Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:19 PM

Beware: yohnnyboy11
Jonathan cruz
755 Southern Blvd
Between 156 Apt 3A
bronx, NY 10455-2141

Basically the same deal as dragonjud, but with a code that both emailed and usps mailed. Was to light to get DC on it. Ebay sided with them.

#572 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:03 AM

Beware: yohnnyboy11
Jonathan cruz
755 Southern Blvd
Between 156 Apt 3A
bronx, NY 10455-2141

Basically the same deal as dragonjud, but with a code that both emailed and usps mailed. Was to light to get DC on it. Ebay sided with them.

Never to light. Just put it in a manilla envelope with a piece of wadded up newspaper, or one section of the small air bubbles amazon uses to package or other similar bulky item and send as a 1st class package. Even better now that e-label for 1st class are free. I forget the exact rate but a 2 oz 1st class package is like $1.95 (price went up, used to be $1.50 or so until the recent increase)

My chargeback:
Gustavo Mora
3038 Hartman Terrace
Hayward, CA 94541

Half.com, New user, high priced item, priority shipping, signed by him 1/7/12, no contact, now a naru user so he was using a stolen CC likely.

#573 FatBoyInside

FatBoyInside

Money costs too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

Another Half.com chargeback incident from a naru account, so stay wary from :

Dorothy Gonzalez
34274 wood str
LIVONIA, MI 48154

My Lowball Sale has started.  Limited time only, ends 7/14.  

animePSP2.jpg

#574 paddlefoot

paddlefoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:46 PM

This thread has been mighty useful and I thank you all. I have a question about sellers of bootleg materials.

Does eBay do anything about sellers and pirated DS carts?

I ask because eBay recently took off Transformers G1 Blaster and Reflector knock-off figures from my account saying it was trademark infringement.

Which was funny for 3 reasons)

a) These figures are sold on eBay all the time
b) They are 30 years old at least (found them in a box of stuff)
c) I say "knock-off" and "possible knock-off, off-brand, etc" in the titles and description. I'm not trying to mislead anyone.

I would think these figures would be patent infringement if anything, but alas, nothing I can do. My real question is does that mean eBay has cracked down on Asian bootlegs as well?

Edited by paddlefoot, 23 February 2012 - 05:34 AM.

#575 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

I ask because eBay recently took off Transformers G1 Blaster and Reflector knock-off figures from my account saying it was trademark infringement.

c) I say "knock-off" and "possible knock-off, off-brand, etc" in the titles and description. I'm not trying to mislead anyone.

I would think these figures would be patent infringement if anything, but alas, nothing I can do. My real question is does that mean eBay has cracked down on Asian bootlegs as well?

They usually only police by keyword or by people reporting a specific item. Ebay usually allows bootleg DVDs (especially Anime) because it helps their bottom line. They can say they are against it all they want, but they do little to prevent it.

#576 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

I don't know about eBay, but Amazon takes it pretty seriously. I had already posted about it, but last year I ordered Super Princess Peach from a guy that had his priced rather low compared to other sellers. That should have been my first warning. When it arrived, it was CIB, but everything about it screamed knockoff. The poorly printed manual and art (with generic UPC), and then the cart label itself, which looked horrid.

After checking some of his feedback, this wasn't an isolated incident. He had several neutral, positives and negatives, some alluding to the game not working on their DSi, but he refunded them, etc, etc.

First step, I negged him, calling him out on his pirated games. He contacted me and offered me a nice refund if I removed the feedback. No way, sir. I then reported him to Amazon for both selling illegal bootlegs, and for attempted feedback manipulation, followed up by an A-to-Z claim. And then, to top it off, I reported his listings to Nintendo's piracy division. Within a week, I got fully refunded and his storefront was wiped out.

From a buyer's perspective, it didn't matter much, because the game actually played perfectly on my DSi XL and it was like $12, but as a seller, this asshole was driving down prices of the competition while flooding the market with junk. I feel no pity for that guy.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#577 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

I don't know about eBay, but Amazon takes it pretty seriously. I had already posted about it, but last year I ordered Super Princess Peach from a guy that had his priced rather low compared to other sellers. That should have been my first warning. When it arrived, it was CIB, but everything about it screamed knockoff. The poorly printed manual and art (with generic UPC), and then the cart label itself, which looked horrid.

After checking some of his feedback, this wasn't an isolated incident. He had several neutral, positives and negatives, some alluding to the game not working on their DSi, but he refunded them, etc, etc.

First step, I negged him, calling him out on his pirated games. He contacted me and offered me a nice refund if I removed the feedback. No way, sir. I then reported him to Amazon for both selling illegal bootlegs, and for attempted feedback manipulation, followed up by an A-to-Z claim. And then, to top it off, I reported his listings to Nintendo's piracy division. Within a week, I got fully refunded and his storefront was wiped out.

From a buyer's perspective, it didn't matter much, because the game actually played perfectly on my DSi XL and it was like $12, but as a seller, this asshole was driving down prices of the competition while flooding the market with junk. I feel no pity for that guy.

Yeah, the main problem on amazon is usually people selling games as "new" when they are not factory sealed. I used to have to report 10-12 listings a week for stuff like that when I sold on there and amazon was always slow to remove them.

#578 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:07 AM

Yeah, the main problem on amazon is usually people selling games as "new" when they are not factory sealed. I used to have to report 10-12 listings a week for stuff like that when I sold on there and amazon was always slow to remove them.

I used to do that, people listing in clear violation of the condition guidelines. But I decided to stop wasting my time and let the problem take care of itself. If they sell to an irrational person who doesn't read the description, it's their negative to deal with. A few negatives due to their own ignorance is sometimes enough to make them reevaluate their listing practices.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#579 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:22 AM

My only problem with Amazon are third party sellers using Amazon to fulfill there products and having the items not as described.

I recently purchased Shinobi 3DS from Source Media aka "Noram" in like-new condition. The top left of the case and artwork were completely torn, there was a tear maybe 2 1/2 inches long along the side, like-new my ass. =/

Luckily a new seller is selling it for $1 cheaper and the condition is stated as "new", lets hope I'm lucky this time around. At least Amazon returns are quick and painless!!!!

#580 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

Speaking of sellers on Amazon listing opened, used items as "new"... Posted Image Not only is it opened but it is also missing the manual (which should be "acceptable" condition by Amazon's sellers) and this wonderful seller lists the game as "new". Brilliant. The only person who would buy that is one who would skip over the description, who I'm sure in turn wouldn't be too happy to receive it.

#581 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:20 AM

Maybe someone that knows about half can chime in. I sold a game on half.com today to amatz89 . But they are now unregistered user. So I don't know if I should ship it. This is the address. Look familiar to anyone?

17650 devore ln
fort myers FL 33913

#582 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:27 AM

Maybe someone that knows about half can chime in. I sold a game on half.com today to amatz89 . But they are now unregistered user. So I don't know if I should ship it. This is the address. Look familiar to anyone?

17650 devore ln
fort myers FL 33913

I would not ship it.

#583 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:42 AM

I recall that users who register only with half and not ebay will show up as not registered. Of course, its up to you to ship it, if you're not feeling it I would cancel and refund the order

Nothing to see here, move along!

#584 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

Thanks for the replies. He/she actually bought both spyro games I had listed. Last time I sold 2 spyro games together a couple of years back I got hit with a chargeback.

#585 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:16 AM

When was the account registered? Also did they request standard or expediated shipping? In the end it doesn't matter because half.com should back you in the event of a chargeback as long as you have a valid DC#. Just make sure promptly respond to any chargeback information they ask for.

#586 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

Wanted to give you an update on this guy:
Ebay ID: agan1620
Aneal Ganta
31632 Coast Hwy
Apt A
Laguna Beach, CA 92651-6984

So, Ebay/paypal withdrew $45.00 from my account on Jan 22nd.
I responded to this guy's request by basically telling Ebay that I was being scammed. As you all know most cases are immediately defaulted in favor of the buyer, but for whatever reason, they opted to put the case on hold.
Supposedly, their investigation would take 2 weeks.

I waited an entire month, and on Feb 22nd contacted Ebay again (via phone this time). I was told that if I pushed them to make a decision, they would again automatically judge in favor of the buyer. I was told they would send a second request for information, and would make a judgement by March 7th.

So, it took Ebay 45 days to return my funds, and only because after that amount of time the scammer never replied to their requests for information.

I'm going to close my paypal and Ebay accounts, as I find that ridiculous.

#587 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

At least you got your funds back, I know a lot of users here have gotten the short end of the stick

#588 JediJames2

JediJames2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

Not sure if I should be worried yet or not but I sold the Mass Effect 3 CE on 3/5 (on eBay); guy promptly paid that day and I shipped it out 3/6 once I picked up the game. On 3/7 he sends me a message through eBay saying his address had changed (providing me a new one) and to let him know if I had already shipped it to the old address. eBay username for buyer is melfitz08; feedback of 72 but last activity was in 2010. If it turns out to be a scam I'll post the addresses.

If this isn't a scam what can I do to help this guy? Package has been out of my hands since Tuesday and is scheduled for delivery today.

#589 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

Not sure if I should be worried yet or not but I sold the Mass Effect 3 CE on 3/5 (on eBay); guy promptly paid that day and I shipped it out 3/6 once I picked up the game. On 3/7 he sends me a message through eBay saying his address had changed (providing me a new one) and to let him know if I had already shipped it to the old address. eBay username for buyer is melfitz08; feedback of 72 but last activity was in 2010. If it turns out to be a scam I'll post the addresses.

If this isn't a scam what can I do to help this guy? Package has been out of my hands since Tuesday and is scheduled for delivery today.

Sounds like a scam. After the package is delivered, and it's in his hands, he will likely hit you with a 'never received item' dispute.

Most people switch housing on the last day or first day of the month, and most normal people do not move over night without notice.
At this point your only defense is your tracking number. Keep all exchanges through the Ebay system (not private email), and hope for the best.

#590 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

There's a real book available on how to scam people on eBay:

Posted Image

I wonder if some of these jackass scammers read it?

#591 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

It could be someone that legitimately changed their address. I haven't sold on half for a while, but can you see his address in paypal? If so does it match the one on half? If they match he probably forgot to change his address since he hasn't used his account in 2 years.

If that is the case, you should get the package back as undeliverable.

#592 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

If he just recently moved, shouldn't he have have his mail forwarded? (I guess this depends on whether you're using USPS to ship or not. I'm not sure if UPS or Fedex has any sort of mail forwarding service.)

Can anyone confirm if mail forwarding causes any issues with eBay disputes?

#593 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

If he just recently moved, shouldn't he have have his mail forwarded? (I guess this depends on whether you're using USPS to ship or not. I'm not sure if UPS or Fedex has any sort of mail forwarding service.)

Can anyone confirm if mail forwarding causes any issues with eBay disputes?

I think they only forward for 1 year at the PO.

Usually if you ship to the ebay address within the US, you are covered as long as you have DC.

#594 FatBoyInside

FatBoyInside

Money costs too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

Here's another scammer with a hijacked ebay/Half.com account. (Don't be a victim like myself!) Avoid mailing anything you value to :

JIM ROJAS
8002 Cornwall Lane
Tampa, FL 33615

I feel very sad and miserable now ...

My Lowball Sale has started.  Limited time only, ends 7/14.  

animePSP2.jpg

#595 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:23 PM

Hey guys, could use some advice on a recent Half.com sale -- my first. Listed a new Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition and it "sold" within minutes. So of course I am a little wary since it happened so fast and the price at which I listed wasn't the cheapest one available.

To the google...

Buyer has 9 positive feedbacks on eBay, all as a buyer and all positive, but their last activity was in October of 2010. The shipping address provided appears legit but is showing up on Spokeo.com as having 25 residents, so it's clearly an apartment complex -- and yet there is no # of any kind on the shipping address to distinguish it.

So I went ahead and emailed the buyer through the Half.com email system asking them to re-verify their address. There has been no response in 2 days. I'm supposed to ship it out by next Wednesday.

TIA for any suggestions.

edit: I suppose it wouldn't hurt to post the city/state of the shipping address to see if sets off anyone's brain alerts: Columbia, MD

Edited by eLefAdEr, 11 March 2012 - 11:04 PM.

#596 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

If you havent heard from them for two days, you might consider canceling and refunding the order. Just shoot them an email and state that since you couldnt verify it you're refunding the order, and if they want to buy it again from you they'll need to provide it.

#597 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:24 AM

Hey guys, could use some advice on a recent Half.com sale -- my first. Listed a new Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition and it "sold" within minutes. So of course I am a little wary since it happened so fast and the price at which I listed wasn't the cheapest one available.

To the google...

Buyer has 9 positive feedbacks on eBay, all as a buyer and all positive, but their last activity was in October of 2010. The shipping address provided appears legit but is showing up on Spokeo.com as having 25 residents, so it's clearly an apartment complex -- and yet there is no # of any kind on the shipping address to distinguish it.

So I went ahead and emailed the buyer through the Half.com email system asking them to re-verify their address. There has been no response in 2 days. I'm supposed to ship it out by next Wednesday.

TIA for any suggestions.

edit: I suppose it wouldn't hurt to post the city/state of the shipping address to see if sets off anyone's brain alerts: Columbia, MD

I pulled all my half listing recently. Why? Because about 80% of what I sold were for dropshippers. 2, I hardly sold anything on there, shitty traffic.

#598 CAG90210

CAG90210

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:24 AM

Hi there,

I just sold a game on ebay to a buyer that created his account today with 0 feedback. His paypal address is verified but as per paypal, "the sender of this payment is unverified". I feel a little bit uneasy on this since this is a $50 transaction.

If it's okay, I will post the buyer's address here:

219 N Welch St
scottsville, KY 42164-1031

A google searched showed this as a company address? Any advice on how I should proceed, should I e-mail the buyer and if I should, how should I approach this?

Thanks!
Currently playing:
Gamecube - Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
PS3 - Skyrim
SNES - Super Mario RPG: Legends of the Seven Stars, saved file corrupted, almost towards the end too :cry:

Recently beaten:
PS3 - Uncharted 3 :applause:
CML
PSP - Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection: Final Fantasy IV

#599 Jack

Jack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

Hi there,

I just sold a game on ebay to a buyer that created his account today with 0 feedback. His paypal address is verified but as per paypal, "the sender of this payment is unverified". I feel a little bit uneasy on this since this is a $50 transaction.

If it's okay, I will post the buyer's address here:

A google searched showed this as a company address? Any advice on how I should proceed, should I e-mail the buyer and if I should, how should I approach this?

Thanks!

I'd just send it. I've had new, unverified buyers before and didn't have any problems with them. Many people who are new Paypal users or just don't use it very often don't bother verifying their account. Get delivery confirmation and you should be fine.
Brawl: 1892-4510-3504

#600 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

If you havent heard from them for two days, you might consider canceling and refunding the order. Just shoot them an email and state that since you couldnt verify it you're refunding the order, and if they want to buy it again from you they'll need to provide it.

Thanks for the advice. I'll give the "buyer" until the end of today and then cancel/refund. Not quite sure how to do that yet but it can't be too hard to figure out.