Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

• Please log in to reply
4134 replies to this topic

#3751 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:25 PM

The Sears on Roswell and Johnson Ferry is closing (well turning into a KMart I guess). 20% of video games and a bunch of other stuff, but I don't think VG hardware is included. The 3DS wasn't anyway.

I guess it depends who you talk to, I was told that the X360 & PS3 was part of the clearence sale.

That location was originally a Kmart before it turned into a Sears. I would rather have a Kmart since they are virtually non-existant in the Atlanta area...

#3752 hpbbes

hpbbes

I typo'd my username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:13 PM

I've done well at the Sears too in my 3ish years here. From a non-video game perspective, my family really likes Lands End and they always have good sales, especially on kid's clothes.

I didn't pick anything up and would never complain about discount video games, but you'd think that most of their stock would just be shifted over to KMart.

#3753 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:05 PM

At the corner of Bethelview road and Canton Hwy. It was the only location left in Forsyth county.

Huh, never knew about that one, and it's not terribly far from my Mom's house off 141. Oh well.

#3754 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:29 PM

Yeah, which one? I only ever hit the Crabapple one, the store at the end of Windward, and the one at State Bridge/Jones Bridge. I didn't even bother going to any of those while I was up there for Christmas, because-- TOO MANY UNPLAYED GAMES ON MY SHELF.

Ponce store is still holding on, as far as I can tell.

I just called the Windward store is closing too. You might want check your closest stores, since they just started the liquidation sale. My closest one will close in mid Feb. Apparently the employees got the notification the store was closing a week and a half ago.

Since all of my closest stores have all closed down, I will probably convert to Netflix, because the in store exchanges was one of the best features of Blockbuster Online...

#3755 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:33 AM

Welp, I spoke too soon. The Ponce store is closing!

14% off used BDs. I got LET THE RIGHT ONE IN and THE FALL for about $13 total, so that was cool.

#3756 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:08 AM

I wonder what other stores are closing? I only know of the stores in Crabapple, Sandy Springs, and Buford that were still open earlier this month....

#3757 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:42 AM

The one at Jones Bridge / State Bridge still lives, I guess. That's considered Johns Creek, right? Not aware of any others.

#3758 SeanAmI

SeanAmI

No you cannot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:06 AM

The one at Jones Bridge / State Bridge still lives, I guess. That's considered Johns Creek, right? Not aware of any others.

Ill check when I drop some stuff of at Goodwill later in the week.

#3759 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:15 PM

If you would keep Tyler Rolison in your thoughts and prayers, I'd greatly appreciate it. He's a son of a friend of mine and he was involved in a car accident that broke his C3-C7 vertebrae. He has feeling in his body and extremities but cannot move his fingers or lower extremities. He has damage to the front of his spinal cord. He will be transferred to the Shepherd Center on Monday. Worse case after Shepherd is he will be a quadriplegic. Best case he will walk but will never fully recover.

I've seen miracles happen before and I'm hoping for another one.

the_it_crowd_moss.jpgdefault.png

#3760 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:36 PM

If you would keep Tyler Rolison in your thoughts and prayers, I'd greatly appreciate it. He's a son of a friend of mine and he was involved in a car accident that broke his C3-C7 vertebrae. He has feeling in his body and extremities but cannot move his fingers or lower extremities. He has damage to the front of his spinal cord. He will be transferred to the Shepherd Center on Monday. Worse case after Shepherd is he will be a quadriplegic. Best case he will walk but will never fully recover.

I've seen miracles happen before and I'm hoping for another one.

So sorry to hear that, mitch. Sending positive vibes in his direction.

#3761 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:54 AM

I was told at the Cumming store, that the Crabapple store is staying open...

#3762 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:30 PM

Cool. Found out the other day that the Ponce store is supposed to stay open 'til mid March. Also, they are making no effort to sticker anything. So, that's awesome. Want to buy something? Get ready to get every price checked before you do so. No change in % off yet.

#3763 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:41 AM

Just got a code for xbox360 saints row 3 DLC season pass AND ps3 uncharted 3 season pass $45 value for free at the Hiram, Georgia Best Buy store touch screen thing tonight. I was with a couple of friends who also printed their codes, so I am not sure if it will still be active tomorrow, but in case it is and you are out and about...I'd check it out

Lucky, i'd love to have the SR3 Season Pass.
Posted Image

#3764 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:30 PM

The State Bridge BBuster in Alpharetta/Johns Creek is closing, too-- Mid-February. I stopped by there today after a lunch mission to Roswell. Good selection of used BDs, and they're 30% off, BUT they are doing it weird.

If you see one marked for $5.99, it's actually gonna ring up at $7.99, and then get the 30% taken off. As far as I could tell, they just applied some cheaper stickers that are NEAR what the actual discounted price will be. Easier for some to deal with, but it threw off my tallying, ticked me off, and meant that I left a few movies on the counter without buying them. I was expecting to pay 70% of 5.99, which is how it has worked at EVERY OTHER CLOSING BLOCKBUSTER.

Anyway, yeah, decent deals if you're near there. 20% off used games. 10% off new BDs.

#3765 Shivanhaven

Shivanhaven

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:59 PM

Cartersville, GA Blockbuster put up their closing signs this past Friday. Lots of stock, but the markdown isn't that great yet (10% off).

#3766 Watto11107

Watto11107

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:17 PM

Maybe someone can give me answer on this. Rented Modern Warfare 3 from Sandy Springs Blockbuster back in November. Was doing the monthly pass of 1 movie or game out at a time. Went by the Blockbuster towards the middle or end of December and saw that it closed. They must have cancelled my subscription as it isn't coming out of my account anymore. But what should I do with the game? Do I take it back to another store? I never received a call that the store was canceling or to return the game. Nor have I received call from any other Blockbuster.

#3767 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:08 PM

Maybe someone can give me answer on this. Rented Modern Warfare 3 from Sandy Springs Blockbuster back in November. Was doing the monthly pass of 1 movie or game out at a time. Went by the Blockbuster towards the middle or end of December and saw that it closed. They must have cancelled my subscription as it isn't coming out of my account anymore. But what should I do with the game? Do I take it back to another store? I never received a call that the store was canceling or to return the game. Nor have I received call from any other Blockbuster.

Well i'd say if the store's closed and you haven't been charged for it, just keep it; they're apparently not worried about it at this point.
Posted Image

#3768 whisper22

whisper22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:50 AM

Does anyone have any experience with getting back a stolen xbox? Like dealing with MS to get the IP address of the console and whatnot? My ex won't give me back my xbox and may or may not have sold it yet or be selling it soon. I've filed a police report so I'm just waiting for them to call me about it. If anyone happens to find a guy named Brian selling a 360S near Roswell thats him.

#3769 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:55 AM

Wow, that sucks. No, no experience with anything like that. Good luck!

Anyone else in town playing STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC? If so, let me know. I'm enjoying it pretty well so far.

#3770 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:31 AM

Wow, that sucks. No, no experience with anything like that. Good luck!

Anyone else in town playing STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC? If so, let me know. I'm enjoying it pretty well so far.

Yep have a level 41 Trooper and level 18 Inquisitor on Hedar Soongh.
Posted Image

#3771 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

Does anyone have any experience with getting back a stolen xbox? Like dealing with MS to get the IP address of the console and whatnot? My ex won't give me back my xbox and may or may not have sold it yet or be selling it soon. I've filed a police report so I'm just waiting for them to call me about it. If anyone happens to find a guy named Brian selling a 360S near Roswell thats him.

:hot:Yikes!
I'm not sure how MS will handle this at all. Hope everything works out for you.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#3772 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:32 AM

Yep have a level 41 Trooper and level 18 Inquisitor on Hedar Soongh.

My Trooper is on The Ebon Hawk. Also have a newb Sith on Mind Trick.

#3773 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

I went to the last remaining open Blockbuster that I know of (in Crabapple), and I couldn't see anything that they are doing that would keep themselves open. Since it is a 30min drive for me, I won't be using that store.

To me it is pretty obvious that Blockbuster can't maintain the retail store business for much longer, when there are cheaper alternatives. Dish network likely primarily purchased Blockbuster in the first place so they could buy the branding...

#3774 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:08 AM

I just checked with the Crabapple store again, and I was told that it is the only store open in a 30 mile radius, it sounds to me that it is the only store open north of the perimeter...

#3775 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:00 AM

I just checked with the Crabapple store again, and I was told that it is the only store open in a 30 mile radius, it sounds to me that it is the only store open north of the perimeter...

The one at Windward/McGinnis is still open-- I went there today. They are liquidating, though.

$7 for all used BDs, 30% off used games, 20% off new BDs. Good selection of all remaining.

#3776 Ellahjay88

Ellahjay88

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:21 AM

The one at Windward/McGinnis is still open-- I went there today. They are liquidating, though.

$7 for all used BDs, 30% off used games, 20% off new BDs. Good selection of all remaining.

That is the same deal our Blockbuster in Douglasville, Georgia is doing if anyone is interested. I'd call first because it seems like the sales are different depending on who is there. We went the NEXT day (on a thursday) after being there Wednesday and the prices were not as cheap...made no sense
Posted Image

#3777 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:33 AM

I know all the stores are still open, it will take at least a month for any of these locations to close permanently.

What I ment to say is that the Crabapple location is going to remain open, they still operating normally (for now), the next store remaining open is 30 miles away.

#3778 chrisd

chrisd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

Blockbuster on Ponce is closing. Blu-Rays and DVDs (used) are 8.99.

New Blu-Rays are 20% off. Not sure about DVDs, but I think it's the same.

Still a good selection. Picked up a couple of used blu rays.

#3779 Robotechnology

Robotechnology

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

Thanks for the update on the Ponce BBuster. I might have to hit Chipotle and swing by there sometime this weekend.

#3780 kitlink

kitlink

I just like dancin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:34 AM

If anyone is interested, I've got an extra ticket to see Tool that I'm trying to get rid of. The ticket is in section 108, row S, seat 15 (side of the stage), and I was hoping to get about face value for it.