GameStop Game Days Final clearance starts 6/30

• Please log in to reply
310 replies to this topic

#271 funkflexmctough

funkflexmctough

Mmmm.....deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:42 PM

2 of the 3 "gutted" games I got seemed never to be used. They were pristine and had that "POP" that only a new game makes when being removed from the case. Other was fine too. I don't care anyway, most of my games are used. I just look for complete when possible.

:360:
Burnout Revenge $13
C&C Tiberiun Wars $13
Need for Speed Carbon $10

I'm happy with those prices!
Posted Image

i buy that used games .i don,t have any problem

#272 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:30 AM

2 of the 3 "gutted" games I got seemed never to be used. They were pristine and had that "POP" that only a new game makes when being removed from the case. Other was fine too. I don't care anyway, most of my games are used. I just look for complete when possible.

:360:
Burnout Revenge $13
C&C Tiberiun Wars $13
Need for Speed Carbon $10

I'm happy with those prices!

Sorry for the noobish question. Was a coupon needed to get C&C at $13?

#273 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:33 AM

Where's my popcorn?? I love the back and forth bickering.............. :)

#274 helava

helava

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:53 AM

I got a copy of Dementium: The Ward from the Gamedays sale, and it had a save game on it. Not new. Of course, because the seal was broken, there was no way to tell...

...which is the *obvious* point. Played or not played doesn't matter because no one can tell on something like a DVD whether it's ever been put in the player or not. You pay for something new to get it in a state where you do have some nominal guarantee that what you're getting is, in fact, new. Gutted games aren't new. Period. The only people who would be arguing otherwise are people who don't care about being obviously ripped off. They're welcome to their opinion, and they're welcome to throw their money away as well.

#275 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 04:08 AM

...once again, why do people continue to complain about this in this thread? Is the GameStop policy thread? Nope. It's a thread about a deal. Take it elsewere.

Edited by bigdaddybruce44, 05 July 2008 - 04:11 AM.

#276 ohram

ohram

Posted 05 July 2008 - 04:11 AM

Just got back from gamespot. It was really worth it for me. Black label Way of the Samurai 2. I don't think it was final clearance but it was in that bin. $20, Crash Bandicoot box set, three different games $20, Dead or Alive Ultimate collectors addition with the box and everything, $9, Ace Combat zero $15, Soul Calibur III $9. Today worked out pretty well. I've been looking for some of these games. Also found a Joker bobble head at a book store. A little expensive. But worth it.

#277 newlu

newlu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 04:14 AM

...once again, why do people continue to complain about this in this thread? Is the GameStop policy thread? Nope. It's a thread about a deal. Take it elsewere.

agreed

#278 dcswirl

dcswirl

You'll Never Walk Alone

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 06:41 AM

Went back today and picked up Brave Story for PSP for $16.

#279 dg7md

dg7md

Overall, one helluva pup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 06:57 AM

New =/= sealed. For some people new means unplayed by anyone. And just because it is gutted, doesn't mean it's been played.

Actually, it almost guarantees it. GS employees can play the copies as per many have said on here. I'm sure they take good care of it, but it's a principle issue not the actual condition itself.

I passed up Tekken 5 for 9 dollars, I might go back and pick it up, but I'm not sure yet; we'll see.

#280 funkflexmctough

funkflexmctough

Mmmm.....deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:19 AM

Sorry for the noobish question. Was a coupon needed to get C&C at $13?

apology accepted
Posted Image

i buy that used games .i don,t have any problem

#281 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:35 AM

apology accepted

What's with some people on forums lately? You can reply but not help? I was only asking because the website is not reflecting the Gamedays clearance pricing.

I wanted to know if I find a copy stickered at $24.99 it will ring $13 at all stores.

TIA

#282 FiendCameron

FiendCameron

xGrindxMoshx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:46 AM

It should ring up at $13. Just like for the regular Game Days sale, coupons are not needed. And why the hell are people being such fucking assholes on here? srsly. guy just asked a question....

#283 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:46 AM

Actually, it almost guarantees it. GS employees can play the copies as per many have said on here. I'm sure they take good care of it, but it's a principle issue not the actual condition itself.

#-o#-o
There are dozens, maybe hundreds of gutted games behind the counter. You think anyone cares to play most of them? When my Gamestop has gutted 15 copies of Monster Hunter Freedom 2, you're telling me that I'm "almost guaranteed" to get one that's played? :roll:

As for helava's claim that people are being "obviously ripped off," I'm not sure what other store is offering these games at these prices. MHF2 is 60% off right now. Even if you were to consider it used, it would be 55% off.

#284 bassec

bassec

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 02:14 PM

Is this going on today still?

#285 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:15 PM

Is this going on today still?

Yes. I believe somewhere in this thread it's mentioned when this ends, but you'll definitely be good today.

#286 newlu

newlu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:21 PM

Is MHF2 part of the final clearance deal?
My 2 local GBs told me that it went back up to the original price.
Just wondering if it's true or not

#287 Keyserbjj

Keyserbjj

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 05:50 PM

Picked up godfather for 360 for 12$

#288 Chucki Norris

Chucki Norris

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 07:27 PM

Picked up NBA Street Homecourt the other night for $9.99. I already beat it and got the majority of the achievements (except the online ones). Not really impressed with the game, but with the base trade in value at $6, I should come out like $1-$3 ahead after use the $10/$15 bonus trade-in coupon.

#289 bsschorr

bsschorr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:07 PM

Monster Hunter 2 is part of the sale, $15.99 I believe.

#290 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 09:27 PM

Picked up Harry Potter for PS3, this could be used as a nice gift. Also I asked the employee he said it will be ending the end of the wk. So looks like this deals are good till tomorrow?

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#291 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2008 - 02:18 AM

Found Nervous Brickdown for $12.99 (gutted, though mint), NFS Carbon for $9.99 (new & sealed) and Ace Combat Zero for $15.99 (new & sealed).

#292 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2008 - 02:20 AM

Picked up Street Fighter 3 (PSP) for $8.99 (gutted, but mint/complete).

Also, my store was having a B2G3 free used DVD sales, might be YMMV though.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#293 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:05 AM

Picked up Street Fighter 3 (PSP) for $8.99 (gutted, but mint/complete).

Also, my store was having a B2G3 free used DVD sales, might be YMMV though.

Its been reported the B2G3 dvd sale is chain wide for anyone out there wondering.

#294 Silverslug

Silverslug

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:52 AM

I went to Gamestop to use that 25 percent off deal on used games. They had the dvd sale going on and this too. I got Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max whatever edition for 9 bucks. I'm fucking pissed that Condemned 2 went back to retail :/ . Though the used copy is 25 dollars.

After that I went to EB games where I used my 25 percent print out, because they had Blue Dragon, second game I got was Phantasy Star Universe. I'm taking that one back tbh, I already had it on PC and just got it for the hell of it.

Any 17 dollars and so forth costing games I should get? I might just get my cash back (they will probably give me the discount money and not what hey charge :drool: ) and get Condemned 2.

[My Trade/Sell List] [My Ebay]
Posted Image

- Drawn by the power of the ultraviolet sun-

#295 dg7md

dg7md

Overall, one helluva pup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:55 AM

Its been reported the B2G3 dvd sale is chain wide for anyone out there wondering.

Yep. Some stores even have B2G4.

#296 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:59 PM

Today is sunday almost the end of the wk, heard this deal is going to be on the last day, today

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#297 esoros

esoros

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:55 PM

The GameStop i went to was B2G4, with nothing special.

#298 Foo228

Foo228

Brawl Nights host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:48 PM

Picked up Godfather Wii today...sorta an "in the moment" kind of buy so I'm trying to think if it was worth it (rationalize the $16 spent lol)

#299 fieldkillah

fieldkillah

Bleeds Black & Gold

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:00 PM

Picked up Godfather Wii today...sorta an "in the moment" kind of buy so I'm trying to think if it was worth it (rationalize the $16 spent lol)

I thought it was pretty fun and that the waggle controls were good.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#300 TheEyecon

TheEyecon

Red Sox Pride!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:10 PM

I picked Street Fighter 3 for the PSP too.
Posted Image