Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:12 AM

eBay ID: freaky4771
milosalvatore@yahoo.com

Salvatore Milo
108 Bay 8th St
brooklyn, NY 11228-3710
United States
-----
This clown bought a PS2 from me, but didn't pay until I opened an unpaid item dispute. Then four days after he finally pays, I get an e-mail from PayPal saying that he filed a bank reversal. Thankfully, UPS has a delivery intercept/return to sender service, so I was able to get the system back. I was still stuck with the cost of shipping, cost of having it returned, and the FVF fee, though. :(

On the bright side, I did end up reselling it for $50 more, which kinda made up for the loss on the first "sale."

#512 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:05 PM

I really don't know why this thread is in this forum section and not the auction one.

people should also post in this thread so CAGs can block them:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=148600

#513 Coolzell

Coolzell

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:04 AM

Just started my ebay account to start selling on sale 3 this guy bids on my item. A day passes with no payments or messages. I remind him that he bid on the item, then he promptly responds with he forgot to change the address on the oder. He gives me a new address to ship to which is in the same state as him with same name then instantly pays. What should I do?

#514 edavis0780

edavis0780

Disbarred! STFUJT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:41 AM

Just started my ebay account to start selling on sale 3 this guy bids on my item. A day passes with no payments or messages. I remind him that he bid on the item, then he promptly responds with he forgot to change the address on the oder. He gives me a new address to ship to which is in the same state as him with same name then instantly pays. What should I do?

:whee:
That's definitely a scammer. Address changes are a big NO NO. Better to be safe than sorry and let this fish back into the sea.
Posted Image

"I am a one-man violent video game wrecking crew"

"I love the smell of burning gamers in the morning."

"These flowers were sent to harass me."

"Nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you're a hit man or a video gamer."

-Jack Thompson

Without Jack Thompson, wikiquotes just wouldn't be the same.

#515 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:57 AM

:whee:
That's definitely a scammer. Address changes are a big NO NO. Better to be safe than sorry and let this fish back into the sea.

Yeah don't ship to any address that is not listed on his account or you will lose any dispute

#516 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

I think I just sold an order on half.com to someone who is trying to commit fraud. He has 0 feedback and when I clicked on his name, it said he was not a registered user, but I haven't received any cancellation notice from half.com or anything. I emailed half.com to see what they have to say. I have until Monday to ship so I think I am just going to hold off until I hear from them. Do you guys who've experienced this think this is definitely a fraud attempt?

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#517 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:29 AM

I think I just sold an order on half.com to someone who is trying to commit fraud. He has 0 feedback and when I clicked on his name, it said he was not a registered user, but I haven't received any cancellation notice from half.com or anything. I emailed half.com to see what they have to say. I have until Monday to ship so I think I am just going to hold off until I hear from them. Do you guys who've experienced this think this is definitely a fraud attempt?

Most likely it is. Does it say "no longer registered user" if it does then half/ebay pulled the id or the person using it closed the account.

#518 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:44 AM

Most likely it is. Does it say "no longer registered user" if it does then half/ebay pulled the id or the person using it closed the account.

It says "Not a registered user" when I click on his name. But it pulls up a page like when you click on anyone else's name and says he's been a member since February 2009. I dunno if I should mail it or not. I emailed half and am waiting for an answer.

13374.png

New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#519 Jack

Jack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:24 AM

It is possible that it's not a scam. If a buyer just registers on half.com, but not eBay, their feedback page will say that they're not a registered user. They'll still be able to buy on half.com, but won't be able to leave or receive feedback. I once sold something to a half.com buyer who wasn't a registered user and everything went fine.
Brawl: 1892-4510-3504

#520 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:36 AM

It is possible that it's not a scam. If a buyer just registers on half.com, but not eBay, their feedback page will say that they're not a registered user. They'll still be able to buy on half.com, but won't be able to leave or receive feedback. I once sold something to a half.com buyer who wasn't a registered user and everything went fine.

Cool. Thanks for that info. I've sold on half and ebay for over 10 years, but never thought about any type of scam from a buyer until I saw this thread. It got me paranoid...lol. I think I'll ship it out and just make sure I get a delivery confirmation and I should be covered. I'll wait until tomorrow night though just in case half does get back to me with bad news, heh.

13374.png

#521 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:31 PM

Cool. Thanks for that info. I've sold on half and ebay for over 10 years, but never thought about any type of scam from a buyer until I saw this thread. It got me paranoid...lol. I think I'll ship it out and just make sure I get a delivery confirmation and I should be covered. I'll wait until tomorrow night though just in case half does get back to me with bad news, heh.

I just got my email reply from half.com. They said they have already been paid so to go ahead and ship it. Everything will be fine. So I think I am good to go. Thanks for the info, guys.

13374.png

#522 darkstarripclaw

darkstarripclaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:22 PM

Lemme ask you amazon sellers a question

Are you actually able to leave buyers feedback?

I've never seen a single option to leave them feedback but the way some of you guys are talking it sounds like you're supposed to be able to. I sell on the Canada website so maybe this is for whatever reason some function that site doesn't have?

#523 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:39 PM

Lemme ask you amazon sellers a question

Are you actually able to leave buyers feedback?

I've never seen a single option to leave them feedback but the way some of you guys are talking it sounds like you're supposed to be able to. I sell on the Canada website so maybe this is for whatever reason some function that site doesn't have?

If you go into the order details, down on the bottom right of the page is a button that says "Leave Buyer Feedback"

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#524 darkstarripclaw

darkstarripclaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:44 PM

Doesn't seem to be something the amazon.ca marketplace system has then :/

#525 Coolzell

Coolzell

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:21 PM

I sent that xbox to the guy who asked me to send it to another address. He used a different account and I sent it to the address listed. Now the asshole is saying the xbox is scuffed and scratched and he wants a partial refund if I have insurance on the item or a full refund. nyx102 and saabgripeniv

#526 Gamer4life88

Gamer4life88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:09 PM

I sent that xbox to the guy who asked me to send it to another address. He used a different account and I sent it to the address listed. Now the asshole is saying the xbox is scuffed and scratched and he wants a partial refund if I have insurance on the item or a full refund. nyx102 and saabgripeniv

Never send the item if they ask you to send it to a different address. There's a 99% chance their trying to scam you somehow. And you will probably lose a dispute if they file one.

#527 Coolzell

Coolzell

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:16 PM

So then what do I pay ebay back the 147 + 15 shipping. I JUST started doing this and already got screwed. Probably should just quit if it's this bad after only 5 sells its not worth it.

#528 Coolzell

Coolzell

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:20 PM

Oh and I didnt send it to another address I ended the item and relisted it to him and this time he put the correct address.

#529 twiceborn

twiceborn

SAY WHAT?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:43 PM

Asking fro a partial refund is a major red flag. Guys like this target new sellers and intimidate them into full or partial refunds.

If I was you, I'd tell him I don't do partial refunds, but he can return it if he'd like for a full refund upon receiving the xbox. He might say to hell with it and leave you alone or he could up the ante and send you an old pair of sneakers and claim it's the xbox.

Given how ebay caters to the buyer, it's fairly difficult to not get scammed by a motivated, experienced and knowledgeable scammer. But at least you can make it difficult for them.

Since you've only done five transactions so far, you can always create a new selling account should he leave you negative feedback.

"When I die, I want to go just like my grandpa, peacefully and in my sleep,... not kicking and screaming like all of his passengers."

Joker "It seems he finally took the stick out of his a#*, but now he wants to beat people to death with it."

#530 Gamer4life88

Gamer4life88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:53 PM

So then what do I pay ebay back the 147 + 15 shipping. I JUST started doing this and already got screwed. Probably should just quit if it's this bad after only 5 sells its not worth it.

Just tell the buyer you don't except returns. If he files a dispute with ebay and wins (which he probably will since ebay mostly sides with the buyer) you're suppose to refund him and he's suppose to send you back the xbox. But like twiceborn said he can literally send you a pile of rocks in a box and ebay can't do anything. So you lose your xbox and your money. I've been shying away from ebay the last few months because of stuff like this. Good luck to you.

#531 Coolzell

Coolzell

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:56 AM

I'm hoping that Ebay slaps him down because he didn't say the xbox didn't work he simply said it was "Scratched and scuffed". Its a lie but even if he says it was scratched will ebay really side with him over a used product. Also he threatened to leave me bad feedback lets see if they take it into consideration. What website do you guys recommend for sellers since ebay wants to act like they don't have any obligation to sellers.

#532 te619

te619

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:00 PM

Anyone selling codes on Ebay beware of wajid91121.

This loser bought Xbox codes, and asked to have them texted (yes I know not to send codes electronically). Then followed the request with a dispute.

I know it happens, and I didn't lose anything. I just wanted to let others know to watch out for him in case he doesn't get banned.

#533 twiceborn

twiceborn

SAY WHAT?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:59 PM

I'm hoping that Ebay slaps him down because he didn't say the xbox didn't work he simply said it was "Scratched and scuffed". Its a lie but even if he says it was scratched will ebay really side with him over a used product. Also he threatened to leave me bad feedback lets see if they take it into consideration. What website do you guys recommend for sellers since ebay wants to act like they don't have any obligation to sellers.

Unfortunately scratched and scuffed can go against you in a dispute. But since he threatened to leave you bad feedback if you don't give him a partial refund, there is a specific ebay policy prohibiting this. So he pretty much sunk his own ship there.

http://pages.ebay.co...-extortion.html

Anyone selling codes on Ebay beware of wajid91121.

This loser bought Xbox codes, and asked to have them texted (yes I know not to send codes electronically). Then followed the request with a dispute.

I know it happens, and I didn't lose anything. I just wanted to let others know to watch out for him in case he doesn't get banned.

I think it's very clear this guy is a scammer. I mean he has a brand new account created on 9-17-11 with no feedback. And the first thing he does is file a dispute on his first purchase?

Even ebay should be able to tell immediately what this guy is about.

"When I die, I want to go just like my grandpa, peacefully and in my sleep,... not kicking and screaming like all of his passengers."

Joker "It seems he finally took the stick out of his a#*, but now he wants to beat people to death with it."

#534 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:25 PM

If you do have insurance through USPS you can really screw with the guy by saying, "Alright, your claim has been opened but according to USPS policy # blah-blah-blah you may be required to mail them the evidence or your claim will be denied." This way it isn't your word against his if he mails back an old pair of shoes :D
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#535 Coolzell

Coolzell

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:00 PM

When he does mail me some garbage (he will) and I have the feeling he will win regardless. I'll just record me opening the box putting it on youtube give him the link and telling him I'm going to court.

#536 Coolzell

Coolzell

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:18 AM

Ebay sided them him. Is it that easy that someone can just say its damaged and send books?

#537 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:15 PM

Ebay sided them him. Is it that easy that someone can just say its damaged and send books?

It may also be possible that he is sending you a broken system, different from the one you sent.

I always make a habit of logging the serial numbers of any consoles I sell, and any other high price items get an inconspicuous mark with a UV pen.

Earlier this year, I almost got burned on a $40 DVD. Girl ordered it, I sent it and a few days later I get an email saying that she ordered the wrong one. She returns it and I only opened the case just to check to make sure the disc was in there. I relisted it and it sold a week later. Fortunately, I double check all of our discs before shipping and holy crap was this disc scratched to hell. Definitely not the DVD I mailed her.

She basically used me to swap out her damaged disc for a nice minty one, for the cost of shipping. Luckily, it was all surface damage, so I was able to buff almost all of the scratches off. Since then, I've been marking my expensive discs with a UV pen

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#538 Coolzell

Coolzell

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:46 AM

This is my plan as sad as it is. If it isn't the xbox I said it was and it doesn't work or it's some random items I'll let my paypal sit in a negative balance and move away from ebay entirely. If it really mine and the guy changed his mind I'll no longer sell big items like that online but stick to C.list and locally. Whats wrong with people they scam and make your life harder then it has to be for no reason, but when bad things happen to them they wonder why. Would marking things even work? If they can send you random items and ebay/paypal believes them, what would marking them do?

#539 elmyra

elmyra

King of the Road

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:34 AM

It may also be possible that he is sending you a broken system, different from the one you sent.

I always make a habit of logging the serial numbers of any consoles I sell, and any other high price items get an inconspicuous mark with a UV pen.

Earlier this year, I almost got burned on a $40 DVD. Girl ordered it, I sent it and a few days later I get an email saying that she ordered the wrong one. She returns it and I only opened the case just to check to make sure the disc was in there. I relisted it and it sold a week later. Fortunately, I double check all of our discs before shipping and holy crap was this disc scratched to hell. Definitely not the DVD I mailed her.

She basically used me to swap out her damaged disc for a nice minty one, for the cost of shipping. Luckily, it was all surface damage, so I was able to buff almost all of the scratches off. Since then, I've been marking my expensive discs with a UV pen

Has anyone ever done this and had it help? I mean, even if you mark a disc with a UV pen or record the serial number of an Xbox, it's still going to be your word against the buyer's when they ship it back. Everything I've read indicates that eBay only looks at whether the buyer provides a DC number showing a package was shipped back to you. Supposedly when a seller claims fraud they just say that they have no way of verifying the seller's proof.

#540 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:03 PM

Has anyone ever done this and had it help? I mean, even if you mark a disc with a UV pen or record the serial number of an Xbox, it's still going to be your word against the buyer's when they ship it back. Everything I've read indicates that eBay only looks at whether the buyer provides a DC number showing a package was shipped back to you. Supposedly when a seller claims fraud they just say that they have no way of verifying the seller's proof.

With Amazon, it may hold up as they do tend to investigate both sides of an issue, especially with established Pro Merchants. eBay, I don't know, as I rarely sell on eBay anymore. But be it my word against theirs, I have no regrets about calling a person out as a scammer, since I have proof for myself.

A plus side to selling on Amazon is you can still leave negative feedback for buyers.