NHL 2008 Thread - Off season moves

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:36 PM

Can we pencil the Red Wings as Stanley Cup champions again....

Refer to story: http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3470849

Bring on Hossa

#2 TC

TC

Better w/o Kinect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:17 AM

I was completely shocked by this. In a good way of course. :D

#3 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:25 AM

Stranger things are happening. The rumor is my boy Jagr will hit the Penguins despite all the horrible reactions he gets in Pittsburgh. It's like A-Rod signing with the Red Sox.

The Wings have the best chance to win the cup again right now anyways.

It's just that simple.

#4 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:33 AM

Stranger things are happening. The rumor is my boy Jagr will hit the Penguins despite all the horrible reactions he gets in Pittsburgh. It's like A-Rod signing with the Red Sox.

The Wings have the best chance to win the cup again right now anyways.

they surely can do it now. they retained all their top 4 d men and still keep the one of babock's favorite tandem(lebda and lilja) together. The next move should be to lock up Flip. If they can lock up Erickkson, Flip,Quincy, and Meech..than the future even looks good.

man im psyched...and I still cant wait for Justin Adelkadder and Ville Leonin to make their way in to the league. Geez, cant it be october already.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#5 Jest

Jest

Take this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:06 AM

I was completely shocked by this. In a good way of course. :D

I really hope we see a Zetterberg, Hossa, Datsyuk line. One shift is all I need. More likely though Zetters and Dats will be split up. I hope Ozzie can play as well as he did in the playoffs.

#6 Kendal

Kendal

My sleep number is 69

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:56 AM

Did the Wings lose anyone yet? I mean I know Hassek retired(again). Who is going to back up Osgood?

But now I'm ready for D/P, excited and terrified. It's going to eat so many hours of my life.

I am a pussy :-(

Brawl FC: 3480 - 2198 - 7321 Name: KEN

#7 TC

TC

Better w/o Kinect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:07 AM

Did the Wings lose anyone yet? I mean I know Hassek retired(again). Who is going to back up Osgood?

Ty Conklin. They got him for less than a million per year. I actually thought they would Jimmy Howard a chance this coming season. Looks like he is going to see another year in the minors.

#8 tokitoki50

tokitoki50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:44 AM

The Sabres just make me angry. They make horrible moves and destroy what was an awesome team.
=======================================
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

"Well I'm sorry that after a WHOLE hour of work I like to unwind with a burger and a crack pipe"

#9 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:10 PM

Hasek retired
Drake MIGHT retire
McCarty is a FA
Filpulla is a FA
Downey is a FA
Chelios is a FA (but should resign)

A few others are FA, but they did not lose anyone. Ty Conklin should be a solid backup, did great for Pittsburgh. They also resigned Stuart.

Honestly, the lineup is stacked as it stands.

#10 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:32 PM

That the Wild didn't try harder to land Hossa is just yet another bungled deal by them. They should have grabbed Forseberg for the playoffs, they should have secured Rolston, they shouldn't wait any longer to try and get a deal going with Bouchard and they should lock up Gaborik to be a lifetime member of the Wild. Would it be too hard to ask for a single play-making center as well?
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#11 Jest

Jest

Take this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:01 PM

The Wild and Canucks are two teams I don't understand. I can't tell if they are in a rebuilding stage or trying to make a push for the playoffs...

#12 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:42 AM

Penguins re-signed Fleury and got SATAN himself (pun intended, or so I read on ESPN.com).

Looks like I'm not rooting for the Rangers anymore as the GM said Jagr is no longer a option to be re-signed.

It's just that simple.

#13 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:56 AM

Hasek retired
Drake MIGHT retire
McCarty is a FA
Filpulla is a FA
Downey is a FA
Chelios is a FA (but should resign)

A few others are FA, but they did not lose anyone. Ty Conklin should be a solid backup, did great for Pittsburgh. They also resigned Stuart.

Honestly, the lineup is stacked as it stands.

Flip is RFA. The wings will surely lock him for the long term.

They still have to resign Quincy,Meech, and Erickson..who all should be resigning.

Conklin was signed to give Howard competition. If he can beat out conklin than he is ready..if not.i dont mind letting him sit another year at Grand Rapids.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#14 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:54 PM

In Russia, Jagr owns you. It's official as he just signed with the super russian league, making all his dollars tax free. Very smart move imho.

It's just that simple.