VIDEOGAME SELLERS TARGETED FRAUD info on half.com / ebay/ amazon

• Please log in to reply
665 replies to this topic

#31 cranguy

cranguy

with Rare Y-fold seal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:12 PM

Assuming that Crystal Turner is her real name, how difficult is it for eBay to arrest this bitch??

-Alex
qualitydisc2med.jpg

#32 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:39 PM

I'm about 10 minutes from the Van Nuys and Panorama areas. If the addresses are real, maybe it's time to pay a visit...

#33 aphex

aphex

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:13 AM

I just got a chargeback from Crystal Turner as well! My first in 9 years on eBay/Half.com

I used delivery confirmation and it shows delivered to Van Nuys, Ca.

#34 DisKounters

DisKounters

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:48 AM

I have been selling on Half.com for years, and have refunded over $2,500,000 worth of fraudulent orders. If you sell on HDC, I wrote an eBay Guide on how to protect yourself against fraud.

Half.com Sellers - Protecting against Fraud
http://reviews.ebay....000000008091498

I was at eBay Live this year in Chicago, and HDC talked about changing how they handle charges, and these fraud problems should go away. I'm not holding my breath, but if they do what they promised, the "fraud check" will go BEFORE the "You've Made a Sale" emails.

#35 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:48 AM

I have been selling on Half.com for years, and have refunded over $2,500,000 worth of fraudulent orders. If you sell on HDC, I wrote an eBay Guide on how to protect yourself against fraud.

Half.com Sellers - Protecting against Fraud
http://reviews.ebay....000000008091498

I was at eBay Live this year in Chicago, and HDC talked about changing how they handle charges, and these fraud problems should go away. I'm not holding my breath, but if they do what they promised, the "fraud check" will go BEFORE the "You've Made a Sale" emails.

Helpful, thanks.

#36 Zing

Zing

Witty Remark Here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:39 AM

fux those crooks. I lost $40 on my sale of bioshock. half.com just sent me an email saying they would deduct that from my bank account. What would happen if I just told my bank that it was not an authorized debit from my account?

When I actually had some unauthorized debits from my account, I had to fill out a notarized sworn statement saying they were unauthorized. I basically signed a legal document saying that I was not lying. So if you are lying and the bank finds out, then there will probably be repercussions.

#37 Lice

Lice

Hero Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:01 AM

Oneal Hamilton
1050 n summit Ave #4
Pasadena, CA 91103

I live 5 minutes from this place. Its in the "bad part" of Pasadena and there would be no way i would go there without many others, preferably someone with a large weapon(s).

I will mighty putty there car doors shut... thats all I have.

#38 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:18 PM

Here comes chargeback attempt number 2 or 3. I think it is time for a class action lawsuit against ebay/half.

#39 firetorespawn_

firetorespawn_

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:04 PM

Here comes chargeback attempt number 2 or 3. I think it is time for a class action lawsuit against ebay/half. Posted Image

I don't blame you at all as Ebay has become the spawning ground to thieves/fraud. It's disgusting.

OP thanks for the tip/heads up. Any means to get the word out always helps track this idiots down.

#40 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:26 PM

Note half.com works like amazon.com even though it is an ebay company. Funds do not go through paypal, they go directly to your linked bank account. Even if you transfer the funds, they can contact your bank and take the money back. I know some of this is common sense, but I am trying to teach other sellers how to protect themselves from this new scam.

transfer... I opened an entirely second account at my bank not attached to my personal accounts in any way. One is in my name, and my wifes name has all our personal stuff.

Unrelated I don't transfer I just flat out empty the account if I get worried. Good luck paypal.

You must have opened a sub account?

This is not a ridicule, I am trying to figure out what scenario you ran into with this to protect myself. I only use Ebay near Christmas really anymore. I stockpile my stuff (older PC games) and then dump them starting late October.
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#41 uglyteradon

uglyteradon

CAG-tastrophe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:31 PM

It happened to my friend last month.

#42 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:18 PM

Same name running this long is sick. Something should be done. I think I have even sent to a Crystal Turner beofer but no charge backs ever came of it.
-Josh

Posted Image

TRADE LIST

#43 Chacrana

Chacrana

You wa Cock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:45 PM

Anybody seen any shit about a Yolanda Molina? Pretty sure I'm getting fucked over, courtesy of Paypal.

Edit: The name on the account is Yolanda Molina, but it's shipped to Ramon Arias (in California). This definitely seems suspicious.

I woulda withdrawn all the money I had in my Paypal account, but they put a $500 limit on it, probably to make it easier for sellers to get scammed.

it was probably in there because I'm a flaming homosexual.

#44 Emie

Emie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:06 PM

Crystal turner ripped me off. so i found her phone number online and gave her a call. it turns out that her boyfriend was using stolen credit cards to order games. I didnt use dc on the first game i sent them, so after finding out it was a fake order i hurried up and mailed them a crappy book with delivery confirmation.

I emailed half.com the DC number and they let me keep the money

#45 Emie

Emie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:27 PM

btw here here is crystal turners webpage. she write poetry and trys to sell it online of all things! http://www.blackplanet.com/cyt072/ however her loving boyfreind is the one using her name for fraud.

http://www.gobignetw...tal-Turner.aspx

She had a craigs list post and i got her phone number off that, really freaked her out when i gave her a call about it.

or her number is on her website

http://www.crystal-turner.com/

#46 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:55 PM

Next time Crystal Turner buys something from you, don't bother shipping the game or filing a report. Use this instead...

http://www.poopsenders.com
Posted Image

#47 yuy104

yuy104

The future is blu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:52 AM

Wow, in August Half.com asked me for Shipping Info on an order I filled back in July, sent it to them...and I just got an email today saying they're taking the $ out of my account because of buyer chargeback and it's strongly suggesting I purchase tracking service and insurance to protect against loss.

I gave them the shipping info that said the item was delivered!!! And yet they can STILL take the $$$??? Now I'm out the copy of Heavenly Sword, and the $. I just wrote half.com an email again to complain about it. It's not about buying insurance to protect against loss, they're making commission from the sellers! The buyers don't pay them...we do. And yet we're the ones that get screwed.

#48 aphex

aphex

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:23 AM

Wow, in August Half.com asked me for Shipping Info on an order I filled back in July, sent it to them...and I just got an email today saying they're taking the $ out of my account because of buyer chargeback and it's strongly suggesting I purchase tracking service and insurance to protect against loss.

I gave them the shipping info that said the item was delivered!!! And yet they can STILL take the $$$??? Now I'm out the copy of Heavenly Sword, and the $. I just wrote half.com an email again to complain about it. It's not about buying insurance to protect against loss, they're making commission from the sellers! The buyers don't pay them...we do. And yet we're the ones that get screwed.

Just got notice today, they sided in Crystals favor as well EVEN THOUGH I have delivery confirmation showing the package was delivered.

As soon as Half debits my account, i'm calling my bank to dispute the charge. Screw Half, i'm closing my account. Thanks for having my back.

#49 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:21 AM

This is amazing. This Crystal Turner (or her bf) has ripped everyone off and completely gotten away scot free.

I'm just using Amazon from now on.

#50 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:04 AM

I thought Half.com had better seller protection than that. Basically if you use DC or something to show it was delivered, you are safe. I guess not.

#51 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:50 AM

Wow, eBay simply continues to protect sellers.:roll:

#52 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:17 PM

Wow, eBay simply continues to protect sellers.:roll:

but omgz the big bad sellers never leave feedbacks until you do!1 :roll:

I hate ebay so much.

#53 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:10 PM

Just got notice today, they sided in Crystals favor as well EVEN THOUGH I have delivery confirmation showing the package was delivered.

As soon as Half debits my account, i'm calling my bank to dispute the charge. Screw Half, i'm closing my account. Thanks for having my back.

Same thing happened to me today. I am calling my bank and filing a complaint with the BBB.

#54 Zing

Zing

Witty Remark Here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:08 PM

Which one of these homies do you think is playing your games right now?

http://fs.blackplane...7ab0a29fa0/437x

(Their names are "lil bro" and "egg roll". I leave it up to you to guess which is which.)

#55 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:29 PM

I thought Half.com had better seller protection than that. Basically if you use DC or something to show it was delivered, you are safe. I guess not.

Is it possible it runs deeper than that, and someone in half or ebay is involved as well?
-Josh

Posted Image

TRADE LIST

#56 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 12:48 PM

Wow, after reading all of this, I think it's time to get a lawyer involved. Looks like the only way Half/Ebay is going to do anything is if a lawsuit is thrown at them. Aiding and protecting a well documented scam-artist, while flat-out refusing to help those being scammed by this person? I'm sure you could file some sort of suit over that.

Somebody should seriously talk to a lawyer over this, since obviously Half/Ebay wants to do nothing about it. Even a nice legal letter warning of pending legal action may be enough to get there asses straight.

Makes me glad I only sell on Amazon.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#57 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:54 PM

They have to see this huge list of not receivd coming from them, they must know something is fishy. Unless their system is that automated they have not even picked up on it, or simply do not care one bit.
-Josh

Posted Image

TRADE LIST

#58 GF_Eric

GF_Eric

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:37 PM

Sorry to bump this old thread, but this just happened to me again. This time, though, I had a DC # to send the fuckers packing. They tried to claim a sale from 4 months ago didn't arrive.

The name is - Jermane Pinson

#59 Brian9824

Brian9824

CAG-Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:42 PM

For starters if everyone files a BBB report on them that will help. 20 reports filed on them in a day will raise a flag.

Also i believe half.com has a forum. I'd post detailed instructions on how its possible to scam people using their rules and policy. It's an informational post, they will NOT like seeing 20 posts on how easy it is to scam people.

I did the same thing with ebay/paypal and had an offer of a $200 refund the next day directly from paypal.

#60 pfp

pfp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:19 PM

Thoughts on various things that have been said:

BBB is garbage - there's really far less to accomplish by reporting to them than you'd hope.

That whole "get a lawyer" thing may not be a bad idea.

And I would think that even if they have an automated system processing it, that they could set said system to LOOK FOR overzealous disputes.

Craigslist - If it's not still sealed, somebody probably had sex with it.