Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

• Please log in to reply
4134 replies to this topic

#4051 Shadow Blade

Shadow Blade

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

Has anyone seen Assassin's Creed 3 limited edition on clearance at Target? I saw the post in the Target clearance thread and in another thread about it, but the closest state location I saw listed was Florida so I have my doubts about finding it here.

#4052 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:03 AM

Sorry Blade, didn't know about that one. What's it going for anyway?
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#4053 Shadow Blade

Shadow Blade

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

Sorry Blade, didn't know about that one. What's it going for anyway?

There were three different prices I saw posted: 83.98,59.98, and 35.98. Someone posted a picture of the 35.98 in the Target Clearance otherwise I wouldn't have believed it with being out less than a month.

#4054 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

Wow, yeah I don't believe $36 either.
Must have been tagged wrong or something.
Nice score for that person though.

#4055 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

Those prices sound right if the original price is 120. That would meet the regular 30, 50, 70 % off process. Target usually clearances limited editions types in bigger boxes very quickly. LEs of Gears 3, Tiger Woods 12 and Bioshock 2 were all clearanced at target after a few weeks. Finding it may be hard and a copy lasting to 50 or 70% may be doubtful though.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#4056 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

So anyone hitting up the Microsoft Stores for super cheap games? I figure it's a better place than Wal-Mart considering how concentrated it is. Anyone know about the "pop-up" holiday store at Perimeter Mall? I'm curious how much stock they might have. My understanding was they had a ton of games last year, but I can't get over there until 9 AM or so on Friday. Any thoughts or could anyone keep me updated on the situations?

Ah, now that I read the fine print, there are no games at the Holiday Store, so I'd have to hit up Lenox.

Edited by Felder71, 21 November 2012 - 12:00 AM.
No games at holiday store

Posted Image

#4057 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

So looks like no need to hit up the Microsoft Store - got everyone I needed from their web site. Amazing deals.
Posted Image

#4058 kitlink

kitlink

I just like dancin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

So looks like no need to hit up the Microsoft Store - got everyone I needed from their web site. Amazing deals.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting to get forza horizon so easily. It's weird that you can't use retail gift cards on the website though...

#4059 mazinga z

mazinga z

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Yeah, I hit up MS store on web too, didnt have to rush to get Dance central 3 at BB since it was 25 bucks. FYI I'm in Dallas but Target still had a bunch of Xbox point cards for 10 bucks,that was the deal I was hoping not to miss but didn't want to fight all the hordes.1:30 and the price was still 10

#4060 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

I went to Walmart last night and was able to grab Forza Horizon, The Sly collection, and Ratchet and Clank Collection. They only had the Vanilla Dead Island so I ran to Best Buy this afternoon and was able to grab the GOTY. Those with some Blu Rays and I'm set.
Posted Image

#4061 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

Anyone been by the Microsoft Store to see if they have any $10 games in stock? I know when I went by there to pick up Halo 4 they had redone the gaming section to where only newer games were out on display. I never found out if they had just put the rest in the back or if they had shipped them out. I don't want to drive all the way downtown for nothing since I'm on vacation this week.

#4062 kitlink

kitlink

I just like dancin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

Anyone been by the Microsoft Store to see if they have any $10 games in stock? I know when I went by there to pick up Halo 4 they had redone the gaming section to where only newer games were out on display. I never found out if they had just put the rest in the back or if they had shipped them out. I don't want to drive all the way downtown for nothing since I'm on vacation this week.

They had gears of war 3, and the triple pack, and most of the kinect games.

#4063 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

MS Store online had some crazy deals

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#4064 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

They had gears of war 3, and the triple pack, and most of the kinect games.

Is that just what was sitting out? Did you ask if they had others in stock? Were they selling those for ten or aware of the ten buck sale at all?
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#4065 kitlink

kitlink

I just like dancin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

Is that just what was sitting out? Did you ask if they had others in stock? Were they selling those for ten or aware of the ten buck sale at all?

Yeah, I went in saturday morning looking for Dragon's Dogma, Ghost Recon 2, Binary Domain and Armored Core 5, and none of them were in stock. They had a list of all the games that were on sale this weekend (and today), but everything they had in stock was on the floor.

I also asked about tekken tag tournament 2, but that wasn't on the list.

#4066 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

Thanks, good thing I didn't make the trip as I was mainly looking for Ghost Recon and Dragon's Dogma and maybe Skyrim and Prototype 2.

Isn't Binary Domain still in stock on the website?

#4067 mazinga z

mazinga z

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

The Target near my house has Move Bundle for 30 bucks, Wii DJ hero bundle for 14,and some other clearance games for 70 percent off,PM me for location.

#4068 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

I picked up a GH copy of MEDAL OF HONOR for PS3 at Target a couple of weeks ago for $10. Probably never going to play it, so I figure I'll return it. Anyone want to buy it off me instead?

#4069 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

Very underrated game. Plus that should have MoH Frontline on it, a classic. I'd buy it from you for that, but I've spent enough and already have MoH on 360. I like the grittier more focused campaign story. No globe trekking, just the story of one conflict over a day or so from the eyes of a few different military groups: Seals, rangers, etc.

#4070 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:01 AM

Yeah, it has the remastered FRONTLINE included. I have enjoyed some of the earlier MoH games, but I don't think I'll tackle this one.

#4071 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

MOH: Frontline was great back in the day when I played it on my Gamecube. A remastered version of that is just as enticing to me as the MOH game itself. I'll take a sealed GH PS3 copy off your hands for $10 Gray. PM me if you still have it and we can work out the details.

#4072 gmsick

gmsick

SAY IT WITH YA CHEST

• Silenced

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

this board is dead.

#4073 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

this board is dead.

yes....yes it is.
Posted Image

#4074 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

Local deals are dead, just the same. If Target or anyone was doing anything that wasn't on a national level, there would be something worth talking about.
Posted Image

#4075 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

I did find a couple of treasures just before Christmas, but forgot to post. I found RESIDENT EVIL 5 GH for PS3 at Buckhead Target for $5. There were a few copies. Also picked up Tiger Woods '12 CE for PS3 at a different Target for maybe $11? I forget where I found that one.

The first series of those little Star Wars Lego sets with the tiny ship + planet are marked down to $5 each at most stores now. I got the TIE Interceptor one.

#4076 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

fyi- rifftrax will be doing replays of their live shows of Manos and Plan 9. like all their fathom event shows they'll be on thursday evenings. manos on jan 17 and plan 9 on jan 24.

my crabby hunny actually said he wanted to see plan 9. he's gone to a few with me and he never says he -wants- to do anything. (want to go away for a little vacation?? "sure. that's fine.") so when he said he wanted to see the plan 9 I nearly did a cartwheel. he doesn't WANT to see manos again but he did say, "sure it's worth seeing again."

oh boy, manos is right after another biopsy. either i'll be worrying all the way through it's or it will cheer me up.

ps. I have not suddenly developed an aversion to capital letters, nor am I trying to emulate e.e. cummings. the phone has trouble on forums.

Edited by guinaevere, 30 December 2012 - 12:56 AM.

#4077 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

The TRU deal was the last thing that was really local.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#4078 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

Hey everyone, if you happen to be going to Days of the Dead at the Sheraton this weekend i'll be there! Have to do my best to advertise my website. Info on the Horror convention for those interested:http://www.daysofthedead.net/atlanta/
Posted Image

#4079 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

horror and evil stuff is my least favorite, but I would love to get clu gulager's autograph for my mst3k collection (San Francisco international... one of my favorite mst's). i'll see.
gwensigol8.png

#4080 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

The Horror convention thing seemed kinda' cool but I was way too strapped for cash/time this week to make a go of it. I guess the organizers also assumed that hardcore horror fans wouldn't also be hardcore NFL fans being as the event coincides with the Super Bowl. Hope your having a bloody good time Clown!