Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

• Please log in to reply
4134 replies to this topic

#1801 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:24 PM

Got the last L4D @ Hiram about an hour ago.

the_it_crowd_moss.jpgdefault.png

#1802 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2009 - 03:37 AM

Went to Edgewood Target today and found two or three copies of HAWX, but they were all marked $41.98 (and scanned as same). Thought they were supposed to be down to $29.98 here?

#1803 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2009 - 02:59 PM

Went to Edgewood Target today and found two or three copies of HAWX, but they were all marked $41.98 (and scanned as same). Thought they were supposed to be down to $29.98 here?

I saw a few copies for that same price up in Duluth last night. Maybe in another week or two.

#1804 Enron

Enron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2009 - 03:18 PM

Nah. Remember, I said they had hit the FIRST round of clearance cuts....and that you'd be wise to get the game when it hits 50%, because it's not going to last to 14.98.

#1805 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:05 PM

Not sure who to thank but I got Saints Row 2 360 for $12.50 this past weekend at Target, due to someone on the board noting the clearance drop. It was actually hiding in the normal loose games section which is probably why it still had a $36 clearance tag on it, but I remembered that it should definitely be cheaper and a scanner revealed the true price. Fun game, especially for $12.50.
Posted Image

#1806 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:17 PM

Nah. Remember, I said they had hit the FIRST round of clearance cuts....and that you'd be wise to get the game when it hits 50%, because it's not going to last to 14.98.

Ah, okay. I was confused (happens a lot).

#1807 Supes

Supes

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:47 PM

Actually, there's only three left after I picked one up. Thanks Supes for "ratting out" this location

Hiram Target usually sucks for clearance, but they came through this time. I usually go to West Marietta on Dallas Hwy or the one is Austell on the corner of EW Connector and Austell Rd.

#1808 whisper22

whisper22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:25 PM

So I had to go to the north side of town today. On my way out I stopped at the Target in Stone Mtn right off of 78. Pretty much the only thing they really had was a ton of Pokemon Emerald for GBA. So then when I started my return trip, I went to the newish Target on Roswell Rd just inside 285. This is where I managed to get my hands on a copy of L4D!!!! Previously I had been attempting to look for the red stripe on the cover, which was usually just visible. This time I noticed that the positioning of the title on the spine was different. There were four copies total - the first two were the GotY version but the two behind it were the clearance ones. I didn't have the funds to pick up both to be able to send one to someone else who missed them elsewhere but as of about 2:30 there was still one there. I don't think the sales person had any clue. Also in the case they had FEAR2 marked for clearance as well as something else that I didn't recognize the title of. Off over in the actual clearance area they had tons and tons of copies of Ultimate Band for the Wii as well as tons of super lame DS games. And again a handful of copies of GH:WT for PS3, still at about $40. I can haz GH:WT for the 360 on clearance now?

You guys are awesome. And now I feel like I've contributed something.

#1809 FamiComplex

FamiComplex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:49 PM

Maaan, I was just over there the other day for the fireworks/laser show thing. Oh well.
FamiComplex, the ongoing adventures of a nerdy classic game collector and historian. A new domain, a new direction and a fresh coat of paint!

#1810 Pasis

Pasis

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:58 PM

Is there anyone here from the Southside of town?

#1811 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:38 PM

^I don't really qualify as I live just inside the NW corner of 285 but I did recently accept a job in the SW corner of Fulton county so I'll soon be down there regularly. I'm unfamiliar with this new area so if you know of any retail spots there it would be welcome info. I'm hoping there's at least a few decent spots to check for sales.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#1812 whisper22

whisper22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:44 PM

I'm just barely north of I20 but currently (unfortunately) my boyfriend lives in East Point. The only thing near there is a Kmart. To find a Target or WallyWorld you have to go a little ways away and/or outside the perimeter.

#1813 Chaos242

Chaos242

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:42 AM

Woodstock/May-retta here. I'm new. Be nice.

Do you guys/gals ever get together and game? I'd especially like to go somewhere (bar?) and get my Tekken 5: DR PSP action on!!!!

#1814 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:52 AM

Woodstock/May-retta here. I'm new. Be nice.

Do you guys/gals ever get together and game? I'd especially like to go somewhere (bar?) and get my Tekken 5: DR PSP action on!!!!

Unfortunately, I am married with a very young kid so I'm not in the going out phase right now.

For going out in the northwest metro-area Battle & Brew is the best place to drink and game. I enjoy Wild Wing Cafe (Roswell Rd.) but it gets very crowded, there is also a cyber/gaming cafe right across from Wild Wings that is relatively new (maybe a year old), but I forget the name [Edit: giga-bites cafe]. They have 360s, PS3s, Wiis, and gaming comps there.

I'll put you on my PM list, if you are looking for anything in-particular I can help you check Target clearance, BBy deals . . etc. in this area. I usually check the the proximal Targets (and don't worry I don't hoard- and I will gladly pick-up, look for or place titles so you can find what you are looking for- as long as you return the favor).

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#1815 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:44 AM

About 18 FEAR 2 (360) at Dallas Hwy Target for 12.48.

#1816 Chaos242

Chaos242

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:24 PM

Picked up L4D ($12.48) and Ninja Blade ($19.90) @ the Barrett Pkwy / Town Center Target. The staff will NOT believe you about the L4D and you might have to make them look in the back of the stack. There were about 4 left after I got mine. Also, if you're standing at the register like you were checking out, and you look to you 7 o'clock position, the end cap there has all the good clearance stuff. That is where I found my Ninja Blade. There were about 5 left.

#1817 hehjoy

hehjoy

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:05 PM

Went to the Best Buy on Pleasant Hill and saw a 50% off clearance rack. I just glanced at them because I was in a hurry. Picked up the De Blob Wii game&t-shirt for 9.99 (even though it was marked 29.99) and saw Valkryia Chronicles on PS3.

#1818 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:25 AM

Just got back in town and found my pm box was full. Apparently, that to do list item of clearing pms out slipped thru the cracks and I had no net access while I was gone. I've sent pms to some I know pmed, but just wanted to let anyone else know that I've cleared out copious space in the old inbox.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#1819 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:55 PM

Thanks hehjoy. On your tip, my friend was able to get a $10 deBlob as well. Something he'd been looking for for a while. Thanks again.
Posted Image

#1820 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:42 PM

Stopped by the Decatur Hollywood Video to see if their "all used games $30 and under for $5" sale was anything to get excited over. Don't bother. They had a pathetic box of about 30 of the sorriest Xbox, PS2, and GCN titles I've ever seen.

EDIT: Seems I was mistaken. El Gray made a follow-up visit and they had stuff on the shelves as well (employee I asked indicated stuff in the box was the only stuff in the sale -- he was wrong).

Edited by Tybee, 14 July 2009 - 05:06 AM.

#1821 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:55 PM

Dallas Hwy (Marietta) and Cobb Pkwy (Acworth) HV's have a decent selection of games in stock. Picked up a few 360 and a PSP game even though I don't own a PSP, but I wasn't passing up Crisis Core at 4.99.

#1822 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:23 AM

I ventured up to the Movie Gallery in Loganville to find two year old 360 sports games, one Wii game for PS3 (2008 soccer) and no PS3 games and a scratched up Crazy Taxi 3 and an employee who knew nothing of the sale. Didn't push it since they had nothing good anyway. Woulda been a total bust if not for getting gas for 2.15 as opposed to the 2.35 in Snellville. I really wanted a STFU, Fable 2, Metroid 3 and it burns me I was just back home where there are several HV/MGs and one had all of them.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#1823 whisper22

whisper22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:45 PM

I was gonna hit that MG today. Oh well saves me a trip and the disappointment I guess.

#1824 kitlink

kitlink

I just like dancin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:40 PM

I went to the snellville bestbuy today for disgaea 3 and was disappointed to see that they're now only offering a 5% discount for red dot items, which barely covers tax. After that I decided to go the loganville location and was able to get it and final fantasy fables: chocobo's dungeon 50% off. I also saw saint's row 2 CE (360) and animal crossing city folk /w wii speak on the same rack.

I'm just barely north of I20 but currently (unfortunately) my boyfriend lives in East Point. The only thing near there is a Kmart. To find a Target or WallyWorld you have to go a little ways away and/or outside the perimeter.

Welcome aboard! It's nice to see some other Lithonia area CAGers around.

#1825 bier

bier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:11 PM

Picked up FEAR 2 for $12.48 at L'ville Target - 2 left.

#1826 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:43 PM

Took a trip out to the Dallas Hwy (Marietta) and Cobb Pkwy (Acworth) Hollywood videos this afternoon to see what I could find in their $4.99 sale. I was bummed to not get a Fable II at either location and was told in Acworth that somebody grabbed their last (only?) copy yesterday, I'm hoping it was an ATL CAG. Nontheless, I grabbed GRID, Far Cry 2, Fracture, Endwar, and Blazing Angels for the 360. Also picked up Manhunt 2 and Bully SE for the Wii.

I was pleased to get all of them with case/box art and great condition books/manuals for all but Endwar and Blazing Angels. I haven't played any of these games so I'm happy to give 'em a shot for cheap, most excited for GRID and FYI it was tagged wrong at $49 and $39. Hoping I enjoy at least 2 or 3 of the others as well. The guys working at both places were really cool about price checking games, the Acworth guy even let me grab books for 2 games bought at the other store.

The Marietta store had a lot more Xbox, GCN, and PS2 games and not many PS3 or Wii. Their handheld selection was virtually nonexistant as well. The Acworth store had a bunch of DS games that I didn't look through myself but my wife said there was nothing there for either of our tastes. Overall, the Acworth location had a greater selection left of games and manuals and still had 1-2 copies of GRID; both stores had at least 2 copies of Far Cry 2 and Fracture also.

Sorry, I don't really remember much else as I did a bunch of stuff since then. If there's a CAG out there that grabbed the Fable II, kudos, ya' beat me to it!
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#1827 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:09 AM

Took a trip out to the Dallas Hwy (Marietta) and Cobb Pkwy (Acworth) Hollywood videos this afternoon to see what I could find in their $4.99 sale. I was bummed to not get a Fable II at either location and was told in Acworth that somebody grabbed their last (only?) copy yesterday, I'm hoping it was an ATL CAG. Nontheless, I grabbed GRID, Far Cry 2, Fracture, Endwar, and Blazing Angels for the 360. Also picked up Manhunt 2 and Bully SE for the Wii.

I was pleased to get all of them with case/box art and great condition books/manuals for all but Endwar and Blazing Angels. I haven't played any of these games so I'm happy to give 'em a shot for cheap, most excited for GRID and FYI it was tagged wrong at $49 and $39. Hoping I enjoy at least 2 or 3 of the others as well. The guys working at both places were really cool about price checking games, the Acworth guy even let me grab books for 2 games bought at the other store.

The Marietta store had a lot more Xbox, GCN, and PS2 games and not many PS3 or Wii. Their handheld selection was virtually nonexistant as well. The Acworth store had a bunch of DS games that I didn't look through myself but my wife said there was nothing there for either of our tastes. Overall, the Acworth location had a greater selection left of games and manuals and still had 1-2 copies of GRID; both stores had at least 2 copies of Far Cry 2 and Fracture also.

Sorry, I don't really remember much else as I did a bunch of stuff since then. If there's a CAG out there that grabbed the Fable II, kudos, ya' beat me to it!

The dude who got the Fable II in Acworth is the guy who works at the Dallas Hwy one (with the bad teeth and unkept beard). While I was checking out, he was behind me and had it in his hand. I don't remember seeing it when I was browsing but I could have missed it since I already had a copy and didn't want another one. Or he could have had someone pull it for him. I'm sure he stocked up either way at his store.

#1828 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:19 AM

Stopped by the Decatur Hollywood Video to see if their "all used games $30 and under for $5" sale was anything to get excited over. Don't bother. They had a pathetic box of about 30 of the sorriest Xbox, PS2, and GCN titles I've ever seen.

EDIT: Seems I was mistaken. El Gray made a follow-up visit and they had stuff on the shelves as well (employee I asked indicated stuff in the box was the only stuff in the sale -- he was wrong).

Aren't there two HVs in Decatur? At least according to their site anyway. I almost didn't go to the one on N Decatur Road, but bad traffic on 85 made me take 78 home yesterday and since I was close by I stopped and got PS3 Bioshock, Wii Manhunt 2, Metroid 3, 360 Civ Revolution, and one other which eludes me. Came home and saw that Midnight Club was getting picked up so I stopped by there again today and grabbed it and Halo 3 (which wasn't there before) for a buddy, but the lady said both were priced as marked, asked her to scan them as the Civ Rev I got was marked 45, but after scanning she confirmed they were both 35. It seemed as if she was deadset to say they were 35 though and she cleared the screen before I could see it so I dunno. They also have Lost Planet, Cod 2 & 3, Lego Indy (disc only), Darkness, Splinter Cell, Blue Dragon, Army of Two, Amped 3, Top SPin 2, Incredible Hulk for 360, wwe 2008, beijing 200(6?) GH3, Conan for PS3 and Red Steel, Cars for Wii and a few quality games which are eluding me. The BD, a SC, a LP, a Tony hawk 360 game (project 8 I think) a darkness were new in shrinkwrap, but being sold as used to get rid of them. Also, the cool guy who was there yesterday said that they had a bunch of people come in Monday and get a whole bunch of games so it seems like that may have been the store to go to. I had never been there before, but it makes sense as they've got an actual game case for new games and such. Wish I woulda known as I woulda hit it up Monday on my break. Oh well.

Target in Snellville has two Fear 2s left at 12.xx, a GH3 at 7.xx and a afro samurai at 14.xx. Caved and got a Fear 2.

Walmart in Snellville has a price tag for Gears 1 Refresh for $10 in the case, but no games in that row. They are so disorganized that a lucky CAG may find one in the wrong spot somewhere. No other new $10 games there.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#1829 El Gray

El Gray

Obscurity Sponge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:43 AM

I had them pricecheck that HALO3 on Monday night, and it was $35. Glad you got that Metroid 3, since you mentioned wanting one elsewhere! I thought they had one, but couldn't remember for sure, so I didn't send you over there on a whim.

I got MGS: Twin Snakes and Kirby's Air Ride for myself on Monday night.

#1830 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:11 AM

Went back to Acworth today, didn't see much new there, even though they said they got a shipment. I did notice a Lost Odyssey used copy in the new game display case pushed off and leaning to the side trying to hide the used sticker on it which makes me think they were holding it for someone, probably that guy who works at Dallas Hwy.