Photo
- - - - -

RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3957 replies to this topic

#91 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:46 AM

Hip-hop/rap is
Spoiler

Posted Image

where scoob

#92 Greetard

Greetard

Egotistical Prick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:05 AM

"Ignorance" says the emo. ^

Posted Image

#93 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:00 AM

I'm sorry, but some people still see hip-hop as a beat tape and a guy rapping over it... there's so many acts now that use live instuments.

How awesome would a Roots track like "The Seed 2.0" be on Rock Band? I would love it. You can also have awesome songs from acts like N*E*R*D or Gorillaz... all considered "hip-hop" but definitely are birthed from an actual band playing instruments.

The way I see it -- keep the rock in ROCK Band. You enjoy hip hop? Fantastic! You should have the option to play hip hop songs in Hip Hop Band.

Karaoke Revolution had a country version.
Guitar Hero had an 80s version.
Rock Band can have it's own genre specific spin-off.

I'm not knocking anyone's taste in music. I'm sure some hip hop songs would be fun to play, but overall, that stuff's not for me.
Posted Image

#94 Greetard

Greetard

Egotistical Prick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:50 AM

The way I see it -- keep the rock in ROCK Band. You enjoy hip hop? Fantastic! You should have the option to play hip hop songs in Hip Hop Band.

I'm not knocking anyone's taste in music. I'm sure some hip hop songs would be fun to play, but overall, that stuff's not for me.

a. Diversification is a good thing. I'm sure you could deal with not buying a couple weeks' worth of DLC.

b. Out of curiosity, have you heard any of the Roots', Flobots, or early N.E.R.D.?

Posted Image

#95 hhhdx4

hhhdx4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:00 AM

Then dont play the songs, even though youre thinking of a different kind of hip-hop than Harmonix is, no there wont be any g-unit or whatever other posterchildren you love to bring up because they dont use guitars and dont fit the band scheme. But no continue being ignorant and intolerant.
Posted Image

#96 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:42 AM

"Ignorance" says the emo. ^

Emo is equally
Spoiler

But seriously, I've pretty much only heard mainstream rap/hip-hop, and that is terrible, terrible shit.

Speaking of shit, can a mod lock the other Rock Band 2 thread? It's not really needed.
Posted Image

where scoob

#97 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:09 AM

Hmmm... This probably isn't going to happen, but I wonder if Rock Band 2 DLC will be compatible with RB1.

It will be actually. All Rock Band DLC will be compatible across the board. So if you never want to buy 2 you'll still be able to buy DLC every Tuesday.

I'll do a little looking and try to find the article that mentioned DLC working on either version.

EDIT: Found it...

http://previews.team...Rock-Band-2/p1/

...if you decide to stick with Rock Band, you’ll still be able to keep enjoying it in the same way and to supplement it with downloadable tunes that will continue to be offered...

Edited by RichMeisterMan, 10 July 2008 - 05:19 AM.

#98 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:20 AM

I'll go ahead and confirm another song for Rock Band 2 - "Sorrow" by Bad Religion. Brett Gurewitz sent out a Twitter update about the band meeting with developers and licenseing the masters for it.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#99 mav451

mav451

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:47 AM

Hmm didn't see it mentioned but has anyone actually seen images of the RB2 drums? My biggest issue with the RB1 set is that there is no true representative of the Hi-Hat.
Cymbals are nice...but the hi-hat is critical to drumming.

And as a drummer, I hope I don't come off as elitist - but a hi-hat would serve a far better purpose than having 2 cymbals (and no-hi hat). E.g. hi-hat w/ pedal + crash cymbal would be the sweet spot. But seeing as GH4 has just two cymbals (crash + ride)...I'm scratching my head.

#100 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:16 PM

Dream Theater! Not the best song from them, but it certainly opens the way for downloadable songs and, dare I dream, albums from them. The possibility of GH IV having DT exclusively was the only thing that might have compelled me to buy it, but now I don't need to worry.

Game Informer mentioned DT will also be in GH:WT, so don't put your wallet away just yet. :)

#101 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:14 PM

Hmmm... This probably isn't going to happen, but I wonder if Rock Band 2 DLC will be compatible with RB1.

Pretty sure it's the same for both games, so I don't see why not.
Posted Image

#102 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:19 PM

Pretty sure it's the same for both games, so I don't see why not.

I agree - it wouldn't make sense to have songs for sale that didn't work with one of the games - less people would buy them.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#103 CouRageouS

CouRageouS

Rootbeer=Superwater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:21 PM

All RB DLC is for either RB. Theres an interview that says that somewhere.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#104 BustaUppa

BustaUppa

what it is right now

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:42 PM

But if it's all about "having the option," then DLC is still the best way to go about releasing that stuff. And even if they did release a disc-based genre collection, any DLC for THAT game would work on the original Rock Band as well.

So you'd be dealing with that pesky cross-genre DLC either way. And by "dealing with," I mean doing absolutely nothing and just not buying it. Problem solved!

#105 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:53 PM

All RB DLC is for either RB. Theres an interview that says that somewhere.

There sure is, right below the guy who inquired about it, there just happens to be a post with a quote from an article that verifies that all current and future Rock band DLC will be compatible with both games. There's also a link to the article.

From now on perhaps some of you should browse a little more efficiently.

#106 youinreverse

youinreverse

...used to be Bioshocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:57 PM

I can't wait for this to come out.

#107 pasteater

pasteater

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:13 PM

Hmm didn't see it mentioned but has anyone actually seen images of the RB2 drums? My biggest issue with the RB1 set is that there is no true representative of the Hi-Hat.
Cymbals are nice...but the hi-hat is critical to drumming.

And as a drummer, I hope I don't come off as elitist - but a hi-hat would serve a far better purpose than having 2 cymbals (and no-hi hat). E.g. hi-hat w/ pedal + crash cymbal would be the sweet spot. But seeing as GH4 has just two cymbals (crash + ride)...I'm scratching my head.

when the announcement of RB2 was made...they mentioned that all instruments would work for either/both RB, even the drums. this leads me to believe that the drums are not changing anything as far as the setup goes with the four pads and bass pedal.

as for the GH4 drums...i completely understand your point. however, they'll probably assign one of the pads or maybe even one of the cymbals to be a hi-hat during some songs.

#108 BustaUppa

BustaUppa

what it is right now

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:59 PM

when the announcement of RB2 was made...they mentioned that all instruments would work for either/both RB, even the drums. this leads me to believe that the drums are not changing anything as far as the setup goes with the four pads and bass pedal.

good point. so I suppose the GH4 drumkit is most likely to be the one that works in EVERY game. unless Rock Band 2 adds a superfluous fifth pad, with no purpose other than to draw in the GH4 owners.

#109 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:34 PM

What threads were merged and who was the OP of this one (RockBand 2 X360)?

EDIT: Wasn't me but its fixed :D

Edited by LinkinPrime, 10 July 2008 - 08:43 PM.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#110 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

"An Inquisition" You Say?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:45 PM

Thanks Linkin, although I wish it hadn't been merged in the first place.

0sm4.png

#111 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:46 PM

Where did the other one come from, General Gaming Forum?

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#112 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:57 PM

how did I miss that: DREAM mother fucking THEATER! C'mon Harmonix, just get me some Iced Earth, Stratovarius, and Blind Guardian. That's all I ask... (oh, and maybe some better Dream Theater?)
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#113 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:36 PM

how did I miss that: DREAM mother fucking THEATER! C'mon Harmonix, just get me some Iced Earth, Stratovarius, and Blind Guardian. That's all I ask... (oh, and maybe some better Dream Theater?)

And Nightwish!

Wow, I'm really impressed that others are here that know how to appreciate that type of music. Awesome.

#114 youinreverse

youinreverse

...used to be Bioshocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:03 PM

Thanks for fixing the thread LP.

#115 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:44 PM

a. Diversification is a good thing. I'm sure you could deal with not buying a couple weeks' worth of DLC.

b. Out of curiosity, have you heard any of the Roots', Flobots, or early N.E.R.D.?

a) I agree, and so does my wallet. But I would still prefer the rock music in Rock Band not have take a back seat to other genres.

b) I have heard some Roots stuff; it's alright, but nothing that I found terribly appealing. The others I haven't heard of. Of course, there certainly is some "rockish" hip-hop that I've enjoyed, I'm just partial to more pure rock.

Then dont play the songs, even though youre thinking of a different kind of hip-hop than Harmonix is, no there wont be any g-unit or whatever other posterchildren you love to bring up because they dont use guitars and dont fit the band scheme. But no continue being ignorant and intolerant.

Cool it, sparky. First of all you don't know what kind of hip-hop either I or Harmonix are referring to, so please don't assume. Secondly, that was only my first post on the subject, so the "posterchildren I love to bring up"? I didn't mention a single group, so again, you're taking your own slant and assuming things; and somehow that makes me "ignorant and intolerant". Class act, chief.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way -- I won't play these songs that I don't enjoy; however, I would prefer to not have hip-hop songs taking up spots in the track listing for Rock Band, as I, personally, prefer rock, and therefore have a greater chance of finding a song that I enjoy if it's a *rock* song.

But if it's all about "having the option," then DLC is still the best way to go about releasing that stuff. And even if they did release a disc-based genre collection, any DLC for THAT game would work on the original Rock Band as well.

So you'd be dealing with that pesky cross-genre DLC either way. And by "dealing with," I mean doing absolutely nothing and just not buying it. Problem solved!

The way I see if they release separate games for each genre is that they could be releasing two sets of DLC a week -- a set for the rock crowd, and a set for the hip-hop crowd. I'm sure that's just wishful thinking :) Granted, they could do it with just one disc, but to me the odds increase if there's a separate game to support it. At least, that's my 'perfect world' though on the matter ;)
Posted Image

#116 Alcedes

Alcedes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:53 PM

Enough bitching about merging threads, let's get back on topic.

I NEED THESE DRUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

http://rockband.scor...pic.php?t=11340

-Ability to "tune" your instruments
-Redesigned quickplay mode
-Brand new track choice screen
-Ability to create setlists
-Ability to auto-create setlists
-No-Fail mode
-Solo modes for every instrument
-World Tour Online
-Battle of the Bands mode
--Band vs Band
--Start out going against bands like yourself
--During each challenge, theres a meter that shows how close you are to passing the next band
--1 mode is: bands compete for the highest multiplier for the longest time
--Countdown to the deadline next to the instructions
-Drum Trainer
-More user-friendly lag calibrator
-Jukebox mode
--Listen to music, but don't have to play
-Old hardware still works
-New drum pads are velocity sensitive
-Less "squishy" strummer
-Ion drum kit
-Able to purchase custom real-world merch for characters
-In-game photo creator lets you set facial expressions and poses for your characters, add visual effects and then upload to RockBand.com
-You can order t-shirts and posters, bumper stickers and all sorts of stuff with your band logo.
-Guitar buttons don't click so loudly

Edited by Alcedes, 10 July 2008 - 11:56 PM.

#117 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:58 PM

Woah snap, son! How much are those bad boys going to cost?!?!?! Looks awesome though.

#118 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:01 AM

Price check on drums, please.

So, are the cymbals all going to be alternatives to certain pads, or is RB2 going to have that many different colors?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see the colors now.

Edited by Jesus_S_Preston, 11 July 2008 - 12:10 AM.

Posted Image

where scoob

#119 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:02 AM

Enough bitching about merging threads, let's get back on topic.

I NEED THESE DRUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck a bunch of that. I have enough trouble with four pads and a pedal; that beast is just scary :)
Posted Image

#120 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:04 AM

Holy shit.

I'm awe of that kit.
Posted Image

where scoob