Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

• Please log in to reply
4085 replies to this topic

#3451 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:26 AM

Actually spent money on the RMAH today....couldn't help it since I was searching for prices on current weapon and this seemed really cheap. Cost $10. Gave me a nice 6K dmg bump.

Posted Image

#3452 Nekopanchi2012

Nekopanchi2012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

It has no Crit damage, and no socket. 0.0. it's a lot better than 99% of one hander drops though. I should sell stuff on the RMAH. lol

#3453 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

yeah but look at dat INT...and it has LS, so blizz/hydra it works very well.

can anyone give me a pc on a MF amulet?

from what I can remember it has:

105 Vit
39% MF
7% IAS
some Life Regen (i'll check at lunch)
some poison resist (around 40ish)
some resist all (around 20ish)
(there might even be a bit of GF on this one too i forget)

I've seen similar in the AH for redonkulous prices but there's no way someone's going to drop 100-200 million on this.

thanks in advance.

#3454 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:35 AM

Good runs, Rhett. Our characters made an entertaining odd couple.

Edited by Mad D, 29 August 2012 - 01:52 AM.

#3455 Rhett

Rhett

Global Defense Initiative

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:24 AM

Good runs, Rhett. Our characters made an entertaining odd couple.

No wonder I didn't recognize your CAG name from the invite message. Lurker, indeed...

Yeah, looking forward to teaming up again soon.
Steam: Rhett816

#3456 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:35 AM

Actually had to use some strategy in Act 4 on Nightmare instead of a straight hack & slash with the Barb. What's a decent Barb build (lv 50) for Hell going 1H weapon?

#3457 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:04 AM

Actually had to use some strategy in Act 4 on Nightmare instead of a straight hack & slash with the Barb. What's a decent Barb build (lv 50) for Hell going 1H weapon?

I'd recommend something like this. http://us.battle.net...Xigk!beV!aaabaa

Be sure to change the rune for Revenge to Provocation when you hit 52. Ignore Pain can go either Iron Hide or Ignorance is Bliss, that's personal preference. And when you hit 56, take out Ignore Pain or Threatening Shout and get Furious Charge with Dreadnought for an extra great heal. Stack armor for now, you can't get decent resistances until you start getting Inferno gear, so no point in using the War Cry rune Impunity over Hardened Wrath until you get 300-400 resist all.
Posted Image

#3458 DemonKysho

DemonKysho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:49 AM

Yeah i was breezing through, till i started to get pounded on my 45 monk.

Victory is not about winning battles, its about how long it takes for the person beating you to give up.

Let me induce some Audio/Visual Hallucinations.
Oh look those thought bubbles are back, hello yellow box word friends.
ach.png

#3459 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

I'm filling another bar but that's about all that's changed for me post patch. Act 1-3 full clears haven't yielded a single upgrade or AH worthy drop. :(

#3460 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

I'm filling another bar but that's about all that's changed for me post patch. Act 1-3 full clears haven't yielded a single upgrade or AH worthy drop. :(

ditto. Disappointing. Taking a break now from playing for a bit to play Darksiders 2 :)

#3461 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:31 AM

Has anyone been able to sell gold on the real money AH?
Posted Image

#3462 Jam424

Jam424

Mad is a MW Hacker!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

I'm stuck on Diablo on Inferno on my wizard. I should probably drop some of my MF in lieu of more damage, but I find so many rares (junk) and I'm still hopeful that I'll find something good.

#3463 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:50 AM

Nothing like getting stuck in the Cathedral and not being able to move even after teleporting back to town. Fuck me. How the heck does that happen in a game these days?

Bitter party of 1 here.

Edited by jmbreci, 04 September 2012 - 03:05 AM.

#3464 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

the AH is funny, everything that's selling quickly is basically high Dex, high MF, and one of the trifectas.

found a Grin Reaper, mirror image for the WD...pretty cool, low stat rolls but for act 2 it's fine.

was really excite when I got a skull grasp, however it's rather watered down from the legacy version. only good thing perhaps is I lucked out w/int and spirit barrage affix attached to it. some of the rings I've seen are str and arcane orb, or int and cyclone.

#3465 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

They nerfed skull grasp? Lol, as if the original wasn't overpriced as it was. It was on my list of things to pick up back then but the price skyrocketed once people figured out damage stacking was the way to win.

#3466 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

yeah it no longer comes w/crit chance and elite damage, though I suppose it could roll w/one. skullgrasp is a lot more niche build now...if you luck out you'll get the ability + the corresponding stat that goes w/it.

it's now a IAS, loh, some armor, stat ring w/a random bonus ability modifier + 1 random. even low end trifecta rings are more popular.

unity seems to be the new old new skull grasp.

#3467 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

Thought I had to run CM/WW to do A2 Inferno with a friend. Turns out I just had to have him run his Monk as a tank and I just disintegrated everything going glass cannon.

A3 isn't possible atm unless I go CM/WW.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#3468 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:49 PM

Has anyone been able to sell gold on the real money AH?

Last week I sold a 150 strength socketed magic find helm for twenty after the bnet tax. Also a one hundred something intelligence, 30 critical damage and max attack speed gloves for ten.

IRhari, I will check back in a little to see if you are online. If not we can always do a run next time.

Edit:

That was a good run Ihari. That amulet, the six stat chest armor plans and a few other things were nice finds. You must be my good luck token :lol:

Edited by Mad D, 05 September 2012 - 03:39 AM.

#3469 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:57 AM

http://us.battle.net...hanges-9_5_2012

I'm not sure how, in practice, this would change certain builds. How would it change CM/WW for example? Or the WW Barb?
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#3470 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:03 AM

I didn't read the whole thing, because they're likely just spitting gibberish about numbers but CC for a barb was pointless when the skills for mitigation were already so powerful. Blizzard has taught us that uptime is important when considering min/maxing and the because of how NV works, we needed to choose a be-all spec. The only time I brought out stomp was when grouped with friends, to try and be useful when mobs were constantly pulled off me. I really don't see this as useful for barbs, but more of a diversity change.

#3471 Dwarfman

Dwarfman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

If anyone wants or needs a Monk in a group for inferno farming or just wants someone to play with from time to time hit me up in a PM.

I can solo Diablo Inferno and have pretty decent gear/DPS for a monk.

EDIT: My Battlenet ID for Diablo is Dwarfman#1396 If you add me throw CAG in a message.

Edited by Dwarfman, 07 September 2012 - 04:19 PM.
Additional Information

#3472 JakeNome

JakeNome

Shady Panda Peddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

i dont even play anymore, but it sounds like a useful change. when i played, i played barb and I would normallly run an earthquake, wotb build with lifesteal rune-ignore pain. I can see ground stomp (with the wrenching rune) replacing ignore pain after this change. Its good since I will only need to use one stomp per fight so I wouldnt have to worry about diminishing returns. All I would need is for enemies to sit in my earthquake. I wouldnt need Ignore Pain since no one can damage me if theyre stunned. Unless of course ur sitting in molten or arcanes, but I always make sure to steer clear of those before I explode my combo.
WTS Steam Games Check my list!

Posted Image

#3473 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

If anyone wants or needs a Monk in a group for inferno farming or just wants someone to play with from time to time hit me up in a PM.

Nice playing with you Dwarf, I'll add you next time I'm on.

--and I got real excited when that legendary ring dropped. It was an Eternal Union ring.

EDIT: You all probably figured that my system crashed. I decided to take a break anyways. At least I found that Immortal Kings belt tonight. Also found a Lidless Wall that has a force shield action when activated, that made 3 Legendaries tonight.

Edited by Mad D, 08 September 2012 - 06:12 AM.

trying to start or finish

Spoiler

#3474 Nekopanchi2012

Nekopanchi2012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

Is it just me or does no one on the US server have any gold to buy anything? I think the gold drop rate should be greatly, greatly increased. The only users with gold are those that rip players off by crafting items, and those users already have amazing gear. Everyone else has to actually get an amazing weapon/piece to drop. Which we all know....

#3475 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:22 AM

Is it just me or does no one on the US server have any gold to buy anything? I think the gold drop rate should be greatly, greatly increased. The only users with gold are those that rip players off by crafting items, and those users already have amazing gear. Everyone else has to actually get an amazing weapon/piece to drop. Which we all know....

How about a little context here? What level character are you playing? What difficulty? I fail to see how crafting items and selling them rips anyone off - it is a free market. Beyond that, I can almost guarantee that anything really valuable, gems aside, is found and not crafted.

Since 1.04 I have had more useful stuff drop, and played far less, than what I ever had playing pre-1.04.

#3476 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:15 AM

I've had junk drop since 1.04, up to paragon lvl 10.

I had some success on AH tonight. Spent all my monies (6 mil), but got up to 99.2K DPS, added 100 RA, some extra life and back up to 23% mvmt speed on my wiz.

#3477 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

I've had junk drop since 1.04, up to paragon lvl 10.

I had some success on AH tonight. Spent all my monies (6 mil), but got up to 99.2K DPS, added 100 RA, some extra life and back up to 23% mvmt speed on my wiz.

i got some double socketed hammer jammers for my Wiz, I gotta tell ya...I feel like I'm perma snared w/anyone else. 23% mvmt is so nice. Now I just need to get my dps higher.

lucked out w/a 1082.5 dps Skysplitter w/dex & 18% proc chancce. loving the smite proc. Glad I never splurged to buy one for my monk.

#3478 WindyCityGamer

WindyCityGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

I'm pretty much done with D3, I think.

Nothing about the game really interests me. I wanted to level up all the classes, but I'm just not feeling "it".

#3479 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

I'm pretty much done with D3, I think.

Nothing about the game really interests me. I wanted to level up all the classes, but I'm just not feeling "it".

I'm the same way. I can't seem to get into D3. D2 was like crack.

#3480 WindyCityGamer

WindyCityGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

It's odd too, I've really been trying to figure out what D3 is missing.

Nothing really springs to mind, however. Just seems to be missing some undefinable "it".