Photo
- - - - -

Who here is vegetarian/vegan?

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you vegetarian/vegan?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Are you vegetarian/vegan?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla

Shark Barber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:27 PM

Since I cannot swim, I don't eat fish or seafood.
Posted Image

#62 HeadRusch

HeadRusch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:38 PM

While I can respect someone who chooses not to eat meat, I always immediately lose my respect for them when they start talking about their "passionate veganism". Its like "please, shut the F up. I am not in college, I am not an idealist. I do not want to live my life eating Soy Hotdogs". I mean, if God didn't want us eating hot dogs, he wouldn't have made Cow Scrotums and Lips so damned tasty.

Seriously, if you don't want to eat meat, thats great. But Vegans, I find, are annoying. Now mind you, I work with tons of Indian guys..and they are almost all Vegans of one degree or another...but they don't try to ram it down your throat. If you eat chicken, they don't lecture you, they don't look at you evilly, they don't make self-rightous gestures towards you at the table.

Be a Vegan, then shut the F up about it. Nobody wants to hear your tale about why you are a vegan, or a Christian, or a Jihadist.....live your life, and let other people live theirs ;)

In honor of Omnivores, I give you the king of all meats....KIELBASA!
Posted Image

Also Deliscious....CORNED BEEF HASH!
Posted Image

Which has vegetables in it.....so even Vegans should love it, along with Martians and whatever they call people from Saturn too.

#63 Moxio

Moxio

Supervillain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:42 PM

Since I cannot swim, I don't eat fish or seafood.

...?

#64 VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla

Shark Barber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:53 PM

...?

I could kill a cow if I had to. I could beat a pig to death with a shovel. I can outsmart a chicken and catch it. I can't, however, catch a fish, or dive down and grab one, therefore, I refuse to eat them.

Also, fish sticks were the only thing my babysitter ever fed me as a kid, so I have a bad history with them.
Posted Image

#65 Koggit

Koggit

almost sorry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:18 AM

I'm not even going to bother calling it ridiculous (which it is), but seriously, you would have less trouble preparing your own beef dinner than fish dinner?

Fishing rod... net... something. Seafood is definitely the easiest to catch/prepare yourself, regardless of whether or not you can swim.

#66 SpazX

SpazX

13 Billion Years in the Making

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:52 AM

I eat meat, but I've started to try cutting back on it (mostly from beef). I don't really have an ethical problem with eating meat, but it is pretty shitty how the animals are treated on industry farms. I'm more for a good life and a death that's as quick and painless as possible. :-P

EDIT:

i was going be veggie lol but my dad tell me that vegetable salads actually haev animal parts in them that are not list on ingrdient spot (on the can where its lsited). he say its gov conspiracy and i think that if ur gonna eat animals anyway i feel u should c whats told 2 u cus if that aint told imagine what else insnt... also he say pussies (sorry he say that) only eat salad. and i agree i think tho that is mean i guess.

God dammit pepsiman, go the Fuck away!

Posted Image

#67 Sharp Katana

Sharp Katana

Chillin like a villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:14 AM

I'm not a vegetarian but I do eat vegetarian food sometimes. My sis works at a vegetarian restaurant.

9unm.png

credits to Lilchiji

#68 PlumeNoir

PlumeNoir

Ch'p is still a badass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:24 AM

I was a vegetarian for several years. Not because I love animals (which I do), but because my mum had a stroke in front of me and I got really weird about my diet.

The problem is, I'm a thin guy to begin with, but once I stopped eating meat, I couldn't keep weight on. I was in my early 20's, 5'10" and maybe 120-5 lbs.

But, I started traveling a lot for work, and it was too hard to live on the road and maintain that lifestyle. The first few times I had a burger again were NOT a pleasant experience.

Besides, I love my rare steak too much.

Plume, your solution to everything is sex. [-(

#69 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:20 AM

What would possibly be the point of giving up meat? The less you eat, the cheaper it becomes, the more I eat. It's simple really. You're not saving any animals.

Anyway, my favorite argument is when people say they won't drink milk. Do you know how painful it is for a cow to go un-milked? It's freaking devastating to them.

Cows are pumped full of hormones to produce an unnatural volume of milk. Cows also can't produce milk unless they're constantly producing young. Young which then go off to slaughter. Not to mention the milk cows when they have served their prupose are then killed as well. Those are some of the reasons why vegans don't drink milk. There are also health and environmental reasons.

#70 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:21 AM

Animals eat other animals. If vegans love animals so much, then why do they show so much disrespect and contempt by refusing to lower themselves to animal standards?

You have an ironic username. Did you know that gorillas don't eat meat? Well, they eat the occasional insect but other than that are strictly vegetarian.

#71 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:32 AM

I'll eat anything not self-aware :D

seanr1221.png

#72 CouRageouS

CouRageouS

Rootbeer=Superwater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:38 AM

Do you vegans want to post some of your alternate protein sources? I'm not vegan but I always seek different forms of protein to add to my diet. I eat a good amount of soy and just recently discovered the greatness of nutritional yeast.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#73 homeland

homeland

woman wooh man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:41 AM

My wife is, vegetarian (lacto-ova). She was born and raised along with her brothers. Since we've been married for the past 3 years my meat consumption has declined drastically. I would never have guessed one day I'd have rice, peas and cheese and call that dinner. The worst part is when I do crave a steak and finally eat some, my body is no longer use to digesting it and it goes through me like rotten Indian food.

#74 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:50 AM

Do you vegans want to post some of your alternate protein sources? I'm not vegan but I always seek different forms of protein to add to my diet. I eat a good amount of soy and just recently discovered the greatness of nutritional yeast.

Here's a good link for you.

http://www.vrg.org/n...ion/protein.htm

If you like protein shakes you should try Vega.

http://www.sequelnat...atures-benefits

26g of Broad Spectrum Protein

* 40% of calories from protein, with all essential amino acids in ideal balance
* Alkaline forming, 35% raw protein with enzymes intact
* Protein sourced from hemp, yellow pea, brown rice, flax and chlorella

#75 ighosty

ighosty

I just lost the game.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:26 PM

My wife is, vegetarian (lacto-ova). She was born and raised along with her brothers. Since we've been married for the past 3 years my meat consumption has declined drastically. I would never have guessed one day I'd have rice, peas and cheese and call that dinner. The worst part is when I do crave a steak and finally eat some, my body is no longer use to digesting it and it goes through me like rotten Indian food.

My girlfriend is also a vegetarian, I hope my meals don't come to that.
Posted Image
Currently Playing:
:360: SKATE 2
:ps3: Killzone 2
:ps2: Rogue Galaxy

#76 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:59 PM

Seriously, if you don't want to eat meat, thats great. But Vegans, I find, are annoying. Now mind you, I work with tons of Indian guys..and they are almost all Vegans of one degree or another...but they don't try to ram it down your throat. If you eat chicken, they don't lecture you, they don't look at you evilly, they don't make self-rightous gestures towards you at the table.

Your post is blatantly trolling. My topic was just asking about who else on CAG was vegetarian or vegan. I did not attack other people's choices or insult anyone. You said you find vegans annoying but what do you consider your post to be? It's annoying.

#77 deszaras

deszaras

Wait...what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:10 PM

I'm an omnivore. Rowr!! MEAT!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#78 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:22 PM

If any of you thought that vegetarians/vegans were annoying and trying to shove their views in other people's faces more so than meat-eaters just look at this topic for an example of how that isn't true. It's full of meat-eaters posting annoying messages and trying to shove their views in other people's faces. On the flip-side not a single of the vegetarian posters has acted in that manner.

#79 HeadRusch

HeadRusch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:32 PM

Your post is blatantly trolling. My topic was just asking about who else on CAG was vegetarian or vegan. I did not attack other people's choices or insult anyone. You said you find vegans annoying but what do you consider your post to be? It's annoying.

You cannot argue with the power of Kielbasa. Do not attempt to, you will fail.

But seriously, you opened the door to a discussion of lifestyle choices. I applaud Vegans for doing what they do. I, personally, do not follow that route. I can easily eat a vegetarian meal, they are deliscious. However, I have been in the company of some unfortunate souls who felt that they had the God Given right to tell the rest of us how wrong we were.

I have a fundamental problem with activisim of any sort, because an Activist is usually someone who's brain has shut down to the possibility that they might be wrong. Oh they'll drown you in their rightousness...but try to argue a point with them, and you're just wasting your breath....they're already convinced.

I am not saying you are this person, I am saying that Vegetarianism is a great thing to do, so long as you don't cop that "I'm right and you're not if you eat meat" attitude that, sadly, seems to come along for the ride on alot of people.

But mostly those are people who are Vegans just because they were looking for a cause to align themselves with.

#80 jeepinillini

jeepinillini

Torque Obsessed Maniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:50 PM

You have an ironic username. Did you know that gorillas don't eat meat? Well, they eat the occasional insect but other than that are strictly vegetarian.

From Seaworld.org

Western lowland gorilla (Gorilla gorilla gorilla):

This subspecies consumes parts of at least 97 plant species. About 67% of their diet is fruit, 17% is leaves, seeds and stems and 3% is termites and caterpillars.

Mountain gorilla (Gorilla beringei beringei):

This subspecies consumes parts of at least 142 plant species and only 3 types of fruit (there is hardly any fruit available due to the high altitude. About 86% of their diet is leaves, shoots, and stems, 7% is roots, 3% is flowers, 2% is fruit, and 2% ants, snails, and grubs.

Guess there are always exceptions to every rule.
Posted Image

I'm not sure how many of you were still interested after the whole MILF thing, but knowing CAG, I'm sure it's a lot of you.

#81 DM7000

DM7000

Henshin-a-gogo baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:03 PM

Now I realize that this is going to sound like a very stupid question but I've heard various answers to it and I am wondering what you guys think. Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?

This started from a joke between me and my friends(one of us who is a vegetarian) according to him he doesn't because it contains ingredients derived from animals. So we decided to go around asking some other vegetarians(we were bored and had nothing else to do) and surprisingly one of the answers we got was no because they were shaped like animals...That's probably a bit extreme isn't it?

#82 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:15 PM

Those are some of the reasons why vegans don't drink milk. There are also health and environmental reasons.

I get that people don't like the way animals are treated so they won't eat them but to say people abstain from milk for health reasons sounds crazy to me (unless they are allergic). Milk is good for you. I keep hearing "health" as a reason for people choosing to be a vegetarian but that just doesn't make sense. Any diet whether it consists of meat/animal products or not can be healthy (or unhealthy). It all depends on the person.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#83 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:49 PM

It should be "Good bloody fucking God NO!".

People who don't eat meat because "The animals are treated badly" piss me off. You think the plants are treated any better? Plants are alive, and they like music so they have feeling too.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#84 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:55 PM

I get that people don't like the way animals are treated so they won't eat them but to say people abstain from milk for health reasons sounds crazy to me (unless they are allergic). Milk is good for you. I keep hearing "health" as a reason for people choosing to be a vegetarian but that just doesn't make sense. Any diet whether it consists of meat/animal products or not can be healthy (or unhealthy). It all depends on the person.

I think the health reasons are because of the hormones injected into the cows which allow them to produce so much milk is then transferred to your body when you drink it.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#85 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:20 PM

2 questions for the vegetarians in here.

1.) Would you eat an animal that died of old age?

and

2.) What would you do if science discovered plants have tiny nerves and feel pain?

seanr1221.png

#86 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:39 PM

Read these articles from physician and nutrition expert John A. McDougall, M.D.

http://www.nealhendr...lsepromises.htm

http://www.nealhendr...yanddisease.htm

#87 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:51 PM

Read these articles from physician and nutrition expert John A. McDougall, M.D.

http://www.nealhendr...lsepromises.htm

http://www.nealhendr...yanddisease.htm

Aw, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Collectordragon. Forfty percent of all people know that.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#88 Fragonard

Fragonard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:44 PM

I think the health reasons are because of the hormones injected into the cows which allow them to produce so much milk is then transferred to your body when you drink it.

What about organic milk that doesn't have any hormones? Would people drink it then?

I personally don't drink milk because I am allergic to it and I can't stand the taste.

I personally eat all kinds of meat, but respect those who choose not to. The people I do not respect are those who say something like they are a vegetarian but they eat chicken and fish sometimes. WTF, if you eat chicken and fish sometimes you are not a vegetarian. Either stick to your guns and don't eat any meat or don't claim that you are a vegetarian.

#89 danny_schell

danny_schell

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:59 PM

2 questions for the vegetarians in here.

1.) Would you eat an animal that died of old age?

and

2.) What would you do if science discovered plants have tiny nerves and feel pain?

Looks like I'm vegetarian #9 on the poll :).

As for the questions..
1) I personally wouldn't because I don't really miss the taste of meat and plus, it died of old age so it probably won't taste that great. But I don't see a moral problem there.

2) As long as the plants don't live horrible lives in little cages, I think my conscience would let me eat them.

#90 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:05 PM

What about organic milk that doesn't have any hormones? Would people drink it then?

I personally don't drink milk because I am allergic to it and I can't stand the taste.

I personally eat all kinds of meat, but respect those who choose not to. The people I do not respect are those who say something like they are a vegetarian but they eat chicken and fish sometimes. WTF, if you eat chicken and fish sometimes you are not a vegetarian. Either stick to your guns and don't eat any meat or don't claim that you are a vegetarian.

I drink milk, so personally I would. I think strict vegans may feel that any animal by-product shouldn't be consumed so they wouldn't eat it anyway.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.