NHL 2008 Thread - Off season moves

Stranger things are happening. The rumor is my boy Jagr will hit the Penguins despite all the horrible reactions he gets in Pittsburgh. It's like A-Rod signing with the Red Sox.

The Wings have the best chance to win the cup again right now anyways.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Stranger things are happening. The rumor is my boy Jagr will hit the Penguins despite all the horrible reactions he gets in Pittsburgh. It's like A-Rod signing with the Red Sox.

The Wings have the best chance to win the cup again right now anyways.[/quote]

they surely can do it now. they retained all their top 4 d men and still keep the one of babock's favorite tandem(lebda and lilja) together. The next move should be to lock up Flip. If they can lock up Erickkson, Flip,Quincy, and Meech..than the future even looks good.

man im psyched...and I still cant wait for Justin Adelkadder and Ville Leonin to make their way in to the league. Geez, cant it be october already.

[quote name='TC']I was completely shocked by this. In a good way of course. :D[/quote]

I really hope we see a Zetterberg, Hossa, Datsyuk line. One shift is all I need. More likely though Zetters and Dats will be split up. I hope Ozzie can play as well as he did in the playoffs.

[quote name='Kendal']Did the Wings lose anyone yet? I mean I know Hassek retired(again). Who is going to back up Osgood?[/QUOTE]

Ty Conklin. They got him for less than a million per year. I actually thought they would Jimmy Howard a chance this coming season. Looks like he is going to see another year in the minors.

[quote name='Kendal']Did the Wings lose anyone yet? I mean I know Hassek retired(again). Who is going to back up Osgood?[/QUOTE]

Hasek retired
Drake MIGHT retire
McCarty is a FA
Filpulla is a FA
Downey is a FA
Chelios is a FA (but should resign)

A few others are FA, but they did not lose anyone. Ty Conklin should be a solid backup, did great for Pittsburgh. They also resigned Stuart.

Honestly, the lineup is stacked as it stands.

That the Wild didn't try harder to land Hossa is just yet another bungled deal by them. They should have grabbed Forseberg for the playoffs, they should have secured Rolston, they shouldn't wait any longer to try and get a deal going with Bouchard and they should lock up Gaborik to be a lifetime member of the Wild. Would it be too hard to ask for a single play-making center as well?

The Wild and Canucks are two teams I don't understand. I can't tell if they are in a rebuilding stage or trying to make a push for the playoffs...

Penguins re-signed Fleury and got SATAN himself (pun intended, or so I read on ESPN.com).

Looks like I'm not rooting for the Rangers anymore as the GM said Jagr is no longer a option to be re-signed.

[quote name='doubledown']Hasek retired
Drake MIGHT retire
McCarty is a FA
Filpulla is a FA
Downey is a FA
Chelios is a FA (but should resign)

A few others are FA, but they did not lose anyone. Ty Conklin should be a solid backup, did great for Pittsburgh. They also resigned Stuart.

Honestly, the lineup is stacked as it stands.[/quote]

Flip is RFA. The wings will surely lock him for the long term.

They still have to resign Quincy,Meech, and Erickson..who all should be resigning.

Conklin was signed to give Howard competition. If he can beat out conklin than he is ready..if not.i dont mind letting him sit another year at Grand Rapids.

In Russia, Jagr owns you. It's official as he just signed with the super russian league, making all his dollars tax free. Very smart move imho.

bread's done
Back