Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

• Please log in to reply
4134 replies to this topic

#3001 TheCochese

TheCochese

I make things out of wood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:29 PM

Target @ Town Center had it's game section remodeled.

Good: it's an actual nice experience now.

Bad: almost zero clearance right now.

#3002 Space Cowboy YGI

Space Cowboy YGI

Look at your man....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:39 PM

Target @ Town Center had it's game section remodeled.

Good: it's an actual nice experience now.

Bad: almost zero clearance right now.

My connection at my local Target informed me they're big clearances will be in June once all the stores are remodeled (which is their main concern right now, hence why we haven't seen massive drops in the last 2 months).

Haven't been in a remodeled one yet. Are the TV's "wall mounted"?
Besides Star Trek, when it comes to movies, they're is no such thing as a "re-imagining." Run. It's only going to be a crappy remake.

#3003 TheCochese

TheCochese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:52 PM

I didn't really pay attention to the TVs, but I think so. The glass cases for the games are gone, and they are on racks that are the same size as the rest of the aisles. You can fondle the games in protective cases and look at the back. Games are locked in a cage behind so you still need assistance to buy one. But a much needed upgrade.

#3004 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:28 PM

Anyone looking for a 9.99 Yakuza 2 used for the PS2? BBV on 41 in Kennesaw has one.

ach.pngthe_it_crowd_moss.jpg

#3005 jaideam

jaideam

らき☆すた

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:02 AM

If anyone sees any Sony XBR8's anywhere could you let me know? Thanks :)

#3006 Enron

Enron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:39 PM

atl thread sho is quiet

#3007 jaideam

jaideam

らき☆すた

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:16 AM

Seems CAG has been a bit quiet in general for me lately - but that may be b/c I haven't been actively hunting for deals as of late heh

#3008 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:57 PM

I found my 75% off copies of GH:VH, DJ Hero, and GH5 last month, so I'm happy and set for a good while now (plus, yeah, the Targets have nothing these days).

OH, one thing of note-- I snagged a 2-pack of Belkin HDMI cables for $10 at the ATL Station store last week, if anyone needs some of those.

I got NO MORE HEROES 2 (via Goozex) and SMG2 (via Amazon) in the mail this week, too, so I'm set for stuff to play right now. :)

#3009 Watto11107

Watto11107

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2010 - 03:01 AM

Wal Mart at Ashford Dunwoody Rd had

Skate 2 $10
Soul Calibur 4 $10
AC DC track pack $360 $10
Guitar Hero 2/Guitar Hero Aerosmith combo pack either $10 or $15

There were other titles but those are the only ones that stick out. I got Soul Clalibur 4 and Skate 2.

#3010 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2010 - 01:52 AM

Dang, wish I could get over there for Skate 2. Not interested enough to make the drive. I have to think it's worth $10 though.
Posted Image

#3011 TheCochese

TheCochese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2010 - 01:56 AM

I've been into woodworking lately. I still play, but not nearly as much. That third kid really takes a lot of effort.

#3012 Ubiiquitous

Ubiiquitous

I Can't Spell Ubiquitous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:29 AM

Dang, wish I could get over there for Skate 2. Not interested enough to make the drive. I have to think it's worth $10 though.

Not sure if this helps you too much, but with the EDGE card, it's only $16.20 at Gamestop used.

I paid full price for it and feel it's worth it.

#3013 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:28 AM

For all those who are abondoning their DVDs for BR:

Posted Image

Here's your chance to save some green when you go Blu at Best Buy.

Just trade in any DVD* and you'll receive a coupon good for $5 off the purchase of any
Blu-ray movie priced $14.99 or more.

But don't delay — offer ends July 3, 2010. Visit a Georgia Best Buy store near you for complete details.
*Trade in your original DVD (no burned copies) with the original case at the customer service counter and receive a $5 off coupon valid on all Blu-ray movies priced $14.99 or more. One coupon per transaction. Not valid with any other discounts or packages. Markdown taken from regular prices. Your original DVD must have been commercially produced and be with the original case. Unrated and/or adult movies excluded. One coupon per person; one coupon per transaction. Not valid with any other offer. Valid on in-stock Blu-ray movies only. No cash value. Good 05/30/10 – 07/03/10. Redeemable only at Georgia Best Buy locations. Not valid at Georgia Best Buy Mobile locations.

Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#3014 Robotechnology

Robotechnology

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:27 PM

Hiya. Anyone had any luck finding a 20-dollar "Mass Effect 2" at a metro K-Mart? I called the one at 5597 Buford Hwy around 11 Sunday morning, and the nice fellow that answered the phone in Electronics said he'd just sold the last copy. Glad I didn't make the effort to drive.

#3015 RoninChaos

RoninChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:09 PM

Hey guys, I got an extra copy of 3d Dot Game Heroes that's still sealed. I was looking at selling it for like 30. Anybody interested?
I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious... but I am so it comes out that way.
-Bill Hicks.

I'm your Huckleberry

#3016 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:11 PM

Hey guys, I got an extra copy of 3d Dot Game Heroes that's still sealed. I was looking at selling it for like 30. Anybody interested?

think GS still has it for $30 w/$10 off coupon

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#3017 RoninChaos

RoninChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:32 PM

I checked GS, it didn't. Oh well. Figured I'd offer it up here before I threw it on Ebay and craig's list.
I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious... but I am so it comes out that way.
-Bill Hicks.

I'm your Huckleberry

#3018 dogmae

dogmae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:26 PM

Anybody see the 360-S (slim or whatever) at and GS today? The ones I called said tomorrow.

#3019 bier

bier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:02 PM

For anyone near the Mall of Georgia, HTC is doing a promotional event for their Avia phone outside of the Best Buy location today. Let a rep tell you about the phone features for under two minutes, and they will give you a $10 Best Buy gift card.

Works well with the Blur deal going on, walk out of the store with the Blur game for about two bucks after the giftcard and coupons. I had no problem using both the RZ coupon and the mfr coupon at this location.

#3020 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:54 AM

For all those who are abondoning their DVDs for BR:

Just know that the $5 coupons expire the end of next month. For those of y'all who buy movies all the time I'm sure thats no big deal. But for someone like me who hardly ever does, it's disappointing. The three coupons I have will probably all go unused.
gwensigol8.png

#3021 ZharTheMad

ZharTheMad

Target Mastermind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:04 PM

Target BOGO Video Games

Does anyone want one of the BOGO video games from the Target sale this week? If so I would be willing to go in together and split the weighted cost (ie. $40 game and $60 game; each person pays 40% and 60% respectively).

I am interested in Borderlands 360, but not really anything else...
[URL="http://www.speedtest.net"]Posted Image[/URL]

#3022 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:25 PM

Target BOGO Video Games

Does anyone want one of the BOGO video games from the Target sale this week? If so I would be willing to go in together and split the weighted cost (ie. $40 game and $60 game; each person pays 40% and 60% respectively).

do they have this in this week's ad or something?

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#3023 ZharTheMad

ZharTheMad

Target Mastermind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:32 PM

do they have this in this week's ad or something?

Yes a few are listed in this week's ad, but the link below has all titles listed.

http://www.target.co...node=2210801011
[URL="http://www.speedtest.net"]Posted Image[/URL]

#3024 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:16 PM

Just know that the $5 coupons expire the end of next month. For those of y'all who buy movies all the time I'm sure thats no big deal. But for someone like me who hardly ever does, it's disappointing. The three coupons I have will probably all go unused.

Bummer the coupons end so soon. I'm still keeping my DVDs for now for use on portable players, but there's one or two I might trade in for this. There are a bunch of good blus that hit 14.99 though. You really can't find anything? I'm tempted to get Die Hard 2 or Taken with $10 movie cash for $10.

Borderlands is awesome, especially if you like dungeon crawler/Diablo type games. I haven't seen anything from E3 last week, but I kinda thought they might announce a Borderlands GOTY with all the DLC there. There's gotta be one coming and it would be worth it to save on all the DLC.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#3025 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:53 PM

You really can't find anything? I'm tempted to get Die Hard 2 or Taken with $10 movie cash for $10.

There are a few movies I'd like to pick up (wish they would put Finding Nemo, Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro on blu) but I I have to watch the $, I have a hard time buying a movie for $10+ when I'm only going to watch it once every three or four years.
gwensigol8.png

#3026 Brain In Chains

Brain In Chains

Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:43 AM

A little update: :D

Target:
The Target on Barrett Parkway, East West, and 41 all have zero clearance games right now. This remodeling has killed the clearance sections.
I did notice that one of the B1G1 games at the East West Target was SC: Conviction. I don't remember seeing that one on the official list.

Sears:
Sears at Cumberland Mall was a disappointment as well the clearance consisted of a bunch of $20 and $30 run of the mill greatest/platinum hits. I spied Shadowrun for the 360 (I REALLY want to find this game cheap) but it was packaged in with Condemned for $30!!! What the Hell?!?

Best Buy:
Best Buy at Barrett Parkway and the one on 41 would not accept the Blur for $10 deal.

Walmart:
The Walmart on the East West had a good $5 dvd bin. Plus The Patriot on blu for $15, I picked that one up!

I hope this helps someone or at least saves you a trip somewhere! :D I will try and update everyone on the stores in my area somewhat regularly!

Requests:
If anyone knows of a Walmart that has the SOCOM w/ Sony Headset in stock I would appreciate it.

If anyone spies Oblivion GOTY, Fallout 3 GOTY, FF XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction,Bioshock 2, Alan Wake at a good price please let me know!

Edited by Brain In Chains, 23 June 2010 - 05:01 AM.

#3027 GibbGA

GibbGA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:26 PM

Borderlands is awesome, especially if you like dungeon crawler/Diablo type games. I haven't seen anything from E3 last week, but I kinda thought they might announce a Borderlands GOTY with all the DLC there. There's gotta be one coming and it would be worth it to save on all the DLC.

Agreed, Borderlands is awesome. I haven't heard anything about a GOTY, but at one point there was mention of at least one more expansion pack. So, I'm crossing my fingers that they still intend to put it out.

#3028 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:09 PM

Had no idea there was an ATL thread :D

I myself am representing the Clayton/Henry country area. Seems like I'm one of the few that knows about well known gaming deals around here haha!

Scored Blur for $10 at Mt. Zion Best Buy btw...
Posted Image

#3029 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:24 PM

Best Buy:
Best Buy at Barrett Parkway and the one on 41 would not accept the Blur for $10 deal.

Requests:
If anyone knows of a Walmart that has the SOCOM w/ Sony Headset in stock I would appreciate it.

RE: the Smyrna/ Marietta store on 41
You will not get any deals there- EVAH!
Seriously, the managers there are terrible. If the deal requires an over-ride it will not happen.

If a deal scans w/o one and you're there early you have a chance but I've seen managers tell employees to deny some deals that still scan.

I even got shot down on the Blur deal just trying to use just one of the coupons because as the manager said, "it's on sale; The coupon says it's not good when it's on sale."

Some of the employees there even "cherry picked" the bins the morning that the $10 game sale happened.

I've gotten a few pennied guides there, but they are pretty good about pulling them.

It's my closest BBY and I avoid it because it's a waste of my time.

Terrible.

I haven't seen any of the SOCOM HS bundles in a while but I will gladly look for you. I picked up one up during Target's clearance and it's a nice deal.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#3030 Brain In Chains

Brain In Chains

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:42 PM

RE: the Smyrna/ Marietta store on 41
You will not get any deals there- EVAH!
Seriously, the managers there are terrible. If the deal requires an over-ride it will not happen.

If a deal scans w/o one and you're there early you have a chance but I've seen managers tell employees to deny some deals that still scan.

I even got shot down on the Blur deal just trying to use just one of the coupons because as the manager said, "it's on sale; The coupon says it's not good when it's on sale."

Some of the employees there even "cherry picked" the bins the morning that the $10 game sale happened.

I've gotten a few pennied guides there, but they are pretty good about pulling them.

It's my closest BBY and I avoid it because it's a waste of my time.

Terrible.

I haven't seen any of the SOCOM HS bundles in a while but I will gladly look for you. I picked up one up during Target's clearance and it's a nice deal.

Yeah, the employees there are generally worthless and or stragne. One of the guys in the Apple section found out I had a jailbroken iPhone and he kept hinting that I was pirating apps. Apparently that is all you can do with a jailbroken device :roll: Another time I had an employee ask me if I needed any help, I told him he did because he had a big earthworm on his shoulder.

There is one lady in the customer service area that is helpful and nice. I don't expect her to last to long at that store.

And thanks for keeping an eye out for me!