• Please log in to reply
3196 replies to this topic

#91 GeekWhenSpoken2

GeekWhenSpoken2

GeekWhenSpoken2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:17 PM

I beat a planet and didn't get a trophy :(
And yes, I got 2.40, patches SSHD, and played on arcade.

But whatever, I'll try again.

Havent read all the way throught the thread yet so forgive if this has already been addressed. For those who have earned trophys but they are not showing up try leaving the game and then relaunching it, then check again for the trophy via the in game XMB.

I had the same problem and this seemed to remove the monkey wrench.

-

#92 retrovertigo

retrovertigo

It's inexplicable!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:25 PM

Being both a 360 and a PS3 owner, I am quite a bit disappointed to see a lack of support right after the release of the 2.40/2.41 update. If I'm reading this correct, only one game currently has support for trophies, and that is Super Stardust HD. Can I get a raise of hands of people who actually play this, or still play it? I mean, c'mon, Sony. Why include a feature if such a miniscule percentage of your available library supports it? I feel that they should have teased us with the trophy system, but didn't actually release support for it until a lot more games were patched to include it, or made it mandatory that any games after X date had to support trophies.

How am I supposed to brag to my friends about my kickass gaming skills when I don't even know if my favorite game will be supported by this trophy system? This kinda seems really backwards to me. In my opinion, I think Sony should have waited to include this in a future firmware update.

I have to say that the 360 achievements have certainly influenced me to hold onto and go back and play through my 360 library more times that I have with any other video game console. I hope that in the future this trophy system will be included in all PS3 games, because I think they're a really cool feature with the 360.

#93 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:38 PM

You've got to start somewhere and it's better to start now to get the ball rolling. It would've been nice to have more titles, but whatever, 'm just glad to have them be around now and see the support grow until every PS3 game coming out has trophies.

Plenty of people have and are still playing SSHD, with quite a few picking it up now just for the trophies. I turn it on whenever I've got nothing to really play and want something to play for anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or so. There's no need to bash a great downloadable game.

The interesting effect will be if people flock to the upcoming games that have trophy support, like the way that 360 owners literally jumped from 360 game to game in its first year that was a bit light on games to play.

#94 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:25 PM

I'm still waiting on a confirm/deny for MLB 08. I'm hoping it'll get trophies since its a first party game. But no answer on the MLB 08 forum from anyone yet.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#95 lunasicc

lunasicc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:07 PM

I wished they would add online multiplayer to SSHD. It'll be cool to play against other people and see how you fair instead of just looking at leaderboards.

Also, I wish Konami or Kojima would at least say something about trophy support for Metal Gear Solid 4.

#96 retrovertigo

retrovertigo

It's inexplicable!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:05 PM

The interesting effect will be if people flock to the upcoming games that have trophy support, like the way that 360 owners literally jumped from 360 game to game in its first year that was a bit light on games to play.

If Microsoft was able to convince people to jump from game to game, even if the library, like all system launches, was filled with one or two good games and a lot of mediocre ones, then those people deserve the credit for giving the Xbox 360 such a high attach rate for games to console sales.

Anything that keeps a gamer coming back for more is a win-win situation, as long as it's not some super-expensive DLC. Too many games in my library go unplayed or unfinished, but I have to admit, I hang on to the Xbox 360 ones (and PS3 ones now) for the achievements and possible quality DLC. Anything that keeps me inspired to play again, or anything that can bring me back to playing with a fresh idea or set of levels, I'm all for!

#97 Methadon

Methadon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:32 AM

I think if enough of us keep requesting individual game developers to release a patch for trophy support, it'll be more likely.

I'm gonna start e-mailing some requests, myself, and in each I'll explain why I don't think it's an unreasonable request (especially games also on 360). I encourage everyone else to do the same.

#98 Drummerlp2000

Drummerlp2000

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:46 PM

I'm really sad that civ rev wont have trophy support i've been reading the forum extensively from the link beside the civ rev thing here and the forum manager makes it out that civ rev will NEVER have trophy support and that sucks.:cry:

#99 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:08 PM

I don't understand why they can't patch it. The game just came out.

#100 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:09 PM

Because they don't want to.

#101 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:14 PM

And that is my big fear with this whole Trophy thing. Sony or someone needs to say "tough shit" and get them to include support, for whatever game it may be.

#102 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:47 AM

Added two more games to the list of upcoming games, two of Sony's PSN games that they announced today, that are going to have trophy support, which were mentioned in their fact sheets.

#103 Sharp Katana

Sharp Katana

Chillin like a villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:25 AM

darn no DMC 4, eh I'll just have to get them for the 360. Of all the games I'll probably only play 3 that supports trophies - Resistance 2, Socom and possible SFIV. The lineup is a little weak, but it's new so I guess we'll have to settle for what they give us.

Edited by KSHLove, 16 July 2008 - 04:28 AM.

9unm.png

credits to Lilchiji

#104 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:22 AM

GREAT NEWS GUYS!!!!!

Naughty Dog: Uncharted Trophies coming 'very soon'

mid august but already sent in for QA, so possibly even sooner. So you guys have a month to put this game off til the patch hits. w00t.

I gotta pick this up again, traded it off awhile back, but only beat it once. Won't hurt to play through it again.. collecting trophies.. sweet!!

Edited by aznguyen316, 16 July 2008 - 06:26 AM.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK | Steam: djfakey
i5-2500k@4.2Ghz; MSI 660Ti PE/OC Ed.

#105 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:18 AM

GREAT NEWS GUYS!!!!!

mid august but already sent in for QA, so possibly even sooner. So you guys have a month to put this game off til the patch hits. w00t.

I gotta pick this up again, traded it off awhile back, but only beat it once. Won't hurt to play through it again.. collecting trophies.. sweet!!

Nice. I still have to play my 2nd time and get the rest of the treasures.

#106 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:45 AM

GREAT NEWS GUYS!!!!!

I have been waiting to play this for over a month already. It's the only game outside of MGS4 that I own, and I already finished that.

"Mid-August" can't come soon enough!

#107 Psykodelik

Psykodelik

Piw Piw Masta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:02 AM

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the trophies and whatnot. But anyone know if MGS or Soul Calibur 4 will include them?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#108 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:02 PM

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the trophies and whatnot. But anyone know if MGS or Soul Calibur 4 will include them?

MGS4, we dunno. SC4 most likely not, because by the time developers got the addition to their development kits, the game was finished and in testing phase.
Posted Image

#109 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:27 PM

then I'll be getting uncharted mid-august :)

#110 jdioutkast

jdioutkast

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:13 PM

same here

I heard MGS4 fixed bricked PS3s

#111 primetime

primetime

What time is it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:42 PM

A Guerrilla dev said Killzone 2 will support trophies in an E3 demonstration I saw this morning.
Posted Image

#112 Morphine

Morphine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:44 PM

Just announced from E3, no trophies for The Force Unleashed :(

#113 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:05 PM

Rock Band 2 will have them:
http://www.ps3fanboy...t-ps3-trophies/

Although Rock Band 2 is coming out on Xbox 360 before PS3, Harmonix isn't neglecting PS3 owners. They note that Microsoft "helped us out massively by coming in, helping us to complete features and have given us great marketing support." We wonder if "marketing support" means "money?" Regardless, it appears Sony didn't offer the same "support" as Microsoft.

There are still a number of features that Rock Band 2 will support on PS3 that wasn't found on the original Rock Band release. Dan Teasdale from Harmonix told Videogamer.com, "You're going to have voice chat, you're going to have complete integration with rockband.com, you're going to have trophies. We're going to make sure that PS3 gamers have just as great an experience."

Posted Image

#114 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:47 PM

Just announced from E3, no trophies for The Force Unleashed :(

:bomb:

#115 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:43 PM

Little Big Planet supports trophies.

#116 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:05 PM

It has since day one of the trophies, rolento. ;)

#117 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:05 PM

It has since day one of the trophies, rolento. ;)

I'm sloe >_<

#118 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:00 PM

Trophies possibly mandatory in 2009:

Trophies are rather new for the PS3 audience. In fact, only one game on the market right now supports them. But, will things change in the future? The answer looks to be "yes." First party titles are all required to have Trophy support, but in 2009, all Trophies may become "mandated." One major developer told Joystiq that Sony may require Trophies in all third party games

http://www.ps3fanboy...datory-in-2009/

#119 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 08:35 PM

You guys need to post links with these claims or I can't add them to the OP. Thanks for the link, Mana.

Project Origin confirmed for trophy support:
http://www.gamespot....oup=e32008_live

Star Wars Unleashed not supporting trophies (not surprised with the layoffs at LucasArts):
http://www.gamespot....oup=e32008_live

#120 primetime

primetime

What time is it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:09 PM

You guys need to post links with these claims or I can't add them to the OP.

I thought you trusted me Frisky :cry:
Posted Image