not a master of the market though, so I wish you good luck in getting rich.

CGL: 2014
2013 - 2012 - 2011 - 2010 - 2009

#3173 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Don't listen to that other guy, 800 life-on-hit and a socket with decent DPS is a good offhand for a whirlwind barb.
Posted Image

#3174 Gannikus

Gannikus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:54 AM

Thanks, I seen to always find decent gear when I'm not trying and eating lol with the way things are going now, I'm thinking of selling most of my gear or gold so my Guild wars 2 is fully paid off. I'll give pvp a chance before I do it though
Buying 2.5 Sata HDD and Amazon Gift Cards!
Posted Image

#3175 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

Don't listen to that other guy, 800 life-on-hit and a socket with decent DPS is a good offhand for a whirlwind barb.

Yeah lol, easily fetch a couple mil if not more.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#3176 Supremacy

Supremacy

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

Can any wizards comment on how much this source is worth? http://imgur.com/u6ByQ

#3177 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

Can any wizards comment on how much this source is worth? http://imgur.com/u6ByQ

Dmg is nice, crit hit is nice. No int will prob hurt it , esp. for it being found in a search. And since you can't search on min/max dmg, prob hard to sell - at least on the AH.

#3178 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

They need to add that, let you search for min/max damage.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#3179 triplehelix

triplehelix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

missed the loh like a scrub. good catch, accept my apologies :)

CGL: 2014
2013 - 2012 - 2011 - 2010 - 2009

#3180 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

I'd throw my entire savings (1.5 mill) at it. It's probably worth a couple mill at least though, but yeah no Int does hurt. But it's got enough stats for me to like, at least.

Currently using a magic source, 50-301 dmg, 80 int, 8% crit chance.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton