VIDEOGAME SELLERS TARGETED FRAUD info on half.com / ebay/ amazon

• Please log in to reply
681 replies to this topic

#661 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:22 AM

Really? Stan Smith ought to punch some sense into her.

#662 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:23 PM

Really? Stan Smith ought to punch some sense into her.

I bet it's really Roger that's doing it.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#663 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:03 AM

Here's a scammer. Bought a Xbox One from him and got smelly clothes instead. Smh.

He has an Amazon store too apparently. Also he used USPS to ship it LOL.

Sell ID: graveyards_garage_sale

Robert Edwards

120 Drive 1240 

Mooreville, MS, 38857

Customer Service email: atnhappy78@gmail.com\

UPDATE- got a full refund!

ITS%20DAT%20DAM%20KID.png

#664 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:48 AM

Better watch out. They might be Frank Costanza clothes with moths.

#665 MRW2276

MRW2276

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:00 AM

Amazon
Now I will not be shipping to any third party "forwarders".
Recipient is actually in Costa Rica and after I issued a 100% refund (dumb on my part) I found out the addy was for a company after issuing the refund...

Originally I tried to track it throught USPS Delivery Confimration which showed shipment 4/1 received in Miami 4/3 but not "delivered"... after 4 days, USPS was unable to confirm delivery, so I refunded (recipient had filed by 2nd ever A-Z... first one was a definitve scammer and I won)

The forwarding company investigated and the game was received 4/24...

Shipping Address:
Tipna Fabbs Burns (SJO59004)
MIAMI, FLORIDA
7620 NW 63RD ST
MIAMI, FLORIDA 33166-3608

I will now be googling addys before shipping, thank goodness this was a $12 game.

Speaking of googling ebay addresses. I got a live one me thinks. Paypal address doesn't match the verified address. When you search the address there is yet another name and the guy is a registered sex offender with a history of dealing in stolen goods. Also the tell tale sign of a dorment account suddenly spending hundreds.Tried to warn ebay and paypal last night, but was told it's OK to send. Guess ebay will just raise fees to cover all their loss on fraud.

#666 BHitmanW20

BHitmanW20

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:36 PM

I sold a legit copy of Pokemon Fire Red on Amazon and the buyer e-mailed me telling me he was pissed I sent him a fake and wanted me to take care of it or he'd contact Amazon and leave me bad feedback. I asked some questions to get more info before telling him that I know 100% is wasn't fake, but he got pissed that I didn't immediately refund his money and opened an A-Z case.  Amazon refunded his money but found that I wasn't at fault so I didn't have to pay him. The buyer left me negative feedback and I'm sure he won't remove it and Amazon's feedback removal policy doesn't cover this scenario. Anyone aware of anything else I can do about this?  By refunding his money, Amazon is just enabling scammers to continue screwing with sellers.

Here's the name/address

Elizabeth Espinoza
4630 BORDER VILLAGE RD # 1334
SAN YSIDRO, CA 92173-3118

The contact name in the messages exchanged was Frank

#667 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:27 PM

I sold a legit copy of Pokemon Fire Red on Amazon and the buyer e-mailed me telling me he was pissed I sent him a fake and wanted me to take care of it or he'd contact Amazon and leave me bad feedback. I asked some questions to get more info before telling him that I know 100% is wasn't fake, but he got pissed that I didn't immediately refund his money and opened an A-Z case.  Amazon refunded his money but found that I wasn't at fault so I didn't have to pay him. The buyer left me negative feedback and I'm sure he won't remove it and Amazon's feedback removal policy doesn't cover this scenario. Anyone aware of anything else I can do about this?  By refunding his money, Amazon is just enabling scammers to continue screwing with sellers.

Here's the name/address

Elizabeth Espinoza

That's selling on Amazon for you.  I'd send a feedback removal request to Amazon, since it can't hurt to try, even if it's not "covered" by their policies.  Sometimes you'll get a seller support person that will use common sense to determine that the feedback is fabricated bullshit, especially based on the history of the transaction in question.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#668 BHitmanW20

BHitmanW20

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:07 PM

That's selling on Amazon for you.  I'd send a feedback removal request to Amazon, since it can't hurt to try, even if it's not "covered" by their policies.  Sometimes you'll get a seller support person that will use common sense to determine that the feedback is fabricated bullshit, especially based on the history of the transaction in question.

Already tried that through their automated system and it was declined.  I spoke to someone on the phone earlier who created a case and escalated it to a supervisor.  Hoping to hear back in 1-2 days.

#669 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:29 AM

Here's a new one:

Jonathan Scher
900 Las Palmas Way
El Paso, TX 79912-1844

Username: johny_olde

They did a bank reversal on a game they bought from me, I called eBay and Paypal and they said I should be fine as they are investigating the buyer for suspicious activity as they initiated over 200 bank reversals today and as long as I can provide Delivery Confirmation I should be covered. However, I do not understand how someone can commit that many bank reversals and still be an eBay member.

#670 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:05 AM

Here's the name/address

Elizabeth Espinoza

That name and state looks so fucken familiar.  I think it's a serial scammer.

#671 BHitmanW20

BHitmanW20

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:09 PM

Already tried that through their automated system and it was declined.  I spoke to someone on the phone earlier who created a case and escalated it to a supervisor.  Hoping to hear back in 1-2 days.

Just a quick update....I did finally convince Amazon to remove the feedback.  It took a lot of persistence.

#672 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:06 AM

I just had two people from Van Nuys, CA order items from me (1 is video game related, the other is not). It seems they are in the same Apartment complex, but different units. Wonder if I'm about to have another scam attempt - or it's a really crazy coincidence that so many addresses are from Van Nuys, CA... and now I got two of them. I just thought it was odd to have 2 bidders so close together, searched "Van Nuys ebay fraud" and this thread was one of the top results. Good old cheapassgamer.com.  :bow: 

The thing is though, both of these guys have perfect feedback (one of them very extensive feedback going 10 years) and none of them mention chargebacks. So I don't know. There is really no basis to cancel the items. I guess I'll ship them and see what happens (the 2 or 3 times in the past that I had attempted chargebacks, I didn't lose anything anyway... and these aren't particularly pricey items). 

WTF is up with all the fraud in CA though. Seems crazy that so much of it comes from there. I'm assuming all the illegal immigration must play a role or something, but there must be something else that makes it so easy to do these frauds in CA. Or maybe CA just has a crazy proportion of criminals? :-k  

#673 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:51 AM

^^^double the population of any other state.

#674 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:57 AM

Amazon -

Just shipped (today) to this address and while it's not listed, I am concerned as the purchaser was Jose Garcia, but the recipient -

Marcos Espinosa
38 DORAL WAY
ANTIOCH, CALIFORNIA 94509

Bought two mint complete GBA GBC games  - totalling $80

I shipped Priority with DC...

Does this address sound familiar to anyone?

I posted now, as if I get dinged it might help another seller....

I will delete the above eventually...

Sadly I have been scammed on Amazon but luckily won all three attempts (man it was a time consuming battle!)

"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#675 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:06 AM

I might have a live one here.  Sold my personal copy of Metal Gear :xb1: last week and shipped it right away.  Got a notice tonight from the buyer claiming it was scratched up and his XB1 wouldn't read it.

The problem is, I bought the game brand new the week before it sold and played through it twice in one day and immediately listed it, only touching the disc three times, including checking the disc prior to shipping it.  I'm pretty sure this guy is trying to swap out his damaged disc for my pristine one.  Once it's confirmed, I'll post info here about it.

I should have just traded it to Gamestop... I didn't make much more after fees than GS would have given me anyways.

#676 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

I sell maybe a game a week on Amazon...

This whole new fraud has me both frustrated and perhaps overly cautious.

Non pro sellers (like me) who do not pay $40/month now have no seller support number to call.

Today I sold (with expedited shipping mind you) a $40 pristine gamecube game shipping to CA...

So I called the regular customer service number, chose 0 and told the rep I needed Seller Support with a brief explanation of the fraud I was concerned about...

He connected me, I reiterated in more detail the reason for my call. The rep put me on hold and then came back to verify the account address I was being directed to ship to had been associated with that account for at least 3 months.

I then shipped the game.

So perhaps this will help other sellers to try.

It took less than 10 minutes (worth it to me).

#677 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:53 AM

I might have a live one here.  Sold my personal copy of Metal Gear :xb1: last week and shipped it right away.  Got a notice tonight from the buyer claiming it was scratched up and his XB1 wouldn't read it.

The problem is, I bought the game brand new the week before it sold and played through it twice in one day and immediately listed it, only touching the disc three times, including checking the disc prior to shipping it.  I'm pretty sure this guy is trying to swap out his damaged disc for my pristine one.  Once it's confirmed, I'll post info here about it.

I should have just traded it to Gamestop... I didn't make much more after fees than GS would have given me anyways.

And the guy filed an A-to-Z claim instead of returning the "damaged" game.  More to come, I'm sure!

#678 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:19 AM

And the guy filed an A-to-Z claim instead of returning the "damaged" game.  More to come, I'm sure!

wow please post his name at least...

no way in hell, I will ship to him and would greatly appreciated the info.

GL on the battle to come!

#679 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:08 AM

I'll post a name once the claim is closed.  I don't want to run the (incredibly slim) chance of it biting me in the ass.

#680 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

Amazon closed it; they funded it in the buyer's favor, which is bullshit.

Dai Moroboshi
15746 HUBBELL ST
DETROIT, MICHIGAN 48227-2949

#681 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:16 PM

Amazon closed it; they funded it in the buyer's favor, which is bullshit.

Dai Moroboshi
15746 HUBBELL ST
DETROIT, MICHIGAN 48227-2949

LOL Dai Moroboshi, did you google that name?>Fictional Character. Good job guy.

#682 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:00 AM

figured this might be the best place to post this

carbon28 on ebay is a dirty rotten liar. i am selling an item and they kept messaging me giving me a different story about their daughter. the jist of it all is that they have a 25 month old daughter that has been looking for a movie that was released in the 90's for a really long time and she has really bad epilepsy with alot of medical bills and 49 dollars to their name.

since the first time they messaged me, they have purchased 2 disney vault movies on bluray.

just as a heads up.

my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

Games List (60% complete)

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!