Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

• Please log in to reply
4285 replies to this topic

#2611 oakafanforlife

oakafanforlife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

So I linked up my paypal account to my battle.net and when I list auctions, it still tells me I haven't setup paypal? Any ideas or is there just a waiting period before it goes through?
Posted Image

#2612 opterasis

opterasis

Bullhonkery!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

So I linked up my paypal account to my battle.net and when I list auctions, it still tells me I haven't setup paypal? Any ideas or is there just a waiting period before it goes through?

Did you set up the SMS alerts too? That was the problem I was having.
My Bluray owned list

http://www.points2sh...p?ref=opterasis

What I've gotten free from points2shop *updated* 1/16/12!
Spoiler

#2613 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

my next char will be monk. saw this monk solo kill belial with 3 dead party members from beginning. in inferno.

#2614 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

my next char will be monk. saw this monk solo kill belial with 3 dead party members from beginning. in inferno.

Any geared class can do that. . .

All I can say is GL soloing Diablo on a monk. ;)

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#2615 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

Thought i got 2 really good items on last run, but not so much. Saw a 1200dmg weapon, but then it was only a 2-hand....then i saw a legendary monk fist with 280 dex but it was only 450dmg. Oh well.

#2616 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

Well, after watching Zrave do one million gold Barb builds that work far better than my current build and using an EHP calculator to determine that my gear, despite having high resists, is relatively bad, I've decided to sell off all my Barb gear and start from scratch. This should be fun.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#2617 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

Any geared class can do that. . .

All I can say is GL soloing Diablo on a monk. ;)

I second the GL. I started a Monk because it looks fun but now it's hell :lol:. Too far in on my monk to just quit as well and level up something else.

I think I am realistically just going to end up buying a copy for my GF this week and starting a character with her. I spent Saturday cleaning out her macbook (as of opening the fucker up and using some compressed air), and making sure the game ran fine (which it did thank god, was worried because she had a 2007 macbook). She wants the game anyway so I figure I can make my investment back on the RMA.

Edited by Sir_Fragalot, 17 June 2012 - 07:34 PM.

Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2618 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

Amusing fight in Act III inferno. Was in the Icefall caves and ran across a Possessed rare mob with Illusion affix. They spawned a bunch of themselves and I killed them quick....then my screen slowed to a crawl as they all exploded. Took out all the minions and almost the rare too, so that was fun.

And actually got an upgrade from them - pants with the same stats + 50 physical resist.

#2619 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

For the real money auction house does Blizzard charge you if the item does not sell or only if it sells they take a percent?
Posted Image

#2620 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

For the real money auction house does Blizzard charge you if the item does not sell or only if it sells they take a percent?

Only if it sells. And they only take the 15% if you cash out using paypal. Putting the money in your Battle.net wallet you just get charged the $1 fee.
Posted Image

#2621 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

So, after getting rid of my gear and spending 2.5m in the Ah on new gear, I can succesfully fight my way through Act 3. My DPs isnt that high, so things take awhile to die, but I can get it done.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#2622 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:37 AM

Finally got my first legendary doing Butcher runs. Great drop too since I'm a Wizard.

Spoiler

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#2623 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:03 AM

So, after getting rid of my gear and spending 2.5m in the Ah on new gear, I can succesfully fight my way through Act 3. My DPs isnt that high, so things take awhile to die, but I can get it done.

Can you give the short version of how you picked your gear? Barb here as well.

#2624 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:10 AM

What is your new DPS? I'm around 22k with buffs but admittedly my gear isn't very good. I could build a tank build but it bores me to tears.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#2625 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:37 AM

Finally got my first legendary doing Butcher runs. Great drop too since I'm a Wizard.

Spoiler

Nice find. I would wear it 8-)

#2626 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:40 AM

Can you give the short version of how you picked your gear? Barb here as well.

http://www.youtube.c...X?feature=g-u-u

That dude knows his shit. His videos have been really helpful for me.

What is your new DPS? I'm around 22k with buffs but admittedly my gear isn't very good. I could build a tank build but it bores me to tears.

My DPS is only 10k. Like I said, it takes me awhile to kill things. I basically wound up upping my HP by 20k and better managing my stats on my items. Made a pretty big difference.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#2627 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:01 AM

http://www.youtube.c...X?feature=g-u-u

That dude knows his shit. His videos have been really helpful for me.

My DPS is only 10k. Like I said, it takes me awhile to kill things. I basically wound up upping my HP by 20k and better managing my stats on my items. Made a pretty big difference.

I'll have to check out that video.

Did you find it better to focus on armor, vitality, or resist?

My armor and Vit are pretty decent but I am only now starting to work on resist. I find normal mobs I am fine but if they have something like fire link , arcane, etc its problematic.

23480.png

#2628 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:39 AM

I'll have to check out that video.

Did you find it better to focus on armor, vitality, or resist?

My armor and Vit are pretty decent but I am only now starting to work on resist. I find normal mobs I am fine but if they have something like fire link , arcane, etc its problematic.

I just tried to get enough resists to be around the 850 mark, with both fire and physical at like 900 or so. Other than that, I mainly focused on getting gear that hard large chunks of strength or vitality. Percent life is also a great stat to have.

Also, try for a Sacred shield if possible. They seem to have gone up in price recently, but their block percentage and the amount they can block are a big help. I grabbed a blue one with 26% block chance and 11% life for 300k or so and just wound up making up the other stats on other pieces. The key is to not try and go for too much on a single piece. Go for fewer stats with larger chunks rather than a piece that tries to do it all with lower stats (assuming you're working with a smaller budget).

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#2629 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:33 AM

Do sets drop off the butcher as well does anyone know?

And whats the ETA on the next patch?

#2630 Yagami

Yagami

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

New barb at 60, tried act 2 is obviously way out of my league. Any small summary of what I should be farming?

If you want to addme hit BigPopov#1675 up. Have up to act 2 unlocked.

#2631 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

New barb at 60, tried act 2 is obviously way out of my league. Any small summary of what I should be farming?

If you want to addme hit BigPopov#1675 up. Have up to act 2 unlocked.

I usually do the halls of agony ---> warden ----> butcher. Just make sure you kill them both with 5 stacks of nv.

#2632 Fearia

Fearia

I'a Cthulhu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

I usually do the halls of agony ---> warden ----> butcher. Just make sure you kill them both with 5 stacks of nv.

I do similar, but I first waypoint to the cemetary and clear the crypts so that I have an easy 5 stack before taking on the bigger badder rares.

#2633 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

I do similar, but I first waypoint to the cemetary and clear the crypts so that I have an easy 5 stack before taking on the bigger badder rares.

When I used to run it, I just started the quest at the end of Leoric's Mansion and ran from there. I had 5x NV by the time I got to the Jailor.

Halls of Agony 1 -> 1-2 NV
Halls of Agony 2 -> 2-3 NV
Jails -> 2-3 NV
Kill Jailor
Halls of Agony 3 -> Run straight to logical areas where exit is likely to be.
Kill Butcher

#2634 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

When I used to run it, I just started the quest at the end of Leoric's Mansion and ran from there. I had 5x NV by the time I got to the Jailor.

Halls of Agony 1 -> 1-2 NV
Halls of Agony 2 -> 2-3 NV
Jails -> 2-3 NV
Kill Jailor
Halls of Agony 3 -> Run straight to logical areas where exit is likely to be.
Kill Butcher

I usually cut out Halls 1 and instead took the waypoint to Norther Highlands and cleared out the Watch Tower (which spawns most of the time, and always on the western edge). There are usually at least 2 or 3 champ packs in there, as well as a Resplendent Chest.

33126.png

#2635 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

I run back into the mansion, there's usually 1 champ pack in there or even out in the front...sometimes 2 or even 3. Then run back through the manion and do what everyone else is. So by the time I reach the jailer I have 5 stacks.

#2636 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

Anyone else use Fields of Slaughter for EXP farming? Seems like a good place with the large number of enemies that spawn right from the bridge checkpoint.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#2637 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

I usually cut out Halls 1 and instead took the waypoint to Norther Highlands and cleared out the Watch Tower (which spawns most of the time, and always on the western edge). There are usually at least 2 or 3 champ packs in there, as well as a Resplendent Chest.

Yeah, I had thought about that in the past but never really gave it a shot. By the time it was brought up in this thread originally, I was already in Act 3 so I didn't bother. I know the tower of which you speak of though. It's not terribly Wizard friendly if the affixes go down the shitter from what I remember.

#2638 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:12 PM

So is it a good idea to dump my IAS gear pre 1.03? My build is pretty IAS heavy (gloves, ammy, 2 rings) so probably not going to like this change too much. Only the gloves and maybe 1 ring are worth any coin to worry about though.

#2639 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

Honestly even with the nerf, I'm not sure if there's anything that would be any more useful post-nerf to replace it with. Obviously I don't know what's going to happen to it specifically in the patch, so I can't say with any certainty.

#2640 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

This is one of my biggest problems spending major money on any item as the game is still in flux and items can change dramatically.

23480.png