• Please log in to reply
4134 replies to this topic

#3901 kitlink

kitlink

I just like dancin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:18 PM

Hello!
Do you like awesome movies? Maybe you'd like to see one with other awesome people?

There's a site that allows you to host a screening of a film at a local theater. Someone has set up a potential screening of Sam Peckinpah's BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA for Monday the 28th at the Plaza. The catch is that they need a few more folks to reserve a ticket in the next two days before the screening can happen. JUST FOUR MORE.

http://www.tugg.com/events/658

Come on. I know four of you are up for this. Big-screen Peckinpah! Delicious popcorn! A chance to sit next to me! Please consider this if you like movies and/or violence.

Thanks.

hmmm... Black Tusk and municipal waste are playing that same night, but what the heck...
Now we just need 3 more.

#3902 Robotechnology

Robotechnology

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

I'm in for "Bring Me The Head..." so good job, Gray, for promoting it. Once it moved to the Plaza instead of Buckhead, I no longer had any excuse not to check it out.

#3903 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

You are both heroes of men!

#3904 Watto11107

Watto11107

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:21 AM

5 Below just opened up this weekend over by Perimeter Mall. Its on Mount Vernon Highway in the shopping center with the Regal Cinema's theatre. They had some games for $5. I picked up Coded Arms for the PSP finally for $5.

#3905 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:41 AM

Ah, a coworker mentioned that to me, but I wasn't sure exactly where he meant. I work across the street. I'll have to check it out next week at lunchtime.

#3906 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:17 AM

Anyone ever see those PS3 controller pads get lower than $35 on clearance at Target?

#3907 GamingGator

GamingGator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

Do any of you guys have gamefly subscriptions? If so, what is the general turnaround time? I know it varies by location, so I wanted to ask for local experiences.

I would mainly be using it for a short period of time for older releases or easy kid type games for the summer. It is probably worth it for what I want regardless, and I will likely do a free trial to test for myself, but I was hoping for any info you guys might be able to share.

GatorBeerGeek.png

#3908 kitlink

kitlink

I just like dancin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:21 AM

did anyone else get an invite to the wii u experience?

#3909 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:19 AM

A friend forwarded me his invite. I RSVPd for the Saturday 4pm window.

They gave me 3 more codes to share, if anyone wants one.

#3910 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

did anyone else get an invite to the wii u experience?

I got one too, if anyone wants it just PM me and I'll send it your way.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#3911 Watto11107

Watto11107

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:19 AM

I'd like Wii U invite if anyone has one

#3912 Robotechnology

Robotechnology

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

Has anyone spotted the new "The Walking Dead: Zombie Hunter" lightgun plug-n-play TV game in the Atlanta area? I'm sure it will be silly fun at best, but I plan to buy one anyway. Walmart/ToysRus/Amazon .coms all acknowledge that it exists, but act like there's no way to verify it is actually available on local store shelves. I plan to remain calm and just wait until I spot one someday on a routine visit to Target, but if someone could tell me with certainty that it was in-stock somewhere....

#3913 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

Has anyone spotted the new "The Walking Dead: Zombie Hunter" lightgun plug-n-play TV game in the Atlanta area? I'm sure it will be silly fun at best, but I plan to buy one anyway. Walmart/ToysRus/Amazon .coms all acknowledge that it exists, but act like there's no way to verify it is actually available on local store shelves. I plan to remain calm and just wait until I spot one someday on a routine visit to Target, but if someone could tell me with certainty that it was in-stock somewhere....

Didn't even know it existed. i'll check Walmart next time i'm there and get back to you.
Posted Image

#3914 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:18 AM

I'll keep an eye out, too.

#3915 Ellahjay88

Ellahjay88

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

I can verify that they do exist and they are actually on shelves.
I saw a ton of them on shelves in Douglasville, GA Walmart 2 nights ago. I believe they were marked $29.99 and their price was on a red tag, usually meaning they are clearanced. I saw them near the clearance aisles there. If I had known I would have taken a snapshot!
Posted Image

#3916 Robotechnology

Robotechnology

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

Whoah! Clearanced already? The all-knowing Internet seems to think the MSRP is $39.99, and Amazon is listing it for that (with other sellers asking for as much as 60). Other sources claim it shouldn't even be out until the end of August, hence my original wondering if anyone has seen one in the wild.

I wonder if I should hit the Walmart near work just to see? It would be very CAG of me to waste gas running all over in town in hopes of saving a few bucks.

#3917 Robotechnology

Robotechnology

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

Whoops, should have done more homework before that last post -- I see Walmart.com now has it listed as 'in stock' pretty much all around me. The "online price" is 39.99, but I wonder if it will be cheaper in-store like it is in Douglasville?

#3918 Ellahjay88

Ellahjay88

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

Probably so. They had a ton of them there haha I would snap a pic but i am off to snellville tomorrow night-monday :/ ill stop by tonight and post a pic if they still have them (which i am sure they will) may be a per store sale or clearance?

id gladly drop it by somewhere for u if u are on my way to/from snellville if it is cheaper at that store only. if not u can use the pic to try and price match if they will let you?
Posted Image

#3919 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:44 AM

Pretty good haul from the Northpoint Best Buy tonight:

Got the last copies of BULLETSTORM and RAYMAN ORIGINS [ps3] for $5 and $10 each, and got PROF. LAYTON / UNWOUND FUTURE for $10, too, leaving one copy behind.

#3920 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

Soooo, I'm buying a 3DS XL. Just put in an order at the Duluth Fry's, since the console is 180 there, and NSMB2 is 30. Comes out to $222 altogether. I figure the $25-30 discount justifies the drive.

Anyone else taking this plunge?

EDIT: Well, crap, they are sold out at that store.

Edited by El Gray, 19 August 2012 - 03:30 PM.

#3921 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

^Sucks that they were sold out Gray. Hope you were able to find one elsewhere. I'm not going for the XL model as I have the Zelda 3DS already. The larger size does intrigue me though and I'm interested to get my hands on one to feel how it compares.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#3922 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

^Sucks that they were sold out Gray. Hope you were able to find one elsewhere. I'm not going for the XL model as I have the Zelda 3DS already. The larger size does intrigue me though and I'm interested to get my hands on one to feel how it compares.

Yeah i already have a Zelda one as well. Too bad we aren't getting that Pikachu one, Japan gets all the god stuff.
Posted Image

#3923 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:03 PM

Well, the Milton store had 'em in stock, and I placed an order there. Now I just have to decide if I want to haul my ass up there to get it before they close today. SO FAR.

#3924 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:01 AM

Price matched at Edgewood Best Buy! If you want the Fry's price, try the same trick at BB before the stores close tonight. I believe the Fry's price is a one-day sale.

#3925 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:37 AM

Price matched at Edgewood Best Buy! If you want the Fry's price, try the same trick at BB before the stores close tonight. I believe the Fry's price is a one-day sale.

If i had the money i'd grab Mario.....Darksiders 2 broke me until next month.
Posted Image

#3926 GamingGator

GamingGator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

Pretty good haul from the Northpoint Best Buy tonight:

Got the last copies of BULLETSTORM and RAYMAN ORIGINS [ps3] for $5 and $10 each, and got PROF. LAYTON / UNWOUND FUTURE for $10, too, leaving one copy behind.

I avoided calling to verify the stock check on Rayman Origins PS3 ( it said they did not have any) because I really did not want to drive to Best Buy after work with the traffic being worse again due to school starting. Unlike my wife, maybe you will appreciate my laziness :)

If you aren't a collector and want to sell it after playing it, let me know.

GatorBeerGeek.png

#3927 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

Not really gaming related but ATL related. A while back (years not months) an ATL CAG posted about a market research group in the metro area doing a study on soft drinks (diet colas or root beer I think). It was super easy; drove there, drank some liquid candy, gave an opinion on its flavor, got paid, drove home. Ever since I participated in this first one I have done a bunch more with various firms on a variety of things. Nice way to make some $ if they're doing it at a time when I'm available.

I got a call about an upcoming study in the metro area yesterday and I thought I'd pay it forward to the ATL CAG community that got me into the thing in the first place. There's a group out of Alabama called Nolan Research that's doing a music survey in the ATL area soon. They are looking for people that listen to Top40 and/or Country music in the ATL area. The Top40 one is being done on 8/28 and the Country one is on 9/6, both at 7pm at the Marriott Perimeter Center in Dunwoody.

You'll sit at a listening station and give your opinion on songs and go home with $50 for your trouble. They always want specific quotas of people in race, age, and gender groups so you may or may not qualify. I know that they are still looking for white listeners between 25-40 though as they mentioned it at the end of the call. Remember, they are looking for listeners of Top40 (something like 99.7 Q100) and/or Country (ex: 94.9 TheBull). If you're interested call them at 334.284.4164 and ask for Terry.

Sorry this got long, just want to help out some fellow ATL CAG(s) like I was helped out back in the day.:lol:

#3928 Ellahjay88

Ellahjay88

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

That sounds awesome Chuckie! I'd love to look into doing that at some point in the future. Is there a website or anything for more information or do you have to call their numbers?
Posted Image

#3929 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

This was the first time I was contacted by this particular company. They probably bought/exchanged my phone number from some other market research group I participated in before. As such I don't really know much about them.

They have a website that doesn't reveal much at: http://nolanresearch.com/
Also, here's the public contact info: http://www.greenbook.../Nolan-Research

When I confirmed my participation yesterday they said that they would send me an email with details a few days before the study. If I get it earlier and it has more info, I'll be sure to pass it on. Hope it works out for you to go.

#3930 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:37 AM

I know this is completely off topic of games, but are any of you planning on attending Days of The Dead in February? i thought it would be awesome to have a meet up there if anyone else is going.

Here's some info on it.

FB: https://www.facebook.com/daysofthedead

Web:http://www.daysofthe...lanta/index.php
Posted Image