Photo
- - - - -

Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

• Please log in to reply
4325 replies to this topic

#1171 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:06 AM

I can understand the frustration, some changes like the pvp is a bit lame though I do understand not being able to pk ppl.

I for one am pissed there's no ladder

whaaaaaaat? no ladder? first i heard of that. god damn.

problem with no open pk means no ironman tourneys which is a big thing for me.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1172 strikeratt

strikeratt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:04 AM

Yep from what I keep hearing is no ladder, it was only in D2 to get rid of duped items. Or should I say make them worthless.

Never thought about the ironmans ... That does blow
Asus P5W DH Deluxe / Core 2 Duo e6550 with Big Typhoon Cooler / Sapphire 3870 2x (the 2 in one) / 2x 2GB OCZ Reaper Memory / Sound Blaster Xtreme Gamer / 20x Lite-ON DVD Burner with Lightscribe / 400GB WD with Windows XP Home / 500 GB WD Green Power with Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit / 700w OCZ PSU / Razer Diamondback Mouse / Zboard

Posted Image

#1173 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:31 AM

New interview with Jay Wilson discussing Inferno mode some more.

Eight days, six hours...

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#1174 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

Seven days, thirteen hours. Though for me it's more like eight days, three hours.

Anyways, they posted some prep stuff for people (This is mostly true if you bought it digitally):

http://us.battle.net...en/blog/5338015

For everybody else, just make sure you create your battletag before hand in case any issues crop up:

https://www.battle.n...tag-create.html

#1175 WRXKayaker

WRXKayaker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:29 AM

After playing the beta I am a little skeptical about some of the changes. I hope this isn't a watered down Diablo experience. But I put 1000s of hours into D1 and D2, and have been waiting for this game for the better part of the decade. Even my skepticism isn't going to prevent me from preordering. May 15th cant get here soon enough.

Currently Playing:   :pc: Batman: Arkham Origins     :ps3: Far Cry 3

Recently Completed:    :pc: Bioshock Infinite   :ps3: GTA V

Steam Profile

#1176 Zarkon

Zarkon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:47 AM

Does anyone know if Amazon is going to be shipping early at all (like they did with Star Wars)?

#1177 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:13 AM

Does anyone know if Amazon is going to be shipping early at all (like they did with Star Wars)?

I'd like to think so, but I doubt it. There isn't an early access period for people to worry about getting cut off from.
Posted Image

#1178 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:20 AM

It doesn't matter if they ship it early. Servers will not unlock until 3AM EST, so even if you were to get your copy early, you wouldn't be able to do anything with it.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#1179 Zarkon

Zarkon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:35 AM

The point is, if I have it on the 14th, I can have it installed on the 15th at Midnight PDT. OTherwise I have to wait on the mail on the 15th :)

#1180 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:40 AM

The point is, if I have it on the 14th, I can have it installed on the 15th at Midnight PDT. OTherwise I have to wait on the mail on the 15th :)

True. You can pre-download it now though, regardless of whether you actually ordered through BNet or not. Granted, you wouldn't be able to play until you receive your copy, but at least you'll still be ready to go right when you get your copy on the 15th (assuming Amazon doesn't ship early).

EDIT

I went ahead and edited the OP with all the pre-download links.

Edited by SEH, 08 May 2012 - 04:58 AM.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#1181 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

by the way, according to the walkthrough the dungeon layouts are randomized

so the dungeons you see in some of the gameplay videos that were posted in this thread might look different when you are playing it yourself
GameShampoo username: lokik
Playing:
Rift: lvl 14 Rogue (Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur)
WoW: lvl 57 Hunter (Beast Master)

#1182 Lokki

Lokki

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

by the way, according to the walkthrough the dungeon layouts are randomized

so the dungeons you see in some of the gameplay videos that were posted in this thread might look different when you are playing it yourself

That's how Diablo has always been.
Posted Image

#1183 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

Well traded in games at BB and bought a Kindle Card so I could get it off Amazon with some leftover credit and stuff. It's costing me like $10 :D with trade ins.

I am excited for the game.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1184 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:39 PM

Never played D2 but I like Torchlight. Should I buy D3?

#1185 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

Well Torchlight is made by ex Diablo devs. Diablo 3 and Torchlight are like Battlefield and CoD games. They are pretty much the same idea, just different in things so I would say you tube videos of the game, look up things and make a decision. I can't just say yes or no but if you like Torchlight, you probably will like D3.
Posted Image

#1186 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

certainly a no brainer, I think ;)

#1187 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:10 PM

Final site unlock:

#1188 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

must say thats pretty bad ass

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1189 Theenternal

Theenternal

CAG got me pregnant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:09 AM

Why do they have to have Imperious go all Anakin Skywalker... well at least he's not an annoying kid,
Posted Image
http://www.grapplemo...yevtakayama.gif

Removed IMG tags due to sig guideline violations.

#1190 Sinfulfate

Sinfulfate

The Podfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:43 AM

Anyone know of any deals for this game? Im picking up a copy for my friend and would like to get one for myself as well but don't want to drop $120. I did some searching and found it for $30 at ecrater but not sure how legit that site is.

#1191 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

50$ at microcenter

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1192 Sinfulfate

Sinfulfate

The Podfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:06 AM

50$ at microcenter

Is it in store only? I checked their site and it was $60.

#1193 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:51 AM

Is it in store only? I checked their site and it was $60.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=320728

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1194 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

After watching that video I want more. They should have done an animated movie and put it with the CE.
Posted Image

#1195 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

Just a quick reminder that anybody who missed creating banners in the past month has until Friday (I assume the end of Friday) to create any they missed:

http://reveal.diablo...lor/#!/overview

#1196 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

Just a quick reminder that anybody who missed creating banners in the past month has until Friday (I assume the end of Friday) to create any they missed:

http://reveal.diablo...lor/#!/overview

What is this for? Is it a contest or something? Do you get anything special for doing it?

EDIT: OK I see it is too much work for me. ;)

#1197 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

After watching that video I want more. They should have done an animated movie and put it with the CE.

Only if they had employed Madhouse or other anime studio. I instantly recognized the Aeon Flux style of the short and I'm not a fan of his work TBH. Too. . .Americanized, for lack of a better word.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1198 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

I agree or have sold it separately. I mean Blizzard has enough of a fanbase it can do about anything :lol:.

Only if they had employed Madhouse or other anime studio. I instantly recognized the Aeon Flux style of the short and I'm not a fan of his work TBH. Too. . .Americanized, for lack of a better word.

I agree in a sense. I would of loved the Japanese anime style better. Kinda like what they are doing with that Mass Effect Animated Movie.
Posted Image

#1199 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:05 PM

What are the concerns regarding Diablo 3 being online accessible only? I've heard some angry fans lately and haven't gotten a clear answer yet. Is it just because being disconnected will be annoying? Do we know the consequences of a DC yet?

#1200 Sinfulfate

Sinfulfate

The Podfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=320728

Turns out it is in store only and the nearest Microcenter is an hour away =/ Thanks anyways tho. I guess I'll just wait to buy a copy for myself.

524190.png