Valkyrie Profile Lenneth (PSP) reprint $30 w/free shipping at GQD

I would be tempted to buy this, but the last game I got from GQD (Ar Tonelico) I was very disappointed to see they put on GameQuestDirect stickers on the back of the packaging which essentially ruined it for me (I was hoping to keep it factory sealed). Oddly enough, the coupon they put on the back of the game expired in 2005...so I have no idea what was up with that.

Consider one Goomba weary of ordering from GQD despite their nice selection of harder to find titles.

[quote name='goomba478']I would be tempted to buy this, but the last game I got from GQD (Ar Tonelico) I was very disappointed to see they put on GameQuestDirect stickers on the back of the packaging which essentially ruined it for me (I was hoping to keep it factory sealed). Oddly enough, the coupon they put on the back of the game expired in 2005...so I have no idea what was up with that.

Consider one Goomba weary of ordering from GQD despite their nice selection of harder to find titles.[/quote]

It's hardly their fault if you're buying games that you don't even intend on playing. Buying a game just to have on a shelf still in its shrinkwrap is just like all the other sad toys out there that never escaped their packaging.

I've had one game never delivered to me. Panzer DRagoon orta from GQD. lost 20$ because they told me the shipping method i chose didn't have insurance. it was my first and last time i ordered from GQD

Vegan, you can say it's not their fault but why put on a sticker for an expired coupon? Sort of defeats the purpose. Plus, these games aren't exactly hard to find used or opened most of the time. Part of the niceness of their site is getting sealed copies of harder to find NEW games.

I'm just letting the word out for those collectors like me who may not know about this sticker issue.

[quote name='goomba478']Vegan, you can say it's not their fault but why put on a sticker for an expired coupon? Sort of defeats the purpose. Plus, these games aren't exactly hard to find used or opened most of the time. Part of the niceness of their site is getting sealed copies of harder to find NEW games.

I'm just letting the word out for those collectors like me who may not know about this sticker issue.[/QUOTE]But it's a reprint, isn't that like just a step up from a GH version?

[quote name='maxgle']C'mon people, we are buying games to enjoy it, not to save it and hoping it will turn into a gem some day.[/quote]

And a lot of games are based off of collecting. Why would reality be any different for some people?

The GQD sticker can be peeled off quite easily. A little of Goo Gone would remove any stubborn residual.

It isn't like those Circuit City square price stickers (checkpoint device), which are almost impossible to remove.

[quote name='goomba478']I would be tempted to buy this, but the last game I got from GQD (Ar Tonelico) I was very disappointed to see they put on GameQuestDirect stickers on the back of the packaging which essentially ruined it for me (I was hoping to keep it factory sealed). Oddly enough, the coupon they put on the back of the game expired in 2005...so I have no idea what was up with that.

Consider one Goomba weary of ordering from GQD despite their nice selection of harder to find titles.[/quote]

........I ordered 20 copies of that game [you all know...to have extras just in case one brakes] and not one had that sticker inside the plastic. Everyone of them was on the outside. I easily pulled them all off.

[quote name='jeremywoods']how is this game stand alone? ive never played any of the other ones :/[/quote]
VP Lenneth is a remake/port of the original Valkyrie Profile for Playstation. So it stands alone pretty well :)

VP2 Silmeria (PS2) is the sequel.

[quote name='maxgle']C'mon people, we are buying games to enjoy it, not to save it and hoping it will turn into a gem some day.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with doodofdoods,

That may be why you buy them, some buy as gifts, others buy to collect. The majority of people likely do buy strictly to play, but if you can please both groups why not?

Nothing wrong with collectors being disappointed and letting other collectors know they might want to be wary of purchasing - that just leaves more out there for you and your friends who just want to "enjoy" them anyway, right?

I was about to hit confirm order... and then realized that I probably won't ever have the time to play through a 25 hour RPG on a handheld. Pass for this CAG

[quote name='Psygnosis']But it's a reprint, isn't that like just a step up from a GH version?[/quote]

I see people say the "Eeww, it's a reprint" thing all the time and I don't get it. How's it different from the "first" release? Unless it's a blatant change in the packaging (like GH), contents, wording, etc., what's different about it?

I have yet to find another PSP game as good or even close to Jean D Arc. I am heading off to Gamerankings now to see what this one is about... (yes I missed it on the PS1).

[quote name='Snake2715']I have yet to find another PSP game as good or even close to Jean D Arc. I am heading off to Gamerankings now to see what this one is about... (yes I missed it on the PS1).[/QUOTE]

Jean D Arc was such a great game. I got stuck at the end because the final battles were so hard , but I loved the story and the different characters. Best game I ever played on the PSP...

[quote name='MrBoss']Why can't they reprint the PS1 VP :(.[/quote]Lenneth is the PS1 VP game, ported to PSP.

FTR, those GQD coupon stickers are put on top of the shrinkwrap; the games they sell are still completely new and factory sealed, and the sticker can just be peeled off if you don't want it. And I think the coupon code will still work, despite the 2005 expiry date.

btw guys, where do i put in the free shipping code? i don't see it in checkout...

First Class, not Ground shipping. Could just put the code in, get the weird "error" message saying you have to pick a shipping first, select first class and double check to make sure the shipping = 0.

[quote name='DarkZero104']First Class, not Ground shipping. Could just put the code in, get the weird "error" message saying you have to pick a shipping first, select first class and double check to make sure the shipping = 0.[/quote]

hmm, might be my browser at work. i dont even see the box to put in a code. guess i'll do it at home.

Ah, for entering the code after you press Order and are taken to the shopping cart, scroll down to the bottom. Under your order, under a few ads, there should be a rectangular box with a red header saying "Enter a coupon..."

Tis before you click Checkout.

[quote name='DarkZero104']Ah, for entering the code after you press Order and are taken to the shopping cart, scroll down to the bottom. Under your order, under a few ads, there should be a rectangular box with a red header saying "Enter a coupon..."

Tis before you click Checkout.[/quote]

It's telling me that my coupon code is invalid. Is this happening to anyone else?

[quote name='eau']VP Lenneth is a remake/port of the original Valkyrie Profile for Playstation. So it stands alone pretty well :)

VP2 Silmeria (PS2) is the sequel.[/quote]

cool, thanks!!

ordered 1 :3

wait, this is rare? if anyone wants to trade for it I still have my copy that I barely play.

if it is rare, I am surprised that it is just because I see it so much at GS... maybe new copies are rare.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']wait, this is rare? if anyone wants to trade for it I still have my copy that I barely play.

if it is rare, I am surprised that it is just because I see it so much at GS... maybe new copies are rare.[/quote]

It's the new ones that are rare. Just look on eBay. New ones rarely pop up and when they do, they sell for quite a bit.

I had a new copy I got from TRU two years ago or so when it first dropped to $20. I sat on it for a couple of days before I decided to save money and return it, since I wasn't particularly interested in it. When I finally decided that I wanted it again (after picking up VP2 at Kmart for dirt cheap), they were nowhere to be found. After stalking eBay for months, I finally got a copy for a reasonable price (I didn't feel like paying how much they usually went for). To make matter worse, I stopped playing it about 1/3 of the way through. :bomb:

[quote name='doodofdoods']And a lot of games are based off of collecting. Why would reality be any different for some people?[/QUOTE]

One engages your drive to achieve. The other just engages your wallet and personal insecurity.

No one ever said "I have 100% of games and can stop now."

This is a pretty good deal! I already beat the game though, managed to snag it at Circuit City. I had a fun time, but a word of advice, don't pick the easy or medium modes. You miss out on some chances to recruit some characters and access to some dungeons and other things. Not to mention the hard mode isn't hard at all. And I'd make a save point for each chapter...not to give away any spoilers but you might regret it later if you're a completionist. Anyhoo, a little gripe I had with the game was that I couldn't arrange my items! That's pretty much it.

[quote name='super_nerd']And I'd make a save point for each chapter...not to give away any spoilers but you might regret it later if you're a completionist.[/quote]

That's pretty much the reason why I stopped playing that game for now. I got sick of tip-toeing around so I wouldn't "regret it later."

[quote name='goomba478']Oddly enough, the coupon they put on the back of the game expired in 2005...so I have no idea what was up with that.[/QUOTE]

Seems kind of funny to me that they reprint games all the time but they haven't printed a new coupon in three years.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I hated GQD now. I had 3 sealed copies and waited till it getting super RARE & SOLD It. Oh well .....thing happened :([/quote]

Oh give me a break.... listen to yourself, man! Open the package and play the game. Enjoy your life, Ebenezer.

In any case, this is a limited reprint through one website. It's not like the game is widely available again. Look at Ar tonelico; lots of people don't seem to be aware of that GQD reprint and are still paying $40+ on eBay for it.

This game doesn't deserve a reprint, at least to actually be played. Buy it off GQD, inflate the price on eBay for $100 at least & buy something better IMO.

I've been searching for this game, not willing to pay the prices EBay has to offer.

I scored a copy of VP2:S for $12 at Kmart but refuse to play it until I have played the first one. So I've searching for VP:L.

I'm a little hesitant though, $30 is still 'pricey' for me. I'm wondering if I can rent it from Gamefly and get it through the Keep It option. Would I get a Keep It option if I actually had the game rented?

Better make my decision before the 27th it seems.

[quote name='SerenityKry']I've been searching for this game, not willing to pay the prices EBay has to offer.[/QUOTE]

Have a Circuit City store run an item check with the following UPC: 662248906119.

There may still be some around for 5 dollars.

I bought one about three weeks ago. The game is fun, but very repetitive.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Have a Circuit City store run an item check with the following UPC: 662248906119.

There may still be some around for 5 dollars.

I bought one about three weeks ago. The game is fun, but very repetitive.[/quote]
Might have to call around and ask, there are about 3 Circuit City's within decent drivign distance. If I can't find any there I'll just go ahead and order the game.

So has anybody got the coupon to work? I've tried it on Firefox and Safari and I got this message

"Sorry, the coupon code cagship1 is invalid. Please re-enter another coupon code."

Has it expired?

bread's done
Back