Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

• Please log in to reply
4255 replies to this topic

#2521 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

Doing Act 3 chests we've been getting a lot of level 51-56 yellows when last night we were getting nothing below level 59.

yeah, we're nothing a drop in quality in Act 1 and 2 ourselves.

#2522 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

Weren't they boosting drops in the next patch? Why would they nerf them now? Or are they just nerfing drops for goblins and chests I wonder..

33126.png

#2523 glemtvapen

glemtvapen

The Forgotten

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:34 AM

As mentioned, chest farming is easiest/lowest risk. If you start the Machines of War quest, you can go through the Arreat Gates portal and just walk straight out into the battlefield. There is usually a platform with a resplendent chest, a door that leads to Crayders Outpost that usually has a resplendent chest, or nothing at all.

I usually find chests like every three out of five trips. Be warned though, the chest up on the platform is a trap, so grab shit quick then dip out of there (or in most cases get one-shot).

Ah yes. I encountered that chest on a lower difficulty. Last thing, any strategies getting past the Keep Depths?
It seems I'm always running into elite Soul Rippers and/or 2 elite mobs hanging close together so I can't just run past them. :bomb:

#2524 opterasis

opterasis

Bullhonkery!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:01 AM

Okay, I looked around online for spec suggestions, and lots of people suggested a grenade/rocket one, which is working out fairly well for me. But I can't find any information on gear. I'm assuming I should be going for dex to help my dps, but does that actually affect the grenade and rocket dps?
My Bluray owned list

http://www.points2sh...p?ref=opterasis

What I've gotten free from points2shop *updated* 1/16/12!
Spoiler

#2525 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:33 AM

Look what I found in pony land...

Posted Image

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#2526 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:47 AM

Just found the Radiant Star Emerald design. That was a quick 2.7m.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#2527 glemtvapen

glemtvapen

The Forgotten

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:20 AM

I just found the plans for the Exalted Grand Mythic Staff. Don't know if I should sell it to auction or teach it to my Blacksmith and gamble on his creations.

#2528 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:38 AM

Anyone know if the life on hit works for the WD pets?
Posted Image

#2529 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

Just found the Radiant Star Emerald design. That was a quick 2.7m.

I still hate myself for teaching my Jewelcrafter mine... :cry:

#2530 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

Anyone know if the life on hit works for the WD pets?

turn on the setting that shows your life regen and let them loose ;)

I just found the plans for the Exalted Grand Mythic Staff. Don't know if I should sell it to auction or teach it to my Blacksmith and gamble on his creations.

I need to upgrade my BS to Lvl 10 so i can teach a few plans. I need more $$ first...disadvantage of selling stuff on RMAH lately i guess =]

#2531 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

Weren't they boosting drops in the next patch? Why would they nerf them now? Or are they just nerfing drops for goblins and chests I wonder..

iirc they are boosting/guarantee rare drops for bosses w/5 stacks so there's a reason to go and farm the boss as well.

#2532 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

iirc they are boosting/guarantee rare drops for bosses w/5 stacks so there's a reason to go and farm the boss as well.

Actually, it's the other way around. Bosses now guarantee two rares with five stacks, they're reducing that to one.

33126.png

#2533 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

I'm beginning to think I'll never find that damned gibbering gemstone. Last part I need.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#2534 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

Actually, it's the other way around. Bosses now guarantee two rares with five stacks, they're reducing that to one.

right, that's what i meant.

#2535 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

Does anyone know of a good place for general build/gear/play strategies.

I am starting to have a challenging time soloing on my monk when there is parts where the game just throws a fuckton of enemies at once which means I get surrounded by like 15 enemies. Was wondering if anyone knew of sites that has strategies and tips.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2536 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

wouldn't here or the blizz forums be enough? and safer?

#2537 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

Solo'd act 3 yesterday and got about 3/4 into act 4 before going off to farm with friends. Pretty sure I can take Diablo now, so I might finish it today. I'll post fun stuffs if/when I do.

#2538 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

is there ever a point where you have to... i dunno.. pay attention? to the game?
i'm still in norm so i'm sure things become slightly more difficult (ie i can't just agro everything and then turn around and kill it all) and then i know inferno will become everything one shots you, but the gameplay itself i would think stays the same. the butcher and belial fight were sort of interesting in that you could dodge stuff. the most interesting thing i've fought are the wasps in A2 because you could actually dodge their projectiles (not that you had to at this point but you could). are there more reflex/skill based monsters in future acts? you've got stuff like jailers and wallers but theres not really anything you can do about being jailed so its not like you can skillfully avoid it and wallers do a nice job of blocking the other monsters off from you..

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2539 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

Nightmare isn't much of a step up from Normal. Hell is a bit more of an upgrade and a bit more dangerous when considering Rare and Champion enemies since they now have three affixes and begin to get pretty dangerous if you're unlucky. The only other thing is if you're progressing really quickly without getting suitable upgrades, Hell can be a bit more of a challenge than some people make it out to be. However it's still nothing like Inferno.

Also, waller is different depending if it's on a rare mob or a champion group. Rare wallers will stick you in a U shaped wall, whereas champions will just throw a small _ wall that is only really dangerous in small areas as a ranged user or the rare occasion where they trap you on a desecration spot that you are unable to move off of.

And yeah, I wish difficulties changed up the AI/abilities on enemies rather than just ramping up the damage and health. I was pretty saddened about that as the overall strategy doesn't really change.

#2540 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

is there ever a point where you have to... i dunno.. pay attention? to the game?
i'm still in norm so i'm sure things become slightly more difficult (ie i can't just agro everything and then turn around and kill it all) and then i know inferno will become everything one shots you, but the gameplay itself i would think stays the same. the butcher and belial fight were sort of interesting in that you could dodge stuff. the most interesting thing i've fought are the wasps in A2 because you could actually dodge their projectiles (not that you had to at this point but you could). are there more reflex/skill based monsters in future acts? you've got stuff like jailers and wallers but theres not really anything you can do about being jailed so its not like you can skillfully avoid it and wallers do a nice job of blocking the other monsters off from you..

nightmare is where diablo 3 starts, normal is just an extended demo for most.

#2541 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

Arcane sentries and such give a little more of the wasp like dodging but if the gameplay is boring you in normal, it probably won't get much better.

#2542 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

I still hate myself for teaching my Jewelcrafter mine... :cry:

Yup. I barely have mine leveled, so the cost of not only doing that, but actually crafting the damn thing is kind of ridiculous. Much rather take the money and run.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#2543 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

@ crystalklear - if the game is boring, i'd suggest making only hardcore characters.

#2544 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

The game starts at 60, just like I said a million times before. See you in inferno.

#2545 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

@ crystalklear - if the game is boring, i'd suggest making only hardcore characters.

i am, level 24 monk atm. doing the opening quests of a3. absolutely everything has been:
i run ahead and crippling wave stuff. my two demon hunter buddies spam deeps. everything dies.

i don't play non-hardcore in any game where it is an option.

The game starts at 60, just like I said a million times before. See you in inferno.

will you?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2546 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

I want you to reread this post when you encounter Arcane Frozen Jailer Invincible Minion mobs :)
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#2547 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

I want you to reread this post when you encounter Arcane Frozen Jailer Invincible Minion mobs :)

oh? fighting them takes reflex/skill?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2548 Supremacy

Supremacy

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:34 PM

Any Inferno monks in Act 3+? I'm getting rocked..

#2549 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

oh? fighting them takes reflex/skill?

It takes skill to be able to play the game while you are wiping your tears away.

In all honesty joking aside. Diablo at least its first difficulties has never really been about reflex/skill. Its about grinding and loot. Some will argue that the hardest difficulties require skill and I think they do to an extent but its more strategy than reflex. How to best attack hordes, when to run, what stats/abilities are better for what, etc
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#2550 Jam424

Jam424

Mad is a MW Hacker!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

I'm still getting killed on Act 1 of Inferno! I just beat
Spoiler
, but it was rough. I've played around a bit with a friend in Act 4 Inferno, but I get absolutely destroyed!