Photo
- - - - -

GS/EB Ad for 6/27 - 7/3 w/ Coupon 30% Off Any Used Gamecube or Xbox Games (Limit 5)

• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#121 Capitalizt

Capitalizt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:14 PM

Just stopped in to tell every GC owner to BUY WINDWAKER NOW! ;)

It's one of the best games of all time, and I personally thought it was much better than any other Zelda title including OOT and Twilight Princess.

#122 kearns710

kearns710

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:20 PM

is the $15 difference between ninja gaiden and ninja gaiden black worth the difference of the 2 games' content? Ive never played any ninja gaidens and dont know what the difference is between the two.

#123 rpepper

rpepper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:25 PM

is the $15 difference between ninja gaiden and ninja gaiden black worth the difference of the 2 games' content? Ive never played any ninja gaidens and dont know what the difference is between the two.

Ninja Gaiden Black had some extras and "Ninja Dog" mode which if you died enough times it would scale back the difficulty. I picked up Black for $19.99 or $24.99 (can't remember) during the B2G1 sale. I'm not sure what the original goes for, but $15 difference seems a tad large.

Personally, unless you've played Ninja Gaiden and have no problems with the difficulty level I'd go for Black.
Posted Image

Current Playlist:
:360: Dante's Inferno

#124 kearns710

kearns710

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:22 PM

so i go up to the cash register to pay and open my wallet...and WOW....i lost my edge card.
I had it the other day at another gamestop and that store said they dont have it.

anyone know if i can get my card reissued if i have the card number?

#125 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:44 PM

I'll probably grab Resident Evil 2 and 3 if they are complete and in excellent condition. I have them for the PS3 but I am survival horror collector- especially RE and Silent Hill. I would grab an Eternal Darkness if they had one since mine is factory sealed and I cannot bring myself to open it- haven't seen any at a local GS though :(

Was thinking of getting the Zelda Collector's game but I recall it being $50 at GS :cry: I am not a big Zelda fan but that is such a good collection that probably won't be put on a disc again.

#126 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:45 PM

so i go up to the cash register to pay and open my wallet...and WOW....i lost my edge card.
I had it the other day at another gamestop and that store said they dont have it.

anyone know if i can get my card reissued if i have the card number?

I thought the reason they took your personal information was so they could replace it? As long as you give them your name,address, etc... you should be able to get them to give you a new one.
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#127 studlyduffman

studlyduffman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:05 PM

I dont know how you guys got your discounts to work because I was told by two stores today, that the 30% off xbox/gc games is completely fake. This isnt the first time i have been told my coupons have been fake. The last one I had that apparently wasnt real was the 50% bonus trade in credit. These photoshop coupons are pissing me off and Im just going to resort subscribing to gs website...:bomb:

#128 kearns710

kearns710

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:06 PM

I thought the reason they took your personal information was so they could replace it? As long as you give them your name,address, etc... you should be able to get them to give you a new one.

well i asked the ho if she could look it up and she said no..but i just called corp customer service and they said as long as i have my account number on me the stores can use it (my other choice was to get the barcode sticker reissued).

luckily i didnt lose too much, i only ended up buying conker live and reloaded for like13

#129 dg7md

dg7md

Overall, one helluva pup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:08 PM

I dont know how you guys got your discounts to work because I was told by two stores today, that the 30% off xbox/gc games is completely fake. This isnt the first time i have been told my coupons have been fake. The last one I had that apparently wasnt real was the 50% bonus trade in credit. These photoshop coupons are pissing me off and Im just going to resort subscribing to gs website...:bomb:

Print it off with the gamestop.com URL in the corner. Can't be fake if it's on their official site.

#130 ets

ets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:18 PM

When I first saw this my mouth was watering, but then the realization that I would need to blow all my gamestop credit to complete my collection set in. I'm probably just going to complete a couple series that I own except for Resident Evil , Legend of Zelda, and Pikmin. Since I live in the middle of no way, if a game like Metal Gear Solid fell into my lap I'm sure I would purchase it too.
Currently Playing: N/A
On Deck: N.A

MyTradeList [Link]

#131 vherub

vherub

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:21 PM

stopped by a couple gamestops, gc selection was poor- even though online inventory looked decent.

#132 Mike 01Hawk

Mike 01Hawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:41 PM

Here's my score. Paid $88.91 OTD after 30% coupon, 10% Edge, Discover 1% cash back, and Oklahoma 8.517% tax. I was Joe Smith off the street paying cash and no coupons it woulda cost me $149.68, that's a difference of $60.77! :)

Sys--Title--------------------------List-----My cost
GCN DDR Mario Mix------------------$49.99--$32.22
GCN Fire Emblem Path of Radiance---$29.99--$19.33
GCN Metroid Prime 2 Echoes---------$19.99--$12.89
Xbox Psychonanuts-----------------$12.99--$8.37
Xbox Evil Dead Regeneration---------$9.99--$6.44
Xbox Fable-------------------------$9.99--$6.44
GCN Top Gun Combat Zones---------$4.99--$3.22

#133 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:50 PM

Well on the 50% trade-in bonus, they were only valid in certain areas and most stores weren't taking printouts. I can see how they thought that one was fake.

This particular coupon comes directly from the Gamestop website. If you right click on the image in the first post and go to view source or view image (if in Firefox), it takes you to a Gamestop.com URL. Actually would be a good way to print it off too to show them that it came from their website.

Did they even input the code into their system or did they automatically say it was fake? A lot of printers don't print, or people don't set them to print in the quality that allows it to be scanned. Gamestop knows this, which is why the include the discount code under the barcode. If they would have input the code, it would have worked. If they did input the code on the coupon, and it still didn't work, I don't know. This coupon is legit as far as I know. Used it twice myself, by being scanned directly from the barcode. It wouldn't have shown up in their system otherwise.

I'm curious as to if there were high value games that you picked out and the employees seen them? I'm not saying that is what happened, but you never know.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#134 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:54 PM

Is the Ninja Gaiden on the X-Box the same version that is on the PS3? I know its a really dumb question.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#135 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:01 PM

I had to breal out my credit card today for this stuff, which i don't like to use it. But it'll be easy to end up keeping the stuff i actually want out of this for free, and make some profit.

Stuff i got today, still have 2 more gamestops and some other stores to hit tomorrow:

Sears
God Of War 2 (Black Label 2 Disc)
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (GC, Players Choice)
Lunar: Dragon Song (DS)
Total= $47.95

Toys-R-Us
Buy 2 Get 1 Free, All DS Games
Super Princess Peach x2 (I should've bought them all, they had like 7 or 8 more)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring Of Fates
Total=$79.84

Gamestop #1
30% Off Coupon, Plus 10 % Extra for the edge card
Pikmin 2 (GCN) (Complete, Original Black Label) [$23.99]
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Nightmare 3 (GCN)(Complete) [$10.79]
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles [Not Movie] (Complete) (GCN) [$4.79]
Kirby Air Ride (Complete, Original Black Label) (GCN) [$11.99]
Xyanide (Complete) (XBOX) [$3.59]
Total: $58.46

Gamestop #2
Same As previous, Minus Ps2 Games, Which were only 10%Off
Cubivore (Disc Only) (GCN) $14.99
The Legend Of Zelda: Collector's Edition (Complete) (GCN) $20.99
Fire Emblem: Path Of Radiance (No Manual) (GCN) $17.99
TMNT Mutant Melee (Complete) (GCN) $11.99
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude (Complete) (XBOX) $7.79
Steel Battalion (Disc Only) (XBOX) $4.13
Fighter Maker 2 (Complete) (PS2) $3.59
Ephermeral Fantasia (No Manual) (PS2) $5.39
Total: $91.82

sixteenvolt420.png

#136 shibaraski

shibaraski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:59 PM

great coupon. i just picked up MGS the twinsnakes for GC

#137 Wlogan31

Wlogan31

Economic Extraordinaire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:01 AM

Scored Battalion Wars, Mario Power Tennis, and Mario Kart Double Dash all mint/complete/non-pc for $50.21

Buy/Sell/Trade - Come on Down!: http://www.cheapassg...014#post1554014

PS3 Trophies

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Resident Evil 5   :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

#138 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:13 AM

great coupon. i just picked up MGS the twinsnakes for GC

I hope to be able to find that at one of the 2 gamestop i visit tomorrow. I still have never seen one in the used section at any gamestop/eb i have visited in the past few years.

sixteenvolt420.png

#139 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:34 AM

Is the Ninja Gaiden on the X-Box the same version that is on the PS3? I know its a really dumb question.

I present to you... Chronis's guide to Ninja Gaiden!!

First of all. they are all basically the same game. Just some have tweaks and bonuses that others don't have.

Ok, the original. It's the most bare bones of the bunch. Doesn't have an easy mode (Ninja Dog) so if you aren't hardcore enough to handle this game, this version probably isn't for you. Also, if you beat the game, you are able to restart to find all the scarabs which you'll need for the things I'm describing next. However, if you are interested in the 3 NES Ninja Gaidens (the ones that have been released on the Wii's Virtual Console), this may be the version for you. However, it is a bit hard to unlock all three and I think will take you 2 playthroughs. Also there were some Hurricane Pack things that were available for download on the XBL. I don't know much about that, though I think those were built into Black.

Ninja Gaiden Black is an update of the original. Overall, it is a harder than the original by adding a few new enemies and tweaking existing ones. But they also added Ninja Dog mode. If you die 3 times, you'll unlock that. The problem is that in order to play on Dog difficulty, you'll need to restart your game. And you'll be made fun of by the game. For rizzle. They also took out the NES games (thought they put in some spinoff somehere in there or something...), and they also took out the ability to play again after beating the game. You'll have to restart a new save, as in Sigma.

Sigma on the PS3 is an update of the original. It doesn't have the added enemies that Black has or the NES games, though it does have Ninja dog mode. Sigma does add 3 parts of the game where you get to play as Rachel (the chick with the "Double Dragons") though, which has a much different feel than the other parts of the game. Plus, there are a few minor changes to the locations of stuff from the other games. Also, the game looks nicer though the others looked so good it's not that much of an upgrade. Also, there is some downloadbale (for a price) stuff on the PSN.

11317.png

#140 dg7md

dg7md

Overall, one helluva pup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:36 AM

Couldn't find much. I am damn sick to seeing generic cases or beaten up boxes of games with no manuals. Every time I see a game that happens to have its original case, I'm like "wow, that's here?!" I open it up and there's no manual and the case is scuffed hardcore and has stickers aplenty.

I did see complete copies of RE2 and 3 for the GC for 30 bucks, but I didn't bite because even for 40 percent off I can't justify that right now.

Anyway, I did luck out and picked up Super Monkey Ball 2 and Predator Concrete Jungle for about 14 total. I wanted to do more with the slip but their selections are just really losing their prestige. I also did finally pick up Dementium which I've wanted for a while, so now I've got a game to play on my upcoming trip.

#141 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:47 AM

Couldn't find much. I am damn sick to seeing generic cases or beaten up boxes of games with no manuals. Every time I see a game that happens to have its original case, I'm like "wow, that's here?!" I open it up and there's no manual and the case is scuffed hardcore and has stickers aplenty.

I did see complete copies of RE2 and 3 for the GC for 30 bucks, but I didn't bite because even for 40 percent off I can't justify that right now.

Anyway, I did luck out and picked up Super Monkey Ball 2 and Predator Concrete Jungle for about 14 total. I wanted to do more with the slip but their selections are just really losing their prestige. I also did finally pick up Dementium which I've wanted for a while, so now I've got a game to play on my upcoming trip.

I never worry about stickers, goo gone takes all that junk off, no problem.

sixteenvolt420.png

#142 dg7md

dg7md

Overall, one helluva pup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:50 AM

I never worry about stickers, goo gone takes all that junk off, no problem.

True, but the ones on the art of the game are a real bitch and can ruin the value of what you got with one little mistake by a landslide.

#143 FoxAlive

FoxAlive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:56 AM

I was about to grab either Ikarua or Code Veronic, both of them had no artwork cover, and yet GS takes of 50 cents if you trade in for a game without artwork. :bomb:

#144 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:58 AM

True, but the ones on the art of the game are a real bitch and can ruin the value of what you got with one little mistake by a landslide.

any game i've bought which the sticker was on the side of the art itself, have slowly peeled off with no problems. But then again, they were freshly put on there. I keep a close eye on my 2 gamestop quite regularly. I'm glad my gamestops don't stick the stickers on the art, they just slide the piece of paper with the sticker on it down the side.

sixteenvolt420.png

#145 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:00 AM

i still would've grabbed them and either traded them or sold them. i bought a disc only cubivore today, but i already owned a complete copy for myself.

sixteenvolt420.png

#146 ItsaMeMario

ItsaMeMario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:12 AM

Cubivore (Disc Only) (GCN) $14.99

i'm jealous, lol...i've been looking for Cubivore at GS for a year, and I have yet to see it :(

#147 Nathan_Sama

Nathan_Sama

I'm backwards compatable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:20 AM

meh
should i pony up for an edge card?

#148 ItsaMeMario

ItsaMeMario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:40 AM

meh

IMO if you're typically a generation behind in gaming, and have a tendency to "collect" (meaning you buy way more games than you actually have time to play), then the Edge card is well worth it...

#149 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:49 AM

meh

I would... If you buy $75 worth of games and trade in $75 worth of games then the edge card pays for itself.

#150 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 02:10 AM

i'm jealous, lol...i've been looking for Cubivore at GS for a year, and I have yet to see it :(

It's available. I already have a complete copy for my collection.

sixteenvolt420.png