Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

• Please log in to reply
4312 replies to this topic

#991 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:10 AM

Not sure about co-op but the pvp will not be at launch. I never did pvp in 2 so I'm not sure how much i care about the pvp. I just keep getting this feeling that I will end up going back to Diablo 2.
Posted Image

#992 strikeratt

strikeratt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

We'll see who is laughing when I pick this up at Amazon in July ;)

Maybe so ... just remember though diablo 2 still costs like 30$ in stores how many years later? :D

I'm hyped, I mean the game may have taken forever but lets face it, what will be a great game is a great game.
Asus P5W DH Deluxe / Core 2 Duo e6550 with Big Typhoon Cooler / Sapphire 3870 2x (the 2 in one) / 2x 2GB OCZ Reaper Memory / Sound Blaster Xtreme Gamer / 20x Lite-ON DVD Burner with Lightscribe / 400GB WD with Windows XP Home / 500 GB WD Green Power with Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit / 700w OCZ PSU / Razer Diamondback Mouse / Zboard

Posted Image

#993 strikeratt

strikeratt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

Not sure about co-op but the pvp will not be at launch. I never did pvp in 2 so I'm not sure how much i care about the pvp. I just keep getting this feeling that I will end up going back to Diablo 2.

Co-op will be in it, it is in beta and works great. Though I will be honest I'm one the edge of what interface I like best. Diablo 2 had the server lists you could choose from, but you never really knew at what point in the game that they were at. While this one finds the specific quests you want to start at pretty quickly. hmmmm
Asus P5W DH Deluxe / Core 2 Duo e6550 with Big Typhoon Cooler / Sapphire 3870 2x (the 2 in one) / 2x 2GB OCZ Reaper Memory / Sound Blaster Xtreme Gamer / 20x Lite-ON DVD Burner with Lightscribe / 400GB WD with Windows XP Home / 500 GB WD Green Power with Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit / 700w OCZ PSU / Razer Diamondback Mouse / Zboard

Posted Image

#994 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

People with the WoW annual pass (and maybe those who do the pre-purchase directly from Blizzard) can actually download the client now. All it does is install about 7.6gb and it brings you a teasing screen where it has a giant "INSTALL" button... that you can't use yet :(

But still, it's about 7.6gb less I have to download on launch day.. lol

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#995 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

I think we should get a mod to turn the thread into a Wiki. That way we can update it as eswat hasn't been very active the past two years and this thread was made ins 2008. Then when the game releases we can add in names to friend each other if we want to without too much trouble.

EDIT: Either that or break off Diablo 3 into its own thread.

Edited by Draekon, 22 March 2012 - 07:32 PM.

#996 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:01 AM

I think we should get a mod to turn the thread into a Wiki. That way we can update it as eswat hasn't been very active the past two years and this thread was made ins 2008. Then when the game releases we can add in names to friend each other if we want to without too much trouble.

EDIT: Either that or break off Diablo 3 into its own thread.

I thought about that last week. The OP hasn't been around here in almost a year.

I need a new signature.

#997 strikeratt

strikeratt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

I'd love that this thread is Wiki'ed ... I'd be happy to post information in it constantly.

Posted Image

#998 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

Well, I sent a request for a wiki, but no response. Though this thread has been a bit dead lately.

Anyways, this just came out yesterday:

http://us.battle.net...s_Rise-4_5_2012

#999 Gannikus

Gannikus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

I'll be buying my official copy from amazon with my gift cards, but my laptop currently has no cd drive. Will I be able to download it still? and I bet I would have to wait till launch day to download it right?
Buying 2.5 Sata HDD and Amazon Gift Cards!
Posted Image

#1000 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

I'll be buying my official copy from amazon with my gift cards, but my laptop currently has no cd drive. Will I be able to download it still? and I bet I would have to wait till launch day to download it right?

If you're buying a physical copy you will need to wait until you can put the CD key into battle.net and download/install it from there. There's a chance you could find the full digital copy online already and install it once the physical copy arrives if it requires the key to install (which is may not since you have to tie it to your battle.net account). It's possible it's out already too as people who ordered on battle.net are already able to preload it.

#1001 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

Anyways, this just came out yesterday:

http://us.battle.net...s_Rise-4_5_2012

Neat. Guess I'll mess around with it later.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1002 strikeratt

strikeratt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

Hmmm ... Diablo 3 beta or Mists of Pandaria beta ... GD you blizz

Diablo 3 of course

Posted Image

#1003 strikeratt

strikeratt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:44 AM

Is there a way to contact a moderator about changing the OP to a wiki?

Posted Image

#1004 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

Is there a way to contact a moderator about changing the OP to a wiki?

PM a mod, post in the Site Assistance forum or report the post asking it to be wiki'd. The last one is the most drastic and should be cautioned against before the use of the first two.

#1005 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

It's wiki'd. Now what do we do? lol

I need a new signature.

#1006 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

It's wiki'd. Now what do we do? lol

Probably start from scratch. Not a fan of long scrolling posts, so all the videos can go (wish we could parse them from the embedding code). Just fill with relevant material really. I've no desire to update it personally, though.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1007 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

Pretty much. Remove all old information, update with relevant information. Spoiler tag any new videos and screenshots added outside of the logo/banner. Also create a section where we can add our names/numbers for friending for when the game launches. I may add stuff down the road, but I don't have the time to really update it thoroughly at the moment.

Also, next class banner is up: http://reveal.diablo...valor/#!/create

#1008 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

Anyone know where I could possibly score a beta key? I saw that @BlizzardCS is giving them away on Twitter, but they're only giving away eight total this week, which seems like a joke considering they have 140,000+ followers (its even more of a joke because they just gave out 550k WOW MoP beta keys). The key that went up today was gone within three seconds.

I've been subscribed to the beta crap on Battle.Net for ages, I've checked all the various forum giveaways, I've even resorted to looking on Ebay, but still cant get a damn key.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#1009 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

It's coming out in one month guy. Relax lol.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1010 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

It's coming out in one month guy. Relax lol.

Been trying to get into the beta forever though. Just because it comes out in a month doesn't mean I still wouldn't like to be able to try it out now. Thanks for your useful post though...guy.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#1011 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

I just found it extreme that you'd buy a key off eBay for something that goes live in a month. Besides, beta AFAIK is about two hours of content with just the first level or something.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1012 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

I just found it extreme that you'd buy a key off eBay for something that goes live in a month. Besides, beta AFAIK is about two hours of content with just the first level or something.

This is true. Been messing around with each of the classes and you roughly reach about level 5-7 before you read the end of the beta.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#1013 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

Not like I'd be out there throwing down crazy money to get a key, but I'd pay $10~ to get into the beta.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#1014 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

Not like I'd be out there throwing down crazy money to get a key, but I'd pay $10~ to get into the beta.

?

that's not cheap. where's that expensive ass gamer forum at because you're lost.

The beta is nothing... nothing... the few skills you unlock, and after 3 wipes I said Fuck it.

It was a taste... that's it. The demo ended with the fight of an old baddie... and it was done in less than 2 hours.

I'd easily give you my key if I could... but I think it's registered to blizzard account.

#1015 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

All blizzard invites are received directly on your account now instead of keys being given out. So finding a key is going to be pretty tough and when they do appear, they'll go for a hefty price.

Honestly you're better off not playing the beta based on how short it is. It just makes you want more unless you find some terrible fundamental flaw with it that you abhorrently detest.

#1016 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

Don't spend any amount of money on it. I know how excited you probably are, I was the same way. I finally got a beta key a couple weeks ago and honestly, I wish I didn't because it's making the wait so much worse. I'm thinking of Diablo 3 all the time now. It also sucks that I'm the only one out of my friends to get a key, so I can't play with them yet. The beta is just a taste, and it is awesome, but I'm going crazy now waiting.

#1017 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:01 AM

opposite for me. confirmed all my fears for the game. may pick it up down the road when some site is selling cd-keys for cheap. makes it easy on my wallet though with so many awesome games coming out.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1018 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

Got my Beta invite this morning, downloaded it while I was at my internship this morning, and had a chance to play it during my lunch break before class. Like others have said, I kind of wish I hadn't played it now because I've got Diablo on the brain. Its everything I hoped it would be.

#1019 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

opposite for me. confirmed all my fears for the game. may pick it up down the road when some site is selling cd-keys for cheap. makes it easy on my wallet though with so many awesome games coming out.

I'm in the same boat but I have it already paid for....

I enjoyed the demo but there is NOTHING new to the game. classes are the "same", nothing really different besides sprite changes and the auction house.

PVP got handicapped. Always on connection is meh since I don't have a laptop.

With Guild Wars 2 beta starting.... this thing ships the 15th... it won't get any time from me.

Blizzard needs to push for something new. Starcraft with a new skin and now Diablo with some new paint isn't new.

#1020 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

I'm in the same boat but I have it already paid for....

I enjoyed the demo but there is NOTHING new to the game. classes are the "same", nothing really different besides sprite changes and the auction house.

PVP got handicapped. Always on connection is meh since I don't have a laptop.

With Guild Wars 2 beta starting.... this thing ships the 15th... it won't get any time from me.

Blizzard needs to push for something new. Starcraft with a new skin and now Diablo with some new paint isn't new.

I disagree, if they radically changed SC2 or Diablo 3 then there'd be a global uprising of nerds. I love SC2 and Diablo 3, I wouldn't want them any different.