Photo
- - - - -

Who here is vegetarian/vegan?

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you vegetarian/vegan?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Are you vegetarian/vegan?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:09 PM

If any of you thought that vegetarians/vegans were annoying and trying to shove their views in other people's faces more so than meat-eaters just look at this topic for an example of how that isn't true. It's full of meat-eaters posting annoying messages and trying to shove their views in other people's faces. On the flip-side not a single of the vegetarian posters has acted in that manner.

If you are that afraid of opinions that differ from yours, don't post topics in a public forum. Other than the obvious joke posts, no one is trying to shove a "pro-meat agenda" down your throat.

My earlier post was about stupid people, the fact that they were also vegetarians is a coincidence, I assume.

I wish the Internet was made out of meat.

#92 GodlyOne

GodlyOne

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:38 PM

I've been a vegetarian since January :whee:

godlyone.gif

#93 veganmii

veganmii

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:41 PM

I'm glad to see this thread. I knew there had to be some veg gamers out there.

#94 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:59 PM

I hope you're not one of those types of vegans who gets on my ass for eating meat.

Reality,
To retort, I hope you're not one of those types of NON-vegans who gets on my ass for NOT eating meat.

I (and this is the consensus amongst vegs) get harassed as soon as a carnivore notices that I skipped the meat. Its sad, but I try not to attract attention unless I am in one of my "I actually research shit, including what I put into my body, and god save you I will intellectually destroy you" moods. I do this all civilized and un-emotional with data. But, then they have the nerve to say I am trying to shove MY beliefs down there throat. This while they made the initial comment. And then again they are not my beliefs but those of medical researchers published in JAMA and NEJM, ecologists, etc. I guess their "beliefs" are on par with those of Joe Public who would rather watch American Idol instead of read about the garbage that passes as food that might just actually be the cause of his ailments.

So, off my soapbox, I hope you aren't the one who harasses those from eating different than the majority.

Oh yeah, veg for 11 years vegan for 9 and gamer for MUCH longer.

Best,
Joeboo

#95 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:03 PM

Nice I'm the only lacto-vegetarian so far. Been one my whole life so 20 years so far I suppose. To reference someone's conversation posted before, I always mind my own business but get nagged to death by other people for "Why" I choose not to eat meat. Eck.

Cheap Ass Giraffes Grifball Team Captain

Posted Image

Posted Image

#96 mrchainsaw

mrchainsaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:25 PM

I never eat beef or pork unless I'm at a dinner that is serving it. When I'm feeding myself, I'll only eat fish or poultry. I do this just to be a little healthier.

#97 withered

withered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:44 PM

I only eat seafood. I stopped eating other types of meat for 8/7 years now. Never liked the taste. Plus you stay very "regular". I get alot of crap for not eating turkey, chicken, beef, pork, ect. though. :bomb:
:-({|= :applause:

#98 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:50 PM

I only eat seafood. I stopped eating other types of meat for 8/7 years now. Never liked the taste. Plus you stay very "regular". I get alot of crap for not eating turkey, chicken, beef, pork, ect. though. :bomb:

It's ok to eat fish 'cause they don't have any feelings.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#99 dtcarson

dtcarson

No cute in-joke here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:31 PM

Two interesting comments here:

"I (and this is the consensus amongst vegs) get harassed as soon as a carnivore notices that I skipped the meat. Its sad, but I try not to attract attention unless I am in one of my "I actually research shit, including what I put into my body, and god save you I will intellectually destroy you" moods."

"I always mind my own business but get nagged to death by other people for "Why" I choose not to eat meat."

Question: How do you define "being harassed" or "nagged to death"? "Hey, you skipped the sausage? Try it, It's good."? Is simply having your choice acknowledged, being "harassed" or "nagged"?
If you're so sure of your position, why not turn down the obvious antagonist tone of the followup conversation (arguing to "destroy") and instead share all that knowledge in an attempt to "convince" someone?

#100 CappinA

CappinA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:39 PM

I eat vegetarians... Does that make me a vegetarian?

#101 naes

naes

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:02 PM

I eat steak about two times a week and burgers once a week. All of my dinners are meat, other than when I have spaghetti (I don't like meatballs).

Posted Image

#102 Danil ACE

Danil ACE

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:28 PM

The vegetarians I don't understand are the ones that eat seafood. Fish might be cold-blooded, but they're still living animals, aren't they?

#103 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:36 PM

The vegetarians I don't understand are the ones that eat seafood. Fish might be cold-blooded, but they're still living animals, aren't they?

People who eat fish are not vegetarian regardless of what they claim. I've even heard people who eat bacon say they were practically vegetarian.

#104 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:14 PM

I would love to be a vegan, but it's really hard. It takes way too much dedication.. and I just don't have it in me. Not for food. I love food waay too much [-(

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#105 Kendal

Kendal

My sleep number is 69

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:16 PM

I would love to be a vegan, but it's really hard. It takes way too much dedication.. and I just don't have it in me. Not for food. I love food waay too much [-(

That and it would put an end to your sex life. With the whole no meat thing. :D

But now I'm ready for D/P, excited and terrified. It's going to eat so many hours of my life.

I am a pussy :-(

Brawl FC: 3480 - 2198 - 7321 Name: KEN

#106 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:26 PM

Vegans love food. In fact the very nature of being vegan means food is a bigger focus in your life than it is for the average person. Vegans generally eat a larger variety of foods and eat foods made with higher quality ingredients than most people.

#107 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:26 PM

:rofl: :cry:

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#108 naes

naes

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:39 PM

Vegans love food. In fact the very nature of being vegan means food is a bigger focus in your life than it is for the average person. Vegans generally eat a larger variety of foods and eat foods made with higher quality ingredients than most people.

Stop bullshitting.

Posted Image

#109 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:57 PM

Stop bullshitting.

That's not BSing at all. The average person does not even look at ingredient lists or can even name half the stuff they eat. Vegans on the other hand scour the ingredient lists of every item they eat.

#110 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:59 PM

I created a CAG group for vegetarians. If you're interested check it out. :)

http://www.cheapassg....php?groupid=44

#111 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:03 PM

If you want to try some good vegetarian and vegan food I recommend you check out the recipe database on vegweb.com. It's extensive and has lots of pictures. It also shows just how much variety there is in what we eat.

#112 Koggit

Koggit

almost sorry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:29 PM

Vegans generally eat a larger variety of foods and eat foods made with higher quality ingredients than most people.

:rofl:

vegan : food :: dieter : food

Dieters care about calaries/fat/carbs, vegans care about meat/animal byproducts, both pay more attention to ingredients so that they can avoid certain (broad) types of food.

To be a vegan, you must be more passionate about avoiding meat than you are about food.

#113 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:37 PM

:rofl:

vegan : food :: dieter : food

Dieters care about calaries/fat/carbs, vegans care about meat/animal byproducts, both pay more attention to ingredients so that they can avoid certain (broad) types of food.

To be a vegan, you must be more passionate about avoiding meat than you are about food.

That's not entirely accurate. Being vegan and passionate about food is not mutually exclusive. Go to vegweb.com and tell me those people aren't passionate about food.

Edited by Collectordragon, 02 July 2008 - 11:40 PM.

#114 Koggit

Koggit

almost sorry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:44 PM

That's not entirely accurate. Being vegan and passionate about food is not mutually exclusive. Go to vegweb.com and tell me those people aren't passionate about food.

They're definitely more passionate about being vegan than they are about eating food.

#115 graf1k

graf1k

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:44 PM

It was ironic because she's one of those fat gothy girls.

You know, I know it's true because I have met people like that, but I still cannot wrap my head around it. How the Fuck can you be a vegan and be fat? How's it even possible? And if you are a fat vegan, what is the fucking point?

I really have nothing against vegans, except the ones that act like they are "enlightened" because they don't eat meat and the rest of us are neanderthals.

#116 naes

naes

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:48 PM

That's not BSing at all. The average person does not even look at ingredient lists or can even name half the stuff they eat. Vegans on the other hand scour the ingredient lists of every item they eat.

Yes, it is BSing. I don't understand how you can say that because you are a vegan you care more about food than the average person. Cooking meat can be easy, yet if you want a good steak, it is very hard to cook it perfectly and the prices on high quality steaks can be very expensive. Everyone cares about the food they eat. Stop trying to sat that because you are vegan you care more about food than everyone else.

This whole thread was useless. It's like making a thread asking if you are gay or straight. Since I eat meat daily, are you going to look down upon me? I mean, why else would you make it a public poll? You wanted to see what everyone is.

Posted Image

#117 HeadRusch

HeadRusch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:50 PM

They're definitely more passionate about being vegan than they are about eating food.

Amen.

#118 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:05 AM

Well, I'm guessing you don't eat insects. Many people from many cultures around the world eat insects. Why are you excluding them from your diet? Using your logic I guess you care more about not eating insects than you do about food.

#119 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:30 AM

Yes, it is BSing. I don't understand how you can say that because you are a vegan you care more about food than the average person. Cooking meat can be easy, yet if you want a good steak, it is very hard to cook it perfectly and the prices on high quality steaks can be very expensive. Everyone cares about the food they eat. Stop trying to sat that because you are vegan you care more about food than everyone else.

This whole thread was useless. It's like making a thread asking if you are gay or straight. Since I eat meat daily, are you going to look down upon me? I mean, why else would you make it a public poll? You wanted to see what everyone is.

I said the average vegan compared to the average person. Do you really think the average American who is overweight and frequents fast food establishments puts a lot of thought into what they're eating?

I made the poll public so I would know which other CAGs were vegetarian. I only wanted to find out who the other vegetarians were. I could see a gay person asking if there were other gay people on the site. People like to find others like themselves especially if they're in the minority. Why are you on a gaming site? It's because you want to talk to others like yourself (fellow gamers) otherwise you'd be somewhere else.

If this thread is useless why bother coming into it? I doubt any of the vegetarians would waste their time going into a topic related to meat.

#120 naes

naes

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:32 AM

Well, I'm guessing you don't eat insects. Many people from many cultures around the world eat insects.

Many cultures around the world eat meat.

Posted Image