Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

• Please log in to reply
4262 replies to this topic

#3511 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

Ok, I have a question since my stash/character are running out of space. I have 35-40 gold value magic weapons. Is it better to have my blacksmith break them down for materials or sell them to a vendor. I already spent 20,000 increasing my stash just from selling junk (non magic) items.

I haven't upgraded him as I have read that it is a waste of gold, but TBH I have no idea what to do.

#3512 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

if you aren't going to use the mats, its probably better to just vendor them(assuming worthless on AH).

Not sure what going rate is for the inferno essences now, but i think for most items you will get more vendoring. Maybe for some blues you might come up slightly ahead, but not worth the headache.

#3513 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

if you aren't going to use the mats, its probably better to just vendor them(assuming worthless on AH).

Not sure what going rate is for the inferno essences now, but i think for most items you will get more vendoring. Maybe for some blues you might come up slightly ahead, but not worth the headache.

I am only level 7 or something in the first playthrough, so each item is only worth 35 gold. I just didn't know if in the long run it is better to break down each 1 and get 1 blue? essence or just sell them. Is there any use for blue magic essence later in the game or in the auction house?

#3514 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

At this point they are worthless. Just sell them to the vendor unless you want to craft stuff which could turn out to be not worthless for the current level of the character.

--
The next patch is balancing a lot of the defensive skills. Most likely to balance them out before the PVP update. They said that is probably a few more patches away after that (1.10 I think).

#3515 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

I am only level 7 or something in the first playthrough, so each item is only worth 35 gold. I just didn't know if in the long run it is better to break down each 1 and get 1 blue? essence or just sell them. Is there any use for blue magic essence later in the game or in the auction house?

No only essences from lvl 61+ weapons are any good for later in the game then - just sell them(weapons) for now really.

#3516 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

after a dryspell, i dug up some Fire walkers w/my no MF character. (irony) Another one of the legendaries I've been meaning to buy but ended up finding a better than what I would have paid for set. \o/

I gotta tell ya, these boots are just pure entertainment + the actual trail blazing aura isn't too shabby. while some AR would have been nice or some life regen or more vit, the double rolled dex is great and I think the indestructable stat will pay off in the long run...while my monk can roll through act 3, I do die a few times along the way. Might be worth it now to consider stacking fire resistance.

Wake of fire, angelic wings, now I need the wailing ring set for some skeletons and i'll be superset.

#3517 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

patch notes
http://us.battle.net...ic/6572970237#1

lookin good, lookin good.
(and even better, I found nat's ring w/crit on it last night. woo hoo)

#3518 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:05 PM

patch notes
http://us.battle.net...ic/6572970237#1

lookin good, lookin good.
(and even better, I found nat's ring w/crit on it last night. woo hoo)

Here are my highlights:

-When players open a Resplendent Chest, they will receive a reward based on how many Nephalem Valor stacks they have active at the time

-Major in-game events in Inferno difficulty that involve a special chest or Unique monster (ex: ) will now also drop additional loot for every stack of Nephalem Valor a player has active at the time of the event’s completion

-Players can now search for +Damage on off-hand items (FINALLY)

-The cast time for identifying Rare items has been reduced to 1 second

-The location of Legendary items will now be marked by a column of light as well as a ping on the mini-map the first time they drop, and a new sound has been added (now they just need to drop in the first place)

-Class-specific items will now drop more often

Not sure how them nerfing armor bonus in half for Energy Armor will play out for me though - my Vit is pretty low as it is.

#3519 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

i was pretty pleased to read that too, re: getting stacks w/events, resplendant chests, etc. all the other buffs out weigh the nerfs imo, as i don't use double tornado, and anyone who did to hit high paragon levels basically got a free pass for a while...same goes w/ToC. I like that the new one can stack.

They also mark legendaries on the map which is great and greater for puzzle ring farmers and anyone who can just walk and kill things in their wake w/little effort.

I'm most curious to see how multiple sentries will play and having a demon hunter pet.

...the quest for dat piece ring will no doubt be t hot topic. there goes the market again.

#3520 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

-When players open a Resplendent Chest, they will receive a reward based on how many Nephalem Valor stacks they have active at the time

-Major in-game events in Inferno difficulty that involve a special chest or Unique monster (ex: ) will now also drop additional loot for every stack of Nephalem Valor a player has active at the time of the event’s completion

They keep digging deeper into the NV buff; that's sad. GL with this game friends.

#3521 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

...the quest for dat piece ring will no doubt be t hot topic. there goes the market again.

Curious if you can only find it once/bound to account like Staff of Herding, etc.

#3522 Cfw_Master

Cfw_Master

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

Never actually bought D3. I tried out the beta and it didn't appeal too much to me. Is it worth buying at this point for the new updates that are coming out or no?

#3523 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

Curious if you can only find it once/bound to account like Staff of Herding, etc.

i honestly hope for the market's sake the piece ring reward from the inferno machine is account bound. at least though it's built so if there is an algorythm tied to items in the AH to drops, it shouldn't suffer so.

I wonder how many pieces you need to make one.

I also see a lot of ppl going back to act 1 and 2 w/player X+ instead of just doing act 3 vanilla.

#3524 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

Never actually bought D3. I tried out the beta and it didn't appeal too much to me. Is it worth buying at this point for the new updates that are coming out or no?

the game was good at launch, the game is good now.

if you happened to be playing when the first patch hit making repairs astronomical and no loot dropping from breakables in act 1 and IV you might have raged and cursed out blizzard. it's been slowly patching for the better after that. So you may not appreciate what's been changed if you didn't suffer through the early patches.

the continued updates are just adding/fixing the game. while not everyone likes the process or the speed at which...it is a continusly evolving game. Certainly worth the price imo, esp because it's always changing. If you don't want to shell out the $ buy Torchlight 2, it's $20 and according to the reviews addresses and even plays off on a lot of the problems d3 was/is sufferring.

#3525 Nekopanchi2012

Nekopanchi2012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

MF doesn't seem to work at all some days. I have 375 MF when elites die, and they still drop lvl 52 items. I'm done tll the patch.

#3526 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

Went to my local gamestop and noticed their new blizzard display shelf. Saw that they were selling diablo 3 prepaid cards (to load battle net accounts) to use for RMAH! might finally try buying something from RMAH.

#3527 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

if you didn't like it then it has not changed so radically that you'd like it now.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3528 Cfw_Master

Cfw_Master

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:58 PM

the game was good at launch, the game is good now.

if you happened to be playing when the first patch hit making repairs astronomical and no loot dropping from breakables in act 1 and IV you might have raged and cursed out blizzard. it's been slowly patching for the better after that. So you may not appreciate what's been changed if you didn't suffer through the early patches.

the continued updates are just adding/fixing the game. while not everyone likes the process or the speed at which...it is a continusly evolving game. Certainly worth the price imo, esp because it's always changing. If you don't want to shell out the $ buy Torchlight 2, it's $20 and according to the reviews addresses and even plays off on a lot of the problems d3 was/is sufferring.

I had preordered TL2 months ago and just started playing it actually. I think I might stick with this for now, and if D3 improves a lot I might join in

#3529 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

funny.

I finally got Andariel's Visage to drop, no socket...no dex, but hey, the fire dmg is below avg and the proc chance above avg.

Death Watch Mantle (w/34% proc)
http://us.battle.net...th-watch-mantle

Andariel's Visage (12% fire/32% proc)
http://us.battle.net...ndariels-visage

Fire Walkers (double rolled dex \o/)
http://us.battle.net...em/fire-walkers

Mantra of Evasion/Backlash

It's been surprisingly effective in act 3, it seems to work great w/you have skeletal archers in the back firing at you while you've engaged anything melee. I'd invest in more thorns but...there's nothing visually stimulating about that.

now I'm going to try and will a http://us.battle.net...ss-wedding-band for the life drain or http://us.battle.net...hollow-whispers for the haunt into dropping.

fun stuff.

#3530 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:18 AM

Found like my forth Hellrack this today while doing are usual Act 3 CAG run with Dwarfman.

Also found this:

http://desmond.image...jpg&res=landing

I think it might be on average side with some of the stats but it still sells for 130 million gold ($70) for lowest buyouts on lower stat items. Found the set belt a couple weeks back but it's been sold already. Nice way to start the week, Dwarf might be my new lucky charm. Sorry Hari :lol:

trying to start or finish

Spoiler

#3531 Dwarfman

Dwarfman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:21 AM

Found like my forth Hellrack this today while doing are usual Act 3 CAG run with Dwarfman.

Also found this:

http://desmond.image...jpg&res=landing

FYI.. to anyone in game.. I am a good luck charm :P

Grats again Mad D!

#3532 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

FYI.. to anyone in game.. I am a good luck charm :P

Grats again Mad D!

haha...i have a friend who never finds legendaries w/we play coop, but as soon as he leaves...one of us (my other friend or I) finds one or we both find one. best time was finding Nat's ring and my friend finding Nat's slayer w/socket.

The punish you for hitting me proc build was going great, then I found...
Vile Wards. Heck yeah!
http://us.battle.net.../item/vile-ward

w/high dex, arcane resistance which is what i've been stacking (monk) and 78 AR. sadly there is no life% or vit, but double dex roll and matching resist bonus is nothing im complaining about.

grats on IK.

#3533 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

Grats on that. Yeah Dwarf is everyones good luck charm, got me a Zunis chest when I was farming with him haha.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#3534 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:07 AM

Thought 1.05 was coming out today and saw my client update.....then saw no changes. Then I read about the PTR. Then I closed Diablo and did something else.

#3535 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

joy puke.
http://us.battle.net...as-vast-expanse

I think reading dwarf's post re:dwarf being a good luck charm helped. I found a decent rolled Inna's chest while taking out...the trash. I was shock (would have been perfect w/arcane resistance but i'll take poison).

I saw chest and grinned.
(of course whenever I see a nice chest I grin)

Mine has 3 sockets, the tooltip on the website says 1 + 1 random stat. Is this wrong? I thought all "the class" set chests rolled 3 sockets post patch.

then we played w/my good luck charm friend and after he left the fight before Cydea she dropped probably the worst Ivory Tower shield post patch I've ever seen...but we're 3 for 3 now w/this theory.

#3536 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

I don't remember which message board I read it on (possibly Diablo Inc since I don't read the official whine filled forums) but there was an in depth magic find thread that said that half of your legendaries found will be from normal trash mobs. It also said that with about 280 MF you should find a legendary at about 80 elite packs compared to none which would be at 200 elite packs. I'm jealous about the Inna's though XP.

#3537 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:57 AM

I think reading dwarf's post re:dwarf being a good luck charm helped. I found a decent rolled Inna's chest while taking out...the trash. I was shock (would have been perfect w/arcane resistance but i'll take poison).

The funny part about this is Dwarf just found one as well and it rolled with Arcane.

trying to start or finish

Spoiler

#3538 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

The funny part about this is Dwarf just found one as well and it rolled with Arcane.

O . o

oh snap.

is he interested in trading? treasure goblin? wha? treasure Dwarf.

(in other news, socketed Windforce w/1100 dps...happy daze)

#3539 Dwarfman

Dwarfman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

O . o

oh snap.

is he interested in trading? treasure goblin? wha? treasure Dwarf.

(in other news, socketed Windforce w/1100 dps...happy daze)

I suppose it depends on what it rolled. Since I double stack AR/Physical resist the Arcane does absolutely nothing for me.

Here is my profile so you can see the the stats on it.

http://us.battle.net...6/hero/15840083

Give me your profile for your character and I'm sure we can figure something out!

#3540 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

sweet.

pm'd.