Best Buy & Future Shop Online Canada Day Sales!

[quote name='MatiasB']This does't include console hardware :(?[/quote]

Usually console hardware is excluded i think. Still... a great time to pick up some XBLA point cards!

I was just hoping, i'm looking out for the best place to buy a DS lite this canada day. Seems amazons deal is still anyone's best bet.

Yeah point cards are what benefit most from these sales. Wish the MGS4 bundle was in stock and applied for the discount.

I picked up a Guitar Hero X-Plorer controller from Future Shop for $50 (after tax) for the GH3 game I picked up back during the EB sale.

But I've honestly never understood getting point cards -- the savings only seem to be 2-3 bucks, after shipping costs, right? Isn't the original retail price of point cards worse than if you bought it directly with a credit card, anyways?

[quote name='CHW']But I've honestly never understood getting point cards -- the savings only seem to be 2-3 bucks, after shipping costs, right? Isn't the original retail price of point cards worse than if you bought it directly with a credit card, anyways?[/quote]

I never get the items shipped. You have the option to choose "In-store pickup" when you complete your order and select a best buy or futureshop close to you. You get to pick the items up in store but still get the online sale prices.

Of course.. the wii points cards are $25 normally which is a $5 mark up on the amount of points your getting.. bringing it down to the 'real' $1=100, and the 360 point card.

360 points are, in us, 80 points to the dollar. 1400 for $20 is 70 points to the dollar.. but it's a little cheaper with the sale as it's $16 for 87 points to the dollar. But it's not much of a price bonus.

[quote name='webrunner']Of course.. the wii points cards are $25 normally which is a $5 mark up on the amount of points your getting.. bringing it down to the 'real' $1=100, and the 360 point card.

360 points are, in us, 80 points to the dollar. 1400 for $20 is 70 points to the dollar.. but it's a little cheaper with the sale as it's $16 for 87 points to the dollar. But it's not much of a price bonus.[/quote]

In Canada though, due to our weak dollar when the system was in place and the companies unwillingness to lower prices anymore, points from the Microsoft store is a rip-off.

Points from the Microsoft Store in Canada is $7.25 per 500 points, or roughly 68-69 points per dollar (they round differently so if you buy more points you get an extra point per dollar)

Still even at regular price the points cards are at least even if not a bit better. The sale just makes them an even better choice for Rock Band junkies like myself.

[quote name='MatiasB']I was just hoping, i'm looking out for the best place to buy a DS lite this canada day. Seems amazons deal is still anyone's best bet.[/QUOTE]

The best place to get a DS Lite was last week at EB. Trade 5 games (purchased for $60 from Blockbuster Video) and get a new DS of your choice.

[quote name='Overclocked']I never get the items shipped. You have the option to choose "In-store pickup" when you complete your order and select a best buy or futureshop close to you. You get to pick the items up in store but still get the online sale prices.[/quote]

i'm sure i'm not the only one, but i can't recall the last time my ISPU for these types of "online sales" was dishonoured
(perhaps the only exception to which they'd dishonour it is if it's an obvious price error)

[quote name='Corizzle']In Canada though, due to our weak dollar when the system was in place and the companies unwillingness to lower prices anymore, points from the Microsoft store is a rip-off.

Points from the Microsoft Store in Canada is $7.25 per 500 points, or roughly 68-69 points per dollar (they round differently so if you buy more points you get an extra point per dollar)

Still even at regular price the points cards are at least even if not a bit better. The sale just makes them an even better choice for Rock Band junkies like myself.[/quote]
Heh. Complicated. I think I'll save the time and gas and stick with buying the points directly with credit card... =P

bread's done
Back