This OTT is sponsored by Dodge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone gets a brand new Dodge Ram just for posting...

9413187197575165.jpg

[quote name='Liquid 2']Snagging Batman: Gotham Knight in HD.[/QUOTE]

That's the anime one that's coming out this Tuesday, right?

I figure I'll get that with our Blockbuster pass. I'm not quite sold on the idea, but Justice League New Frontier was good and DC's had a good track record with animation.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']That's the anime one that's coming out this Tuesday, right?

I figure I'll get that with our Blockbuster pass. I'm not quite sold on the idea, but Justice League New Frontier was good and DC's had a good track record with animation.[/QUOTE]

I guess. It's supposed to "bridge the gap between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight" (which I hadn't known was going to be present), and it has some respectable names behind it, so I thought it was worth checking out.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I guess. It's supposed to "bridge the gap between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight" (which I hadn't known was going to be present), and it has some respectable names behind it, so I thought it was worth checking out.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know there was a gap either, so it must not be too important to the plot. Then again, it's been two years since I saw Batman Begins, and I really don't know anything about the new movie.

I need to find a theater near me that's going to show The Dark Knight in IMAX. It'll cost more and I'll use more gas to get there, but it'll be worth it.

[quote name='lordwow']Looks like the party is over. Everyone is getting no point code emails.[/quote]
Damn. I've only got 5,000 points right now. :whistle2:(

[quote name='Liquid 2']I guess. It's supposed to "bridge the gap between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight" (which I hadn't known was going to be present), and it has some respectable names behind it, so I thought it was worth checking out.[/quote]

It's entertaining but the segments are too short, good but barely 10-15 minutes each story. Theyre loosely joined together but it tells the story well and sets up Batman's reputation with criminals and what happened to the narrows, The island lost to the madness of Scarcrow and Ra's al ghul's evil plot in the first movie.

However. New Frontier is a MUST BUY, Gotham knight is a rent.

[quote name='joe2187']It's entertaining but the segments are too short, good but barely 10-15 minutes each story. Theyre loosely joined together but it tells the story well and sets up Batman's reputation with criminals and what happened to the narrows, The island lost to the madness of Scarcrow and Ra's al ghul's evil plot in the first movie.

However. New Frontier is a MUST BUY, Gotham knight is a rent.[/QUOTE]

New frontier?

[quote name='joe2187']It's entertaining but the segments are too short, good but barely 10-15 minutes each story. Theyre loosely joined together but it tells the story well and sets up Batman's reputation with criminals and what happened to the narrows, The island lost to the madness of Scarcrow and Ra's al ghul's evil plot in the first movie.

However. New Frontier is a MUST BUY, Gotham knight is a rent.[/QUOTE]

New Frontier was a rent for me for the time being, but I'll probably pick it up later if I can catch it on sale. Good animation, great casting, and a story that focuses on the Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter instead of Superman and Batman combined to make it worth watching. :)

This post is gonna cater to a very niche audience, but anyone who is a Neutral Milk Hotel Fan will think this is cool.

You can hear a little bit of a NMH song (I can't for the life of me think of the name) at the beginning of Goldfinger's This Lonely Place.

Can kind of be hear here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=zl9ghHwB56o but it's better with headphones on.

I'm sure this is incredibly old, but I just noticed it when I was listening to goldfinger on my zune.

[quote name='Liquid 2']New frontier?[/QUOTE]

Wikipedia

It's short (something like an hour and fifteen minutes, if memory serves), but that's pretty much the only thing about it I didn't like.

[quote name='Rocko']Wow, fuck you guys for ruining this promotion for those of us who would've been happy with one code.

Assholes.[/QUOTE]

...says the guy who ordered five seasons of Voltron. :cool:

Win some, lose some. Can't catch all of the deals, right?

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']...says the guy who ordered five seasons of Voltron. :cool:

Win some, lose some. Right?[/quote]

Wrong, I got 5500 points. :cool:

Dang, I was gonna get myself back up to the point where I could get all of Who's Next when it comes out since I spent 800 on N+. Oh wells. At least I got that for free and can get most of Who's Next, which isn't too bad since I don't think I'd play all the songs from it anyways.

[quote name='Rocko']Wrong, I got 5500 points. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I was just about to type out "HYPOCRITE OF THE YEAR" but you already got it taken care of. :cool:

[quote name='Rocko']...Sarcasm detectors for the win?[/QUOTE]

This is the internet, mang. How am I supposed to detect sarcasm like that? :nottalking:

[quote name='karsh']Dang, I was gonna get myself back up to the point where I could get all of Who's Next when it comes out since I spent 800 on N+. Oh wells. At least I got that for free and can get most of Who's Next, which isn't too bad since I don't think I'd play all the songs from it anyways.[/QUOTE]

Who's Next isn't actually coming out, is it? I could swear I read an article that said that the master tapes for the second half of the album are missing, and that what's coming out for Rock Band is sort of a greatest hits compilation.

[quote name='Rocko']...Sarcasm detectors for the win?[/QUOTE]

Quiet. It's late - I'd be getting up five hours from now if it was a work day.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Who's Next isn't actually coming out, is it? I could swear I read an article that said that the master tapes for the second half of the album are missing, and that what's coming out for Rock Band is sort of a greatest hits compilation.

Quiet. It's late - I'd be getting up five hours from now if it was a work day.[/quote]

Yeah, it's more of a greatest hits type thing, cause they DID lose the masters. But it'll still have Behind Blue Eyes and Baba O'Riley, so it's okay in my books.

[quote name='lordwow']We're going to have one big Who's Next Jam session in the OTT in 10 days.[/QUOTE]

I need a system that can play Rock Band with DLC and online play. fuck the Wii version.

It's starting to look like I need a new computer, though, so I'll have to save for that. My laptop needed a new battery and hard drive in the last year alone, and I'm afraid that something more crucial and non-replaceable might be up next.

I think it's time to call it a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back