Photo
- - - - -

GS/EB Ad for 6/27 - 7/3 w/ Coupon 30% Off Any Used Gamecube or Xbox Games (Limit 5)

• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#91 rpepper

rpepper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:10 PM

Wish I can give a list but I'm one of those people who didn't own a GameCube until the end of its lifecycle. I've been waiting for this coupon mainly for Pikmin 2, RE 2 and RE 3 and also Pokemon: Gale of Darkness and other Mario sports games. But unlike the deals where I was able to score via XBOX360, PSP, DS, PS2 and XBOX coupons... a lot of the games that I want to use with this coupon are over $25...But I guess with the Edge Card...now's the best time to get these games.

I actually did some Gamecube hunting months prior but here is what I was targeting and possibly maybe others might be interested as well:

(list)

Thanks for the list. Helped remind me of a few titles I need to round out my collection. :)
Posted Image

Current Playlist:
:360: Dante's Inferno

#92 daminion

daminion

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:27 PM

scored a mint copy of Pikmin for $16ish. Already had Pikmin 2 so I'm all set.

#93 rpepper

rpepper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:28 PM

scored a mint copy of Pikmin for $16ish. Already had Pikmin 2 so I'm all set.

PC version or original? You sir, are the object of my envy. :)
Posted Image

Current Playlist:
:360: Dante's Inferno

#94 daminion

daminion

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:34 PM

PC version or original? You sir, are the object of my envy. :)

Original for both. Though it wouldn't have changed my mind about the purchase :)

I've had Pikmin 2 for a long time, bought it on clearance a long time ago and honestly I'm amazed at how much it's going for now. Wish I had bought more when it was cleared out :)

#95 FoxAlive

FoxAlive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:35 PM

don't forgot lost Kingdoms and Evolution Worlds, for GC pretty decent RPGs

#96 demented1

demented1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:50 PM

I ended up grabbing a Steel Batallion bundle from one store and a Marvel vs Capcom 2 from another. I traded Prey and Timeshift at the first store and ended up getting SB for 11.49. At the second store I traded Uncharted and Conan and got MVC plus $2 credit on the edge card. That Steel Batallion controller is sick! It took up the better part of my truck bed.:)

#97 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:52 PM

I ended up grabbing a Steel Batallion bundle from one store and a Marvel vs Capcom 2 from another. I traded Prey and Timeshift at the first store and ended up getting SB for 11.49. At the second store I traded Uncharted and Conan and got MVC plus $2 credit on the edge card. That Steel Batallion controller is sick! It took up the better part of my truck bed.:)

I hate you. I really really do. I can't catch a Steel Batallion bundle for anything.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#98 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:02 PM

Nice list, kndy, I'll have to print a copy and see which games I dont have yet.

Hit a GS at lunch, grabbed a couple games, nothing very notable. As usual around here, this deal was not in their system yet. It scanned, but all games rang up at full price so they had to manually put it in.

Also scored some penny guides I had been looking for (Lego SW!)

I have a bad feeling I might be using this coupon too much this weekend...
How high is your True GamerScore? Join the CAG Leaderboard on TrueAchievements.com to find out!

Join the CAG GamerScore Whore Group here!

#99 wreckemtexastech

wreckemtexastech

Red Raidin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:03 PM

Well I went to my local GameStop and picked up my games I had them hold. Bonus, they had apparently received an official WaveBird in yesterday, and they knew I was looking for one more so they held that for me too. This is all at one GameStop.

Transaction #1 (All Complete)
Hunter: The Reckoning $2.99 = $1.79 w/ coupon+edge
WWE Day of Reckoning 2 $14.99 = $8.99 w/ coupon+edge
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil $12.99 = $7.79 w/ coupon+edge
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon $17.99 = $10.79 w/ coupon+edge
Real World Golf w/ Club $14.99 = $8.99 w/ coupon+edge
Sub-Total: $38.35
Total w/ Tax: $41.03

Transaction #2
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 = $5.99 w/ coupon+edge (Complete)
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes $34.99 = $20.99 w/ coupon+edge (missing manual but in pristine condition)
Sub-Total: $26.98
Total w/ Tax: $28.87

Transaction #3 (not technically related)
Used Nintendo WaveBird Controller $17.99 = $14.39 w/ 10% off used email coupon+edge
Sub-Total: $14.39
Total w/ Tax: $15.40

****Gamestop's computer login****

"Welcome! You've got owned!"

#100 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:04 PM

****Gamestop's computer login****

"Welcome! You've got owned!"

How so?

all-banner.jpg

#101 wreckemtexastech

wreckemtexastech

Red Raidin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:05 PM

i actually owned gamestop myself at about 10 cen. time as well. As soon as they opened I went in and picked up Eternal Darkness for 10 and some odd cents...

The employee then said "hmp, we have this in stock?? and an employee hasnt snatched it up?? Well..."

#102 XxSmityxX

XxSmityxX

Sega New Astro City!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:07 PM

yeah that is far from THEM getting owned....

We are basically getting the games for what THEY pay us in trade in value!
http://www.southtown-homebrew.com -- shockboxes, carts, art, Naomi harnesses, Sanwa, and more. :P

#103 wreckemtexastech

wreckemtexastech

Red Raidin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:07 PM

How so?

well mainly because my main man here picked up a wavebird for 10 dollars.... thats quite a deal son!

#104 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:08 PM

Oh, sorry. I got confused, i thought you were saying I got owned. I just paid what I think the prices should be.

all-banner.jpg

#105 XxSmityxX

XxSmityxX

Sega New Astro City!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:12 PM

I just paid what I think the prices should be.

This is very true, the only reason these games and accessories are high priced is because of the demand for them. If there was no demand this stuff would all be dirt cheap!
http://www.southtown-homebrew.com -- shockboxes, carts, art, Naomi harnesses, Sanwa, and more. :P

#106 awp

awp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:24 PM

Also posted in the $10 bonus thread, but traded EDF and Meet the Robinsons -- $6.99 each at Blockbuster. Got $21 after bonus + Edge. Picked up Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes with coupon for $20.99.

Not too shabby for less than $14 in BB credit (I really probably paid about $7 for that BB credit).

#107 jdeluis

jdeluis

Now In Stereo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:53 PM

:xbox:
After a quick glance, here's some xbox games I had fun with:

(* = highly recommended)

*Panzer Dragoon Orta
*Black(one of the best FPS' on ANY system IMO. And there's not going to be a sequel after all)
*Mercenaries
*Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, The
*Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Remix
*Toca RAce Driver 3
*Freedom Fighters
*Armed & Dangerous
*Project: Snowblind(don't pass on this one. It's cheap too)
*Burnout 3: Takedown
*Ninja Gaiden Black
*Darkwatch
*Doom 3

Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
Pinball Hall of Fame
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII(360 version preferred)
Pac-Man World 3
Brute Force
Spider Man 2
Painkiller: Hell Wars(although I prefered the PC version)
Max Payne 1 & 2
Halo 1 & 2
Colin McRae Rally 04 & 05

Chart on HD support and sound

Another chart on HD support and sound

Thanks for the links. 8-)

#108 skwidman6

skwidman6

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:57 PM

I went into GameStop today to trade in some 360 games to take advantage of the 10 dollar bonus offer, and they told me to hold the games til Monday 9/30, they'll be upping it up to 15 dollars extra instead of 10! Is this true, has anybody else heard about this?

It would suck if they were just messing with me or trying to screw me over somehow, lol.

#109 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:58 PM

This is very true, the only reason these games and accessories are high priced is because of the demand for them. If there was no demand this stuff would all be dirt cheap!

That would make sense, if their regular NGC prices were in line with even ebay, which they generally aren't. Then if you look at goozex, you can often pick the games up even cheaper, even considering the coupon. There are some decent deals to be had, though. You just have to do some reasearch. Resident Evil 4 GC is a good price with coupon, for example.
Posted Image

#110 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

Fan of Japanese Import Games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:02 PM

Just got back from GS... Fortunately of the three stores, one of them carries a lot of the use GameCube games while the other still carries DVD's and the other carries more PC games...

Anyway, went there for only four games Resident Evil 2, 3, Pikmin 2 and Pokemon: Gale of Darkness....each were complete. The discount was great with all four + another game which came in at $91.

But then nostalgia factor came in where I wanted to buy re-games that I once owned before. (Damn, I'm never going to trade games in especially when I end up rebuying them again).

So, I ended of the four, I just ended up buying a complete Pikmin 2....damn that is expensive used:

$39.99 (with coupon and Edge) = $23.99

As for nostalgia, I ended up buying Ultimate Muscle for GC ($3.59), Gun Valkyrie ($2.99), Otogi ($2.99) and Otogi 2 ($7.79).

Part of my reason of not getting Resident Evil 2 and 3...was that I'm still deciding if I want the game since I own it on PSX. Reviews I read mention they are direct ports and unlike RE-Zero and the original RE remade for the GameCube...2 and 3 are just direct ports.

And for Pokemon: Gale of Darkness...I know it received good ratings but wasn't feeling it.

So, at least I got my priority GC game....Pikmin 2...but if anyone on here can give me a heads up if RE 2 and 3 are definitely worth it on GC... I'll probably hit the place tomorrow. Maybe...hehe...

Oh and last...I was thinking about Mario Power Tennis....Always wanted it...but it was like $34.99 or $39.99 or something...I can see why Ikaragua and Pikmin 2 are one of the most expensive games but does MPT really deserve to be that expensive...hmm...

Feel Free to Add me:
XB360/PSN: kndynt2099 | Wii CODE: 8397 9641 9718 7362 | 3DS CODE: 4141-2473-3225 | Steam

CHECK IT OUT -> J!-ENT 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL ISSUE (2013) (58MB/PDF)

#111 killer9

killer9

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:34 PM

I went into GameStop today to trade in some 360 games to take advantage of the 10 dollar bonus offer, and they told me to hold the games til Monday 9/30, they'll be upping it up to 15 dollars extra instead of 10! Is this true, has anybody else heard about this?

It would suck if they were just messing with me or trying to screw me over somehow, lol.

yeah gamestop is going to tell u how to get more for your trades doubbt that very much

GameFly is off the hook! Get 1 free month by using my link!

http://gamefly.tella...com/a/clk/dP7nv

#112 Slappybob

Slappybob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:39 PM

A nice please relieve us of these old games coupon =D

Hopefully I can scoop up some deals with this one.

Oh and memo to gamestop ... how about next week a %30 off of ps2 and psp games ;)

#113 paean

paean

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:39 PM

Thanks to OP, I picked up Mercenaries for $6.

#114 silphalion

silphalion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:50 PM

Picked up (all complete with cases and manuals): Prices after all bonuses
10.79 Tales of symphonia
10.79 Zelda Windwaker
23.99 Zelda TP
20.99 Zelda Collectors Edition
17.99 Zelda Ocarina Time/Master Quest

<------- Zelda Fan lol

#115 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:58 PM

That will be *if* you pre-order NCAA 09 and some have stated it'll be a coupon; I dunno. Although, the trade-in values of your stuff could go down by then, so who knows.
Posted Image

#116 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:01 PM

A nice please relieve us of these old games coupon =D

Hopefully I can scoop up some deals with this one.

Oh and memo to gamestop ... how about next week a %30 off of ps2 and psp games ;)

It will probably be awhile, they had the 20% off PSP and DS two weeks ago and the 25% off PSP about a month ago.

Feel Free to Add me:
XB360/PSN: kndynt2099 | Wii CODE: 8397 9641 9718 7362 | 3DS CODE: 4141-2473-3225 | Steam

#117 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:07 PM

Picked up (all complete with cases and manuals):
Tales of symphonia
Zelda Windwaker
Zelda TP
Zelda Collectors Edition
Zelda Ocarina Time/Master Quest

<------- Zelda Fan lol

Hey Sliphalion,

What was the price total after coupon (And Edge if you used the card) for these games. Specifically the collector's and the OT/MQ. thnx!

Feel Free to Add me:

#118 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:09 PM

I think most of those prices are listed in post #21 on page 2, those prices are with coupon+edge.

Tales of Symphonia $17.99 = $10.79 after Coupon + Edge
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords $14.99 = $8.99 after Coupon + Edge (Not listed in his post, but it is a Zelda game.)
Legend of Zelda: Windwaker $17.99 = $10.79 after Coupon + Edge
Zelda Ocarina & Master Quest $29.99 = $17.99 after Coupon + Edge
Zelda Collector's Disc $34.99 = $20.99 after Coupon + Edge
Zelda: Twilight Princes $39.99 = $23.99 after Coupon + Edge

all-banner.jpg

#119 v1et r1ce

v1et r1ce

Formerly nikelecious91

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:09 PM

Even if it is true, the TIV of your games will drop significantly by then.

#120 devildr1ver

devildr1ver

Im one hot mother$$$$er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:13 PM

i went looking for ikaruga for the cube and found disc only :( i passed on it. but picked up mvc2 xbox x2, zelda ce, metroid prime 2, MGS Twin snakes and megaman collection.
3D AA Bn MoTor T