Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

• Please log in to reply
4134 replies to this topic

#3811 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:28 AM

Yeah, every Target I check lately, the cupboard is bare. They really blew things out in January.

Glad you found a PS2!

#3812 chrisd

chrisd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

Went back to Ponce BB on Monday. New Blu Rays are 30% off. Used blu rays and dvds are 6.99. Used TV dvds are 12.99. Forget what the dvds in the envelopes are going for now. Slim pickings on games.

#3813 Ellahjay88

Ellahjay88

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:55 PM

Went with a friend so we could get her a copy of the Trigun series at FYE but the sale is over :( back to regular price.

I haven't seen any other great deals. I checked out our Blockbuster and KMart sales in Douglasville, but found nothing worth mentioning or even buying.
Posted Image

#3814 Enron

Enron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:42 PM

heads up atl cag - just picked up ps3 resistance doomsday move bundle for 44 dollars at n druid hills target. this includes r3, ps move camera/cintrollers, and the sony sharpshooter. Incredible steal. There are no more left at this location but its worth hitting your nearest targets for.

#3815 SeanAmI

SeanAmI

No you cannot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:54 AM

Next week is the last week for the Blockbuster near Winward Parkway. Saw some guy hoarding a bunch of Duke Nukems to resell (haha good luck with that).

#3816 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:52 AM

Ha! I think every version of Duke Nukem has hit $5 new at some point by now.

Awesome news on the Resistance bundle. That would be a mighty fine score, indeed. There were none at Edgewood tonight.

#3817 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:28 AM

I passed the Stockbridge Blockbuster yesterday and saw they were closing as well....are any of them staying open? It was after hours so i'm not sure of the prices and such might go check tomorrow.
Posted Image

#3818 Enron

Enron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

Ha! I think every version of Duke Nukem has hit $5 new at some point by now.

Awesome news on the Resistance bundle. That would be a mighty fine score, indeed. There were none at Edgewood tonight.

Yeah, I meant to post that yesterday afternoon and could have saved you some time. I went straight to the Edgewood one after N Druid Hills to check, lol.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3819 CocheseUGA

CocheseUGA

Dominate!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

Must go find that Resistance bundle.

#3820 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

No sweat-- it wasn't out of the way for me.

I checked Sidney Marcus and ATL Station today. No luck at either, but I was pleased to find the most recent ACE COMBAT for PS3 for about $12. I bought the only copy.

Edited by El Gray, 15 February 2012 - 12:01 AM.

#3821 Enron

Enron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:23 AM

No sweat-- it wasn't out of the way for me.

I checked Sidney Marcus and ATL Station today. No luck at either, but I was pleased to find the most recent ACE COMBAT for PS3 for about $12. I bought the only copy.

ARGGHHH. That's what I was doing at Target in the first place yesterday - looking for AC:AH in case it was clearanced already. Damnnit!

#3822 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:33 AM

The Dvd's at Stockbridge BB are at 7.99, the Blus are 9.99 and the games are only 30% off, not much to talk about for the games but lots of DVDs and Blus left. and lots of the dvds in the sleeves.
Posted Image

#3823 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

Gonna try and check Perimeter and Buckhead Targets today for Resistance bundle... unless anyone can tell me they've already done so?

#3824 Enron

Enron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

at buckhead target now. some 9.98 dualshock 2s but thats it.

#3825 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:05 AM

Blockbuster Update: The locations at 5 Forks and Dogwood off Ronald Reagan and the one on 124 and Centerville Rosebud are on the same path. They both were closing on the 19th although I was told at the one off Ronald Reagan the date got pushed back a week to the 26th, didn't ask again at the other. Both had a bigger than normal drop on Monday going from 3.99 to 1.99 for used BRs/DVDs, tv sets dropped from 9.99 to 4.99, used games are 50% off, new games are 40% off, new DVDs/BRs are 50% off, DVDs in sleeves are still 5 for 7.50, 10 for 15 etc. The RR location has mostly TV DVDs (I've made sets of Scrubs S2 & 4, Sopranos S1, The Wire S3 & 5, My Name is Earl S2, Monk S4 and Fringe S1) and a bunch of movie DVDs while the Centerville store has no tv in sleeves, but does have a bunch of movie DVDs and BRs. The RR store seems to have a little more stuff and while at the other store they talked about some lady buying $1200 worth of BRs a couple days ago! They had a bunch of new BRs last time I was there, now not so many. Took a good look around both stores so ask if you're looking for something.

Also, if anyone sees a new PS2 at a GS please let me know. A friend teaching in Japan is in need of a new one as his died.

#3826 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

Two MW3 controllers at $42 and a copy of Vampire Weekend's CONTRA for $3 at the Prado Target in SSprings, but nothing else of note.

Nothing interesting at the Perimeter SuperTarget.

#3827 Enron

Enron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

Found a silver dualshock 3, 27.48 at cobb pkwy target. dpci 207 00 0297. Only one, which i purchased.

Edited by Enron, 16 February 2012 - 11:45 PM.

#3828 SeanAmI

SeanAmI

No you cannot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:44 AM

Winward Target had nothing.
Peachtree Parkway one had some crappy DS games and Fallout New Vegas. All $9.98

#3829 zatfish

zatfish

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

I picked up 360 MW3 controller for $30 at the The Dallas Hwy store.

#3830 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:03 AM

Ponce Blockbuster:
Cased DVDs/BDs now $5.
New DVDs/BDs and used games now 40% off.
Sleeved discs still 10 for $15 (not many BDs left).

They have done some nice organizing on the remaining stock. Pretty easy to find anything you might be looking for. Even the sleeved discs are now alphabetized and have a title card in between each batch of movies.

#3831 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:26 AM

Also stopped by Ponce today. TV sets were 13 although there were a ton less than last time I was there. Like an inordinate amount less compared to how other stores have gone. They were rearranging while I was there, but didn't see the rest anywhere else.

The store off Ronald Reagan dropped new prices from 50% off to 70% off today. New/used games stayed at 50% and other prices held. Got Date Night and Inception for $6 each. Heard a lot of great about both so why not?

Store on Centerville/Rosebud and 124 had the same drops with the only notable difference being that movies in sleeves were now .99 each. No such sign at the RR store. FYI, despite the store closes at 9pm sign there is a handwritten sign stating the times that store (centerville/124 store) closes with some nights being 7 and others 8 so go early if you go. More games selection at centerville, but more used bluray at RR. New is about the same.

For the Ponce store, if it goes like the other two, the time to rack up will be not this monday when it should drop to 3.99 a movie, but the week after when it skips to 1.99 and 50% off games/new stuff. Alot was bought during that week at the other stores although selection was obviously better Monday and Tuesday.

#3832 Robotechnology

Robotechnology

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

Thanks for all the Ponce BB updates, fellas. So, JDawgg, are you saying that the time to go will be 2/27, when you predict blurays will be 1.99? Or did I miss a week and you're predicting 3/5 for that drop? I'm just curious because I'll be on vacation for a bit, and trying to weigh if I should go by before or after my trip. Though I must say the current 5 bucks doesn't sound that bad. Especially for flicks from Summer which seem to be defiantly staying 15 dollars new (I'm looking at you Thor, Cap America, Limitless, Source Code, etc).

#3833 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:12 AM

If Ponce follows the same pattern, then they will drop to 3.99 2/27 followed by a drop to 1.99 on 3/5. To be honest I had forgotten about all of those movies and I would think I would have taken note of them, yet I don't remember seeing any of them on blu at any store, except maybe a new copy of limitless on blu. Has anyone seen those movies at a closing BBV? I think I have seen Source Code on DVD, but I've hardly looked at DVDs beyond tv sets. I know I was looking for Bridesmaids from the start, but never saw any from the start of closing. They could have shipped off the newer BRs instead of selling them.

#3834 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:51 PM

The Ponce BB did drop to $4 for used discs in cases today, and new product is 50% off.

I made a list of the titles I'd like to snag for $2 next week if they're still there, and pulled the trigger on a new BD of KISS OF THE DRAGON for $5.

Andy, none of the movies you mentioned are there on used BD.

#3835 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:42 AM

BTW, my nearby store closed yesterday. Games, used or new were still 50% off, but none were left. New DVD/BRs were still 70% off. Used BRs were still 1.99. TV Sets were still 4.99. I thought used DVDs were the same as used BRs, but I didn't buy any DVDs (only a couple BRs) and someone in the BBV thread said used DVDs dropped to .99 the last day. I know for sure about the rest though so if you're interested in something you should get it when they first drop to the prices/%ages indicated cause unless that store is different there aren't any better prices that will happen.

#3836 Enron

Enron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

I keep forgetting to check out the Ponce blockbuster. It's literally within walking distance of my house.

#3837 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:31 AM

The toys r us in Morrow is closing to move down to mcdonough, everything is 40=60% off as of right now. There are no electronics left however, i went for figures myself and got a replica Neca Jason mask for 12 bucks and a Bioshock 2 Delta with little sister and bunny splicer mask for 15.
Posted Image

#3838 Robotechnology

Robotechnology

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

As of Monday, 3/5, the Ponce 'Buster's blurays were holding at 2.99 each. I was hoping for 2 bucks, but then went ahead and grabbed the 4 movies I wanted and figured it wouldn't be worth my time and effort to come back (next week?) to save another buck on each. Curiously, the 4 rang up to a grand total of $11.25 with tax.

#3839 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:05 AM

Yeah, I bought a few, too, and mine were cheaper than I expected, as well! Not sure what the math was.

I bought 3 new BDs, too. Pretty good deals on a few of those now.

#3840 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:38 AM

Stopped by, too. I guess they didn't follow the pricing pattern the two in Gwinnett did. Picked up a used dvd for 2.99, not cheaper and a few new blus I felt were cheap enough at 60% off. Got the new Rambo and Hellboy for 5.20 each, Night at the Museum 2 and Monsters v Aliens for 8 each. I was excited to see a used Red, but upon closer inspection I found it was movie only.

Anyone traded in to Microcenter recently, specifically the duluth store?
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.