Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

• Please log in to reply
4134 replies to this topic

#3931 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:27 AM

^Thanks for the heads up Clown, I was unaware of this. Looks like it has the potential to be a good time.
I'll let you know if the wife and I decide to go, a ATL CAG meet up is a always a great idea!:D
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#3932 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:34 AM

^Thanks for the heads up Clown, I was unaware of this. Looks like it has the potential to be a good time.
I'll let you know if the wife and I decide to go, a ATL CAG meet up is a always a great idea!:D

No prob. I went this year and it was awesome. Though the Sheraton is a huge upgrade from the hotel in Peachtree City from last time.
Posted Image

#3933 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:44 AM

TREJOOOOO. I would consider going just to meet him, honestly. I'm not much of a horror fan, though, so I dunno how likely my attendance will be.

Anyone else order the $15 KID ICARUS 3DS from Best Buy today? I snagged one mid-day. It had been unavailable earlier, but I guess they released some more for mail order.

#3934 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:26 AM

TREJOOOOO. I would consider going just to meet him, honestly. I'm not much of a horror fan, though, so I dunno how likely my attendance will be.

Anyone else order the $15 KID ICARUS 3DS from Best Buy today? I snagged one mid-day. It had been unavailable earlier, but I guess they released some more for mail order.

Well good thing is it's only 20 bucks for a one day pass. i'm gonna be there all 3 days cause i'm a huge horror fan.

Nope i got Kid Icarus a long time ago when they did b2g1 on 3ds games. I did grab The Witcher 2 for 10 bucks though.
Posted Image

#3935 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

What's up my Georgians, gettin' back into video games again. If any of y'all game on PC, add me up on Steam!

Gonna be interesting to see how Black Friday is this year in Atlanta.

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#3936 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

What's your name there? I am el_gray.

#3937 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:49 PM

What's your name there? I am el_gray.

kagegao, in the sig haha. just started really PC gaming.

76561198003417354.png

#3938 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:51 AM

JDawgg77, also like my PSN account. In fact, all my gaming accounts are JDawgg77 across the board. I have Dirt 2, L4D1 & 2 on steam and that's about it that's multiplayer. No mic for my PC set up. I'm just getting back into PC gaming as well.

#3939 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:15 AM

Jus added y'all. Some good deals goin' on, jus copped MW3 for $20 PC Download (Binds to Steam Account)
http://www.bestbuy.c... duty&lp=4&cp=2

Edited by MC Kage, 12 September 2012 - 12:44 AM.

76561198003417354.png

#3940 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:48 AM

thanks a ton for the coupon JDawgg.

Thread's really dead lol...

76561198003417354.png

#3941 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:09 AM

Thread's really dead lol...

I know right! This thread was the thing that got me on CAG in the first place and now it reads like an empty room. This really is a case where the "good old days" phrase actually fits. At this rate we could host a ATL CAG meet up in a single booth at Waffle House.:lol:

On a gaming note, I'm ready to say goodbye to my PS2 as I've finally finished my backlog on it and no longer need it as an extra DVD player. I would much rather an ATL CAG get it then anyone else or Gamestop. I'm a big fan of local meetups for this kind of thing and have no problem driving to meet somewhere in the metro area. It's a slim model owned only by me (no smoking, no kids) and would include the original box and packaging, owner's manual, av cables and controller. It really could pass for brand new. I'd also throw in complete editions of MGS 2&3, the vertical stand attachment, and a PS2 and PS1 memory card with the system (all also in good shape).

The only other PS2 items I have are an awesome wireless Logitech controller, the steelbook collector's edition of Final Fantasy XII, and the FFXII collector's edition guide and artbook. All were bought new by me and are in excellent conditon (I even laminated the gigantic map/gambit chart 'cause I'm that much of a nerd). I would be more than happy to accept offers on just the system or all of it from a local CAG. I'm also open to trades (current gen/Blu's) in combination with or instead of cash and would be willing to drive to your metro area location. I would really like it to have a good home/owner, PM me with ANY and ALL offers of interest.

I know we really don't like to get the thread all jammed up with this kind of stuff but I figure it really is a ghostown and can't hurt.

Edited by chuckie88, 14 September 2012 - 06:57 AM.
I forgot to add the quote.

#3942 TheCochese

TheCochese

I make things out of wood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

I don't post much anymore because I don't really game anymore. I'll go looking for woodworking deals instead of VG or movie deals. I think my kids play my games more than I do.

#3943 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

Partially, the local deals have dried up. Target clearance is dead. Now everything is online or nationwide stuff. In general, not many deals to talk about when it comes to local.
Posted Image

#3944 TheCochese

TheCochese

I make things out of wood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

I should actually revive my sell thread and get rid of all these older games I never play.

#3945 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

Partially, the local deals have dried up. Target clearance is dead. Now everything is online or nationwide stuff. In general, not many deals to talk about when it comes to local.

It's true, most stuff is online/nationwide now. With Target clearance being gone, the demise of Circut City, and all of the video rental places riding off into the sunset there really isn't much left in the way of local deals. I think we'll just have to start using the thread as more of an all things Atlanta type thing (which we kind of already do).

I should actually revive my sell thread and get rid of all these older games I never play.

I was thinking of doing that too, I should create one of those sometime.:)

#3946 Enron

Enron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

Does anyone know of any small independent game stores in the Atlanta metro area (out in the burbs, etc)? I'm looking for a place that sells arcade sticks - I want to get my hands on a couple before I decide to buy. Fry's and MC carry them from time to time (whenever a big game is released) but that's about it and neither have any at the moment.

#3947 Shadow Blade

Shadow Blade

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

Same for me. The target near me only has Harry Potter and NHL games on clearance compared to last year when I got the Black Ops Prestige Edition for 75% off. The Blockbuster and Best buy closed down in town so I usually just order online from Best buy since I don't want to always drive over to the one in Peachtree City.

#3948 kitlink

kitlink

I just like dancin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:48 AM

Does anyone know of any small independent game stores in the Atlanta metro area (out in the burbs, etc)? I'm looking for a place that sells arcade sticks - I want to get my hands on a couple before I decide to buy. Fry's and MC carry them from time to time (whenever a big game is released) but that's about it and neither have any at the moment.

I don't know of any other stores besides those two that would have them, but I have a brand new TE round 2 for the xbox that I'm trying to sell.

#3949 SeanAmI

SeanAmI

No you cannot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:34 AM

The only independent ones I know of are CCGaming, some flea market stores, a store in Athens, and random PlaynTrades. Prices aren't really great at any though.

#3950 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:45 AM

I don't post much anymore because I don't really game anymore. I'll go looking for woodworking deals instead of VG or movie deals. I think my kids play my games more than I do.

This, more or less. Kids rock your world, and video games for better or worse got bucked way down the list. I still play little bits when I can, and it's getting a little easier as they get older, but it's a challenge. To quote a spot-on This American Life segment, "It's not twins. It's two fucking babies at the same time." ;)

I think the death of local deals is definitely part of it too.

#3951 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:06 AM

Threads back haha. I played alot of video games back in middle school mainly GC, then was on 360 from release to about 2010, got RROD'd 4 times so I just said Fuck it & basically stopped gaming. I got a new laptop with good specs for making music last year, & for college (I'm at Georgia State), and figured why not and dropped some money for some good deals on Steam.

So now I'm basically just PC gaming, downloading everything. Much easier to manage & cheaper than systems for sure. Roommates got a PS3 but honestly its kinda shit besides the blu-ray lol...that's after a year of trying it out too, 360 is just is a better system imo. I'm enjoying RTS's alot too, which is something I'd never thought I'd really play that much.

Deals are definitely getting worse as time progresses...I used to go to Circuit City during Black Friday's and now they don't even have any stores anymore.

76561198003417354.png

#3952 jaideam

jaideam

らき☆すた

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

I continue to lurk

#3953 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

I saw the add on Steam, Kage. I'll keep an eye out for you. I block all .sigs on here, so I hadn't seen it there, sorry.

Uhh... anyone have a 3DS FRIEND CODE they wanna share? I am enjoying my XL so far-- KID ICARUS is pretty good fun.

#3954 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

...At this rate we could host a ATL CAG meet up in a single booth at Waffle House...

Well after this little roll call I revise my statement to 2-3 booths at Waffle House.;)
Good to see that there's still a loyal CAG crew representing Atlanta.

I was mailed a promotional gift card for an Atlantic Station restaurant, Yard House.
Anyone been here yet and have an opinion on the place?

#3955 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:02 AM

That's the new-ish burger place over near Publix. I haven't tried it yet. The menu didn't excite me too much, and I think I read some fair-to-middling Yelp reviews... so, not too eager to hit it up. Certainly worth eating there for free, though!

#3956 kitlink

kitlink

I just like dancin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

I saw the add on Steam, Kage. I'll keep an eye out for you. I block all .sigs on here, so I hadn't seen it there, sorry.

Uhh... anyone have a 3DS FRIEND CODE they wanna share? I am enjoying my XL so far-- KID ICARUS is pretty good fun.

4038-6326-9389

If you haven't picked it up already, I'd recommend getting Theatrhythm final fantasy.

#3957 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:13 AM

4038-6326-9389

If you haven't picked it up already, I'd recommend getting Theatrhythm final fantasy.

i second that! picked up a copy with my b2g1 gamestop coupon..only problem i have with the game is that i haven't played through all the FF's and when you play thru the game..it ruins the ending of each and every final fantasy...so you have been warned..luckily i played FFVII first and realized this b4 continuing to other series'

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#3958 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

It's all good 8-)

I have to watch out for games that ain't Steam-compatible...it kind of bugs me now when I can't add activate on it lol. OCD organized like that

& I actually live at Atlantic Station lmao. That new burger joint Yard Burger is supremely overpriced...imo. Its ok for the money, if it was like $5 for a meal it'd be good.

76561198003417354.png

#3959 kitlink

kitlink

I just like dancin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:54 AM

i second that! picked up a copy with my b2g1 gamestop coupon..only problem i have with the game is that i haven't played through all the FF's and when you play thru the game..it ruins the ending of each and every final fantasy...so you have been warned..luckily i played FFVII first and realized this b4 continuing to other series'

Just concentrate on the on tapping and you'll be fine ;)

#3960 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:44 AM

...That new burger joint Yard Burger is supremely overpriced...imo. Its ok for the money, if it was like $5 for a meal it'd be good.

Thanks for the notice, the Yard House website made me think that their emphasis was on having a bunch of brews available so maybe the food is secondary.
With average expectations it sounds like I won't be let down, lol. Plus, as El Gray implied, free makes anything taste better!:lol: