Photo
- - - - -

GS/EB Ad for 6/27 - 7/3 w/ Coupon 30% Off Any Used Gamecube or Xbox Games (Limit 5)

• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#151 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:14 AM

I might re-buy Beyond Good and Evil for Gamecube... if I can find it in good shape, or at all. I never should have traded it in, considering its fairly hard to find the GC version now. I wish the Xbox version worked on the 360.

I went ahead and did this. I found a single used copy at a far away store (that I was traveling by tonight anyway) complete and in great condition. After coupon and Edge it was $8.99 (normally $14.99).
Posted Image

#152 Monroeski

Monroeski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:16 AM

Grabbed Pikmin and Pikmin 2, both complete and in GREAT condition. :D

Went to the XBox section looking for Mercenaries, and almost got Otogi 1 and 2, MGS2: Substance, and Sudeki, but I decided to check on the BC before I bought. Good thing I didn't buy them, because NONE of them were BC. Except, of course, Mercenaries (which I checked on before I went out), but they didn't have any copies of that.

Oh well, I'm more than happy with Pikmin 1 and 2 + saving my money for the (hopefully) inevitable b2g1 sale so I can load up on PS3 games.

#153 drtomoe123

drtomoe123

OBJECTION!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:24 AM

I'm VERY happy this coupon showed up, so I went ahead and used the gift card I had and picked up MGS: The Twin Snakes. After beating MGS4 for the billionth time, I really felt like replaying MGS, but I wanted something different, lol.

#154 wratih9

wratih9

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:41 AM

I ended up going a little over board with this coupon and used it 3 times:

Odama-$7.79
Resident Evil: Code Veronica-$14.99
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis-$17.99
Wario World-$5.99
Star Wars Rogue Leader-$3.59
Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble-$4.79
Resident Evil 2-$17.99
Prince of Persia: Twin Thrones-$7.79
Luigi's Mansion-$5.99
Tak 2: The Staff of Dreams-$2.99
Second Sight-$1.79
Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life-$8.99
Harvest Moon: Magical Melody-$10.79
Chronicles of Riddick$2.99

As you can see I'm a collector more than anything. This is probably one of the best deals I've gotten on games since the first 2 years of the CC clearance sale.
He who throws dirt loses ground.

#155 BrandonJ33

BrandonJ33

Alex Anderson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:13 AM

The two GS's I frequent had some good GC stuff, and most of it COMPLETE:

Aggressive Inline (disc only) - 2.69 (just 10% off)
Summoner: A Goddess Reborn - 2.99
Finding Nemo (disc only, for niece) - 3.59
F1 2002 - 5.99
Sonic Adventure DX - 7.19
Eternal Darkness (no manual) - 10.79
Pikmin - 14.99
Fire Emblem - 17.99 (pretty excited to finally come across a used copy of this)
3X Dance Dance Mario Mix - 29.99

Flipping the DDR games should pay for the rest of the stuff I got ;)

And best of all, they were processing an incoming shipment and had Wii Fit. My brother had put me in charge of finding one for my niece for XMas :p

#156 kearns710

kearns710

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:19 AM

i got CAGitis really bad...im goin down to the jersey shore tomorrow for a week, and i plan on finding a GS just so i can rock this coupon hard

#157 cindersphere

cindersphere

Running on no sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:35 AM

Was able to pick up resident evil 1,2,3,4, and code veronica for the gamecube. All complete and with manuals. Almost mint. I do have a question though, is animal crossing any good.
Religion ends and philosophy begins, just as alchemy ends and chemistry begins and astrology ends, and astronomy begins. - Christopher Hitchens 1949-2011

#158 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

Fan of Japanese Import Games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:49 AM

So, what are the most expensive games right now on the Gamecube aside from Pikmin 2, Ikaragua and Mario Power Tennis (and also excluding Zelda Twilight Princess)? Btw, I'm glad someone brought up "Cubivore" since that was the only Atlus game they brought from Japan to the US (original title: Doubutsu Banchou). I've never seen that game ever...and everyone knows how Atlus games print-wise are...so congrats to those who found it. I have seen Atlus "Go! Go! Hypergrind" which was one of the few games released in the US never released in Japan though...

Still deciding on the Resident Evil..I know the reviews were bad (mainly because of the pricing issue for an older game which was literally a direct port from the PSX and for the 3rd as a direct port from the Dreamcast). But I realized I traded in RE3 along ago (thought I had it still) and my RE2 disks have been played so many times...probably need to pick that one up as well. But at $17.99 with coupon and edge that would be great.

I noticed people buying Steel Battalion for XBOX. I've always wanted to buy the game when it first came out and had many chances to buy it with the specialized controller but never did. For those who bought the game, the special controller is needed though right?

And last, when I used the coupon...the guy was like "did you photocopy this?"... so, for those who are having hassles, kind of curious if there was some memo given to GS employees because I've been using these GS coupons for a long time now and it seems like all of a sudden, they are asking questions. Sometimes I'm curious if I'm the only one in my town who takes advantage of these.

Feel Free to Add me:
XB360/PSN: kndynt2099 | Wii CODE: 8397 9641 9718 7362 | 3DS CODE: 4141-2473-3225 | Steam

CHECK IT OUT -> J!-ENT 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL ISSUE (2013) (58MB/PDF)

#159 cindersphere

cindersphere

Running on no sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:02 AM

Resident Evil one wasn't a direct port. It had a added backstory, new characters, and a lot of unlockables.
Religion ends and philosophy begins, just as alchemy ends and chemistry begins and astrology ends, and astronomy begins. - Christopher Hitchens 1949-2011

#160 ItsaMeMario

ItsaMeMario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:03 AM

I noticed people buying Steel Battalion for XBOX. I've always wanted to buy the game when it first came out and had many chances to buy it with the specialized controller but never did. For those who bought the game, the special controller is needed though right?

i don't have the game, but i'm sure that the game requires the special controller...you can't play it with a regular xbox controller

And last, when I used the coupon...the guy was like "did you photocopy this?"... so, for those who are having hassles, kind of curious if there was some memo given to GS employees because I've been using these GS coupons for a long time now and it seems like all of a sudden, they are asking questions. Sometimes I'm curious if I'm the only one in my town who takes advantage of these.

I have luckily never had this problem in my experience, but i've heard lots about...WTF is up with GS employees/managers having a problem with customers using coupons...how can any retail store turn down a sale, especially when the customers who actually use their coupons probably spend way more than the average GS customer...

#161 theninja521

theninja521

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:13 AM

Didn't really get everything I was looking for today so after tax and discounts here was my catch for now.

Pirates The Legend of Black Kat- Xbox- $1.94
Donkey Konga 2- Gamecube- $8.43
Rogue Trooper- Xbox- $9.73
The Chronicles of Riddick- Xbox- $3.24

Fully intend to hit a couple more gamestops tomorrow at least to see if I can score Donkey Konga 1, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Battalion Wars, and Starfox Assault. On the plus side I hit Toys R Us and found a supprising ammount of good clearance games I had hoped to get, so that kinda makes up for my bad luck at gamestop.

#162 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:42 AM

Resident Evil one wasn't a direct port. It had a added backstory, new characters, and a lot of unlockables.

Oops...I mean Resident Evil 2 and 3: Nemesis

Feel Free to Add me:
XB360/PSN: kndynt2099 | Wii CODE: 8397 9641 9718 7362 | 3DS CODE: 4141-2473-3225 | Steam

#163 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:50 AM

Didn't really get everything I was looking for today so after tax and discounts here was my catch for now.

Pirates The Legend of Black Kat- Xbox- $1.94
Donkey Konga 2- Gamecube- $8.43
Rogue Trooper- Xbox- $9.73
The Chronicles of Riddick- Xbox- $3.24

Fully intend to hit a couple more gamestops tomorrow at least to see if I can score Donkey Konga 1, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Battalion Wars, and Starfox Assault. On the plus side I hit Toys R Us and found a supprising ammount of good clearance games I had hoped to get, so that kinda makes up for my bad luck at gamestop.

Those shouldn't be too hard, so you should be able to score those games. The games you are looking for were the same games I targeted last year and with this coupon def. worth it to get it now. I'm glad I took advantage of a GS sale last year on those konga's...they were selling them for $10 new and $5 used if I recall.

I recall there was a Mario DDR game...but I would assume that one is probably difficult to find used.

But with all these clearance sales...hehe...it's like I'm doing less driving out and using the money I would be spending on gas on these sales...

Feel Free to Add me:

#164 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:12 AM

I present to you... Chronis's guide to Ninja Gaiden!!

Also, the twin katanas, Dragon Claw and Tiger Fang, were added in NG: Sigma, so don't expect them to appear in NG or NG: Black.

NG Black DID include the Lunar, however, in the main storyline. It also gave you the nunchuks earlier in the game.

#165 dorsalphin

dorsalphin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:31 AM

I went ahead and did this. I found a single used copy at a far away store (that I was traveling by tonight anyway) complete and in great condition. After coupon and Edge it was $8.99 (normally $14.99).

Anyone know the item number for Beyond Good And Evil so I can search for it on their website? I'd love to pick this up but the Gamestop website only recognizes the ps2 and xbox versions of the game.

#166 lorne

lorne

Sweeping the Ruins

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:19 AM

Anyone know the item number for Beyond Good And Evil so I can search for it on their website? I'd love to pick this up but the Gamestop website only recognizes the ps2 and xbox versions of the game.

You have to click the Show backordered used products that may be in stores if the search doesn't show it.

Beyond Good and Evil - Used

#167 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:57 AM

I just started using this coupon.. It says limit 1 coupon per customer. So technically I can get denied if I return to the same store the next day to use the same coupon?? So do people mainly go to different stores in order to use the coupon multiple times, or does Gamestop really not care how many times it's used since it's printed from their website?

Thanks

#168 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:31 PM

I just started using this coupon.. It says limit 1 coupon per customer. So technically I can get denied if I return to the same store the next day to use the same coupon?? So do people mainly go to different stores in order to use the coupon multiple times, or does Gamestop really not care how many times it's used since it's printed from their website?

Thanks

They won't deny you. If they do just take it to another store, but I have used zillions of the things and have never been denied. I guess this also depends on the manager and workers at your gamestop though.

#169 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:00 PM

I've luckily never came across it. My regular GameStop knows when they see me at around 10-10:30 on a Friday, I'm there will multiple coupons. I normally have them separated out into separate transactions as I head to the counter, and they ring them up that way. They made a comment when I got my new printer to work on the settings to get it to scan so they didn't have to punch in the code each time. So I found the perfect setting and now they all scan.

I'm normally the first one to hit that particular GameStop and get the best pickings on games normally. I normally try to get a list the night before on which games are which of the 3 locations near me and setup a gameplan. Worked so far thankfully. Also, I wanted to thank you for your list, it reminded me of a few games I hadn't thought of for the cube.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#170 josekortez

josekortez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:02 PM

Thanks

Copy the heck out of it. I've have Gamestop managers tell me that's what it's there for.

I wish I had waited on purchasing GameCube games. I've been steadily buying the cheap ones lately, and many of them aren't half bad since I don't have the scratch for most of the $29.99-$59.99 Wii and 360 games I've been wanting. (Avoid Rocky if you can.)

I'm hoping I can find a good complete copy of Wario World since I've been wanting to play it and a copy of Crazy Taxi without water damage. The last one I encountered at Gamestop looked like someone had been playing with the case in the tub.

#171 josekortez

josekortez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:12 PM

So, what are the most expensive games right now on the Gamecube aside from Pikmin 2, Ikaragua and Mario Power Tennis (and also excluding Zelda Twilight Princess)? Btw, I'm glad someone brought up "Cubivore" since that was the only Atlus game they brought from Japan to the US (original title: Doubutsu Banchou). I've never seen that game ever...and everyone knows how Atlus games print-wise are...so congrats to those who found it. I have seen Atlus "Go! Go! Hypergrind" which was one of the few games released in the US never released in Japan though...

Actually, Nintendo released Cubivore in Japan as Animal Leader (original title: Doubutsu Banchou), not Atlus, so it was a first-party title. Atlus localized it here.

If you're going to act like an expert in every thread, make sure you have the correct information for everyone here.

;)

#172 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:03 PM

I'll def. check out my GS and see if there are a few sports games to pick up. As a collector, I admit I don't buy much at GS -- or at least I try to avoid used, scratched up games. The only exception would be games that clearly will hold no value like the Jak series; games I don't care much for but would like to play through. :-)

Not sure if there are many XBX games to pick up. Got lucky and scored a few leftovers at my local BB for next to nothing. At 74 games for my XBX (72 of which were bought new) -- not too many left to go for ... I was looking over my games the other day, and thought may be I should sell a few :-P

BTW, Pikmin is an awesome game. Still have Pikmin 2 sealed ...

#173 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:23 PM

Stuff i picked up today:

K-Mart
Nintendo Wii $249.99
PS2 Multitap (SCPH-70000 Series) $3.50

Gamestop #1
W/ 40% Off For Coupon And Edge Card
Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 (XBOX, Complete) $1.79
Ninja Gaiden Black (XBOX, Complete) $14.99
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (XBOX, Complete) $17.99
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis (GCN, Complete) $17.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Nightmare 3 (GCN, Complete) $10.79

Gamestop #2
Same As Previous, Except PS2 Games Was Only 10% Off
DDR Mario Mix (GCN, Game Complete, No Pad Or Outer Box) $29.99
Mario Power Tennis (GCN, Complete) $20.99
Megaman X Collection (GCN, Complete) $8.99
The Legend Of Zelda Collector's Edition (GCN, Complete) $20.99
The Legend Of Zelda Collector's Edition (GCN, Complete) $20.99
Okami (PS2, Complete) $24.29

All i am keeping for myself out of that stuff is PS2 Multitap, Okami, Mario Power Tennis, Megaman X Collection, and Ninja Gaiden Black.

sixteenvolt420.png

#174 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:30 PM

I didn't find much today, but did come across a Fable that is apparently Limited Edition. Never have seen one before, has a bonus disc and says Limited Edition Bonus DVD Included on the front. Wierd that I've never seen one before.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#175 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:36 PM

I really wish I had more money to spend right now. Theres a lot of cube games I wouldnt mind having for cheap:

Cubivore
Donkey Konga Junglebeat
Wario World
Mario Strikers
Mario Tennis
Mario Baseball
mario Golf
Baten kaitos 2
Skies of Srcadia Legends
Any Zelda game
Megaman X Collection

Only xbox game I'd want that I dont already own if I could find it is:

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

But the chances of that are close to nil.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#176 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:48 PM

I got a copy of The Guy Game (XB), for about $7.xx and picked up a Sega GT/JSRF for 60 cents or something.

They had copy of MvC2 (XB) but no manual... this has to be the 5th or 6th time I've seen this game (XB or PS2) and every single one had the case but no manual!:bomb:

I was hoping to get a copy of RE:CVX but no dice.

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#177 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:25 PM

Actually, Nintendo released Cubivore in Japan as Animal Leader (original title: Doubutsu Banchou), not Atlus, so it was a first-party title. Atlus localized it here.

If you're going to act like an expert in every thread, make sure you have the correct information for everyone here.

;)

Hehe...I stand corrected. Cubivore was released by Nintendo back in Feb. 2002 but localized in the US on Nov. 2002. As for expert, definitely not an expert....just a guy who has to cover a lot of entertainment in Japan and write about in the US (it's tough enough having to cover and keep up with all the music, video game, film and anime releases as it is). Didn't mean to tick you off. Usually when I post very early in the morning or post on forums, I just type quickly but probably should start proofreading what I post I suppose.

As for the coupons, in the past, I would print several and use them each day. But I believe the coupons had "one coupon per visit" awhile back. But noticed they started putting the "one coupon per customer" and some employees or managers in my area have just recently started to become strict on that. So, I just go to another store or come back later and see if they say anything. I don't know if they track these things on Edge card uses or not, so I don' t know.

Feel Free to Add me:

#178 hiamiyumi

hiamiyumi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:31 PM

Stuff i picked up today:

Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 (XBOX, Complete) $1.79

Is this game still playable? Might want to pik it up it at GS since it's only $2.99

#179 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:43 PM

Is this game still playable? Might want to pik it up it at GS since it's only $2.99

Online? According to a thread on another forum, the online play for the game has not been around in the past two months and people get a "maintenance" message. [Note: online for XBOX] But people are still posting quite a bit on GC and still writing about playing online on GC. If you are Wii owner, you can't play online with this game.

But definitely had fun playing the game on XBOX and now rebought it awhile back for the GC. Looking at threads on the GF thread for both XBOX and GC versions of the game, both threads are still active and people "rebuying" or just buying the game to play it. So, for $2.99, yeah...that's a great price for the game.

Feel Free to Add me:

#180 darkasian

darkasian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:51 PM

If this is going to be extended until 7/20...