Preorder NCAA '09, get a "Trade 2 360/Wii/PS3, get an extra $15" coupon

IOnceWasLegend

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just a heads up; we were told at work today that, on June 30th, we're going to be getting coupons for those who have pre-ordered NCAA '09; namely, trade two Wii/PS3/360 games in, get an extra $15. I'm pretty sure it didn't specify a limit, so just thought I'd throw that out there for people.

EDIT: Thanks, DJ Kunai, for the scans.

sc05ea8715.jpg

[quote name='IOnceWasLegend']Just a heads up; we were told at work today that, on June 30th, we're going to be getting coupons for those who have pre-ordered NCAA '09; namely, trade two Wii/PS3/360 games in, get an extra $15. I'm pretty sure it didn't specify a limit, so just thought I'd throw that out there for people.[/quote]

thanks for the heads up man, if you can get a hold of one by that date try to get it scanned....thanks

Hmm, this is a better deal than the current $10 trade in bonus. Maybe I'll hold onto my games and take advantage of this. Did anyone have any luck getting a scan?

[quote name='FoxAlive']wait, what? Is the trade 2 get extra $15 good for anything or only NCA 09?[/quote]

It sounds like it is a deal specifically for NCAA 09.

Is there an exclusions list?

[quote name='RawisJericho']It sounds like it is a deal specifically for NCAA 09.

Is there an exclusions list?[/quote]

I'm not into sports game how about trading in to get the bonus store credit, then returning NCAA 09 a few days later to get the credit back?

[quote name='FoxAlive']I'm not into sports game how about trading in to get the bonus store credit, then returning NCAA 09 a few days later to get the credit back?[/quote]

Just trade the games in towards a preorder of NCAA 09, put $5 of trade in credit down to reserve NCAA and put the balance on your edge card. Then just cancel the preorder after the game releases and get your $5 back.

As far as holding onto games until then, for all we know, the trade-in values might go down in a few days when this extra $15 thing happens. Just kinda guessing here; but if that happens, the extra $5 might not be worth it. Plus the hassle of pre-ordering MCAA 09 (unless you actually want it, that is).

I have 6 games to trade, I'm just gonna go ahead and do it today.

Ok I just got a phone call from GS about this....... They said stop in and pick up your coupons NOW and they are available as supplies last.. So if you preordered NCAA 09 already expect a call.

[quote name='$hady']Ok I just got a phone call from GS about this....... They said stop in and pick up your coupons NOW and they are available as supplies last.. So if you preordered NCAA 09 already expect a call.[/QUOTE]

Just got the call as well.

Sooo is there any confirmation on what exactly this promo is?

My understanding:

Preorder NCAA09
Get a coupon that you can use (during a preset time frame im assuming) to trade in any 2 next gen games and get a $15 bonus on top of the TIV credit.

It doesnt have to be applied to the NCAA09 game.

Does that sound right? If so this could be more epic then the past one depending on how many $15 credits you get (as in 2 games only or multiples of 2 each get $15).

They had the coupons out at my local EB, took a couple. They expire on 8/17/08. I did preorder NCAA at the time, but I think the stack was for anyone to take.

Columbia, MO Gamestop.

I am pretty sure it only works on two games, but I'm not sure.

[quote name='jeromechef']They had the coupons out at my local EB, took a couple. They expire on 8/17/08. I did preorder NCAA at the time, but I think the stack was for anyone to take.

Columbia, MO Gamestop.

I am pretty sure it only works on two games, but I'm not sure.[/quote]

Can you scan/post the coupon? And even if its only 2 games at a store. You can prob get more of the coupon and go to other stores. I know I have about 10 GS's within 25 miles of me.

Hate to burst all the "Post a Scan" posts, but the stores got an email to not accept any scanned or photocopied coupons for this, so it's going to be YMMV if/when one gets posted

[quote name='hysterisch']Hate to burst all the "Post a Scan" posts, but the stores got an email to not accept any scanned or photocopied coupons for this, so it's going to be YMMV if/when one gets posted[/quote]

Well thats fine but I just want to see the coupon and get the details off of it to maybe clear up EXACTLY what the promo is.

Hey, hysterisch, can you give us the details for the coupon since we dont have a scan yet? Like can u trade in 4 games and get an extra $30 or is it just for 2 games? thanks

[quote name='whatup5']Hey, hysterisch, can you give us the details for the coupon since we dont have a scan yet? Like can u trade in 4 games and get an extra $30 or is it just for 2 games? thanks[/quote]

I didn't see them in my marketing box, so I'm going to have to look again. I haven't actually seen the coupon yet myself, so I'm not sure of all the details yet.

[quote name='hysterisch']I didn't see them in my marketing box, so I'm going to have to look again. I haven't actually seen the coupon yet myself, so I'm not sure of all the details yet.[/QUOTE]

got a automated call last night ("for those who have preordered NCAA 2009") telling me I could pick up the coupon at my local Gamestop. I happened to be near the store today while I was out and stopped in - no one there had heard of the deal or the coupon, including the manager who normally is very informed about all the deals and coupons.

Sorry, been busy the past couple days and forgot to stop in. The coupon's good for general credit, not just applied towards NCAA '09, and--if anybody says they haven't heard of it/don't know anything about it--ask them to check the Store Informer over the last few days. I think it was either the 23rd, 24th, or 25th when we received the e-mail for this.

As for the people posting about scans and such, yeah; I seem to remember there being something about no scanned/photocopied coupons.

Just came back from my local GS around the corner before the above post's info. They had never heard of the coupon. however, they found the extra 20% off UPC and tried to stack. Obviously, it didn't work. I'll try another GS with the above information. I only have two more Wii games to turn in and would like to grab that extra $5.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Just trade the games in towards a preorder of NCAA 09, put $5 of trade in credit down to reserve NCAA and put the balance on your edge card. Then just cancel the preorder after the game releases and get your $5 back.[/quote]

so how are people doing the trade ins? This sounds like a good plan as I have no intention of playing NCAA 09

Also sounds to good to be true can I dump 4 games across from each platforming earning an extra $30 or do I need to trade in on seperate transactions to gain the $15 extra each?

Get an extra $15 trade-in credit when you trade 2 3PS3, Wii, or 360 games.

Coupon code- EBC3005949 (can be entereed manually).

Games with a trade value of $4.00 or less are excluded from this offer. Cannot be combined with other offers, trades must be in working condition, etc. Not good for cash trades. Expires 8/1708.

Scans coming tonight.

Do both games have to be for same system?
If there is no limit, it's gonna be game hunting time at BBV.

I picked up one of these tonight...it was sitting on the shelf at register desk when I was buying some games, so I grabbed one....The front says "by reserving any version of NCAA football 09, this coupon entitles you to trade 2 xbox 360, PS3, or Wii games and get an extra $15 trade-in credit'.

The wording is a bit unclear if it has to be done in one transaction/same transaction as the reserve or if this coupon is something you are supposed to get AFTER you make the reserve.

The back, which has big UPC code to be scanned, doesn't say anything about having to buy NCAA football 09 in the small print.

The coupon is on high grade glossy card stock, so no one who knows what is supposed to look like and feel like will be fooled by a home printed one.

[quote name='K_G']I picked up one of these tonight...it was sitting on the shelf at register desk when I was buying some games, so I grabbed one....The front says "by reserving any version of NCAA football 09, this coupon entitles you to trade 2 xbox 360, PS3, or Wii games and get an extra $15 trade-in credit'.

The wording is a bit unclear if it has to be done in one transaction/same transaction as the reserve or if this coupon is something you are supposed to get AFTER you make the reserve.

The back, which has big UPC code to be scanned, doesn't say anything about having to buy NCAA football 09 in the small print.

The coupon is on high grade glossy card stock, so no one who knows what is supposed to look like and feel like will be fooled by a home printed one.[/quote]

I don' t think anyone is trying to fool anyone. People just don't want to go through the motions to reserve it and then cancel the reservation. I know at least one of my GS's will understand and most likely just give me a card. Also, if the coupon can be entered manually (as Kunai stated) then a copy could work just fine if they are not dicks about it.

[quote name='K_G']I picked up one of these tonight...it was sitting on the shelf at register desk when I was buying some games, so I grabbed one....The front says "by reserving any version of NCAA football 09, this coupon entitles you to trade 2 xbox 360, PS3, or Wii games and get an extra $15 trade-in credit'.

The coupon is on high grade glossy card stock, so no one who knows what is supposed to look like and feel like will be fooled by a home printed one.[/quote]

bummer, I cleaned out most of the games from BBV already, was hoping to find 2 trade in for the bonus 15 find another 2 and trade in for more. But since it's on a 1 transaction, there's no way around it? :roll:

[quote name='xbpendragon']The coupons I saw said that items with a trade value of $4 or less were excluded. (sorry I didn't get one to scan)[/QUOTE]

dang it, I held on to the two games I was going to trade in, because this was $5 more, but my games won't qualify for this one

You're supposed to get this with an NCAA 09 preorder, but the barcodes are not unique. This is the same as a weekly email coupon (can be used by anyone, just scan it).

sc05ea8715.jpg

Enjoy.

Well if anyone is able to use a printed copy Id love to know. Ive seen the cards in the store and they are more credit card plastic type then printer paper type so I dont know if this will fly.

Trade any games towards the reservation or purchase of GH: Aerosmith (PS2, PS3, 360, Wii), Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) or NCAA '09 (XB360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii) and receive an extra 20% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 06/29/2008. Full trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of title. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers.

Is it stackable with this?

"cannot be combined with any offer"

I'd say probably not.

But as Kunai said, you get the coupon for pre-ordering the game. You can always cancel the pre-order and keep the coupon.

I'd like to request OP add "SCANS" to the title so people realize they no longer have to preorder in order to get the deal.

[quote name='djkunai']I'd like to request OP add "SCANS" to the title so people realize they no longer have to preorder in order to get the deal.[/quote]

Duly noted, and taken care of. Thanks for the scans!

The CAG formerly known as Legend, could you change the title to "GameStop Extra $10 Trade BONUS on 2 Wii, 360 or PS3 games" since everyone seems to still be ignoring this thread?

[quote name='judgeTurpin']i tried the coupon today and it works...thanx a lot kunai...[/quote]

I tried the scanned / printed coupon today and got shot down ( Sucks too 'cuz I printed like 40 of them ! hahaha) The guy read it and told me no photocopies allowed and promptly pulled out the original small credit card sized cardboard card and said what I was holding a copy of the back of the original coupon for pre-ordering the NCAA football game. He was a jerk. I just told him, fine, I will go ahead and pre-order the game then and promptly did that so I could get my extra $15 trade in bonus. I will just go back and cancel it on him later.

Also, just FYI, it only works on 2 games in a single transaction. I tried to use it when I traded in 6 games at once and he scanned it into the system but the $10 bonus promo OVERRODE the coupon and it would not give the extra $15.

Then, I went to a different Gamestop and used the original coupon with just 2 games in the transaction and it worked perfectly ! NOTE: It also says ONE COUPON PER CUSTOMER but I am sure that won't stop many CAGS ! ;) I suppose you could also just drive to a bunch of different Gamestops and pre-order OR find some THICK employees who will take the scan without reading it but I am a bit gun shy now after being shot down. SO using the scanned back of the coupon is VERY YMMV IMHO....

Xfactor

[quote name='Xfactor4']I tried the scanned / printed coupon today and got shot down ( Sucks too 'cuz I printed like 40 of them ! hahaha) The guy read it and told me no photocopies allowed and promptly pulled out the original small credit card sized cardboard card and said what I was holding a copy of the back of the original coupon for pre-ordering the NCAA football game. He was a jerk. I just told him, fine, I will go ahead and pre-order the game then and promptly did that so I could get my extra $15 trade in bonus. I will just go back and cancel it on him later.

Also, just FYI, it only works on 2 games in a single transaction. I tried to use it when I traded in 6 games at once and he scanned it into the system but the $10 bonus promo OVERRODE the coupon and it would not give the extra $15.

Then, I went to a different Gamestop and used the original coupon with just 2 games in the transaction and it worked perfectly ! NOTE: It also says ONE COUPON PER CUSTOMER but I am sure that won't stop many CAGS ! ;) I suppose you could also just drive to a bunch of different Gamestops and pre-order OR find some THICK employees who will take the scan without reading it but I am a bit gun shy now after being shot down. SO using the scanned back of the coupon is VERY YMMV IMHO....

Xfactor[/quote]

I used it today no problem. He even looked it over and said is this from ordering NCAA and i said yep. He then scanned it and all was fine.

On a sidenote I was ready for a reason for the printout with "I preordered online and they sent me the coupon via email".

I dont see why that wouldnt work.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']....On a sidenote I was ready for a reason for the printout with "I preordered online and they sent me the coupon via email"...[/quote]

:applause: Oh thats good.... :cool: Still YMMV though...

i tried to use it 3 times
1) guy thought it was for 2 games of same platform, but offered to scan it for me anyway, and it worked like a charm
2) guy claimed he needed the full email printout to verify my identity/preorder status
3) girl took the coupon, and it scanned, but maybe splinter cell: da for 360 at an even $4 is too low and i only got +$10

bread's done
Back