Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

• Please log in to reply
4134 replies to this topic

#3961 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

well i downloaded the demo for FF Theatrythm and now i have to go buy it...... guess i'll wait until they have another b2g1 so i can grab it with Kingdom Hearts and Mario Bros. 2. btw my friend code is: 0387-9104-0942.
Posted Image

#3962 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:25 AM

Thanks for the notice, the Yard House website made me think that their emphasis was on having a bunch of brews available so maybe the food is secondary.
With average expectations it sounds like I won't be let down, lol. Plus, as El Gray implied, free makes anything taste better!:lol:

Lol I think I'm getting mixed up. There's an actual place called The Burger Joint haha... just opened up too and I went to eat there with some friends, not 21 yet so I don't think I could get in to Yard House anyways.

Everything at Atlantic Station is overpriced tho at the end of the day lol. Its just nice to have Target/Publix a minute walk away.

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#3963 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:38 AM

Oh, I might have confused things, too. Sorry.

#3964 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

No worries guys, when I check the place out I'll let you know what it's like.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#3965 GatorBeerGeek

GatorBeerGeek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:32 PM

No worries guys, when I check the place out I'll let you know what it's like.

I am most interested in how the food is. They are going to put another Yardhouse a couple miles from my house at 400 and Old Milton. I know I will go for the beer, but I am hoping the food is a bit more upscale than Taco Mac pub grub. The tap list is pretty damn good at the one in Atlantic Station based on what they show online. I really like how they offer short pour options so you can try a few more things.

I want it to fit somewhere between Taco Mac and 5 Seasons so that I have close by options based on what I am in the mood for.

GatorBeerGeek.png

#3966 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

I could use some Taco Mac.

Battlefield Franchise sale only for today (BF3 for $10)!

76561198003417354.png

#3967 Enron

Enron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:21 AM

These trendy burger joints have been popping up in large cities for the past 5 years, and in Atlanta especially for the last 3 or so. I really like Yeah! Burger and Grindhouse, but all these other burger places are mostly the same.

#3968 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

Mmmmm...burgers.:drool:

I think that all the burger joints are a good thing. Places like Smashburger and 5 guys blow the doors off of a chain like Burger King. No contest!

#3969 jaideam

jaideam

らき☆すた

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

I like 5 guys but I absolutely despise their bun - I feel it compromises what would otherwise be a solid burger

#3970 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

Yeah! Burger is pretty good, one near IKEA where I'm at. Farm Burger is pretty good too but they're both pretty much the same.

5 Guys is overrated/priced as hell...I can stick with Steak 'n Shake and I'll be fine.

76561198003417354.png

#3971 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

I like 5 guys but I absolutely despise their bun - I feel it compromises what would otherwise be a solid burger

5 Guys is overrated/priced as hell...I can stick with Steak 'n Shake and I'll be fine.

I agree that the 5 guys buns pretty much suck. I don't feel that 5 guys is overpriced though. I find that the "Little Hamburger" there is a decent value and their fry orders are larger than any other place I've seen. There is more value for me because I pile on all those veggie toppings that cost me extra at some places. I also HATE cheese (I know, UnAmerican) and like that I don't have to pay to not have it there as I do many other places. The value isn't nearly as good for my wife though, she sticks with cheese and ketchup.

Yeah! Burger is pretty good, one near IKEA where I'm at. Farm Burger is pretty good too but they're both pretty much the same.

I've heard good things about these two, they are on my list for places to try. Ever had a burger at THE VORTEX? I think those are outstanding!

#3972 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:40 AM

Eh, Five Guys is just so plain to me, its not organic and there's not too much to choose from. I have to have cheese lol...but I've only been there 2-3 times so I haven't tried putting any veggies on my burger while I was there.

Yeah! Burger, Farm Burger, and Steak 'n Shake are by far my favorite burger places. & I still have to cross Vortex off my list, I usually go out too late lol, but I'm definitely looking forward to eatin' there.

76561198003417354.png

#3973 jaideam

jaideam

らき☆すた

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

I was actually kind of meh about the vortex burger - Bocado burger is super tasty but quite expensive

#3974 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

I was actually kind of meh about the vortex burger - Bocado burger is super tasty but quite expensive

I don't usually go for the expensive burgers but there is a pretty cool spot by me that sells an awesome burger for $10-$12 called Muss & Turners. If your'e ever in the Vinings side of Smyrna check it out, it's really good. You guys ever been to Cheeseburger Bobby's?

#3975 jaideam

jaideam

らき☆すた

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:09 PM

I've been to the one up in Kennesaw - I thought it was pretty good and liked the concept - sometimes I make myself a side salad with the toppings haha

I've heard good things about Muss & Turner's but haven't had a chance to try them yet - usually scratch the itch with Holeman & Finch or Bocado

Speaking of which - if you guys haven't been to H&F yet it's one of my favourite spots in town - brilliant food and brilliant cocktails - perhaps a few of us should have a meet up there ^^

Edited by jaideam, 22 September 2012 - 09:23 PM.

#3976 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:48 PM

lol, maybe we should just have a cag meet up at a burger place?
Posted Image

#3977 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:44 AM

When was the last time anyone went to a Fuddrucker's? Did you enjoy it?

Now playing (& watching):
:br:-House, M.D. season 7
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#3978 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

...brilliant food and brilliant cocktails - perhaps a few of us should have a meet up there

lol, maybe we should just have a cag meet up at a burger place?

Brilliant food, brilliant cocktails, brilliant burgers; I'm a fan of all 3!
Seriously, if a meet up gets off the ground I'm down for it.

I haven't been to one in years (3-5 I think) and no not so much. That's probably why it's been so long. If I remember correctly, the fix your own veggie condiments were 'kinda gross. Half frozen lettuce, half rotten tomatoes, etc. I think that was it anyway, it has been a while.

#3979 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

Not a burger place, but if y'all been to Landmark Diner I ate there a few times last semester, good stuff.

76561198003417354.png

#3980 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

H&F is definitely great, and the burger there is magically delicious, but it's not the best spot for a meet-up of any sort-- small, usually busy, and kinda loud, as I remember it.

Amazing burger, though.

#3981 kitlink

kitlink

I just like dancin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

About two years ago, on or around my birthday, and it was terrible. My bun was undercooked and the burger itself was a bit overdone. They closed a few months later so go figure. As far as burger places that don't suck, I would totally recommend grindhouse on piedmont.

#3982 jaideam

jaideam

らき☆すた

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:43 AM

This is true - sadly it's a terrible spot for a meet up :( I always forget that in light of its amazingness

#3983 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:57 AM

Went to see Loopers tonite...dope as hell

76561198003417354.png

#3984 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

^I keep hearing good things about it, looking forward to seeing it.

On another note, anybody going to the Braves Wildcard Playoff game Friday?

#3985 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:45 AM

Urgent if someone could help me out, if y'all have a Toys'r'us near you could you check their PC games? lol. Apparently Diablo III, StarCraft II, Skyrim are all going for $10. I'm going out of my way to check Buckhead Toyrus tomorrow

76561198003417354.png

#3986 grundy

grundy

Whatevr a spider can

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

Urgent if someone could help me out, if y'all have a Toys'r'us near you could you check their PC games? lol. Apparently Diablo III, StarCraft II, Skyrim are all going for $10. I'm going out of my way to check Buckhead Toyrus tomorrow

If anyone sees Skyrim, please let me know!

Currently playing:
:360: nothing
:3ds: nothing
:pc: nothing
:ps3: Killzone HD

#3987 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

I was able to grab Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 at the Toys R Us in Mcdonough, Georgia. i got the last Diablo 3 but there were plenty of Starcraft 2. I also saw a lot of WoW: Cataclysm, a few Rage, at least one MW3, and a Diablo Battle Chest, sadly no Sims 3 or Skyrim.
Posted Image

#3988 RoninChaos

RoninChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

If anybody out there in ga could grab me a diablo I can pick up local or pay for shipping. The Kennesaw toys r us was out of everything.
I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious... but I am so it comes out that way.
-Bill Hicks.

I'm your Huckleberry

#3989 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

I was able to grab Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 at the Toys R Us in Mcdonough, Georgia. i got the last Diablo 3 but there were plenty of Starcraft 2. I also saw a lot of WoW: Cataclysm, a few Rage, at least one MW3, and a Diablo Battle Chest, sadly no Sims 3 or Skyrim.

Would you mind picking up a SC2 for me?

I'm gonna go check out Buckhead TRU and let yall know. I will help out if I can find an extra of Skyrim/Diablo.

76561198003417354.png

#3990 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

Would you mind picking up a SC2 for me?

I'm gonna go check out Buckhead TRU and let yall know. I will help out if I can find an extra of Skyrim/Diablo.

I will if i make it back over that way, i just happened to be at the doc so i stopped by.
Posted Image