Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

• Please log in to reply
4083 replies to this topic

#3421 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:57 AM

Is loot supposed to disappear? I TP'd to town and went afk for a bit, and when i went back all the blues i left there were gone.

After a while I think it does, yeah.
Posted Image

#3422 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:15 AM

edit: maybe some other time.

I'm on right now if anyone would like to play

Just found a unique axe. The new patch has brought me back into this game. Right now I'm just clearing out the Act 2 crypts if anyone feels like playing.

Edited by Mad D, 23 August 2012 - 06:08 AM.

#3423 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:22 AM

I need to find something worthwhile soon. Up to paragon lvl 3 at least...

#3424 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:49 AM

I need to find something worthwhile soon. Up to paragon lvl 3 at least...

Man, you're getting sucked back in, don't do it! It's one thing to waste time playing a game, but if you're getting nothing out of it that's when you're really wasting your time.

I saw the light with this game, never again.

#3425 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:52 AM

Well, the chest piece IRHari found sold for $120, so the temptation was getting at me =] I'll give it a little more time. Apparently I can clear ponies now with my MF gear when before i couldn't even kill one elite with my main dmg gear, so will be going there after each act 1 run now.

#3426 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:11 AM

Well, the chest piece IRHari found sold for $120, so the temptation was getting at me =] I'll give it a little more time. Apparently I can clear ponies now with my MF gear when before i couldn't even kill one elite with my main dmg gear, so will be going there after each act 1 run now.

Yeah TBH I should've sold it for $250, it was gone in seconds after putting it up.

I don't think I gave Pooky false hope either. I was playing 1.0.4 for 1 hour for the first time 2 days ago with some friends, act 3 Inferno. No extra MF at all, just a full NV stack. And it dropped off a random elite mob.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#3427 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

the irony is, all my buddies including myself are finding uniques w/our geared and nothing w/our MF characters. I'm 48% under cap and still nothing, multiple runs in act 1 and act 2. Sadly my unqiues were low lvl 50 crap, and my friend's find was immortal king's chest and the grand vizer staff (the MF staff w/300+ int).

hopefully today...upgrade(s).

#3428 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

I was able to buy some good gear on the AH (and for a way better price than weeks ago) and now Hell seems like a cake walk. Beat Seigebreaker without breaking a sweat.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#3429 Nekopanchi2012

Nekopanchi2012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:49 AM

Why are lvl 51 items dropping in Act 3 of Inferno? From Elite mobs while i have 283% MF?

This happened multiple times. Low lvl 50 items on Act 3 inferno. Most of them during the last end of Act 3.

#3430 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

Why are lvl 51 items dropping in Act 3 of Inferno? From Elite mobs while i have 283% MF?

This happened multiple times. Low lvl 50 items on Act 3 inferno. Most of them during the last end of Act 3.

I asked the same question months ago, and then I quit. :lol:

#3431 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:32 AM

Why doesn't Andariel drop BK rings all the time? Fucking Nagels...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3432 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:06 AM

I asked the same question months ago, and then I quit. :lol:

Yup. The stupid low level requirements on drops in Act 3 Inferno made me rage. I've been tempted to start playing again since the patch, but I couldn't even if I wanted to since I don't have my authenticator anymore and I don't feel like jumping through 5000 hoops to get my account back.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#3433 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:44 AM

Not saying much, but I picked up my Barb at level 14 and he's 31 and I have Diablo left on normal. Haven't thought about using a health potion at all and this is ridiculously easy now that they have toned down the mobs. Guess I'll have to see how that has affected the higher difficulties.

#3434 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:48 PM

I spent 700K gold on a slightly better Xbow last night. Well the dmg is a little higher, and the dex is like 2pts higher, but the crit hit damage is like over 90% and my old one was like 60. Also the attack speed is double my old one. I couldnt beat the Butcher before, he would always get a hit in before I could whittle him down and he can 1-shot me. But this bow got me thru it. Now I can start trying to farm act II :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3435 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

I've spent well over a hundred hours with this game and I don't get the constant hate. Obviously, it isn't perfect. Having to hit the auction house to make progress isn't fun but I think Blizzard has been working pretty hard to make the game better. It seems to me that some people just want a legendary every time they log on.

#3436 glemtvapen

glemtvapen

The Forgotten

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

Hours of playing after the patch and still nothing that I can use or sell.
I pretty much resigned that I will be stuck with my average gear.

Feels like I'm playing the lottery.

Edited by glemtvapen, 25 August 2012 - 03:59 PM.

#3437 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

I've spent well over a hundred hours with this game and I don't get the constant hate. Obviously, it isn't perfect. Having to hit the auction house to make progress isn't fun but I think Blizzard has been working pretty hard to make the game better. It seems to me that some people just want a legendary every time they log on.

I think it's not that people expect a legendary every time they log on, it's that they never get anything useful for themselves. I've also put in over 100 hours, and I am not wearing a single piece of gear that I found. Theres a problem with that. Some people find good gear fairly often, other never find anything. Diablo was always about that feeling that the next monster you kill is going to drop something great, but if you've found something great 0% of the time then it's no fun.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3438 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:42 PM

It's just frustrating that I got the Grandfather sword drop before the legendary changes, and now it's one of the best 2H weapons in the game, but the legendary I get after 1.0.4 is a level 57 monk fist.

I seriously haven't gotten a good drop since the patch, while my friend gets all the upgrades, and gets a set item he sells for $100.

So yeah, I feel like the game fucks me over every chance it gets.
Posted Image

#3439 Nekopanchi2012

Nekopanchi2012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:58 AM

At this point if i ever do decide to play the game again i'm just going to farm act 1. There's no point in doing later acts. lvl 50 items drop just as much in act 3 as act 1.

#3440 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:11 AM

I found a legendary today - got excited. Then identify it and its worth 150k, boo.

#3441 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

I found a legendary today - got excited. Then identify it and its worth 150k, boo.

THen he let me use it, cause he's an awesome guy ;)

At this point if i ever do decide to play the game again i'm just going to farm act 1. There's no point in doing later acts. lvl 50 items drop just as much in act 3 as act 1.

But upper level items drop more frequently, like ilvl 61, 62, 63.

Last night Pooky, myself, and one of my friends shredded through act 2 inferno. Didn't find too many good things but we find one or two upgrades which made it worthwhile. Plus the gold we made wasn't bad either.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#3442 Nekopanchi2012

Nekopanchi2012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

you would think the upper lvl items drop more, but i haven't found it to be the case. a crap lvl 62 weapon is the same in every act. Only difference is how many times you are dying, and how hard you are trying to kill the mobs.

I personally find farming act 1 with 300% MF on at all times more enjoyable (and rewarding) than trying to play act 3, and switch my gear every time i'm about to kill an Elite mob.

#3443 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:27 AM

Getting a lot more rares now, none have been worth a damn, but I'm getting more at least! :(
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#3444 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:48 AM

I was selling stuff about every 36 hours on RMAH until the update. Now I haven't sold crap. :( I even tried some of the new stuff I got. Oh well at least I made my money back from the game.

#3445 Rhett

Rhett

Global Defense Initiative

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

So I have a 50-60k DPS throwing (ranged) barb, if anyone wants to try teaming up in inferno...

I haven't beaten A2 yet (have to kill Kulle, but haven't tried yet) but it shouldn't be that difficult. Don't think I'm geared enough for A3 without a group. I think I have around 150% MF if it matters.
Steam: Rhett816

#3446 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

Don't think MF matters anymore, not shared as of last update IIRC.
You might be geared up enough now - i couldn't take on ponies before update and now its not much of a problem.

#3447 JakeNome

JakeNome

Shady Panda Peddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

So I have a 50-60k DPS throwing (ranged) barb, if anyone wants to try teaming up in inferno...

I haven't beaten A2 yet (have to kill Kulle, but haven't tried yet) but it shouldn't be that difficult. Don't think I'm geared enough for A3 without a group. I think I have around 150% MF if it matters.

if you run wotb and earthquake with Ignore Pain (lifesteal rune), you should be able to kill kulle in less than 10 seconds. I was able to do that when i had only 25k dps
WTS Steam Games Check my list!

Posted Image

#3448 Rhett

Rhett

Global Defense Initiative

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

if you run wotb and earthquake with Ignore Pain (lifesteal rune), you should be able to kill kulle in less than 10 seconds. I was able to do that when i had only 25k dps

I'll try that if I have trouble. I don't expect to have trouble as it is (since I'm ranged, and I can heal myself very easily at range), but I'll keep it in mind.

Don't think MF matters anymore, not shared as of last update IIRC.
You might be geared up enough now - i couldn't take on ponies before update and now its not much of a problem.

Yeah I dunno. I can still die pretty easily if I'm careless for longer than a second (as it should be), but I can also kite well... Still messing with skills (surprisingly flexible build). I was so happy when I hit 5 stacks and killed Maghda without any real issues. With my tank set, I couldn't even do that.
Steam: Rhett816

#3449 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

Finally made it to inferno. :)

#3450 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:44 AM

Don't think any of my friends are coming back to this game. I added Rhett and Clak so I won't be so lonely :lol: