Preorder NCAA '09, get a "Trade 2 360/Wii/PS3, get an extra $15" coupon

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#31 pinoy530

pinoy530

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:04 AM

The coupons I saw said that items with a trade value of $4 or less were excluded. (sorry I didn't get one to scan)

dang it, I held on to the two games I was going to trade in, because this was $5 more, but my games won't qualify for this one

#32 SNKMat

SNKMat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:21 AM

Time to get more TIV

#33 djkunai

djkunai

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:11 AM

You're supposed to get this with an NCAA 09 preorder, but the barcodes are not unique. This is the same as a weekly email coupon (can be used by anyone, just scan it).

Posted Image

Enjoy.
Posted Image

#34 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:16 AM

hmm, but was this a physical coupon. Would this work if printed?

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#35 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:26 AM

DJKunai is about to get some fat stacks with this coupon. Real brief.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#36 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:39 PM

what are some games that have a minimum of a $4 trade in value?

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#37 Lamplitersniper

Lamplitersniper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:56 PM

Well if anyone is able to use a printed copy Id love to know. Ive seen the cards in the store and they are more credit card plastic type then printer paper type so I dont know if this will fly.

#38 starscream1101

starscream1101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:06 PM

Trade any games towards the reservation or purchase of GH: Aerosmith (PS2, PS3, 360, Wii), Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) or NCAA '09 (XB360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii) and receive an extra 20% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 06/29/2008. Full trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of title. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers.

Is it stackable with this?

#39 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:23 PM

"cannot be combined with any offer"

I'd say probably not.

But as Kunai said, you get the coupon for pre-ordering the game. You can always cancel the pre-order and keep the coupon.

538822.png

#40 starscream1101

starscream1101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:24 PM

Ok...I guess I need to read better. Thanks :)

#41 djkunai

djkunai

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:35 PM

I'd like to request OP add "SCANS" to the title so people realize they no longer have to preorder in order to get the deal.
Posted Image

#42 IOnceWasLegend

IOnceWasLegend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:17 PM

I'd like to request OP add "SCANS" to the title so people realize they no longer have to preorder in order to get the deal.

Duly noted, and taken care of. Thanks for the scans!
Posted Image

#43 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:50 AM

Nice it doesn't expire for about 6 weeks :)

I think I might use this as an excuse to get Operation Darkness
Posted ImagePosted Image

#44 judgeTurpin

judgeTurpin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:52 AM

i tried the coupon today and it works...thanx a lot kunai...

Currently playing:

:wii:
 : Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

:wiiu: : Mario Kart 8

:pc: : Fifa World Beta

#45 djkunai

djkunai

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:13 AM

The CAG formerly known as Legend, could you change the title to "GameStop Extra $10 Trade BONUS on 2 Wii, 360 or PS3 games" since everyone seems to still be ignoring this thread?
Posted Image

#46 Xfactor4

Xfactor4

Come and get some

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:21 AM

i tried the coupon today and it works...thanx a lot kunai...

I tried the scanned / printed coupon today and got shot down ( Sucks too 'cuz I printed like 40 of them ! hahaha) The guy read it and told me no photocopies allowed and promptly pulled out the original small credit card sized cardboard card and said what I was holding a copy of the back of the original coupon for pre-ordering the NCAA football game. He was a jerk. I just told him, fine, I will go ahead and pre-order the game then and promptly did that so I could get my extra $15 trade in bonus. I will just go back and cancel it on him later.

Also, just FYI, it only works on 2 games in a single transaction. I tried to use it when I traded in 6 games at once and he scanned it into the system but the $10 bonus promo OVERRODE the coupon and it would not give the extra $15.

Then, I went to a different Gamestop and used the original coupon with just 2 games in the transaction and it worked perfectly ! NOTE: It also says ONE COUPON PER CUSTOMER but I am sure that won't stop many CAGS ! ;) I suppose you could also just drive to a bunch of different Gamestops and pre-order OR find some THICK employees who will take the scan without reading it but I am a bit gun shy now after being shot down. SO using the scanned back of the coupon is VERY YMMV IMHO....

Xfactor

#47 Lamplitersniper

Lamplitersniper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:23 AM

I tried the scanned / printed coupon today and got shot down ( Sucks too 'cuz I printed like 40 of them ! hahaha) The guy read it and told me no photocopies allowed and promptly pulled out the original small credit card sized cardboard card and said what I was holding a copy of the back of the original coupon for pre-ordering the NCAA football game. He was a jerk. I just told him, fine, I will go ahead and pre-order the game then and promptly did that so I could get my extra $15 trade in bonus. I will just go back and cancel it on him later.

Also, just FYI, it only works on 2 games in a single transaction. I tried to use it when I traded in 6 games at once and he scanned it into the system but the $10 bonus promo OVERRODE the coupon and it would not give the extra $15.

Then, I went to a different Gamestop and used the original coupon with just 2 games in the transaction and it worked perfectly ! NOTE: It also says ONE COUPON PER CUSTOMER but I am sure that won't stop many CAGS ! ;) I suppose you could also just drive to a bunch of different Gamestops and pre-order OR find some THICK employees who will take the scan without reading it but I am a bit gun shy now after being shot down. SO using the scanned back of the coupon is VERY YMMV IMHO....

Xfactor

I used it today no problem. He even looked it over and said is this from ordering NCAA and i said yep. He then scanned it and all was fine.

On a sidenote I was ready for a reason for the printout with "I preordered online and they sent me the coupon via email".

I dont see why that wouldnt work.

#48 Xfactor4

Xfactor4

Come and get some

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:26 AM

....On a sidenote I was ready for a reason for the printout with "I preordered online and they sent me the coupon via email"...

:applause: Oh thats good.... 8-) Still YMMV though...

#49 UCLAevo

UCLAevo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:26 AM

i tried to use it 3 times
1) guy thought it was for 2 games of same platform, but offered to scan it for me anyway, and it worked like a charm
2) guy claimed he needed the full email printout to verify my identity/preorder status
3) girl took the coupon, and it scanned, but maybe splinter cell: da for 360 at an even $4 is too low and i only got +$10

#50 io

io

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:22 AM

I had no problem getting them to accept the scan but it didn't work even though my games were over $4. Thing is, I also traded 2 games under $4. I was expecting to get the $15 bonus on the first pair and the $10 bonus on the second pair. However, neither worked and he had to override to get the bonuses in. They were scanned in the right orde too (The 2 $4+ games first, followed by the other pair). It all worked out in the end (even got about 50 cents more than I should have) but the receipt is a mess.

If anyone is interested, I posted it in the GS $10 promo thread:

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=1013

So, I guess from now on the key is to separate the $4+ games into a separate transaction.

#51 djkunai

djkunai

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:24 AM

I had no problem getting them to accept the scan but it didn't work even though my games were over $4. Thing is, I also traded 2 games under $4. I was expecting to get the $15 bonus on the first pair and the $10 bonus on the second pair. However, neither worked and he had to override to get the bonuses in. They were scanned in the right orde too (The 2 $4+ games first, followed by the other pair). It all worked out in the end (even got about 50 cents more than I should have) but the receipt is a mess.

If anyone is interested, I posted it in the GS $10 promo thread:

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=1013

So, I guess from now on the key is to separate the $4+ games into a separate transaction.

The $15 bonus must be activated before the system automatically does the $10 bonus. It also only allows 1 bonus for each transaction.
Posted Image

#52 Hollywood

Hollywood

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:32 AM

Pretty much a crap deal unless you have a couple of junk games that won't draw anything just to get $15 free. Otherwise I'm guessing Best Buy or Circuit City will probably offer some deal on the game, like a free gift card or promo item.

#53 djkunai

djkunai

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:36 AM

Pretty much a crap deal unless you have a couple of junk games that won't draw anything just to get $15 free. Otherwise I'm guessing Best Buy or Circuit City will probably offer some deal on the game, like a free gift card or promo item.

You don't go to Blockbuster much, do you?
Posted Image

#54 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:08 PM

here's a clean-up of the scan I did:

Posted Image

#55 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:54 PM

thankz i guess i'm getting NCAA Football 09 at gamestop

#56 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:04 PM

You don't go to Blockbuster much, do you?

why i have alot of blockbuster should i go there for cheap games

#57 soonerdoc

soonerdoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 05:53 AM

multiple coupons on one page...hope this helps someone

Posted Image

#58 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 06:25 AM

Why, it certainly helped me, soonerdoc. Thanks a ton!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#59 io

io

Posted 05 July 2008 - 07:35 AM

I'm 2-for-2 on using this so far. We'll see how far i can take it when I start getting the B1G1 games from Blockbuster to trade in. The only problem with this coupon is how it gets hosed up with any other game trades on the same receipt. And we all know they like to pile on as many things onto one receipt as they can so it is hard to get them not to take all your trades at once (so you can do the 2 for $15 and the rest as regular $10 ones).

#60 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:21 AM

u do have to preorder NCAA 09 because the cards are in the preorder free and saids on the card