Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

• Please log in to reply
4083 replies to this topic

#1501 Tony208

Tony208

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:24 AM

What the hell... these connection issues are pathetic. This isn't WoW where your every action needs to play out in front of a hundred other people. What server client interaction is there in D3 other than a periodic progress save or auction house or something?
Digital distribution comes with strings.

#1502 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:25 AM

Got booted and then it said sorry server's too busy.

I really don't care now since I got a chance to try the game at least. Anyway I am loving this game quite a bit. The only thing I wish they had was that fucking pet from torchlight who would sell shit for you. There is way too much loot for singleplayer :lol:.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1503 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:44 AM

Awesome, was fighting the Spider Queen boss and the server went down, no warning or anything. At least in the Beta I got a "Server will be going offline in 5 minutes"
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1504 strikeratt

strikeratt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:45 AM

Lol you guys are funny ... yea it's annoying as hell, but it should more than be expected. Especially with the mass connections suddenly comming in.

Lvl 33 btw :D Just beat Skele King in Nightmare

As for the online thing, it's perfectly understandable why it went this route. Does it suck? Yes. Is it the way most games would probably have to go in order to stop most hack type issues. Sadly yes again.
Asus P5W DH Deluxe / Core 2 Duo e6550 with Big Typhoon Cooler / Sapphire 3870 2x (the 2 in one) / 2x 2GB OCZ Reaper Memory / Sound Blaster Xtreme Gamer / 20x Lite-ON DVD Burner with Lightscribe / 400GB WD with Windows XP Home / 500 GB WD Green Power with Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit / 700w OCZ PSU / Razer Diamondback Mouse / Zboard

Posted Image

#1505 Sinfulfate

Sinfulfate

The Podfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:49 AM

I ended up picking this game up for myself. Looking for more people to play with, Battle Net Id is Sinfulfate#1184.

524190.png

#1506 Rhett

Rhett

Global Defense Initiative

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:52 AM

Lol you guys are funny ... yea it's annoying as hell, but it should more than be expected. Especially with the mass connections suddenly comming in.

Lvl 33 btw :D Just beat Skele King in Nightmare

As for the online thing, it's perfectly understandable why it went this route. Does it suck? Yes. Is it the way most games would probably have to go in order to stop most hack type issues. Sadly yes again.

Yeah, the only justifiable part of the online connection requirement (and, for some reason, the impending lag even solo?!) is that there will likely be NO cheating, duping, hacking etc. Also, the AH, dealing with real money...

I got a Starter from someone on Reddit, and played through with a monk and a wizard... very interesting. I also bought D3, but haven't opened it. I'm still undecided. The game is great and is fun, but I don't know if I could give anything beyond Nightmare a serious a go (as I'm on a laptop, and never even beat Hell in D2). And since Inferno/Hell make up the majority of the end-game... I do love the WoW dungeon feel for the bosses, and what I saw.

And it seems like they ironed out the lag over the night, too. I went from 400ish latency, to 100ish. It was surprisingly playable by myself with high pings, but it definitely showed itself in multiplayer.

Edit: I'll probably need people to play with too. I have nobody. Rhett#1105
Steam: Rhett816

#1507 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:53 AM

got 12 hours in on launch day, that's okay by me.

UjCoyFa.png

#1508 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:53 AM

I expect it, sure. The annoying part is there is no warning, it's just oh were booting you right now. Doesn't matter what your doing. At least if they gave you a heads up it would not be so bad.
Posted Image

#1509 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:59 AM

For those like me wondering....no word yet, but you can check the status. I may be in bed before it goes back up. Damn it - I wanted to start a Witch Doctor. Oh well....

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/status

#1510 swift fix

swift fix

first person gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:06 AM

For those like me wondering....no word yet, but you can check the status. I may be in bed before it goes back up. Damn it - I wanted to start a Witch Doctor. Oh well....

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/status

Thanks for the handy link.

I was able to wrap up the first act right before the servers went down. My Barbarian is whooping some ass, stunning mobs of enemies and cleaving them up. I've rune'd my cleave attack with a skill that makes enemies explode upon death, so it is almost as though my Barbarian is playing with corpse explosion from D2... soooo satisfying.

Also, I know story is not what comes to mind when people think of Diablo, but I'm finding D3's story to be very satisfying. Already in Act 1 there have been some pretty fun twists, nice callbacks to the original game, and amazing cut scenes. I'm really digging it.

#1511 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:07 AM

My friends and I finished our normal run earlier this afternoon. Through the entire thing we only got two legendary items (I got a chest-piece and my friend got a Monk helm). Started playing on Nightmare and its way more fun. Definitely challenging at times compared to normal which was pretty much a breeze. Cant wait for the servers to come back to so I can play all night again.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#1512 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:09 AM

Game is phenomenal, by the way. If anyone was wondering.

UjCoyFa.png

#1513 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:14 AM

anyone know how to get 30 or more fps? wat settings are good to use? thanx
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1514 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:14 AM

This. Despite the login issues and the fact that it's frustrating there is no offline singleplayer, the game is fantastic. I haven't been this overjoyed while playing a game in ages. Once they get out a few patches to address some of these issues it'll be smooth sailing.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#1515 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:22 AM

how are you ladies enjoying the offline playing while the servers are down???

#1516 swift fix

swift fix

first person gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:24 AM

Why the hate?

#1517 ExplodingRat

ExplodingRat

KaaaaBLAM.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:25 AM

He's just mad no one is playing LoL.
Posted Image

#1518 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:27 AM

I'm enjoying it just fine. I get to watch and laugh at the people nerd raging about not being able to play a game

#1519 strikeratt

strikeratt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:31 AM

^ hemadbro

Yea I agree with the others game is phenomenal.
Asus P5W DH Deluxe / Core 2 Duo e6550 with Big Typhoon Cooler / Sapphire 3870 2x (the 2 in one) / 2x 2GB OCZ Reaper Memory / Sound Blaster Xtreme Gamer / 20x Lite-ON DVD Burner with Lightscribe / 400GB WD with Windows XP Home / 500 GB WD Green Power with Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit / 700w OCZ PSU / Razer Diamondback Mouse / Zboard

Posted Image

#1520 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:35 AM

We are in the process of performing an emergency maintenance for #D3 servers in the Americas to resolve several issues

http://twitter.com/#!/blizzardcs

Bedtime for me on that one....game will probably be up when I get up.

Morph - how does it feel having so much hate inside? Try an episode of Dexter to chill out to - it might take the edge off.

#1521 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:35 AM

Its okay, you can always go play terrible League of Legends. I'd rather spam login attempts than force myself to play that drivel any longer. Have fun playing your game with a community that's made up of 98% trolls though.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#1522 Click

Click

I hate stupid people

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:39 AM

Game is very good, but holy crap @ the terrible server stability / upkeep.

Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves, but I doubt they care, as long as they got people to buy the game day 1. How can one of the most resourceful, most money-making, and veteran developer release D3 without enough servers?

They completely screwed this launch up. It's worse than most MMORPG launches and D3 isn't even a MMO. So frustrating...

#1523 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:44 AM

Best not to buy servers you'll never need again outside of launch day.

UjCoyFa.png

#1524 strikeratt

strikeratt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:51 AM

Best not to buy servers you'll never need again outside of launch day.

This right here, because it would just be bad business.

Posted Image

#1525 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:01 AM

blizzards says 11:45 PDT, so 2 more hours.

im knocking out

UjCoyFa.png

#1526 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:08 AM

Well, now is as good of a time as any to make a character on the European servers for instances just like this.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#1527 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:16 AM

I just want to play.....

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#1528 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:38 AM

Blizzard knows how to make phenomenal games. WoW to this day is still one of my favorite games of all time. SC II is great, and D3 is shaping up to be another phenomenal game (well once I can really get into it after the login problems).

I think for me, I am not mad that the D3 servers are fucked. Just kinda like facepalming because they have had how many years of WoW server maintenance, lol.
Posted Image

#1529 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:46 AM

I just want to play.....

Go to the Euro servers. I'm actually getting a better ping there (~120) than I do on the Us servers at the moment (~300).

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#1530 pbnate88

pbnate88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:50 AM

Anyone that has had a chance to play, have you played on low settings? How is it? The laptop im thinking of buying has a video card rated low settings on their requirements page, just wanted to see how it would look