• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:18 PM

Soooo envious of you El Gray!!!

#62 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:44 PM

Went to my local target in Kennesaw, GA Friday to pick up some candy for the movies. As I was checking out I noticed they had a sign taped to the register that stated (To my best memory and no picture taken)

"Due to recent fraud activities we no longer accept these coupons"

then below was the $5 off Toys coupon and a 20 dollar one

Just thought i'd let you know. After some CAG research I saw that it was posted that the toy coupon is "This coupon may be dead. As of July 2nd, stores were notified to stop accepting copies of the coupon. YMMV. Even though it doesn't expire until 10/1/08"

I believe it. The thing is, with many of these coupons, they're sent out to specific customers as a sort of thanks. The intention and expectated cost is not for mass distribution. So when SD or FW or even CAG gets a hold of these coupons and everyone starts printing up one after another after another, it's a huge problem.

My big bro who's now a marketing exec with Sears/Kmart Holdings went through this for the first time last November/December. One coupon intended for a VERY limited target group was uploaded on FW and it did substantial damage.
gwensigol8.png

#63 ZharTheMad

ZharTheMad

Target Mastermind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:19 PM

I believe it. The thing is, with many of these coupons, they're sent out to specific customers as a sort of thanks. The intention and expectated cost is not for mass distribution. So when SD or FW or even CAG gets a hold of these coupons and everyone starts printing up one after another after another, it's a huge problem.

My big bro who's now a marketing exec with Sears/Kmart Holdings went through this for the first time last November/December. One coupon intended for a VERY limited target group was uploaded on FW and it did substantial damage.

Understandable, but their first mistake was making it available via a URL. They should have made them unique or at least mailed them to the intended recipients.

#64 Tecka

Tecka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:18 PM

So im just throwing this out here. I need a roommate or a place to live in Kennesaw area. I wasn't sure if anyone else is looking for a roommate or wants to room, but we can talk more about it.

My current lease is up at the end of the month so I need a place to live on Aug. 1st. If anyone is interested you can pm or email me at zacharyv@gmail.com and we can talk more about it.

Thanks

#65 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:58 PM

There are about 5 Guitar Hero 2's (PS2 game only) left for 9.98 (75% off) at the Dallas Hwy Target in Marietta. They're on an end cap in between the books and DVDs. I picked one up, now looking for a cheap ass guitar controller. Someone also put a MX vs ATV Unleashed (14.98) for the PS3 in the TV on DVD section, probably trying to hide it. I left it there.

the_it_crowd_moss.jpgdefault.png

#66 ZharTheMad

ZharTheMad

Target Mastermind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:03 AM

There are about 5 Guitar Hero 2's (PS2 game only) left for 9.98 (75% off) at the Dallas Hwy Target in Marietta. They're on an end cap in between the books and DVDs. I picked one up, now looking for a cheap ass guitar controller. Someone also put a MX vs ATV Unleashed (14.98) for the PS3 in the TV on DVD section, probably trying to hide it. I left it there.

Check the BB in Acworth on 41. They had some wireless PS2 guitar controllers for like 13.xx or so.

#67 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:08 AM

thanks, I'll head there tomorrow on my way home.

the_it_crowd_moss.jpgdefault.png

#68 ZharTheMad

ZharTheMad

Target Mastermind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:37 PM

Again, has anyone seen Rayman Raving Rabbids at any of the ATL area TRUs? I've been to 3/5 and have had no luck :(

#69 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:00 PM

They aren't at Douglasville.
gwensigol8.png

#70 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:22 AM

Speaking of T2, the "definitive version" according to most (Xtreme edition?) is a $5.50 end cap filler at Target now

what a great movie. it's a shame they had to pull a Lucas on it. That said do you see The Terminator on end caps. cause if I could get that I would really be set.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#71 kjauburn

kjauburn

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:38 AM

I leave for 6 months and you guys move the thread on me. Geez I can take a hint.

Anyway I moved to a new house in Alpharetta in December and couldn't get freaking DSL for 6 freaking months. Been in withdrawel without xbox live for all this time. In theory I might have been able to piggy back the 360 onto my verizon wireless card, but didn't bother trying.

Now if I can only hire 2 more developers so I actually have some time to catch up.

#72 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:08 AM

Welcome back. I take it you've been busy?

Now playing (& watching):
:br:-Strike Back: Vengeance
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#73 RoninChaos

RoninChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:42 PM

Anybody interested in a Jawbone II bluetooth headset? It's brand new in the box and I wanted to get 100 for it. It retails for 130. I figured I'd offer it up here before I put it on Craig's list cause you guys are cool.
I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious... but I am so it comes out that way.
-Bill Hicks.

I'm your Huckleberry

#74 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:30 PM

just came back from Howell Mill Wal-Mart.

Got a :ps2:EyeToy for $17 seems like a good price and I do need a webcam.
When I finally found their clearance section it's stuff with a lot of junk. Even gamewise i didn't seem much anyone would be interested in.
:360:
Gun $30
:xbox:
King Kong $10
DaVinci Code $5
Crash Tag $15
Narnia(LWW) $15
Riddick $15
:ps2:
Taito Legends 2 $10

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#75 kristaia

kristaia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:17 PM

cumberland sears doesn't have much in the way of games (they do have two copies of zak and wiki for $20, didn't ask to ring them up, could be cheaper; "clearance"/cheaper games are on the bluray aisle and endcap) but they have some accessories on clearance. i nabbed the last 360 remote but there was a 360 memory card for cheap ($5-10 i think, can't remember) and a pack of ds game cases for under $1. also had some usb memory sticks on clearance.

#76 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:06 AM

hm.. might be heading out that way I might have to stop for Zack.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#77 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:59 AM

Anyone interested in a pair of pennied guides:
Perimeter Mall BestBuy has 1 Darksector, a Warhawk and a few other recently pennied guides.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#78 kristaia

kristaia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:31 AM

took a field trip outside my jurisdiction today up to the discover mills mall. don't know if people are still having trouble finding them, but the FYE there had a pile of wiis in the window

closeby, the best buy on pleasant hill rd. has several bins of 40% off games. highlights include folklore, shivering isles (360), and destroy all humans wii. there was one copy of eternal sonata but i saw it on the regular wall too, so who knows. mostly 360 games, some ps2, and a smattering of ps3, wii and ds. games were marked their normal marked down prices (mostly $30-60) and you'll need a manager to do the 40% off at the register.

the toys r us down the street has five or so copies of elite beat agents for $10 in a clearance bin

back to my regular smyrna boringness..

#79 organicow

organicow

Old-School Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:53 PM

How could you guys let this thread fall so far down the list?!?! How could you neglect it so?!?!

:D
www.afighttothedeath.com
www.mediahostage.com

#80 kitlink

kitlink

I just like dancin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:01 PM

took a field trip outside my jurisdiction today up to the discover mills mall. don't know if people are still having trouble finding them, but the FYE there had a pile of wiis in the window

closeby, the best buy on pleasant hill rd. has several bins of 40% off games. highlights include folklore, shivering isles (360), and destroy all humans wii. there was one copy of eternal sonata but i saw it on the regular wall too, so who knows. mostly 360 games, some ps2, and a smattering of ps3, wii and ds. games were marked their normal marked down prices (mostly $30-60) and you'll need a manager to do the 40% off at the register.

the toys r us down the street has five or so copies of elite beat agents for $10 in a clearance bin

back to my regular smyrna boringness..

Was the copy of eternal sonata in the bin marked at all?

#81 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:08 PM

I picked up an extra EYE OF JUSTICE (EDIT: EYE OF JUDGEMENT / CAMERA BUNDLE) bundle from Wally-mart if anyone needs one. Selling it at cost.

Edited by h3llbring3r, 22 July 2008 - 08:49 PM.

My Trade list:

#82 ZharTheMad

ZharTheMad

Target Mastermind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:19 AM

I picked up an extra EYE OF JUSTICE bundle from Wally-mart if anyone needs one. Selling it at cost.

Which is?

#83 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:09 AM

Which is?

$29.99

I meant Eye of Judgement bundle. I need more sleep and less SF Red Bull.
http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=1178

Edited by h3llbring3r, 22 July 2008 - 08:48 PM.

My Trade list:

#84 kristaia

kristaia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:48 PM

Was the copy of eternal sonata in the bin marked at all?

no, none of the games in there were marked (even though the sign said "40% off marked games"). i bought a copy of shivering isles, it rang up at regular price and i said it came from the 40% off bin. the guy called over a manager to manually price adjust which he did without any additional questioning or hassle.

#85 kitlink

kitlink

I just like dancin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 07:09 PM

no, none of the games in there were marked (even though the sign said "40% off marked games"). i bought a copy of shivering isles, it rang up at regular price and i said it came from the 40% off bin. the guy called over a manager to manually price adjust which he did without any additional questioning or hassle.

I got eternal sonata and culdcept saga with no problems. Thanks for the info.

#86 GunsGermsSteel

GunsGermsSteel

Got a Life!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:20 PM

Spaced: The Complete Series was mis-priced at the Buckhead Best Buy for $29.25 when it should cost $39.99.

Go. GO NOW.
Up to its balls in jugglers.

#87 kitlink

kitlink

I just like dancin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:12 AM

I noticed that the perimeter and midtown best buys have "buy one get one free" racks instead of the normal 40%-75% off clearances; are there any other stores doing this?

#88 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:18 AM

I noticed that the perimeter and midtown best buys have "buy one get one free" racks instead of the normal 40%-75% off clearances; are there any other stores doing this?

None that I know of, Barret Pkwy and Ackworth (41) had the normal sale rack as of Monday. Cumberland (41) BB Dosen't ever seem to have any games on sale; I guess they get stolen first.

My Trade list:

#89 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:12 AM

Oh, as of last night, there were no visible clearance games at the Lindbergh Target. They did have two Wiis, though. A lady bought one while I was there. Still no Mario Kart!

There were some Incubus CDs with As Is stickers for about $4, if anyone likes them.

#90 Jam424

Jam424

Mad is a MW Hacker!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:24 AM

Wow... no new deals in the Hiram//Acworth areas from what I've seen. Will check in Kennesaw area when I get a day off work!