- - - - -

Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

• Please log in to reply
4283 replies to this topic

#3541 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

http://us.battle.net...Notes-9_27_2012

Can someone take Blizzard's fucking nerf bat and break it? Please?
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#3542 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

i think the buffs outweigh the nerfs tbh...+ the addition of MPX and Infernal Boss Machine sound awesome.

Edited by 100xp, 28 September 2012 - 01:53 PM.
did the tl;dr version instead.

#3543 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

Sever
w/life steal! (and 1038.6 dps)

heck yeah! I want to see if the archon/cm build still works w/this. i.e. everything you kill in archon form is a crit which triggers CM.

#3544 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

Curious if you can only find it once/bound to account like Staff of Herding, etc.

confirming the "Hellfire" ring is account bound, as it cannot even be dropped...which is good.

here's a blurry pic of it from the PTR.
http://i48.tinypic.com/a28c46.png

apparently when you put it together you can choose the main stat, STR/INT/or DEX. then the rest are randomly rolled. But it does come w/the hellfire fireball proc which apparently nukes the screen for sever death proc like damage...and then there's the 35% exp bonus. Most bang for your buck? I'm going Dex or Int.

and here's how you get the pieces to put together the key ring.
http://us.battle.net...c/6712951823#16

#3545 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

http://us.battle.net...Notes-9_27_2012

Can someone take Blizzard's fucking nerf bat and break it? Please?

Oh now I see why you have a monk up of now instead of your wizard. I don't understand why they keep lowering those proc rates. What's so bad about class diversity and having tank wizards? For this prior patch they lowered and completely removed the rate for some skills on the demonhunter killing off one of it's easy assessable tank builds. Had to counter that with absurd amount of effective health, not sure if that style will benefit wizards though since they lack the high dodge rate.

Edited by Mad D, 07 October 2012 - 09:13 PM.

#3546 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:06 AM

I mean, to be fair, it was kind of ridiculous. I didn't spend that much gear making the stormchaser/critical mass build and I was sitting in desecrator + molten + arcane without losing life and tanking it like a boss.

It was a bit overpowered lol.

But they nerfed so badly that you need 50+% crit chance to make the build viable again. And if you have that much crit chance you probably gave up a ton of good stats in order to get it to 50%.

Ah well. Still love the wizard, but my monk is really good atm.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#3547 Sephiroth1089

Sephiroth1089

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:48 AM

Hmm I never thought there was a Diablo group here. Jeeze I've been missing out. Do I just add my battle tag to the first post?

#3548 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

Add it in your next post. We'll all add you and that's it ;)

#3549 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:27 PM

I didn't know CAG had a group also. I will have to beat inferno and join.
Posted Image

#3550 Sephiroth1089

Sephiroth1089

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

Add it in your next post. We'll all add you and that's it ;)

Oh sorry I misread your post and added it to the main post. Well my battle Tag is Sephiroth#1837. I play a barbarian that doesn't use a double whirlwind build (i'm probably the only barbarian that doesn't lol). I'm usually on throughout the day. Let me know if I need to remove my name from the first post.

Edit:
Just did a session with some of the guys here and got an amazing Inna's Radiance.
Spoiler

Edited by Sephiroth1089, 02 October 2012 - 02:23 AM.

#3551 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

Oh sorry I misread your post and added it to the main post. Well my battle Tag is Sephiroth#1837. I play a barbarian that doesn't use a double whirlwind build (i'm probably the only barbarian that doesn't lol). I'm usually on throughout the day. Let me know if I need to remove my name from the first post.

Edit:
Just did a session with some of the guys here and got an amazing Inna's Radiance.

Spoiler

Yep that's the CAG effect. Farm with each other and good things happen.

SO even though I didn't get anything good that run, right after the run I was trolling the AH. Grabbed this for 6.6 mill:

Spoiler

#3552 Strider21

Strider21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

can anyone tell me.
what the hell can you do with a battlenet balance. I thought i could just buy some WoW timecards and sell them, but it wont even let me.

#3553 Sephiroth1089

Sephiroth1089

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

can anyone tell me.
what the hell can you do with a battlenet balance. I thought i could just buy some WoW timecards and sell them, but it wont even let me.

I think you use it to pay for expansions for your account or items off the diablo auction house. I don't think they have it set up so you can buy prepaid time on wow yet.

#3554 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

Was running with Mr. Good Luck Charm this morning, found an arcane version of this, sold it for 38 mill, then bought this for 42 mill:

Spoiler

#3555 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

Was running with Mr. Good Luck Charm this morning[/IMG][/SPOILER]

Ah nice I didn't know about that one. Two for two in games played with Dwarf this week. That pretty good Calamity with high Mark of Death and the Andy's helm with low fire damage percentage.

Think my character is at a plateau in regards of what I can reasonably upgrade without getting rid of too much armor, health and resist. At least until the new patch comes out. Also, no more gold.

Edited by Mad D, 07 October 2012 - 09:50 PM.

trying to start or finish

Spoiler

#3556 NicaVic

NicaVic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

Just started Diablo 3 thanks to TRU clearance and a CAG trade, my battlenet tag is NicaVic#1522. Still very very noobish in the ways of the diabolo.

#3557 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:56 AM

Just started Diablo 3 thanks to TRU clearance and a CAG trade, my battlenet tag is NicaVic#1522. Still very very noobish in the ways of the diabolo.

Same here, lovin' the game so far tho. added

Kage#1767

Edited by MC Kage, 09 October 2012 - 04:31 AM.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#3558 glemtvapen

glemtvapen

The Forgotten

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

I need clarification since I read a lot of differing views on magic find. Does it affect legendary drop rates? I've been farming with a 200+ MF w/ NV everyday for the past 2 weeks and I never got a drop on that particular character. This is shenanigans.

Anyway, I keep on forgetting to add my tag here. It's glemtvapen#1954
I play a monk that can survive A3 but is seriously lacking on the DPS department so I mostly farm A2.

Edited by glemtvapen, 12 October 2012 - 02:40 AM.

#3559 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:07 AM

I need clarification since I read a lot of differing views on magic find. Does it affect legendary drop rates? I've been farming with a 200+ MF w/ NV everyday for the past 2 weeks and I never got a drop on that particular character. This is shenanigans.

Anyway, I keep on forgetting to add my tag here. It's glemtvapen#1954
I play a monk that can survive A3 but is seriously lacking on the DPS department so I mostly farm A2.

This thread is pretty in depth, so much that it's basically a text book:
http://www.diablofan...stical-insight/

From what I gathered if a monster has 0.5% chance to drop a rare and 0.05% chance to drop a legendary, 100% mf will give you 1% chance for rare and 0.1% chance for legendary instead.

I no longer use MF, that choice is upon you. Every now and then in games when running with CAGs we will all find a legendary/set item. Sometimes someone (me) will find two (hopefully).

#3560 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:34 AM

Saw a legendary dagger drop, thought happy thoughts, and it was just a damn hamburger. Damn it all.

#3561 Dwarfman

Dwarfman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:09 AM

Just to throw in my 2 cents with MF... last night I ran with MF and I haven't been for a few weeks.. I had Manajuma's Carving Knife drop http://us.battle.net...s-carving-knife

Rolled pretty well.

-190 Int
-2.80% LS
-83% CHD
-44% Damage

DPS 918.4

Put it up for 150 million starting bid with a 350 Million buyout. Checked the AH this morning and it SOLD! I have 297,500,000 left over after the 15%. I nearly crapped my pants... good hunting everyone!

#3562 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

Nice, sure beats a hamburger.

#3563 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

Just to throw in my 2 cents with MF... last night I ran with MF and I haven't been for a few weeks.. I had Manajuma's Carving Knife drop http://us.battle.net...s-carving-knife

Rolled pretty well.

-190 Int
-2.80% LS
-83% CHD
-44% Damage

DPS 918.4

Put it up for 150 million starting bid with a 350 Million buyout. Checked the AH this morning and it SOLD! I have 297,500,000 left over after the 15%. I nearly crapped my pants... good hunting everyone!

Congrats on the nice sale!!

Seeing how much some gold hardcore players can dispose of to buy items makes me realized im too poor in this game... i barely have 10M gold!

Im at Hell Act 2 right now for all 5 classes i have. (I like to balance my gaming! hehe!) Im thinking of just shelling out real cash to buy auction house balance card to buy gold to purchase better gear to reach Inferno and just hope i do well in getting better drops then.

#3564 Dwarfman

Dwarfman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

Congrats on the nice sale!!

Seeing how much some gold hardcore players can dispose of to buy items makes me realized im too poor in this game... i barely have 10M gold!

Im at Hell Act 2 right now for all 5 classes i have. (I like to balance my gaming! hehe!) Im thinking of just shelling out real cash to buy auction house balance card to buy gold to purchase better gear to reach Inferno and just hope i do well in getting better drops then.

With 10m you can get a really nice character going for Inferno farming. Even if you can't do A3 solo by yourself with 10m you can do A1/A2 easy. I'd say focus on 1 character and start leveling paragon. As you level up you'll slowly start finding better and better gear/drops and can progress into A3 Inferno.

If you are planning on buying stuff from the RMAH it should be gold. With gold so cheap lately you can get a great amount and use it on the GAH and get even more. Honestly I wouldn't put anything more han $10 in (20ish million depending on what gold goes for now/haven't checked). With 30 million you could really get a nice character and start farming A3.

Honestly with the paragon system set up the way it is there is no incentive to have multiple level 60's. I'm sure it is very nice for a change of pace but if you can level up 1 and have it farm the crap out of A3 inferno you'll find upgrades for your alts. Just a few thoughts.

#3565 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

Woah. You deserved it treasure dwarf. After all the items we've found while running with you while you politely congratulated us, it's nice that it came back to you :lol: I need some more Dwarfman luck, the other day I accidentally set those Blackthorne pants to two million instead of twenty buyout. I guess I shouldn't have listed them if I was in a hurry. It could have been worse though, like if I did that with an item like that dagger.

Edited by Mad D, 18 October 2012 - 08:32 PM.

#3566 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

Yeah that's awesoe bro grats. You're basically set for life.

No excuse not to complete your Innas set now :)

#3567 Sephiroth1089

Sephiroth1089

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

Rolled pretty well.

-190 Int
-2.80% LS
-83% CHD
-44% Damage

DPS 918.4

I didnt know people actually spent that much gold on a single item before. Congrats.

#3568 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

I didnt know people actually spent that much gold on a single item before. Congrats.

Yea, i don't think i would even take a second look at the stats if it wasn't a set item. Shows what i know ;)

#3569 glemtvapen

glemtvapen

The Forgotten

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

Rolled pretty well.

-190 Int
-2.80% LS
-83% CHD
-44% Damage

DPS 918.4

Lucky. Now if only I could find some thing that'll give me 50m at least, I could finally start building up my DPS. I'm still poor to buy those gears.
BTW, whats the other random properties?

#3570 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

Posted Image

Nobody wants this, its in AH and 0 bids....what the hell? Min bid is only 40 mill...