Official Trophy Thread - 4/21: Enhanced Trophy Lists Coming in Firmware 3.30

• Please log in to reply
3222 replies to this topic

#2191 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

I platinumed Uncharted 3 and Lego Batman 2 last week, and the GF platinumed Lego Harry Potter 1-4.

I have a crazy amount of respect and admiration for anyone who can platinum a fighting game. I love fighters, but I am such a flailing button masher that I can never do any of the online stuff.

Actually, I'm a pretty terrible gamer all around, which is why if there's a multiplayer component to a game, it's almost a guarantee that I'll never plat it. :p

Well it took me 2 years and some weeks to plat that game I am not a fighting gamer per se, you can imagine me doing trials with a d-pad controller the normal dualshock3 I spent one time 7 hours doing the trial 24 of Ryu which was the first character I tried to do 2 years ago.

I sucked at it, then 1 year past and I decided to get the fightstick and decided to train and that I will come back someday to get them all and it was this summer I trained hard for it and it paid off. So my advice never give up.

Like for example when I 100% Alien Zombie Megadeath no one had achieved unlock all medals the hardest level is 31-alpha took me 1 week to know the correct order to beat it then finally all trophies done.

It's because I like hard challenges that I do what I do
:error:
Spoiler

#2192 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

im just gonna plat disney games anymore

EightBitArtist.png

#2193 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

I platinumed Uncharted 3 and Lego Batman 2 last week, and the GF platinumed Lego Harry Potter 1-4.

I have a crazy amount of respect and admiration for anyone who can platinum a fighting game. I love fighters, but I am such a flailing button masher that I can never do any of the online stuff.

Actually, I'm a pretty terrible gamer all around, which is why if there's a multiplayer component to a game, it's almost a guarantee that I'll never plat it. :p

Tekken 6 was pretty easy, and I'm not an expert at fighters.

Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

ThroneofSeth.png

#2194 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:45 AM

im just gonna plat disney games anymore

Good luck with 4,982,583 collectibles.

I play "kiddie" games with my girlfriend for easy trophies, but we get bored so quickly with them so they need to be over fast.

KneeKnee.png

#2195 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:11 AM

Good luck with 4,982,583 collectibles.

I play "kiddie" games with my girlfriend for easy trophies, but we get bored so quickly with them so they need to be over fast.

uh, yeah, a good chunk of games have a lot of collectibles. christ the new spider man game has 700. thats the most ive ever seen in a game.

EightBitArtist.png

#2196 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:07 AM

uh, yeah, a good chunk of games have a lot of collectibles. christ the new spider man game has 700. thats the most ive ever seen in a game.

700? Holy crap! I'll probably never play that then. I though the 200 in Uncharted: Golden Abyss was obscene. Only thing I hate more than relying on other people for a trophy is collecting bullshit for no good reason.

KneeKnee.png

#2197 razrvamp

razrvamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:28 AM

I just got the platinum in assassins creed revelations that makes all the games with platinum now I can't wait for the third one. Next up for me will be borderlands 2

#2198 Hente

Hente

Honk honk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:32 PM

Oh man, Enslaved looked like it was going to be a pretty hassle free and fun plat, at least 'til I saw that you needed 1.6k collectibles for it.
I thought Infamous 1's blast shards were terrible, and there were only 350 of those little buggers...

#2199 Donburiboy

Donburiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:22 AM

I just got the platinum in assassins creed revelations that makes all the games with platinum now I can't wait for the third one. Next up for me will be borderlands 2

I'm trying to do the multiplayer tropies for Brotherhood, but it's WAY harder than the multiplayer trophies for Revelations. I hope AC3 doesn't have difficult MP stuff...

But it's still fun to play. I never thought AC would be any good as a multiplayer experience. Now I wonder what God of War will be like. It looks a little bit like an M-rated Smash Bros. so far...

#2200 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:11 AM

Oh man, Enslaved looked like it was going to be a pretty hassle free and fun plat, at least 'til I saw that you needed 1.6k collectibles for it.
I thought Infamous 1's blast shards were terrible, and there were only 350 of those little buggers...

infamous wasnt terrible because you just run around and constantly ping the map. enslaved sucked because you had no idea where the hell you missed an orb. especially in i believe stage 5 where youre riding around on your board in the ocean.

doing jak and daxter right now, really getting burnt out of all the collectibles in every single game anymore.

EightBitArtist.png

#2201 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:13 PM

infamous wasnt terrible because you just run around and constantly ping the map. enslaved sucked because you had no idea where the hell you missed an orb. especially in i believe stage 5 where youre riding around on your board in the ocean.

doing jak and daxter right now, really getting burnt out of all the collectibles in every single game anymore.

inFamous wasn't terrible until you only had a few shards left - I think I quit after having only 3 remaining. 5 hours with a print out of all the shard locations and still couldn't find them.

inFamous 2's upgraded shard detector was awesome.

#2202 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

My two biggest trophy pet peeves are collectibles and difficulties that don't stack. Seriously, I don't want to have play the game more than once just to get a stinking trophy, especially if said game sucked the first go round.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2203 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

My two biggest trophy pet peeves are collectibles and difficulties that don't stack. Seriously, I don't want to have play the game more than once just to get a stinking trophy, especially if said game sucked the first go round.

Even more so when the hardest difficulty, which you get a trophy for, you can't select until you beat the game on Normal or Hard. Then it unlocks for you to play through to get the trophy. Dumb.

#2204 GatorBeerGeek

GatorBeerGeek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

Add any sort of online trophy and you have a pretty damn good list. I would put online trophies above the others. At least then I know I will always be able to get it myself even if it is a PITA.

With that said, a couple of the Prince of Persia remakes damn near killed me with the non-stacking difficulties. I thought those games were fun until I was on play-through #3.

GatorBeerGeek.png

#2205 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

Even more so when the hardest difficulty, which you get a trophy for, you can't select until you beat the game on Normal or Hard. Then it unlocks for you to play through to get the trophy. Dumb.

I dont mind that when there is a New Game +. Some games become easier on hard when you're fully equipped and leveled up. But you're right, playing through a game 3 times is just tedious and boring. Ruined Shadows of the Damned for me.

KneeKnee.png

#2206 Hente

Hente

Honk honk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

pfpfpfpfpffffhthet only 16 more UMvC3 missions to go 'til I get that trophy, if I could just find someone to gameshare the Shuma and Jill DLC that trophy would be in my hands right now.

Gonna agree with you on the collectibles crap, its even worse if the collectibles are missable at all. Speedruns are also a killer of my enjoyment. I kind of want to enjoy my time with the game, having to either rush through a first playthrough or do a second playthrough just for that trophy kills me inside.
Online trophies also suck sometimes since my connection is ass and I usually can't get a good game without lag. If I had a better connection i'd love 'em if the online wasn't dead or if the game didn't suck.

inFamous wasn't terrible until you only had a few shards left - I think I quit after having only 3 remaining. 5 hours with a print out of all the shard locations and still couldn't find them.

Yeah, this was my main problem, when I saw that I had 349/350 my heart just sunk. I know it might not sound like a lot of time, but I ran around for a couple of hour with a map just to find that last damn shard. I had the same problem with Brutal Legend, had to pay for that collectible locator DLC just to find that last one. ;_;
I can imagine the Enslaved trophy to be absolute hell compared to those two, isn't there at least a function that tells you what chapter you're missing an orb in?

#2207 razrvamp

razrvamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:19 AM

I'm trying to plat bodycount but the online is dead, spent 2 hours without one person joining any cags need the trophies? Add me name on psn same as cag

#2208 GatorBeerGeek

GatorBeerGeek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

I'm trying to plat bodycount but the online is dead, spent 2 hours without one person joining any cags need the trophies? Add me name on psn same as cag

KneeKnee who posted up above, just posted on another website specific to PS3 trophies a few days ago looking for a partner for that game. Based on his trophy card, he still has some work to do for the plat.

GatorBeerGeek.png

#2209 razrvamp

razrvamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:01 AM

KneeKnee who posted up above, just posted on another website specific to PS3 trophies a few days ago looking for a partner for that game. Based on his trophy card, he still has some work to do for the plat.

Thanks

#2210 razrvamp

razrvamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:06 AM

I dont mind that when there is a New Game +. Some games become easier on hard when you're fully equipped and leveled up. But you're right, playing through a game 3 times is just tedious and boring. Ruined Shadows of the Damned for me.

Sorry I had to run out of the match I had to get to work, I still need the other 3 map co op trophies if
your up to it

#2211 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:04 AM

brutal legend is messed up cuz it glitches if you try to save as you go for 100%.
i thought infamous collectibles were easy fun n fine, but idk.
shadows of the damned was damn awesome cept puppeteer trophy.
also bodycount was fun...
enslaved was great too.
wish i would have joined that competition with you gatorbeek. peace man

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#2212 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:11 AM

i thought infamous collectibles were easy fun n fine, but idk.

I always have to bring this up whenever inFamous 1 gets mentioned, but I actually collected all the shards by sheer accident. I still remember that feeling of pure glee when it popped. Wasn't even expecting it.

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

Wanna try League of Legends? Try it out here!: http://bit.ly/1uEevsK

#2213 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

Sorry I had to run out of the match I had to get to work, I still need the other 3 map co op trophies if
your up to it

Just let me know when you're on again, I'll help you get the rest of what you need.

KneeKnee.png

#2214 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:19 AM

i didnt pick them up on accident tho. i had a map of all the shards (just black and white w lil dots) and it had the # per island that would be complete. so i made sure not to go to the next island til i had them all. yeah ocd, but i didnt want to be going all over the world looking for that last lil shard ;)

prototype 2 was so sweet and lovely with the easy collectibles, and wow such a fun n fast plat. but i hear proto1 is an evil bitch of a game, especially collectibles. oh wellz

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#2215 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:26 AM

prototype 1 has horrible collectibles. huge city with no indication of what one you missed. i was following a video and somehow missed 1. i pretty much just gave up right there. plus the other challenges in that game... not worth the aggravation.

EightBitArtist.png

#2216 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

prototype 1 has horrible collectibles. huge city with no indication of what one you missed. i was following a video and somehow missed 1. i pretty much just gave up right there. plus the other challenges in that game... not worth the aggravation.

The web of intrigue ones weren't so bad, but the hints or whatever are terrible. I agree about the challenges, some of them are just awful.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#2217 GatorBeerGeek

GatorBeerGeek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

The collectibles in Prototype were a bit of a PITA. I used a picture/map to get all of mine. It took quite some time.

The events as they called them (probably more appropriate to call them challenges) were a PITA. The movement events were by far the worst. A couple others were bad as well, but you could stack the deck on those. The one about blowing up so many tanks would be damn near impossible, but you could go steal tanks and park them all side by side to get that one.

Proud of that platinum since it was a bitch.

I am hoping to get Prototype 2 from gamefly soon. Since it apparently is much easier it will be nice to just enjoy the game without all the extra crap like the last one.

GatorBeerGeek.png

#2218 Donburiboy

Donburiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

The inFamous shards were a pain, for sure. I had my little tablet on the couch next to me, opened to a map and videos.

Bring on the Wii U tablet or the smartglass or whatever, if it'll help like that. :)

I had trouble with one of the stunts, too, I forget which one. I just remember being super frustrated with it. Infamous 2 and the vamp one were much smoother for trophies.

Currently working to plat Sleeping Dogs. Finished the main game and am cleaning up stuff. Doesn't feel like grinding or work... yet. Fun game.

#2219 GatorBeerGeek

GatorBeerGeek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

If anyone on here is also a member of ps3trophies.org and posts often over there (need to have 250 posts) and wants to join a competition with 2 other CAGs, let me know.

Velo214, KneeKnee, and myself are going to be in a team and it would be cool to have another CAG on the team if possible. Deadline is in a few days so let me know soon. I am going to post on ps3trophies looking for a 4th too since the deadline is on the 30th.

I do not think any of us are going to try and go all out to win it, but just using it as a fun reason for getting trophies like we all already do anyway. Since we all play quite a bit, who knows what will happen.

GatorBeerGeek.png

#2220 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:10 AM

just keep trying to sync it over and over. eventually it should make it.
i get this problem sometimes when i play on different ps3s with same user name when i go from room to room. it should resolve itself hopefully. just keep trying and let it sit til it is done hopefully.

Velo214.png
sig.gif