CAGcast #124: Karmic Vomit

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
CheapyD and Wombat compare their most recent gross experiences, discuss new releases, the latest video game industry and shopping news, your CAGbag questions and much more!

Listen to details on how to win 1 of 4 $100 GameStop Gift Cards!

Review us on iTunes!
Join the CAGcast Facebook Group

[podcast]124[/podcast]
Download - 109 minutes, 44MB
[digg]http://digg.com/podcasts/CAGcast[/digg]
Past CAGcasts

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Picture
Xbox 360 "Raffle"
B&W Wedding Photo Style FTW

Last edited by a moderator:
Woohoo. It's cagcast friday! Well, for normal people. I assume only hardcore fans like me stay up all night and listen (or just stupid).
Man sometimes wombat it's okay to let a joke go. You beat that doobie brothers joke into the ground, defecated on it, then buried it alive and lit the whole area on fire. It's all about the timing my friend.

[quote name='DreadMech']so the bonus picture isn't of the stroller?[/quote]

Sorry, I washed it as soon as I got home (before the show).

I have to agree with Wombat - his Michael McDonald impression was pretty awesome.

I remember those horrible birth videos in Grade 5.

[quote name='KingBroly']Facebook...I'm not into the whole myspace/facebook/etc. thing.[/quote]

Oh, so are you one of those people that don't have friends? :cry:

I kid! I kid!

Awesome! Nightshift isonly possible Friday morning`s IF I get a Cagcast early enough :D

EDIT Sorry but this is the only time I wish I could tell wombat to shut the fuck up. That Michael McDonald impression was NOT funny. It sounded like he had a brain tumor and it was pushing some part of your brain that controls his motor-functions and verbal control.

I too saw that video of a woman birthing. It was on 9mm and it was during PhysEd class when I was 12....... oh god the memories....

Hey Cheapy, I think you should still report that guy who works for Amazon. He left CAG alone, but I'm sure he is doing the same crap on other sites.

i am in austria right now and will be in france for the rest of the summer. with no video games except for sum psp crappy games. this is my fix. yyyeeesssss

I picked up Ticket to Ride. It's pretty fun, though not that many people seem to be playing it online.
I wouldn't mind playing with some people here though. Give me a shout.

Alone in The Dark for Dreamcast was good but then everything else after that suck'd. I rather play Silent Hill 5

i think MGS4 is truly a game for it fans ... i really think they weren't try to bring in new fans for the series

Wombat gay job gave him a Spider-Man Style CockRing

CheapyD now you're more like a Mother then a Father lol

i would never have a Girlfriend that'll tell me i can't play Video Games you crazy? it wouldn't work

Holy Crap... Getting illegal copies of games for review purposes isn't stealling?? That's probably one of the dumbest things I've ever heard! Cheapy there is no way you can justify stealing - listen to Wombat!

Did you guys ever get paid by the Army after doing those ads a long time ago? I remember hearing that you didn't see anything right after the ads were done airing and I don't remember any kind of update on actually getting the money.

I have to agree with Cheapy about how hard it is for smaller sites to get games from publishers to even come close to the punctuality that the big sites can achieve. Even the publishers I get review copies from very rarely come earlier than the launch date, so you start off with a handicap by default. It's tough, but you have to make do with what you get and pirating the games is not the way to go.

Sony's not making good PSP games, Wombat? The majority of the great PSP games are from Sony (God of War, Hot Shots Golf, Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Patapon, Loco Roco, Field Commander, Jeanne D'Arc, Wipeout, Syphon Filter, MLB, and maybe that Ape Escape remake, though that's not a real platformer, right? ;)). Does Secret Agent Clank, which I haven't played yet, undo all of that now?

Is it ironic that Cheapy mentions that he doesn't need aa beautiful woman to host videos as long as it's someone whose opinion he respects, then says Major Nelson's getting old and that he should dye his hair and such to make himself look younger?

Everyone knows Sasquatch is gay and in love with a bionic astronaut.

That plastic dog that Wombat described reminded me of a toy I had as a kid called "Toby Terrier and His Video Pals".

180px-Toby_Terrier_and_His_Video_Pals_VHS_photos.JPG
120px-The_Toby_Terrier_Toy.jpg

Basically the stuffed dog interacts with the video on screen. I don't have him anymore but here's the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6UHqJFBEIw

The only thing I remember him doing is like sitting down and barking. I still liked those dogs that did backflips better though.

Great show, just one thing, you're almost completely wrong about the DRM migration tool for the 360.

I completed the process last night and it was really simple. You go to the DRM tool page, log into the XBOX.com site and then sign into LIVE with your 360. The system then sees that this is the chosen 360 and transfers all the content licences over to the 360 you signed in with.

Also, with re-downloading the content, it was really simple as once you find the content you want you press the A button, the guide pops open and you select "download again". You can then close the guide and the list remains open so you don't have to keep scrolling through all of the content a second time.

Once again great show guys.

[quote name='Boblious']Holy Crap... Getting illegal copies of games for review purposes isn't stealling?? That's probably one of the dumbest things I've ever heard! Cheapy there is no way you can justify stealing - listen to Wombat![/quote]
I did not say that...I merely threw it out there for discussion.

Cheapy is right. Why should I have to pay to play your shitty game in order to tell others it's shitty? Either give me the goods, or I'll get them myself. At the end of the day, it won't amount to much anyway. I'd have wasted my time playing your game just so that all five of my "fans" know it sucks.

Note to Atari: If you want a high score from me, just attach some monies with a note saying what score you want.

hell.. why even bother downloading the game to review it. just reword someone else's review and post that! It aint much different.

I have no sympathy for websites that pirate software. I buy software, they should to. Its INSANE to be stealing from the industry you are supposed to be covering/supporting.

Those guys can die in a fire. Theft is theft and its worse for industry media to be doing/supporting/promoting it.

DAYAM, that puke story was awesome. And i can't believe Cheapy met Mark McDonald!!! He was one of my fave hosts on the 1up podcasts until he left. Two internet celebrities unite! Cheapy, you gonna meet up with him again in the future?

Wombat, do not ever sing again, that was sooooooo annoying, lol...

Btw, detective Cheapy tracking down that affiliate cheater was an awesome story too!

P.S. Mikey is pussy whipped up the ass!

Great CAGCast as usual, guys.

Hey, Cheapy - Any chance of having Mark MacDonald on the 'Cast as a guest? That'd be great. Would've liked to have heard more about your lunch but Wombat was too busy with his Doobie impersonation!

Decent show...

Cheapy please don't tell that guy's story again about his Wife Not allowing him to have an xbox. That shit got on my nerves. If he isn't man enough to tell his wife he's even keeping a free xbox then he's obviously doesn't deserve one. I can understand holding off on buying something for finances. And then to say "that's going on ebay" during the reception. Tell your friend to get some balls and be a man. [No man should let a woman rule them like that]

Wombat - were you saying that the PSP doesn't have good games, or Sony themselves need to make good games for it. Because there's plenty of great 3rd party games.

Cheapy did you warn other sites about the affliliate link terrorist? I'm betting he's out there on FW, SD, and other sites taking their revenue too. I say you pull the trigger on him, Robocop beretta style.

holy shit, that JimmieMac v-mail is classic. i wonder who temp banned him anyways? lol...

Those Nintendo games you guys slightly commented on, at least Wario Land: Shake It and Kirby Super Star Ultra.

Wario Land (Not Wario Ware) is a 2D platformer, yes. Sure theres not really that much info out there for the game yet, but other than being a retail Wii game its got 2D animated sprites, hand painted backgrounds, 2D animation from Production I.G. (Same folks who did some other animated shows like Ghost in the Shell).

Kirby Super Star Ultra is an 'upgraded' port of Kirby Super Star from the Super NES. Which was a compilation of 9+ games. The best part being that every game was new and offered a unique playing style. With just about everything in-tact, including 2 player across two systems, and the usual shovel of worthless 4 player mini games.

I hate to sound like some worthless nerd going over facts that nobody really cares about but...I dont know.

Hey guys,

heads up on the DRM tool from Microsoft.

I eagerly ran through it last night consolidating all the licenses from all four of my 360s. It was a breeze, but still a pain in the ass to go through and individually re-download every single thing you have ever downloaded before.

Since I kept my hard drive from my original 360 I didn't have to actually download the content, just re-download the license I suppose. Each download only took a few seconds, but with 180 items on my list it did take a while to finish. Granted, a lot of the content was crap demos and what not that I no longer wanted/needed so I just skipped over them and downloaded only the good stuff.

Overall the process is worth the payoff, and I'm happy that my wife will no longer yell at me because she can't play Geometry Wars on her account anymore.

I am however nervous about the 'once every 12 months' restriction on this tool, as this is my fourth 360, and I doubt it will be my last.

In regards to the DRM 'how-to' video, Major Nelson looks like he's either high or sleep-walking. Here's one nerd video that could have benefited from a pair or two of double dragons.

Speaking of double dragons, anyone remember Ronilyn Reilly? I haven't seen her in eons, but YOWZA!

[quote name='Tengaport']Hey guys,

heads up on the DRM tool from Microsoft.

I eagerly ran through it last night consolidating all the licenses from all four of my 360s. It was a breeze, but still a pain in the ass to go through and individually re-download every single thing you have ever downloaded before.

Since I kept my hard drive from my original 360 I didn't have to actually download the content, just re-download the license I suppose. Each download only took a few seconds, but with 180 items on my list it did take a while to finish. Granted, a lot of the content was crap demos and what not that I no longer wanted/needed so I just skipped over them and downloaded only the good stuff.

Overall the process is worth the payoff, and I'm happy that my wife will no longer yell at me because she can't play Geometry Wars on her account anymore.

I am however nervous about the 'once every 12 months' restriction on this tool, as this is my fourth 360, and I doubt it will be my last.

In regards to the DRM 'how-to' video, Major Nelson looks like he's either high or sleep-walking. Here's one nerd video that could have benefited from a pair or two of double dragons.

Speaking of double dragons, anyone remember Ronilyn Reilly? I haven't seen her in eons, but YOWZA![/quote]
if you're worried about ur 360 dying again before 12 months is up... i think it doesn't matter. MS will do the license migration for you to the new console. Now that it's such a seamless process, i dont see why they wouldn't put that in as a required step in the repair service.

btw Cheapy, when you were talking about the new PS3 firmware and said there were "Friends categories" to categorize your friends... i think that's actually a lack of bullets. I thought that's what it was too but looknig at the rest of the list you see things like "music categories" and then everything under there is about music.

Cheapy, the First 3 MGS games even with the all the CS total to maybe 30hrs if your slow at playing them. Which is about the same amount of time MGS4 totals alone. :)

[quote name='SAGExSDX']btw Cheapy, when you were talking about the new PS3 firmware and said there were "Friends categories" to categorize your friends... i think that's actually a lack of bullets. I thought that's what it was too but looknig at the rest of the list you see things like "music categories" and then everything under there is about music.[/quote]
I think it's referring to the friends tab of the XMB, not some new friend categorization system.

"It was almost like you had a job that day."

I had to keep myself from laughing out loud so the people in the cubes around me didn't think I was crazy.

David: Hey, Paula.
Paula: Yeah?
David: I gotta tell you something. I'm really excited about it. Uh, for the first time, today, I woke up, I came to the store, and I - I feel confident to say to you that if you don't take this Michael McDonald DVD - that you've been playing for two years straight - off, I'm going to kill everyone in the store and put a bullet in my brain!
Paula: David, what do you suggest we play?
David: I don't care. Anything! I would rather - I would rather watch "Beautician And The Beast". I would rather listen to Fran Drescher for eight hours than have to listen to Michael McDonald. Nothin' against him, but if I hear "Yah Mo B There" one more time, "Yah Mo" burn this place to the ground.
Paula: You're such a smartass. Get back on the floor!
[Paula walks away]
David: [cough-mutters] Ah-fuck you!

bread's done
Back