Photo
- - - - -

Metal Slug Advance(GBA) - $17.50 @ Best Buy after GGC(YMMV?)

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 GenDV138

GenDV138

Posted 21 December 2004 - 06:57 PM

I went to one Best Buy and they were out, but I found the new GGC with the $19.99 coupon and bought one with $5. Went to the next Best Buy and they had several Metal Slug games for $22.50. Thanks again for the deal!

#32 tyecko

tyecko

All hail Klondike man!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2004 - 11:38 PM

Nice just got this game for $17.50 and tried it out, totally worth it, its awesome.

#33 Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson

spends too much time here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2004 - 12:28 AM

I could have gotten it, but I picked up a GC 251 and a CD instead. I didn't feel like going through the hassle of GGCing again.

samuraifez.png

#34 waxHead

waxHead

Resident Vinyl Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2004 - 12:30 AM

Picked it up about an hour ago, looked like I grabbed the last one. It'll be perfect for my trip home, thanks!

#35 swetooth9

swetooth9

Go Tar Heels!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2004 - 12:39 AM

if anyone wants anything from my tradelist...i might trade for metal slug advance...parents are gettin on me for buying so many games...but trading is fine, lol...

#36 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2004 - 12:50 AM

Getting hard to find any old GGCs anymore, and the new ones aren't as good. Still, $22.50 is probably the cheapest that game's gonna get for awhile. Now to just find a store that has it :)

The new ones are perfect! They're the SAME thing except expire on 12/31/05! They come in a green case with a PS controller.

#37 JEKKI

JEKKI

JEKKI WOO FOO FOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2004 - 03:21 AM

whoah! it seem my BB wasnt wiped out of GBA games...

they jus took them all off the shelf andm oved them to a display thing!!!

now I got the game yo!!

love to the OP!~ you down with OPP? yah u kno me!!

then I bought a used VF4 Evo for $10 at ebgames! no manual tho...

#38 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2004 - 03:48 AM

Grabbed the last one at the Poughkeepsie BB today,a nd it was marked at 22.50. Weird price, but great game.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#39 miriamleo

miriamleo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2004 - 07:14 AM

Got one finally. My Bestbuy has a lot. Great game with great price~

#40 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2004 - 03:11 PM

Picked my copy up yesterday.

Thanks for the great deal!

#41 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2004 - 06:52 AM

Deal is still alive, I grabbed one today and used my last GGC! I was shocked my BB actually still had any.

Think you're good at Fantasy Sports? Check out Fanduel where you can play daily to win money on Fantasy Sports!

https://www.fanduel....jimbodan&cnl=da

fs_pc.png

#42 Jaket

Jaket

Ask me about my Halo 3 stats

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2004 - 07:49 AM

mine is sold out :( i would love to get it for that cheap!
still alive

#43 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2004 - 08:32 PM

I went yesterday to try and find one but they were totally sold out. First time I have ever seen my BB look like a warzone/walmart style. Barely any games for any system. They looked it up in the computer (I don't know how accurate they are) but it said that every Metal Slug Advance in my area had been sold out :(. I did luck out and found a couple of Advance Wars 2 for $10, which I guess those will be better gifts than books. They were also sold out of Shaun of the Dead which I wanted to pick up using the 20% off coupon. But I was fortunate enough to find another one of the new GGC that end in 05.

#44 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2004 - 09:13 PM

I picked this up today with the GGC and a Christmas gift card :D . Nice Deal! Thanks OP!

#45 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2004 - 12:08 AM

Anybody know if this truly has been discontinued or whether BBs that have sold out of it will receive another shipment?

#46 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2004 - 12:44 AM

mine is sold out :( i would love to get it for that cheap!

My BB didn't even get it in until 2-3 weeks after it came out.

#47 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2004 - 02:52 PM

Anybody know if this truly has been discontinued or whether BBs that have sold out of it will receive another shipment?

It's hard to say...it is still available online at most places...even Best Buy but the price is $29.99. I was suprised because when I picked mine up I think I snagged the last one where as the day before there were 3 or more copies. It seems odd that a game that just came out would already be discountinued. Usually though when I see a game suddenly disappear from BB it never comes back. Either way if you can get this for $17.50 with the GGC it is worth it.

#48 video_gamer324

video_gamer324

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2004 - 05:00 PM

I got the last copy at my BB last night! Hooray for me!
I got kicked out of cub scouts because I ate a brownie.

Check out my blog on how to build up your video game collection: VGK

BigCrumbs: Get CASH BACK shopping at GameStop, TRU, Walmart, Newegg, GameFly, and more - NO OFFERS REQUIRED!
GameTrailers: Watch trailers, reviews, and gameplay videos and get a FREE PS3, WII, or XBOX 360!

#49 qtseng

qtseng

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2004 - 04:03 AM

I got it at BB for the reduced price too. This game is indeed awesome. Great grahics, sound, animation, everything. But it's really really short. I know there are cards to collect and other stuff, but still...5 missions will be over before you know it.

They should add in a infinite shotgun ammo/max gore mode. That would kick so much ass.

#50 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2004 - 04:06 AM

I just grabbed the last copy @ BB on Clark in Chi-town. It was hidden behind several other games but I was so relieved when I found it. WOO!
Posted Image

#51 Johnny Postman

Johnny Postman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2004 - 04:26 AM

Doh!... was at this BB earlier today looking for a copy but didn't look for it hard enough. Nothing at North Ave either. Nice score GB

I just grabbed the last copy @ BB on Clark in Chi-town. It was hidden behind several other games but I was so relieved when I found it. WOO!

Posted Image