Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

• Please log in to reply
4134 replies to this topic

#1771 Enron

Enron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:06 PM

So, sounds like the Carrolton Walmart was not a good place to buy games in recent months:

3 Men Arrested for Xbox Game Scam
http://www.myfoxatla...ame_Scam_062409

"CARROLLTON, Ga. (MyFOX ATLANTA) - Police said Wednesday that three men were arrested for a scam involving Xbox games. Investigators said the men bought the games, and returned them to the stores with blank CDs inside."

hmmmmmmm...

Did a nice flip over the weekend. Got R&C and GT5 Prologue from the Hiram SuperTarget for $14.98 and $9.98. Got $30/ea for them at Walmart. Still had some more R&C.

>_>

#1772 gsugator

gsugator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:44 PM

I'm going to make my weekly Monday trek to local Targets today. I will report back.

#1773 gsugator

gsugator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:47 PM

BTW, if anyone has Tiger Woods 10 for the Wii, add me to your buddy list so we can play online. GSUGators is my EA name.

#1774 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:08 PM

On that note, if anyone gets The Conduit, I'm up for some multiplayer.
FC: 1161-7554-2412

#1775 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:33 PM

I'm going to make my weekly Monday trek to local Targets today. I will report back.

Anything you're expecting to hit the 75% off mark? FEAR2 just hit 50% last week.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#1776 gsugator

gsugator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:09 PM

Anything you're expecting to hit the 75% off mark? FEAR2 just hit 50% last week.

No I'm not really expecting much this week being that I had some nice scores last week. What I want to see is which games get their 1st markdowns.

#1777 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:46 PM

There are four copies of Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts for $9.98 at the Cobb Pkwy Target as of 2:30. They're on an endcap, not behind glass. Only clearance games I saw.

The game is supposed to be highly underrated and quite a bit of fun, so I grabbed one.

#1778 bier

bier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:41 PM

Picked up :360: NFS:Undercover for $12.48 at GP Target. Reviews look horrible, does anybody have this? Just wondering if it's worth it....

#1779 Shivanhaven

Shivanhaven

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:30 PM

I'll check the Cartersville & Acworth Super Target after work to see if anything is going on. They tend to leave alot of stuff in their glass cases so its to spot unmarked games if you have a list ahead of time.

#1780 Enron

Enron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:07 PM

went to edgewood target last night, looks like HAWX for 360 has hit the first round of clearances. Fantastic game, would definitely be worth picking up at 50% off, probably won't survive to final round of price cuts.

#1781 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 03:11 PM

went to edgewood target last night, looks like HAWX for 360 has hit the first round of clearances. Fantastic game, would definitely be worth picking up at 50% off, probably won't survive to final round of price cuts.

What's that put it at? $30? Might pick it up at that price. Really enjoyed the demo.

#1782 Enron

Enron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 03:56 PM

What's that put it at? $30? Might pick it up at that price. Really enjoyed the demo.

Yeah, 50% off of it would be 30.

#1783 Space Cowboy YGI

Space Cowboy YGI

Look at your man....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:12 PM

Target in Lawrenceville (120 in the same shopping center as the Home Depot and The movie theatre) has WWE SVR 09 for $12.48 (3 copies left as of 1130 hours). I grabbed one for later (hopefully Legends of Wrestlemania will drop soon and I can import the wrestlers from SVR into that).

They also had Pokemon Sapphire and Emerald (GBA) on the clearance rack at $24.XX
(4 copies of each).

Wii Summer Sports at $13.XX (more than 3 copies left).

WWE SVR is good trade bait at GS ($16 or if you're missing that last game for FNR 4 or the % trade in value). Hope this helps a fellow CAG out.

#1784 gsugator

gsugator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:12 PM

Target Snellville Hwy 124 has a bunch of Fear 2 and H.A.W.K. for $41.98, and a few copies of the 50 Cent game at the same price point. I also saw some Tiger Woods 09 Wii for $24.98 (but why would you buy that when Tiger Woods 10 with Motion Plus is so awesome).

#1785 Supes

Supes

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:52 PM

Fear2 is down to I believe it was $24.98 at the Target in Hiram and they had a ton of them. Also still some non-GOTY L4D in the case. They are in the GOTY slot though which is marked $59.99 but as we all know they are $12.48.

I asked the clerk to scan it for me because I didn't think $59.99 was right. She said, "Ok, but it'll probably be the same." Then she was shocked when it came up $12.48. "That can't be right she said."

LoL

#1786 chrisd

chrisd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:06 PM

Saw one copy of Saint's Row Collector's Edition for $35 at the Best Buy at Sidney Marcus. I was tempted to pick it up, but decided to hold off.

#1787 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:08 PM

Saw one copy of Saint's Row Collector's Edition for $35 at the Best Buy at Sidney Marcus. I was tempted to pick it up, but decided to hold off.

You know you can find the normal edition for $13 at some Targets? The Perimeter store had a bunch late last week, specifically.

#1788 GibbGA

GibbGA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:41 PM

You know you can find the normal edition for $13 at some Targets? The Perimeter store had a bunch late last week, specifically.

Dang, wish I hadn't read that, now I may have to run up there on my day off tomorrow.

#1789 FamiComplex

FamiComplex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:05 AM

Definitely missed the boat on the L4D deal. No copies at North Point or Perimeter Target. If anyone finds any left over after snapping up one for yourself, report back in.

To the above - there's still quite a few Saint's Row at Perimeter, if I recall correctly.
FamiComplex, the ongoing adventures of a nerdy classic game collector and historian. A new domain, a new direction and a fresh coat of paint!

#1790 GibbGA

GibbGA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:57 AM

Does anyone ever hit the Tucker Target right off 285? It's a bit out of the way for me, but I never see anyone post anything about that one that I can remember. So, I don't know if this means no one goes there, or they never have anything. I may try to get by there tomorrow, but that means going to downtown, midtown/buckhead, perimeter and Tucker while trying to fit in Wimbledon viewing in the morning and some game playing time.

#1791 Supes

Supes

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:03 AM

Definitely missed the boat on the L4D deal. No copies at North Point or Perimeter Target. If anyone finds any left over after snapping up one for yourself, report back in.

To the above - there's still quite a few Saint's Row at Perimeter, if I recall correctly.

Still a bunch left at the Hiram Supertarget

#1792 chrisd

chrisd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:43 PM

ugh. My bad. I should've mentioned that it was Saint's Row CE for PS3. stupid. stupid.

Thanks for the heads up El Gray.

#1793 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:15 PM

Does anyone ever hit the Tucker Target right off 285? It's a bit out of the way for me, but I never see anyone post anything about that one that I can remember. So, I don't know if this means no one goes there, or they never have anything. I may try to get by there tomorrow, but that means going to downtown, midtown/buckhead, perimeter and Tucker while trying to fit in Wimbledon viewing in the morning and some game playing time.

My wife's office is right across the street. I have her check for stuff there for me sometimes. Never seems to have much.

#1794 whisper22

whisper22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:30 PM

Ended up at Lenox last night and went in the Target nearby. Big waste of time. The only thing they has was 5 or 6 copies of GH:WT for PS3 and they were still like $30.

#1795 slv-chris

slv-chris

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:35 PM

Hiram Target has about 6 l4d. left. The guy removed them all from the case after I grabbed one. Most likely will end up on the end cap. Price was 12.xx.

#1796 dogmae

dogmae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:27 PM

^
^
I was there a few hours ago and they are on the endcap now. 5 left

#1797 Enron

Enron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:15 PM

Too bad Hiram is about a million miles away. No L4D for me!

#1798 grundy

grundy

Whatevr a spider can

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:50 AM

Actually, there's only three left after I picked one up. Thanks Supes for "ratting out" this location

Currently playing:
:360: nothing
:3ds: nothing
:pc: nothing
:ps3: Killzone HD

#1799 FamiComplex

FamiComplex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:07 AM

Yep, Hiram's a bit too far out of the way, otherwise I'd be all over it. The location on Shallowford in Marietta and the location on 92 near Roswell are both out, despite what the inventory checker says. I hate their damned website.

But wow, if anyone wants a copy of FEAR 2 or GH3, don't worry. Your local Target has one. Or 25.
FamiComplex, the ongoing adventures of a nerdy classic game collector and historian. A new domain, a new direction and a fresh coat of paint!

#1800 whisper22

whisper22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:03 AM

Yeah no L4D for me either :(
I have no idea where Hiram even is other than its way far away from me. If theres only 3 left they won't last another 24hours anyway. Now if someone was to happen to pick up an extra one and wanted to send it my way... :P