Photo
- - - - -

GS/EB Ad for 6/27 - 7/3 w/ Coupon 30% Off Any Used Gamecube or Xbox Games (Limit 5)

• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#61 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:09 AM

Nice! hoping to finally pick up mario power tennis, ddr mario game only and a few other, i've been waiting for a sale on.

sixteenvolt420.png

#62 dg7md

dg7md

Overall, one helluva pup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:19 AM

:xbox:
After a quick glance, here's some xbox games I had fun with:

(* = highly recommended)

*Panzer Dragoon Orta
*Black(one of the best FPS' on ANY system IMO. And there's not going to be a sequel after all)
*Mercenaries
*Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, The
*Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Remix
*Toca RAce Driver 3
*Freedom Fighters
*Armed & Dangerous
*Project: Snowblind(don't pass on this one. It's cheap too)
*Burnout 3: Takedown
*Ninja Gaiden Black
*Darkwatch
*Doom 3

Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
Pinball Hall of Fame
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII(360 version preferred)
Pac-Man World 3
Brute Force
Spider Man 2
Painkiller: Hell Wars(although I prefered the PC version)
Max Payne 1 & 2
Halo 1 & 2
Colin McRae Rally 04 & 05

Chart on HD support and sound

Another chart on HD support and sound

Here's hoping people can find the majority of those in good shape/complete at GameStop. I haven't had much luck at my stores recently in terms of quality titles being in good shape.

#63 darkpice

darkpice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:55 AM

i'll be spending well over a hundred later today at gamestop. plus a little more on the gold box deals. *sigh*
Retail Store Hustler

#64 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:04 AM

I highly recommend 007 Everything or Nothing, which should set you back about...$1.20 !!!

http://www.ebgames.c...roduct_id=28869

#65 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:15 AM

I highly recommend 007 Everything or Nothing, which should set you back about...$1.20 !!!

http://www.ebgames.c...roduct_id=28869

I agree. Awesome game. Good coupon this week. Only thing is that most of their GameCube games are so overpriced that you still aren't getting much of a deal.

#66 rpepper

rpepper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:17 PM

I'll be using that coupon this weekend too. GC collection needs some love.
Posted Image

Current Playlist:
:360: Dante's Inferno

#67 plasticbathmonki

plasticbathmonki

Powered by apathy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:28 PM

They need a good PC game coupon once in a while. :(

#68 forumreader

forumreader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:31 PM

They need a good PC game coupon once in a while. :(

They don't sell used PC games, so not going to happen.

#69 rpepper

rpepper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:33 PM

Poster didn't say used PC games. Although Gamestop doesn't often have coupons on new items. :(
Posted Image

Current Playlist:
:360: Dante's Inferno

#70 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:34 PM

Yeah, I don't think I've seen a coupon for new items in a good long while.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#71 demented1

demented1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:39 PM

There was a 10% off any games day sale item in the last game informer. I actually used it to get a PC game. (Diablo 2 expansion for 8.99)

#72 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:41 PM

Okay, good point. I actually wasn't considering that one, don't know why, it just slipped my mind.

all-banner.jpg

#73 HiddenPanda

HiddenPanda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:59 PM

Sorry if this has been asked already, but do they have to all be Xbox "or" Gamecube games, I mean can you buy two Xbox games and three Gamecube games using one coupon? Thanks ahead.

Nope, you can go ahead and mix & match to your liking

#74 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:17 PM

Here's hoping people can find the majority of those in good shape/complete at GameStop. I haven't had much luck at my stores recently in terms of quality titles being in good shape.

That's been very true for me, too. With every sale/coupon like this, I've noticed the conditions have gone down steadily for the rarer/popular games. I would do an availability search only to be disappointed the box was chewed or the manual missing (irony being I almost never look at manuals, but I cannot bring myself to buy a game without one. :roll:)

Plus Gamestop's new practice of putting stickers inside the cover on the spine has cheesed me off. I've been lucky to find a couple stores that only slide an unpeeled sticker under the sleeve. Those stores get most of my used business.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#75 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:21 PM

That's been very true for me, too. With every sale/coupon like this, I've noticed the conditions have gone down steadily for the rarer/popular games. I would do an availability search only to be disappointed the box was chewed or the manual missing (irony being I almost never look at manuals, but I cannot bring myself to buy a game without one. :roll:)

Plus Gamestop's new practice of putting stickers inside the cover on the spine has cheesed me off. I've been lucky to find a couple stores that only slide an unpeeled sticker under the sleeve. Those stores get most of my used business.

My normal store does that now with the sticker still on it's paper. You can tell on the older Xbox games and almost all Gamecube games, if it has a sticker on the spine, it is on the insert. The good news is, I've only had one insert partially damaged by the removal of the sticker. I guess I can consider myself lucky in that respect. My local Gamestop opens in 40 minutes, so I'm taking an early lunch and picking up my stuff. I actually called them last night and had them hold about 8 games for me. They knew why, and didn't care. They were actually more than glad to help.

all-banner.jpg

#76 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:24 PM

Wow! Great coupon, but of course hampered by the fact that the prices on the more popular games are already so high, that even with 40% off they aren't that great of a deal, or are even a bad deal. Be sure to check ebay's completed listings for the games you are interested in. In many cases I've checked so far, ebay offers better prices even considering the 40% off (plus tax), at least if you are a little ebay savvy and have some patience. There are exceptions, though. It's about time I picked up RE4, and the 40% off price is good, even compared to ebay. Also, if you don't have patience, well, ebay isn't for you, and this coupon is.

#77 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:35 PM

I might re-buy Beyond Good and Evil for Gamecube... if I can find it in good shape, or at all. I never should have traded it in, considering its fairly hard to find the GC version now. I wish the Xbox version worked on the 360.
Posted Image

#78 XxSmityxX

XxSmityxX

Sega New Astro City!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:36 PM

now it's time to get those overpriced (to match ebay) gamecube games I've been wanting to get!!!

Thanks for the coupon OP!!!!
http://www.southtown-homebrew.com -- shockboxes, carts, art, Naomi harnesses, Sanwa, and more. :P

#79 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:58 PM

First off, Great Coupon this week and thanks to the OP for getting it out there early! Also thanks for some of the lists that were posted as well. I'll have to take a closer look and pick out some of the ones I don't have in the collection and pick them up this week.

As others have mentioned before, the GC/Xbox sections at most of the local GS are horrible. The selection is bad, the organization is non-existent and I've been seeing more and more copies of games that are disc only. They have also really jacked up the prices for the in demand games but this coupon + edge does make them a bit more reasonable.

As for b2g1, there was a speculative post a couple weeks ago that said b2g1 was coming during the gamedays sale, but it doesn't look like it is happening this month. Saying b2g1 is coming is redundant considering GS runs that promotion at least once in each fiscal quarter. Their next quarter ends at the end of July so draw your own conclusions as to what week in July it will occur. Just keep checking the deals forum and once there is some confirmation someone will post it.

Let's go Pens!

#80 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:51 PM

Well I went to my local GameStop and picked up my games I had them hold. Bonus, they had apparently received an official WaveBird in yesterday, and they knew I was looking for one more so they held that for me too. This is all at one GameStop.

Transaction #1 (All Complete)
Hunter: The Reckoning $2.99 = $1.79 w/ coupon+edge
WWE Day of Reckoning 2 $14.99 = $8.99 w/ coupon+edge
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil $12.99 = $7.79 w/ coupon+edge
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon $17.99 = $10.79 w/ coupon+edge
Real World Golf w/ Club $14.99 = $8.99 w/ coupon+edge
Sub-Total: $38.35
Total w/ Tax: $41.03

Transaction #2
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 = $5.99 w/ coupon+edge (Complete)
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes $34.99 = $20.99 w/ coupon+edge (missing manual but in pristine condition)
Sub-Total: $26.98
Total w/ Tax: $28.87

Transaction #3 (not technically related)
Used Nintendo WaveBird Controller $17.99 = $14.39 w/ 10% off used email coupon+edge
Sub-Total: $14.39
Total w/ Tax: $15.40

all-banner.jpg

#81 DrNo888

DrNo888

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:08 PM

What's the 10% coupon off of the Wavebird?
=========================
Posted Image

#82 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:12 PM

What's the 10% coupon off of the Wavebird?

I think he just copied "coupon+edge" from the transaction listed above the wavebird. 10% off used accessories for Edge seems to be what he was trying to convey.

Let's go Pens!

#83 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:14 PM

No, there is a normal 10% off used items coupon that updates itself. I used it and the edge card. I need to change how that is worded.

all-banner.jpg

#84 DrNo888

DrNo888

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:16 PM

Ok, it was a used Wavebird.
=========================
Posted Image

#85 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:20 PM

Ok, it was a used Wavebird.

Yeah, sorry about that. I was just excited to catch a 4th Wavebird. I haven't seen a sealed WaveBird in a GameStop in forever. I've caught 4 used WaveBirds, 3 at one GameStop, in the past month. Three gray ones and one platinum. I paid the price on 4 of them that some people pay for one. Besides the one I bought today, because I haven't tested it yet, they all work great.

all-banner.jpg

#86 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:21 PM

No, there is a normal 10% off used items coupon that updates itself. I used it and the edge card. I need to change how that is worded.

Oh yea, forgot about that coupon. I actually stopped bothering with it once they excluded New items a couple months back.

I never buy anything used there unless it is during a 25%-30% off coupon or B2G1 deal so I can never use that coupon anyways.

On a semi-hard to find item like a wavebird that is a good coupon to use. Thanks for reminding me! ;) (searches for 10% off coupon thread before going to GS during lunch hour)

EDIT: 10% OFF COUPON THREAD -> http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=186715

Let's go Pens!

#87 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:23 PM

Oh yea, forgot about that coupon. I actually stopped bothering with it once they excluded New items a couple months back.

I never buy anything used there unless it is during a 25%-30% off coupon or B2G1 deal so I can never use that coupon anyways.

On a semi-hard to find item like a wavebird that is a good coupon to use. Thanks for reminding me! ;) (searches for 10% off coupon thread before going to GS during lunch hour)

I rarely have to use it, but I keep about 6-8 in my wallet all the time because I never know when I'm going to walk in there and find something rare that I should pick up immediately.

all-banner.jpg

#88 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:48 PM

That freaking sucks, I just bought Ikaruga last week. I wonder if I have the receipt still...

lol I was thinking of buying Ikaruga with the 30% coupon - $20.99 ain't bad.

#89 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

Fan of Japanese Import Games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:51 PM

Wish I can give a list but I'm one of those people who didn't own a GameCube until the end of its lifecycle. I've been waiting for this coupon mainly for Pikmin 2, RE 2 and RE 3 and also Pokemon: Gale of Darkness and other Mario sports games. But unlike the deals where I was able to score via XBOX360, PSP, DS, PS2 and XBOX coupons... a lot of the games that I want to use with this coupon are over $25...But I guess with the Edge Card...now's the best time to get these games.

I actually did some Gamecube hunting months prior but here is what I was targeting and possibly maybe others might be interested as well:

Animal Crossing
Baiten Kaitos Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
Baiten Kaitos Origins
Battalion Wars
Beach Spikers: Virtua Beach Volleyball
Beyond Good & Evil
Chibi Robot
Donkey Konga
Donkey Konga 2
Donky Kong Jungle Beat
Eternal Darkness
F-Zero GX
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
Killer 7
IKARAGUA
The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (if you don't own a Wii)
The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker
Lego Star Wars: The Video Game
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Kart Double Dash
Mario Power Tennis
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Midway Arcade Treasures
Mystic Heroes
Naruto Clash of Ninja
Naruto Clash of Ninja 2
NBA Street Vol. 2
One Piece Grand Battle
Pacman World 2 (ONLY IF IT COMES WITH the PACMAN vs. game - another disc)
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Phantasy Star Online
Pikmin (and Pikmin 2 of course)
P.N.03
Pokemon Channel
Pokemon Colisseum
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Resident Evil Zero
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 4
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Soul Calibur II
SSX 3
Star Fox Assault and Star Fox Adventures
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros. Mellee
Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2
Tales of Symphonia
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Battle Nexus
Time Splitters
Ultimate Muscle: Legends vs. New Generation
Viewtiful Joe
Viewtiful Joe 2
Virtua Quest
Waverace: Bluestorm
WWE Day of Reckoning
WWE Day of Reckoning 2
WWE Wrestlemania X8

As for XBOX games:

007 - Agent Under Fire
007 - Everything or Nothing
Aggressive Inline
Amped 2
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Beat Down - Good if you are fans of the original "Fatal Fury" series
Beyond Good and Evil - This is good no matter what console.
Black
Brothers in Arms - Road to Hill 30
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - and BtVS - Chaos Bleeds - The Buffy games were awesome
Burnout 3: Takedown
Capcom vs. SNK 2 - Think Marvel vs. Capcom 2 was fun, this game was the fighting game on the XBOX
Chronicles of Riddick
Conker & Reloaded - N64's pottymouth character on XBOX
Crimson Sea
Crimson Skies - Awesome!
Dead or Alive (set of 1 & 2) and Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball - If you own the other DoA's might as well get this to get a full collection
Deathrow - Great game if you can find it
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Doom 3
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Despite Oblivion's beautiful scenery, there are many who feel "Morrowind" was much more of a better experience.
ESPN NBA 2K5
ESPN NFL 2K5
FABLE (Although if you have a PC, they have a better version on clearance at Target which has more to the the storyline and clearanced to like $7.99 or lower)
Fatal Frame 1 & 2 (There is more demand for the PS2 version but yet, FF's are hard to find nevertheless)
Farcry Instincts
FIFA SOCCER 2003
Final Fight Streetwise
FORZA Motorsport
Full Spectrum Warrior
Grand Theft Auto set / Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Guilty Gear X2 Reloaded
Gungriffon Allied Strike
Gunvalkyrie - Regarded as one of the most difficult games to beat.
HALO (don't buy here though unless you have to...Target has a sale on the first game) / As for the 2nd, only if you want the tin box version and also the multi-player pack for collector's purposes
Half-Life 2
House of the Dead III
The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction - A superhero video game done right
Jade Empire - If you are a fan of Mass Effect and SW: Knights of the Old Republic, get Jade Empire - Look for the Limited Edition though
Jaws Unleashed
Jet Set Radio Future
King of Fighters Neowave and Maximum Impact
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude - Although I prefer old school Larry Laffer, this one was fun and actually quite perverted and nasty.
Major League Baseball 2K5
Max Payne 2: The fall of Max Payne
Mechassault - Awesome game...2nd game "Lone Wolf" one was not as good as the first
Mercenaries - Must own!
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Midnight Club III: Dub Edition
NBA Inside Drive 2003
NBA Street Vol. 3
NCAA Football 2003
Need for Speed Underground 1 and 2
NFL 2K3
NHL 2002
Ninja Gaiden Black - If you don't have the PS3 version, this game is worth owning
Outlaw - Anything of the Outlaw series for the weirdness...although the golf has control issues, definitely an interest yet perverted game. The volleyball and Tennis games are my favorites from this series.
Otogi 1 and 2
Panzer Dragoon Orta - This should be in every Xbox collector's collection
Phantom Dust
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and Two Thrones
Psychonauts - This should be in every XBOX collector's collection
Rainbow Six (Ever since I became a Rainbow Six fan, I wanted to own everything in the series on the XBOX - Rainbow Six 3, Rainbow Six 3 - Black Arrow, Rainbow Six - Lockdown - Note: Critical Hour received the weakest rating of the RS games for the Xbox)
Rallisport Challenge 2
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Red Dead Revolver
Sega GT 2002/Jetset Radio Future
Shenmue III - Some love it, some hate...I love it and it comes with that second DVD movie clip from the first game (make sure it has the second disc)
Sid Meier's Pirate
Silent Hill series - Great but if you need that Gameshark or Pro Action Replay...go PS2
Spartan: Total Warrior
Spider-Man 2
SVC Chaos - SNK vs. Capcom - Although Capcom vs. SNK 2 was awesome, if you are a fan of both companies fighting games, you have to get this one too.
Tom Clancy - Splinter Cell, Pandora's Tomorrow, Chaos Theory - For those who need to complete their Splinter Cell collections
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Must own but you get a better deal buying the PC version which comes with several games including this if you do PC gaming
Star Wars Republic Commando
Syberia
Syberia II - Not easy to find
Time Splitters 2
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Top Spin
Total Overdose
True Crime: Streets of LA
Winning Eleven 8: World Soccer International
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions
Unreal Championship 2
Urban Chaos
The Warriors - Worth owning
X-Men Legends I and II
XIII

Feel Free to Add me:
XB360/PSN: kndynt2099 | Wii CODE: 8397 9641 9718 7362 | 3DS CODE: 4141-2473-3225 | Steam

CHECK IT OUT -> J!-ENT 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL ISSUE (2013) (58MB/PDF)

#90 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:02 PM

I stopped by a local gamestop, but the pickings are getting slim for the Gamecube, at least if you want complete games. 90% of the NGC games are disc only. The only complete copy of a game I wanted that I found, Resident Evil 4, proved to be a mistake - they didn't actually have the game. I had checked on the web and it didn't show this particular GS as having it, so when I saw the box with instructions I figured I was lucky, or the online inventory was wrong. Turns out it was right.