Metal Slug Advance(GBA) - $17.50 @ Best Buy after GGC(YMMV?)

Mojimbo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
it was marked as $22.50, use the gamer's gift card to score it for $17.50. might be YMMV, although I don't think it should be seeing as best buy deals tend to be national. the white tab with price sticker said it was printed 12/19/04 so I assume if it's marked higher maybe they haven't gotten around to changing the price stickers. also, there were no copies of the game out on the sales floor so I asked about it and they got me a copy(and also a copy of kingdom hearts) from the back, so if you don't see it out on the floor it won't hurt to ask.

Thanks for the deal, hopefully one of my Best Buys has it at this price, don't have a GGC and if they don't have the $19.99 GGC coupon, $22.50 is still a good deal for me.

I don't think so, I saw a bunch of copies over the last couple of days at EB, wal-mart(I think), two separate best buys, and multiple TRUs. I'm really thankful SNK brought this over. It's a shame they don't release an end-all Metal Slug compilation on the consoles.

Getting hard to find any old GGCs anymore, and the new ones aren't as good. Still, $22.50 is probably the cheapest that game's gonna get for awhile. Now to just find a store that has it :)

My Best Buy had a decent stock of the game (maybe seven, eight copies) and GGCs for the first time in what seems like forever.

It's not YMMV; it rang up at $22.50 and the GGC dropped the price to the $17.50 that I was hoping it would cost.

Thanks, sanjuro! :D

Thanks OP! Mine had about 5 copies. Glad to get it, too, I've been hearing that it's been discontinued (no confirmation, though).

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Must get in on this and pick up one. Is this some sort of sale that will last only this week or is this its actual price at BB?[/quote]I think it's an unadvertised sale. I checked out BB a couple of times last week(in search of a DS) and I saw it marked as $29.99.

[quote name='sanjuro'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Must get in on this and pick up one. Is this some sort of sale that will last only this week or is this its actual price at BB?[/quote]I think it's an unadvertised sale. I checked out BB a couple of times last week(in search of a DS) and I saw it marked as $29.99.[/quote]

I called my local BB and they're dense as fenceposts on anything.

I'll be in the area of one this evening and I'll go check them out.

[quote name='chrisflyer']Thanks OP! Mine had about 5 copies. Glad to get it, too, I've been hearing that it's been discontinued (no confirmation, though).[/quote]

How can it be discontinued when it just came out like one or two weeks ago?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='chrisflyer']Thanks OP! Mine had about 5 copies. Glad to get it, too, I've been hearing that it's been discontinued (no confirmation, though).[/quote]

How can it be discontinued when it just came out like one or two weeks ago?[/quote]

I/We (Penny-Arcade forum) thought the same thing. Apparently, it's been delisted from Gamestop's system (same thing that happened to Aria of Sorrow). Like I said, there's nothing official, so it's all speculation at this point.

Just got one, thanks OP, they had two in stock with no price on the tag.
And, the game is pretty good, heard it is short, but lots to collect.

Great find for a game that just came out.

i went to the BB in santa monica on pico and they had lots of GGC but no copies of metal slug advance. I am glad to stock up on the GGC tho, i will check for metal slug advance tomorrow in other BB.

Snatched up Metal Slug Advance for $17.50 after GGC. Grabbed a pic of the price tag, since there was one that said $22.50 and the other one that said $29.99.

Funny thing is that I picked up a few GGC's when I was there and when I was about to pay for it, the register crashed. :lol: :lol: :lol: The cashier has put money on the GGC's, though they were invalid because the transaction was lost. The funny thing is that she had to get new ones, and she came back with the PS2/$29.99 GGC's. :shock: I had to explain to her on the spot what the differences were. She had no clue about what the differences were.

As if I wouldn't know the difference. :lol:

are the GBA games in bestbuy all dont have plastic cases? anyway. the game is freaking hard and only 5 levels. short 5 levels i should say. well its hard to get all the stuff without dying but its easy to beat the game since its unlimited lives. when its gameover u can start at a certain point.

Wanted to pick this up yesterday, but unfortunately they were all sold out. But all was not lost since they still had one advance war 2 on the shelf for $10, still a good day after all.

I went to one Best Buy and they were out, but I found the new GGC with the $19.99 coupon and bought one with $5. Went to the next Best Buy and they had several Metal Slug games for $22.50. Thanks again for the deal!

if anyone wants anything from my tradelist...i might trade for metal slug advance...parents are gettin on me for buying so many games...but trading is fine, lol...

[quote name='CD']Getting hard to find any old GGCs anymore, and the new ones aren't as good. Still, $22.50 is probably the cheapest that game's gonna get for awhile. Now to just find a store that has it :)[/quote]

The new ones are perfect! They're the SAME thing except expire on 12/31/05! They come in a green case with a PS controller.

whoah! it seem my BB wasnt wiped out of GBA games...

they jus took them all off the shelf andm oved them to a display thing!!!

now I got the game yo!!

love to the OP!~ you down with OPP? yah u kno me!!

then I bought a used VF4 Evo for $10 at ebgames! no manual tho...

I went yesterday to try and find one but they were totally sold out. First time I have ever seen my BB look like a warzone/walmart style. Barely any games for any system. They looked it up in the computer (I don't know how accurate they are) but it said that every Metal Slug Advance in my area had been sold out :(. I did luck out and found a couple of Advance Wars 2 for $10, which I guess those will be better gifts than books. They were also sold out of Shaun of the Dead which I wanted to pick up using the 20% off coupon. But I was fortunate enough to find another one of the new GGC that end in 05.

[quote name='StealthySeal']mine is sold out :( i would love to get it for that cheap![/quote]
My BB didn't even get it in until 2-3 weeks after it came out.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Anybody know if this truly has been discontinued or whether BBs that have sold out of it will receive another shipment?[/quote]

It's hard to say...it is still available online at most places...even Best Buy but the price is $29.99. I was suprised because when I picked mine up I think I snagged the last one where as the day before there were 3 or more copies. It seems odd that a game that just came out would already be discountinued. Usually though when I see a game suddenly disappear from BB it never comes back. Either way if you can get this for $17.50 with the GGC it is worth it.

I got it at BB for the reduced price too. This game is indeed awesome. Great grahics, sound, animation, everything. But it's really really short. I know there are cards to collect and other stuff, but still...5 missions will be over before you know it.

They should add in a infinite shotgun ammo/max gore mode. That would kick so much ass.

bread's done
Back