Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

• Please log in to reply
4134 replies to this topic

#91 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:14 PM

I can attest to the fact that the Hiram Target almost never has decent clearances on games. Most of the good games are bought before they have a chance to clearance out, or they just sit there are regular price.
gwensigol8.png

#92 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:57 PM

Anybody seeing any of the latest TRU price drops around town? No luck at Cumberland yesterday. I'm looking for:

GBA
Final Fantasy VI

DS
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2
Planet Puzzle League

Beautiful Katamari
Blazing Angels 2

Wii
Resident Evil 4

Edited by Tybee, 25 July 2008 - 06:18 PM.

#93 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:34 PM

I would appreciate intel on any of the DS or Wii games Tybee mentioned, as well.

#94 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 06:29 PM

Nothing much to speak of at Phipps TRU (and the "Us" in their marquee fell off or has been removed for some odd reason -- maybe they're not feeling inclusive).

Only thing I saw worth mentioning was one lonely copy of Geometry Wars for DS in the bargain bin, along with several copies of Elite Beat Agents (this game will never disappear) and a few Master of Illusions.

#95 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:11 PM

They're just confirming that Toys R.

I think those would be Masters of Illusion? (which, by the way, is the name of a kickass prog-metal band from Topeka)

#96 Enron

Enron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:16 PM

Is it just me, or have clearance games basically disappeared from Target in the last month in Atlanta?

#97 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:30 PM

Two PS3 Titles that dropped late this week at the Cumberland/Marietta (41) Target:
Posted Image DARK SECTOR $19.99 (6+ in the glass case behind the display upper row).
Posted Image Chronicals of Narnia: Prince Caspian $24.99 (5+ in the glass case bottom row)

Edited by h3llbring3r, 25 July 2008 - 09:40 PM.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#98 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:10 AM

50% off clearanced games at BB on Barrett Pkwy through the weekend. Unfortunately most are 07 sports games for the 360 and PS3. Did see what looked like a Two Worlds for the 360 and 3 Baten Katos Origins for the GC on the rack.

ach.png

#99 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:08 AM

A few DS odds and ends in a bargain bin at Tucker TRU, including multiple copies of My Word Coach, Children of Mana, Magical Starsign, Geometry Wars, EBA, and one or two Jam Sessions.

Got all excited because they had many copies of Beautiful Katamari in the case, but turned out they were empty display cases.

#100 ZharTheMad

ZharTheMad

Target Mastermind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:09 PM

Anybody seeing any of the latest TRU price drops around town? No luck at Cumberland yesterday. I'm looking for:

GBA
Final Fantasy VI

DS
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2
Planet Puzzle League

Beautiful Katamari
Blazing Angels 2

Wii
Resident Evil 4

Buckhead TRU had two copies of Beautiful Katamari the week that it first went on clearance (maybe two weeks ago??). I picked up one and left the other copy... so someone must have gotten it.

Anyone seen Rayman Raving Rabbids?? I don't think many TRUs had it to clearance in the first place :(.

#101 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:30 PM

Barrett Toys R Us had two display cases of Beautiful Katamari...but no games. :bomb:

Did make a decent haul today around Hiram, Acworth, and Marietta.

Target - Cumberland/41 - h3llbring3r said there were Dark Sectors for the PS3. I saw Kane & Lynch's for the PS3 instead in the Dark Sector spot stickered at 19.98. Don't know if it was a mistake on their part or not but there's at least one more there after I bought one.

Toys R Us - Barrett Pkwy - 360 games - Perfect Dark Zero - bought last one - and Lost Planet Extreme Conditions (mismarked) - 5 left - 7.98 for each.

Goodwill - Kennesaw - 41 - Found a Karaoke Revolution Country game for the PS2 for 5.50. I'll probably put this on ebay. They had a slim PS1 and a couple of old PS1s in the display case for $20 each if anyone's interested.

Best Buy - Hiram - 25% off sale on select games on a rack - saw a Lego Star Wars Complete Saga for PS3 for 37.50 after discount but passed. Did buy a Blue Dragon for the 360 for 22.50 (not the best deal ever) after discount (1 left).

Circuit City - Hiram - picked up Prey (360) and Jackass the Game (PS2) for 9.99 (YMMV). The 20% clearance sale applied then I gave them the Gamers Club card. 4 employees there had never had to use one before so one of the managers just manually overrode the price for each game for 9.99. Don't ask me how he arrived at that lol.

Picked up some clothes at the Target Acworth on clearance (pair of shorts, 2 pairs of jeans, and 2 rugby polo shirts for about $55). Also saw a sign at one of the Best Buys I went to that from the 31st thru the 3rd is the tax free weekend.

ach.png

#102 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:14 AM

Saw a few Ghost Squads today for the Wii at the Barrett Pkwy Costco for 15.99.

ach.png

#103 ZharTheMad

ZharTheMad

Target Mastermind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:11 AM

Toys R Us - Barrett Pkwy - 360 games - Perfect Dark Zero - bought last one - and Lost Planet Extreme Conditions (mismarked) - 5 left - 7.98 for each.

Guess I'm going to check this out tomorrow. Hopefully they haven't corrected their mistake!!

edit -- I assume they are the Colonies Editions because you said they were mismarked?

#104 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:41 AM

Guess I'm going to check this out tomorrow. Hopefully they haven't corrected their mistake!!

edit -- I assume they are the Colonies Editions because you said they were mismarked?

If it is in fact the Colonies edition, grab one for me.

#105 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:38 PM

I left one copy of Blast Works ($9.99) on the shelf at BBuy Northpoint about an hour ago.

#106 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:10 AM

yeah the Colonies Edition.

ach.png

#107 RoninChaos

RoninChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:32 AM

Yo, anybody know where I can find a copy of Tales of Phatasia for the gba, locally? I lost my copy when I moved.
I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious... but I am so it comes out that way.
-Bill Hicks.

I'm your Huckleberry

#108 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:57 AM

Microcenter's flier has Spiderwick Chronicles for 360 for $9.99
and Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom for $19.99
Also refurbished Elites for $269

http://microcenter.c...broadsheet.html

Skip to pages 38 & 39.

My Trade list:

#109 Enron

Enron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:19 PM

Yo, anybody know where I can find a copy of Tales of Phatasia for the gba, locally? I lost my copy when I moved.

I got mine about 6 months ago at the Howell Mill Gamestop. Being the closest GS to Georgia Tech, lotsa nerds means lots of rpgs and srpgs can be found in that GS (moreso than others in the area, anyways). There were like 5 there when I got mine. Might be some left.

#110 ZharTheMad

ZharTheMad

Target Mastermind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:10 PM

I finally made it out there yesterday (7/29) and they had 3 left, but with the correct price of $29.99, and yes I even got the employee to scan it and it was $29.99 in the system. :cry:

#111 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:48 PM

I finally made it out there yesterday (7/29) and they had 3 left, but with the correct price of $29.99, and yes I even got the employee to scan it and it was $29.99 in the system. :cry:

That sucks. Thanks for checking though!

#112 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:04 PM

You just saved me a trip, gas, and the stress of "aww crap, I wasted my lunch." So it wasn't a wasted trip. Glad you checked. Thanks.

My Trade list:

#113 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:38 PM

I think I was in there just a little bit after you. I did the same thing and he said he had just scanned and checked it for someone else. They still had 3 copies of PDZ CE though.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain

:dvd:-009-1
:br:-Star Wars: Clone Wars season 3
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#114 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:11 PM

Used to be able to find it in the occasional CCity clearance bin, but it's been a while. I'll keep an eye out.

#115 pogipinoy27

pogipinoy27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:14 PM

kinda random but has anyone ever gone to a target that has no video game endcap?

I was at the one on state bridge yesterday and there was no endcap in sight. I was confused and disappointed all at the same time
Posted Image
Posted Image

"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul. "
-Johannes Sebastian Bach

#116 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 04:08 PM

kinda random but has anyone ever gone to a target that has no video game endcap?

I was at the one on state bridge yesterday and there was no endcap in sight. I was confused and disappointed all at the same time

Last week my two Targets had no clearance games on the endcaps, just the "bargain" (shovelware) isle and the glass-cases; Both had a clearance game endcap this week.

My Trade list:

#117 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:22 AM

Saw the following tonight on a Target endcap in Acworth

NCAA Football 08 - 1 - 20.98

PS3
Kane & Lynch - 3 - 19.98
NBA Live 08 - 4 - 19.98
Dark Sector - 1 - 19.98
Narnia - 2 - 24.98

ach.png

#118 pogipinoy27

pogipinoy27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:53 PM

If anyone is looking for Halo 3 LE, Best Buy near Perimeter Mall has an open box version for $29.xx
Posted Image
Posted Image

"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul. "
-Johannes Sebastian Bach

#119 GamingGator

GamingGator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:29 PM

That store has had an endcap not in the section with electronics before. In fact recently it had one near the automotive section with some clearance stuff on it. All I recall was a ton of last years NCAA Football game.

On a different topic, when the hell did all the Wii Wheel prices jump up to 14.99 everywhere? I am glad I got mine at Sam's for 8.66 a while back. A friend just tole me today that she couldn't find any for $10 and sure enough Walmart.com seems to be the only big box selling them for $10 still.

#120 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:51 PM

Saw the following tonight on a Target endcap in Acworth

NCAA Football 08 - 1 - 20.98

PS3
Kane & Lynch - 3 - 19.98
NBA Live 08 - 4 - 19.98
Dark Sector - 1 - 19.98
Narnia - 2 - 24.98

All those are still there as of 2pm today minus 1 Chronicles of Narnia.

My Trade list: