Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

• Please log in to reply
4134 replies to this topic

#1981 Ubiiquitous

Ubiiquitous

I Can't Spell Ubiquitous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:31 PM

HaHa. And to think I actually refrained from comment after the online bully remarks. Well played Ubi, well played.

Seriously, oops on that. Sidney Marcus in Buckhead is the correct location. Despite the ego shattering cruelty I can pick one up for you if you want.:D

Ha ha. Only picking on you.

That would be awesome if you could pick one up. Let me know and we can meet up this week, if possible. If it was Steve Reynolds, I would just head up there myself.

I need to go by the Stone Mountain Target, so I'm going to check there too, however, if you could pick me up one, I'd be very grateful!!

Thanks!! And I'll refrain from any snarky remarks on your posts..........for the next 24 hours...... ;)

#1982 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:14 PM

I'll DP to bump this up, Sidney Marcus Target has about 23 Rock Band 2s for 360 @ 12.48 (75% off). Wish I woulda held off during the Blockbuster sale. That's a solid deal. The only 360 GH:WT set looks like it's been opened and is still 30% off.

I'm assuming this not the bundle, because $12 for RB2 sets would be ridiculous.
Posted Image

#1983 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:32 PM

Ha ha. Only picking on you.

That would be awesome if you could pick one up. Let me know and we can meet up this week, if possible. If it was Steve Reynolds, I would just head up there myself.

I need to go by the Stone Mountain Target, so I'm going to check there too, however, if you could pick me up one, I'd be very grateful!!

Thanks!! And I'll refrain from any snarky remarks on your posts..........for the next 24 hours...... ;)

Couldn't check CAG again before I left work, but I'm sure there will be plenty left tomorrow. BTW, none at Steve Reynolds, I checked it out on my way home. Nothing too exciting there.

I'm assuming this not the bundle, because $12 for RB2 sets would be ridiculous.

Yeah, game only, although one day I'm sure the set will be around 15 to 20 just like when RB1 sets clearanced out. Of course, I'm sure noone would have 20+ of those!:)
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#1984 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:44 PM

North Point Target has a ton of GH:World Tour guitar bundles (360/PS3) for $22.70 or something. This includes 1 copy of World Tour and either 1 new style guitar with the touch pad or 2 GH3 Les Pauls. Considering the Les Paul is my favorite GH/RB guitar out there, getting 2 for $22 was well worth it and I'll keep World Tour around in case I get GH5 and want to import the songs. Still plenty available, although PS3 only has the 1 new style guitar package.

EDIT - Amazon is giving $10 for World Tour trade-in so you could effectively get 2 Les Pauls for $12. Can't beat that.

For those that can't get in on this, Costco is selling the bundle with the new style guitar (for 360 & PS3) for $30.

#1985 Ubiiquitous

Ubiiquitous

I Can't Spell Ubiquitous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:18 PM

North Point Target has a ton of GH:World Tour guitar bundles (360/PS3) for $22.70 or something. This includes 1 copy of World Tour and either 1 new style guitar with the touch pad or 2 GH3 Les Pauls. Considering the Les Paul is my favorite GH/RB guitar out there, getting 2 for $22 was well worth it and I'll keep World Tour around in case I get GH5 and want to import the songs. Still plenty available, although PS3 only has the 1 new style guitar package.

EDIT - Amazon is giving $10 for World Tour trade-in so you could effectively get 2 Les Pauls for $12. Can't beat that.

Hey Felder, can you clarify a couple of things?

Doesn't the GH bundle have the guitar in it? How can they give you a choice of 2 Les Pauls if the new style already is pre-packaged?

Also, how many would you consider "a ton"? I may try and go up there tomorrow if they might still have them, but it's a long drive for me, so I want to have a pretty good idea that they have them before making the trek.

Thanks!!

#1986 whisper22

whisper22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:51 AM

Doesn't the GH bundle have the guitar in it? How can they give you a choice of 2 Les Pauls if the new style already is pre-packaged?

From what I've seen there are two different "guitar bundles"... one with the game and the new style guitar and one with the game and two of the Les Paul guitars.

And if you do go up there, you would be the most awesomest person ever if you grabbed me one of the two Les Paul bundles.

#1987 Ubiiquitous

Ubiiquitous

I Can't Spell Ubiquitous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:57 AM

From what I've seen there are two different "guitar bundles"... one with the game and the new style guitar and one with the game and two of the Les Paul guitars.

And if you do go up there, you would be the most awesomest person ever if you grabbed me one of the two Les Paul bundles.

Sure. I'm going to wait to see how many were there first. That's a long drive to come up empty-handed!

#1988 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:27 AM

Sure. I'm going to wait to see how many were there first. That's a long drive to come up empty-handed!

If you do go that way I'd be much obliged if you could wrangle up a bundle for me as well. Not really sure which bundle I'd prefer as I've got two Les Pauls (GH3 and GH:A) and I don't know if the WT guitar is better. Mainly interested in the game and I have a friend who'd want the guitar(s).
Posted Image
Now playing:

#1989 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:52 AM

Hey Felder, can you clarify a couple of things?

Also, how many would you consider "a ton"? I may try and go up there tomorrow if they might still have them, but it's a long drive for me, so I want to have a pretty good idea that they have them before making the trek.

Thanks!!

For Xbox 360, I mean a ton! There were at least 10 of the dual Les Pauls (spread out between the normal Xbox location and the clearance location) and maybe 5 or 6 of the one touch slide guitar.
Posted Image

#1990 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:02 PM

Hey guys, Marietta(Smyrna)/41 TRU didn't have the Batman AA giftcards today, they just gave me a normal one w/ the $30 credit. However, my brother informed me that he did get the Batman GC at Barrett/Kennesaw if it matters to you.

FWIW:
I checked Sydney Marcus, Kennesaw, and Perimeter BBY for pennied guides last night and found only two stray KZ2's. I am looking for a Dead Space and X-Men origins. If anyone sees any pick it up for me or hide me one :lol:.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#1991 breezie

breezie

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:12 PM

Thank you- I swung by today during my lunch break and picked up the XBOX360 version with 2 Guitars at $22. There were about 6-8 left of this and the new guitar version. How does the Les Paul version compare to the new guitar style? What are the differences?

#1992 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:42 PM

Hey guys, Marietta(Smyrna)/41 TRU didn't have the Batman AA giftcards today, they just gave me a normal one w/ the $30 credit. However, my brother informed me that he did get the Batman GC at Barrett/Kennesaw if it matters to you.

FWIW:
I checked Sydney Marcus, Kennesaw, and Perimeter BBY for pennied guides last night and found only two stray KZ2's. I am looking for a Dead Space and X-Men origins. If anyone sees any pick it up for me or hide me one :lol:.

Confirm the nothingness at SM's BB. Although they do STILL have a Saint's Row 2 guide from the last drop. SM Target is now down to 22 Rock Band 2s.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#1993 Ubiiquitous

Ubiiquitous

I Can't Spell Ubiquitous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:47 PM

Confirm the nothingness at SM's BB. Although they do STILL have a Saint's Row 2 guide from the last drop. SM Target is now down to 22 Rock Band 2s.

My apologies, but I wasn't able to get out to NP Target today. I have been pretty busy and it's a 37 mile drive (one way), so that made it extra tough.

#1994 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:13 PM

Les Paul vs. GH:WT guitar - I find that the Les Paul is superior. THe GH:WT is much heavier to hold and has a thicker neck, which hurts my hands quicker. Les Pauls have also been of higher quality and less likely to break, at least that's been my experience. The "advantage" to the World Tour guitar is it has the touch pad for slide guitar stuff that is in GH:WT and maybe GH:Metallica. But honestly, I've found that to be very imprecise and gimmicky and rather play it normal style. So 2 Les Pauls is definitely better than 1 new style in my opinion and I like to stock pile in case one breaks (I've got 6 now and I've only paid a total of $60 for 5 of them, not including the one that came with GH3). I think I'm set for a while!
Posted Image

#1995 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:15 PM

Thank you- I swung by today during my lunch break and picked up the XBOX360 version with 2 Guitars at $22. There were about 6-8 left of this and the new guitar version. How does the Les Paul version compare to the new guitar style? What are the differences?

The main difference is that the new guitar has the touch sensetive neck slider, I think its use is optional however.

#1996 ZharTheMad

ZharTheMad

Target Mastermind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:31 PM

Did you notice how many PS3 Les Pauls were left? I'm interested in the PS3 bundle.

#1997 breezie

breezie

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:52 PM

Did you notice how many PS3 Les Pauls were left? I'm interested in the PS3 bundle.

There were definitely less PS3 versions than XBOX360 versions but I'm not sure on how many. If you go and can't find any, check the end caps, there was an endcap full of GH: World Tour.

#1998 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:42 PM

Please allow me one more opportunity to agree that Brandsmart is the closest thing to Hell on Earth. AVOID.

There is no doubt that Vizio TVs give you the most for your money, and the quality is good too. There isn't anything wrong with them. Personally I like Samsung TVs, which seem to have better prices than they once did since Vizio has been around.

I'm going to have to disagree based on my experience with Vizio HDTVs. My inlaws have a 42" set that they had for about a year when a dark black cloud appeared over the right half of the picture and quickly spread. No warranty support and they bought it from WalMart, so they were SOL.

I myself bought two 20" Vizio HDTVs (in succession) for use in the bedroom. Both units had defective speakers. One would buzz loudly when the mute button was activated or the volume was turned all the way down. Did some poking around the AVS Forums and discovered it was a known issue. The next, which was a slightly newer model that supposedly fixed the problem, buzzed while the volume was up. At that point I gave up.

There are many things that can go wrong with an HDTV, and you essentially get what you pay for. I also am a fan of Samsung, and have one of their 32" LCD HDTVs in my living room (top-of-the-line at the time), but after three years in service, it's started to show some faint clouding/burn-in on the upper right-hand side as well. So who knows. Hoping to upgrade to a 40" (the biggest my cabinet will allow) Samsung LED backlit LCD soon.

#1999 whisper22

whisper22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:10 AM

I'm going to have to disagree based on my experience with Vizio HDTVs. My inlaws have a 42" set that they had for about a year when a dark black cloud appeared over the right half of the picture and quickly spread. No warranty support and they bought it from WalMart, so they were SOL.

I myself bought two 20" Vizio HDTVs (in succession) for use in the bedroom. Both units had defective speakers. One would buzz loudly when the mute button was activated or the volume was turned all the way down. Did some poking around the AVS Forums and discovered it was a known issue. The next, which was a slightly newer model that supposedly fixed the problem, buzzed while the volume was up. At that point I gave up.

There are many things that can go wrong with an HDTV, and you essentially get what you pay for. I also am a fan of Samsung, and have one of their 32" LCD HDTVs in my living room (top-of-the-line at the time), but after three years in service, it's started to show some faint clouding/burn-in on the upper right-hand side as well. So who knows. Hoping to upgrade to a 40" (the biggest my cabinet will allow) Samsung LED backlit LCD soon.

The Samsung that we have is a DLP and is slowly suffering from "dead pixels" (even though they aren't really pixels). It didn't start until after it was out of warranty. Apparently it is a known problem but then again DLP was not the best tech. The big problem is that we have a very limited budget to get a new TV. I like the Sharp Aquos myself. Maybe an LG would be good...

#2000 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:04 AM

Wow, this thread blew up since I checked in 48 hours ago. I feel like I'm late to the party but those GHWT bundles with 2 LP controllers and the RB2 game only are great deals. I too feel that the LesPaul guitars are better. The touch slide thing was pretty lame and not accurate, plus the WT model's downstrum broke after a month, lame. Playing with only upstrums on guitar at the higher difficulties got old real fast. I'll see if I can check around for these 2 deals in the next few days and post any findings. I know I'll be able to do it this weekend but I'm afraid both wells will be dry by then. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#2001 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:41 AM

Pretty sure there are no PS3 Les Pauls, only the bundle with one GH:WT touch slider guitar. Maybe 3-4 of those.
Posted Image

#2002 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:16 PM

No guides at the BB on Pleasant Hill of I85. There was an employee organizing them when I walked in so I get the feeling I got there just a little too late. He asked if I was looking for any books in particular. Shoulda asked what I could get for the six pennies in my pocket.

A little more luck at the Snellville BB for me, but unfortunately just taking enough meant taking most of it. Found 1 KZ2, 4 NFS Undercover, 2 Dead Space, and 1 Wolverine. Left 3 NFS:UC and took the rest. The Wolverine and extra DS are for a CAG. That store is still running it's terrible tiered "clearance" that's something like buy one for 10% off, buy 2 for 15% off, buy 3 for 20% off and buy 4 or more for 25% off.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#2003 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:54 PM

BB in Douglasville last night had a Terminator and KillZone 2 guide at the counter marked 1¢ each.

...I need to go back there. I mentioned TRU's b1g1 ½ on wii and ds games, and they said they'd price match. Even though I didn't have a flier, they looked it up online, and the kids told the cashiers to do a price match on Metroid and Wii Resort. Instead of 50% off of one, they took 25% off of each... only, it wasn't 25% off of each, it was $25 off of each. So I got both for $50 and tax.

The terrible thing is, at the time, I noticed it and said nothing. But I got absolutely zero sleep last night, and I have to go back and pay the difference.

edit: I don't know if was intentional (a joke) or a typo, but I changed the tag on this thread from "ackworth" to "acworth."
gwensigol8.png

#2004 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:11 PM

I forgot to ask, is anyone going to Dragoncon? Frank Conniff, Trace, Mary Jo AND Bill Corbett are going to be there. I even saw a thing on the schedule for Crow vs Crow, so I'm assuming Trace and Bill will be doing a Crow show.
gwensigol8.png

#2005 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:22 PM

Just saw that the C&C RA 3 guide is pennied. I saw at least one at the Pleasant Hill BB yesterday. I thought it was pennied, but had no need for it. Anyone have luck getting penny guides at Blockbuster around here?
Posted Image
Now playing:

#2006 kitlink

kitlink

I just like dancin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:48 PM

That store is still running it's terrible tiered "clearance" that's something like buy one for 10% off, buy 2 for 15% off, buy 3 for 20% off and buy 4 or more for 25% off.

That's better than the 5% they were offering last time I was there.

#2007 Robotechnology

Robotechnology

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:35 PM

Just wanted to give a shoutout to jdawgg for his post about the 12-buck "Rock Band 2" (game only) copies at the Sidney Marcus Target. Grabbed one that should go nicely with the clearanced RB1 set that I got at Target late last year. My instruments had been collecting dust, but the new songs and features ought to give me another boost of interest. I CAN use my RB1 instruments with RB2, right?

That store still had tons of 15-dollar "SW: Force Unleashed" for Xbox, and also a few "Rainbow 6 Vegas 1" for that price. I couldn't bring myself to bite on either though.

#2008 Ubiiquitous

Ubiiquitous

I Can't Spell Ubiquitous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:38 PM

Just wanted to give a shoutout to jdawgg for his post about the 12-buck "Rock Band 2" (game only) copies at the Sidney Marcus Target. Grabbed one that should go nicely with the clearanced RB1 set that I got at Target late last year. My instruments had been collecting dust, but the new songs and features ought to give me another boost of interest. I CAN use my RB1 instruments with RB2, right?

That store still had tons of 15-dollar "SW: Force Unleashed" for Xbox, and also a few "Rainbow 6 Vegas 1" for that price. I couldn't bring myself to bite on either though.

Yes about the instruments.

Both of those games are well worth $15, especially R6V. I highly recommend spending the $30.

#2009 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:42 PM

That's better than the 5% they were offering last time I was there.

Oh, yeah, that was a joke.

Glad to help. I'm waiting for 7.50 for SWTFU as well. There are several at that store and a bunch at a few other stores so odds are pretty good. Vegas is a lot of fun.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#2010 ZharTheMad

ZharTheMad

Target Mastermind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:03 PM

Is $15 75% of 50% off?