Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

• Please log in to reply
4134 replies to this topic

#3781 chrisd

chrisd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:30 PM

Thanks for the update on the Ponce BBuster. I might have to hit Chipotle and swing by there sometime this weekend.

No problem. I should have mentioned that while they do have games, it didn't strike me as a good selection or good prices.

#3782 Robotechnology

Robotechnology

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:35 PM

I'm going to that Tool show too, with some cowrorkers who are pretty big fans. I'll keep an ear out if they wish they'd bought another ticket.

#3783 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

Anybody else going to see David Mead at Smith's Olde Bar tonight?

#3784 grundy

grundy

Whatevr a spider can

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:06 PM

Sears at this location: 4269 Roswell Rd Marietta, GA 30062
(678) 403-4600: has games on liquidation clearance for 40% off. Not terrific prices and certain items are still full price, such as PSN cards and Xbox Points. However, I do think they have some games people will want around $10-15 after discount. Go check it out. :D

Isn't that the one that's going to be converted BACK to a K-Mart? :roll:

Currently playing:
:360: nothing
:3ds: nothing
:pc: nothing
:ps3: Killzone HD

#3785 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

Isn't that the one that's going to be converted BACK to a K-Mart? :roll:

Yeah, it is, which is awesome with all the new gaming deals K-mart is putting out now. :D

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#3786 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:05 AM

Yeah, it is, which is awesome with all the new gaming deals K-mart is putting out now. :D

I think you missed how Kmart pulled the plug on that. Or you're being sarcastic.

the_it_crowd_moss.jpgdefault.png

#3787 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:37 AM

I think you missed how Kmart pulled the plug on that. Or you're being sarcastic.

Wait, seriously? Kmart canceled the epicness!? Man, I really need to check on here more often. D:

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#3788 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:58 AM

Yeah, find the locked k-mart gamer thread. Seems corporate put an end to what Josh was doing, his deals are done, and K-Mart is back to sucking.

the_it_crowd_moss.jpgdefault.png

#3789 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:53 AM

On the positive side, maybe KMart clearance will pick back up. As soon as a manager with gaming knowledge took over I knew $2 to $5 games were over.

#3790 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

I just got a $40 PS2 slim at the GameStop on Mansell in Roswell. There's at least one left. These are the SEALED ones that were recently converted to "used" product. Jump on it if you're so inclined!

#3791 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

The Riverwood Target (State Bridge and Medlock Bridge) has some MW3 Xbox 360 wireless controllers on clearance for $30. These are the special edition style ones, with the twisting D-pad. The cheapest you can typically get those are $50 normally (albeit they come with a rechargable battery pack) and even the normal wireless controllers are typically $36 at Amazon. Can't beat this price, as long as you don't mind the MW3 skinning. I bought 1 and there are 2 left.
Posted Image

#3792 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

So it looks like the Ponce Blockbuster is holding firm at $7.99 for all their used BDs in cases. Ridiculously, that is also the price for used _DVDs_ in cases. STOP PLAYIN', BLOCKBUSTER.

BUT! There is an interesting deal. They've gotten in a large number of DVDs and BDs from Blockbuster Online in the little white sleeves. These are $3.99 (eh), but you can get FIVE for $7.50! Pretty nice deal, as there are some good titles to be had on BD, if you don't mind the lack of case.

I got:
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON
CRANK 2
SHERLOCK HOLMES
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
TAKEN
GI JOE
THE TOWN

plus DVDs of MACGRUBER, FUNNY PEOPLE, and TRANSFORMERS 2 to round out my batch of 10.

Other things they have among the disc-only BDs: SALT, INVICTUS, THE WOLFMAN, SEX AND THE CITY (both movies, I think?) ... I'll add more later if I remember them.

#3793 chrisd

chrisd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

So it looks like the Ponce Blockbuster is holding firm at $7.99 for all their used BDs in cases. Ridiculously, that is also the price for used _DVDs_ in cases. STOP PLAYIN', BLOCKBUSTER.

BUT! There is an interesting deal. They've gotten in a large number of DVDs and BDs from Blockbuster Online in the little white sleeves. These are $3.99 (eh), but you can get FIVE for $7.50! Pretty nice deal, as there are some good titles to be had on BD, if you don't mind the lack of case.

I got:
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON
CRANK 2
SHERLOCK HOLMES
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
TAKEN
GI JOE
THE TOWN

plus DVDs of MACGRUBER, FUNNY PEOPLE, and TRANSFORMERS 2 to round out my batch of 10.

Other things they have among the disc-only BDs: SALT, INVICTUS, THE WOLFMAN, SEX AND THE CITY (both movies, I think?) ... I'll add more later if I remember them.

I was just there today, but didn't have the time to go through the white envelopes. I'll probably swing by again tomorrow. The guy there said that they will be closing on March 18. I have to think the prices will go down further the closer they get to that date. They dropped them from $8.99 to $7.99 since I went there a couple of weeks ago and they still hadn't moved much of the merchandise.

#3794 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:40 AM

The disc-only BDs are confined to the shorter rack on a table out in the center of the floor, right in front of the registers. They are on the side facing the back wall, on the right end of the table.

#3795 whisper22

whisper22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:34 AM

I just got a $40 PS2 slim at the GameStop on Mansell in Roswell. There's at least one left. These are the SEALED ones that were recently converted to "used" product. Jump on it if you're so inclined!

Does that mean that all the stores should have them at this price? Assuming of course that they have them in stock.

#3796 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:14 AM

Does that mean that all the stores should have them at this price? Assuming of course that they have them in stock.

Yes, scored one at the Snellville store last weekend. You have to ask for a new ps2, if they're knowledgeable they will explain it's still sealed but will sold as used. I got mine at the one across from Office Depot. Dunno if Presidential Commons has it or not.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#3797 whisper22

whisper22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:00 PM

Yes, scored one at the Snellville store last weekend. You have to ask for a new ps2, if they're knowledgeable they will explain it's still sealed but will sold as used. I got mine at the one across from Office Depot. Dunno if Presidential Commons has it or not.

Awesome. I'll be checking it out this afternoon. Thanks.

#3798 whisper22

whisper22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

No luck :( either the dude was just a dick or they really don't have any sealed ones. I asked if the other store had any and he just said no. I didn't recognize him, he def wasn't one of the couple of cool people that work there that I've dealt with before. I've got a friend that works at GS so I'm gonna check with him but if anyone finds one and can grab it for me that'd be awesome.

#3799 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:22 PM

Call the store on Mansell and see if they still have the one that was there on Tuesday.

#3800 whisper22

whisper22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:51 AM

Called and the girl said she's been there a year and has never seen a new ps2. Bullshit. Haven't heard back from my friend so not sure that's gonna help me any.

#3801 Ellahjay88

Ellahjay88

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:51 AM

Just picked up Trigun the ENTIRE series on DVD for only $9.99 at FYE in Douglasville, Georgia! I have pics too I will post soon :) Not sure if it is YMMV or what, but I was looking for Tron on Blu-Ray in the 2pack and ran across this tonight. I took it to the register to make sure I was not seeing things and they rang it up and told me it really is $9.99...okay I will take it!

Edit: Adding pic. Also I am not sure how many they have/had but I noticed a lot of other cheap anime DVDs. Unfortunately I didn't have much time to skim through it because of a dinner date, but I couldn't pass on this one >.<

Posted Image

Edited by Ellahjay88, 04 February 2012 - 02:58 AM.
pic added

Posted Image

#3802 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:55 AM

Just picked up Trigun the ENTIRE series on DVD for only $9.99 at FYE in Douglasville, Georgia! I have pics too I will post soon :)

Edit: Adding pic

Posted Image

Very Nice.
Posted Image

#3803 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:05 AM

hmmm i might have to check out this sale...cuz afterall i am who i am

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#3804 whisper22

whisper22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:16 AM

Target is supposed to have DR2: Off the Record and Halo Anniversary (both for 360) on clearance. If anyone sees them, let me know.

You guys that got the sealed PS2s, what did you say when you went in?

#3805 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:09 AM

I asked for a new PS2. The guy who helped me, Jared, knew exactly what I meant. They were out on the floor, right in front of the register, along with a few actual used ones.

I asked at the Edgewood store last week, and they seemed ignorant of the new system conversion. They only had used ones.

#3806 whisper22

whisper22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

Maybe I just got the dumb people or something cause they were all "oh we don't have new ones anymore blah blah"

#3807 SeanAmI

SeanAmI

No you cannot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

Just picked up Trigun the ENTIRE series on DVD for only $9.99 at FYE in Douglasville, Georgia! I have pics too I will post soon :) Not sure if it is YMMV or what, but I was looking for Tron on Blu-Ray in the 2pack and ran across this tonight. I took it to the register to make sure I was not seeing things and they rang it up and told me it really is $9.99...okay I will take it!

Edit: Adding pic. Also I am not sure how many they have/had but I noticed a lot of other cheap anime DVDs. Unfortunately I didn't have much time to skim through it because of a dinner date, but I couldn't pass on this one >.<

Posted Image

Anyone able to confirm this at any other fye stores?

#3808 whisper22

whisper22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

Stopped at the store at Presidential Commons and was told that they have to "convert" the new PS2s by playing them or "whatever it takes" to make them used. It would be fine if I was getting the same story from everyone but this is just a bunch of crap.

#3809 whisper22

whisper22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

Woo got one!

#3810 whisper22

whisper22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:06 AM

I should prob also mention that I went in the Target on Lawrenceville-Suwanee and they had nothing on the clearance shelf.