GameStop Game Days Final clearance starts 6/30

Godfather Cloak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
ALmost all of the games in game days sale (aside from a few) will be on sale...even further starting 6/30 (for example Godfather will be 12.99 for xbox 360)

i read this in a email at work....so if you were considering buying something in game days...wait until the 30th..

Wish I had known this sooner so I could've saved on C&C 3, but oh well. If condemned is still on sale, I'll probably grab it then. Thanks OP!

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']The stores near me still have all the games I wanted, and the 30th is only two days away, so there is a good chance I'll be getting some things.[/quote]

Same here. Glad I held out on everything I was sorta wanting to check out.

I only picked up three games from the sale that I thought would sell out really fast: Brave Story, Ace Combat Zero, and Monster Hunter Freedom 2 and they still have plenty in stock to this day. There are quite a few I would get if they dropped another $5 or $10 though, so I'm looking forward to see what happens.

Godfather for 360 is probably worth $13. I paid $10 for it and thought it was decent. That's one of those games that's destined to be super super cheap.

I overheard the guys at my local GS talking about this too. Although they said many of the titles are going back to full price and only some are going on further clearance. What they seemed to be talking about mostly were UMD movies, but I'm sure some games will be in there too. I should have pressed them for info. I'd probably pick up Sega Tennis and Sonic if they got dirt cheap - they seem to be in plentiful supply ;).

They were laughing at the instructions from corporate about how to tag some UMD movie (forgot which, sorry) $2.99 and how there are no proce tags for $2.99 so they need to "redline" it and highlight the price change.

During their last sale they dropped the UMDs down to $3.99 at the end of the sale and they vanished within a few days. Every single GS gutted every single UMD though. Bastards.

Sega Genesis Collection for $10 is already a steal! Even the PSP one for $15 is a deal. I don't regret paying $20 for it when it first came out. A MUST BUY! Phantasy Star IV cost $80 when it first came out and now you get it on a compilation for $10! *lol*

Yeah I hopped on the PS2 version of SEGA Genesis Collection to play on my PS3. It's missing some key games but overall a great value. Your paying 37 cents a game!

[quote name='SoulReaver']Why dont u guys just go buy what u want now and come back then to get the price adjustment?[/quote]

THIS...IS...GAMESTOP!

SPARTA.jpg

[quote name='whoknows']Cool. If Condemned and/or Viking go down a good amount I'll grab them.[/QUOTE]

Will these games be included in the alleged drop? I thought they just tossed these games into the mix because Sega gave them a temporary deal like they did with Gamecrazy last month.

[quote name='chrisnsally']got odin sphere for 19.99...not too bad.[/quote]

You would have got it for 9.99 had you waited till monday.
My gamestop confirmed the 50% drop too.
I am going to pick up Condemned 2

[quote name='jug_head_4ever']You would have got it for 9.99 had you waited till monday.
I am going to pick up Condemned 2[/quote]

50% off...wow! I don't think they did that last year...but if the others take a 50% drop in price, I'll probably pick more games up. Thanks for the 411! It looks like one of my stores had a replenishment of Game Days merchandise this past week...so, hopefully those games will still be in stock by Monday.

[quote name='jug_head_4ever']You would have got it for 9.99 had you waited till monday.
I am going to pick up Condemned 2[/quote]

There was one left. Didn't want to risk it.

[quote name='GoreObsessed']Ive held off on Condemned and Viking. Hopefully they drop a good amount.[/QUOTE]

They are already $20 for 360 and PS3 at my Gamestop. Surely, they won't drop much more than that.

If Condemned 2 drops to $20 I think I might have to finally bite the bullet and buy it. >.<

I need to stop buying games... The pile may havee just reached my waist.

So basically it is all going to be another 50% off all gamedays items on the 30th?

Shit those $10 PS2 games will be even sweeter at $5 may even just settle and get the 2 Destroy all human games...

Anyone know if this applies to the website as well? The local stores have nothing but gutted games that look worse than most of their used counterparts at this point.

I didn't work today so I don't know the full contents of the e-mail about the final clearance, but I know that Viking and Condemned will be back to full price on Monday along with nearly 50% of the Game Days sale items. The UMD's will remain $4.99 until sold out.

I've spent too much money on games lately. I need to stay off this website lol. I may have to stop in on my lunch break Monday. Hopefully someone will chime in tomorrow with the specific prices.

Mannnnn ...
I spent $50 on this sale earlier [Oden Sphere, MHF2[which I've been playing addictively], SC3]. And none of the games were sold out, at the 20th.
Well ... we'll see. I'm prepared to go to stores and curse.

There are still tons of every game left at the stores around here. In fact, the biggest one in the counrty (where they hold the tournaments) have bins overflowing with these games.
I'll go check Monday to see if any are worth buying. Go go backlog! (30+ and counting lol)

So still no list? I am looking at some games from the sale bbut want to wait it out until I know for sure if they are discounted.

I might be one of the few that aren't looking for Condemned 2 (even though flipping might work) and I am looking at the older stuff (C&C, Godfather maybe)

I was just in my local Gamestop and I was about to buy CNC 3 and they said to hold out until tomorrow (Sunday). Supposedly they are opening at 10 instead of 11 and everything is dropping then.
Maybe those guys were just confused on what day the deal is kicking in?

There are only a handful of games that are going to drop from $3-$10
Most of them will go back up to their original price

I got odin sphere for 19.99...not too bad.

You would have got it for 9.99 had you waited till monday.

I believe this about as much as the beginning GD sale mantra: "everything will be gone shortly, so get what you want on day one!"
It's worth the trip on Monday to see, but I'll be (happily) surprised if it's less than $19.99.

At one of the GS's I stopped at to flip some games they had a guy retagging all the gameday sales stuff. I was only able to glance at the sheets for a second but I saw a bunch of 4.99/9.99/15.99 tags (nothing higher that I saw) and I also saw 2.99 tags which im assuming are for the UMD movies.

Then he got yelled at by the manager to not be doing it yet and he had to remove all the stickers he placed lol...and he was told that it didnt start until Monday.

So its definitley going to happen....not sure on what games though. If certain flip fodder gets marked down to 9.99 from 19.99 it would be epic in trade value ratio. Glad I held off on buying today (thanks to CAG!) and have that $111 in credit ready to go on Monday.

bread's done
Back